Universal Hospital Services, Inc.

Universal Hospital Services, Inc. Employer Reviews

Good for partime work
Hospital Service Tech 1 (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSSeptember 1, 2014
UHS is a part time job for me it's can be a difficult place to work at times everyone wants to be a boss. Part employee's don't get raises at all,so don't expect pay increase.
It okay
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: no supervision
Cons: no growth
Not much room for growth but decent pay and no supervision for the most part.
Fast Paced Environment with learning curve
Technician / Equipment Materials Management (Former Employee), Earth City, MOAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits
Cons: management, team work
A typical day has me coming in around 2245 til 0730. Clocking in dressed and ready to work. Logging in patient calls from RN's in thier respected area of the hospital with fast delivery of medical equipment and/or supplies. Visiting the soiled areas and par areas throughtout the night picking up soiled equipment and dropping off clean equipment. The – more... hardest part of the job is coming in knowing that the person before me has put me in a situation 99.9 percent of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was going above and beyond for the patients and having full knowlegde of my job from start to finish to get any amount of work load done in a 8 hour window. I loved this job – less
Great company to work for
Lithotripsy/ESWL Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2014
Pros: fun and not mundane
Cons: constantly on-call
Fun job that allows you to use your skills while traveling. You will be trained on Holmium lasers, Greenlight/Xps lasers, CO2 lasers, and if you are a certified radiologic technologist, you will be an ESWL specialist.
fast paced and laid back environment.
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee), 2001 Lawrence drive suite 101A De Pere WI 54115August 1, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch pto and paid holidays
Cons: hours, not knowing when you will be done can be hard for planning stuff.
A regular work day consists of seeing what delivery and pick ups need to be done, usually a run can consist of in town destinations, and other times it can be as far as 200 miles away out of town. I learned a great deal on the equipment we have, from beds, mattresses, vents, and all our alaris equipment that consist of iv's, pca's, and epidural pumps. – more... Management is good with working with you for time off, sometimes I feel that they could manage and prioritize situations better. Most the employees are willing to give a hand, I do enjoy the people I work with. Some just have their set ways on things. Hardest part is the call, If there was no call it would be a very easy job and lots less stress. Traveling and being outdoors is the best part of the job. It's nice driving in the summer and seeing other cities. – less
this is a good place to work if management was better
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 30, 2014
Pros: it was a clean place to work at and the pay was average to good.
Cons: working with out sleep driving large trucks for over 24 hr.
there management could be a lot better controlled by hr than it is. and the compensation benefits are very expensive and still don't cover much at all it has gotten very bad in the last yrs I was there.
uhs
Hospital Service Technician II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 25, 2014
Great place to work! equipment services
work as a team and get the job done
Productive day gaining high visbility with key stakeholders
Therapy Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 21, 2014
Pros: product satisfaction, end user satisfaction, new revenue streams, wide variety of offerings
Cons: stakeholders will not meet with you, budget not allowing for new equipment, census low
A typical day would be making rounds on current patients while meeting with other department heads to generate undefined streams of revenue dollars. My goal is to have at least 5 call points within a facility. My ultimate goal is to make UHS, my customers one and only source for rental and capital equipment decisions. Once I complete my day of rounds, – more... I complete documentation to include all opportunities and forecast how I anticipate moving forward with those opportunities. – less
Small medical device company that will never grow
Account Executive (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2014
This is not a good company. Go work for KCI, Arjo Hunteigh, Hill-Rom, Recovercare, or any of their competetors
lack of opportunity
Biomedical Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
There is a lack of opportunity for growth, management cares very little about their employees experience and dedication for the company. Compensation is not adequate for the jobs which your required to do.
Overall: Good Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 12, 2014
Pros: flexibility in site managment
Cons: bonus structure, culture, advancement, brand recognition
I've been an operations manager with UHS for over 4 years. The company provide an unique niche in the healthcare market place. Average day starts at 8am - 4:30pm.
Currently, I'm managing two locations. I've been patiently waiting for my replacement for over 18 months.
Worst place I ever worked for
Hospital Service Technician (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOApril 8, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: no breaks, management is the worst from top to bottom, understaffed, not professional, they don't care about the employee, and understaffed
