Universal Hospital Services, Inc.

Universal Hospital Services, Inc. Employer Reviews

stepping stone to learn
employee (Former Employee), california,ca.February 24, 2015
Pros: before overtime all you can, but now if you do overtime you have to make some reports everyday
Cons: low salary
best place to start your career and to start learning different things.
best place to start your career and to start learning different things.
Good place to work, no advancement
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: decent pay, good management
Cons: lack of advancement/no real lunch break
If you're content with staring in one position then this job is great. For someone who is trying to grow and develop the job gets old fast. Love my boss, one of the reasons why I've stuck around for so long.
Great co-workers, but over worked
Hospital Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 19, 2015
Most of the time we are short staffed. Manager doesn't seem to understand the workload that we take. Job description was different from what the task is at hand.
Great part time job
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee), Cleveand Ohio and surrounding areaFebruary 19, 2015
I have been working at UHS for two years on a part time basis. I can tell you I love the job and would like it to be full time. However that opportunity is not available. The company is a great place to work management is easy to get along with.
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: no benefits
Great positive place to work. Great starting out how to sale, and make sales. If you make your quote, your out. 60 Memberships a month for full time and 30 Memberships for part time.
Great company
Professional Hospital Operations Manager (Former Employee), McHenry, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: everything i learned and experianced
Cons: i didn't get the support i needed to retain staff, less head count and full time positions would have been more appealing resulting in less turn over.
UHS provides a great service and is easy to promote due to the quality and training they provide.
Everyday you hit the ground running and each day offers something new or challenging. In a management role you are responsible for all aspects of the department, all hours, all shifts.
Several of the positions were part time under 20 hours a week and I found the turn over was very time consuming. Schedule adjustments were consistent, overall everyone worked very well together to meet the needs required. Often times, I worked 14 to 15 hours a day on Salary.
Overall, I enjoyed my job and the experiences.
CUSTOMER SERVICE TECH-1 (Current Employee), Maumee, OHDecember 30, 2014
Helping people,completing tasks on hand, a typical day of work
Fun and productive workplace.
Hospital Technician (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 24, 2014
Pros: discount lunches.
Cons: late night shifts.
A typical day at work will be showing up and walking the floors to count how many pumps and other equipment I will need to clean and bring up. I learned how to enter data into the computer, and how to clean pumps.Management was awesome. Really helpful and is there when you need them. Co-workers were nice and helpful. Hardest part is getting called by several people at once for equipment and having to decide who to go to first. The most enjoyable part is all the people I got to meet and make friends with.
Great Pay but Poor Support from Management
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSNovember 20, 2014
Pros: pay is good, company cell phone
Cons: long hours, no balance between family and work, no support from upper management
Awesome co-workers at the district level but complete lack of support from upper-management. They try to keep as little staff as possible which creates burnout. They will continue to push you with impossible demands when you don't have the staff to complete what is asked of you.
Great Place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: if you push hard enough you can get it done.
Cons: corporate grid-lock
Busy, high through put. As a manager, you have to be good at Supply chain, project management, and Budget management. If you feel comfortable dealing with customer (internal and external) and solving difficult problems, then this is the place for you.
Very busy fast past friendly environment
Dispatcher/Hospital Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
dispatcher memorial Herman Hospital. answer incoming calls, follow up on daily reports, process orders
Good for partime work
Hospital Service Tech 1 (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSSeptember 1, 2014
UHS is a part time job for me it's can be a difficult place to work at times everyone wants to be a boss. Part employee's don't get raises at all,so don't expect pay increase.
It okay
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: no supervision
Cons: no growth
Not