Extremely understaffed, management was the worst, there was no professionalism, new manager was brought in with NO experience so the employees had to train her, the company doesn't care about the employees if you're not management and above, no accountability on the managers part, overworked, under appreciated, often times breaks and lunches were worked – more... through, as an HST there was no voicing your opinion. The best parts about working for UHS was learning about the medical equipment and the interaction with the doctors, nurses, and patients. Would not recommend this place to anyone that wants to be appreciated, have their voice heard, or feel like a part of a company. – less
Lots of overtime. No benefits
Customer service aka driver (Current Employee), PaMarch 22, 2014
Cons: no lunch breaks, overtime pay or benefits for "on demand"
If you want a job where you work 70 hours a week doing jobs that no one else wants with no overtime pay or benefits then this is the place for you. No time off allowed for dr appointments or school or interviews to try to leave. It's a trap!
Fast paced with extensive knowledge of equipment
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Tiffin, IAFebruary 15, 2014
This is a fast paced environment with business constantly changing. We supply medical equipment to hospitals all over the state so it is very important to keep up with all the new technology and equipment. I have learned a great deal about customer service, supervising employees, and sales strategies.
Great place to work.
Clinical Care Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: vehicle provided, set own schedule which allowed me to visit accounts that were in immediate need.
Cons: unable to visit long distant accounts as much, due to budget.
Rounded on all patient handling equipment. Wound vacs, beds, mattresses, etc. Developed so many great relationships in the hospitals through the years. Always would check in with staff from every department, addressing needs and concerns as well as implementing new ideas for better outcomes. Loved the idea of meeting and greeting all staff, as well – more... as patients. Promoting new products as well as training new staff was very enjoyable. Have knowledge of so many pieces of equipment, not just patient handling. Thorough knowledge of infusion, ventilators, CPM's, etc. The most enjoyable was the incredible relationships I have established through the years. I was a trusted advisor for them. – less
UHS review
Hospital Service Technician (Former Employee), Earth City, MOJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: paid time off for part time employees
Cons: always short staffed
I really enjoyed working for UHS. It was a learning experience that I will never forget. The staff that I worked with was pleasant. I enjoyed having paid time off even though I was a part time employee. I also enjoyed getting to know the hospital staff that I was stationed at. The hardest part of the job was that we were always short staffed.
Challenging rewarding job
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Raleigh Durham, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: management, team support
Cons: resources, paperwork
UHS is a challenging place to work since there are so many different products. My management team is excellent and supportive. So far, it has been very enjoyable to work here.
Good Job... Questionable Management
Equipment Process Technician I (Current Employee), Dunbar, WVJanuary 9, 2014
The job is good, and it's a balanced work environment. My typical day at work consists of clocking in; cleaning beds; and cleaning medical equipment. It's nothing to be learned as much, but in certain fields is hard to advance. Management is highly questionable due to the fact that it's very cutthroat.HR is screwing people over, and then you have the – more... management publicly yelling at their employers. Not much diversity in ethnicity where it's only one black person and one female working. The hardest part of the job is that if you're a EPT (Equipment Process Technician) I. You're the only one that's singled out on trying to test / inspect certain things; and sometimes you are working all day on your feet that goes pass your actual clock out time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the co-workers who there that makes the day go by. – less
Terrible company. Do not work here.
Analyst (Former Employee), Edina, MNDecember 26, 2013
Pros: non-sales staff employees are good to work with
Cons: the sales reps will make your daily life miserable
The culture at the UHS corporate office is the worst I ever have seen. The management style is one of fear and intimidation. There is a contant threat of layoffs, employees have no job security, and employee morale is extremely low.

The Asset360 Sales group leads the charge in this company, and has no regard for fiscal or moral responsibility. If you – more... dare stand up to them or get in their way, your career at UHS is finished. They need to CLEAN HOUSE in the sales group, starting with the A360 leadership team. Think I'm exaggerating? Ask around. Reputable recruiting firms won't send their candidates to UHS any longer.

But, there is one positive thing that can be said about working at UHS: a number of truly decent people work in non-management positions. So you'll have a number of good, new connections when you quit or get fired 12-24 months after your hire date.

Bottom line: DO NOT WORK AT UHS. You'll regret it if you do. – less
Good Place to Work
Divisional Operations Director (Current Employee), Oklahoma, TXDecember 18, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: focus changes daily
Good hard working people who want to do good things for the patients they serve

1 2 3

About Universal Hospital Services, Inc.

Universal Hospital Services, Inc. (UHS) is a leading provider of medical equipment management and service solutions to the US – Read more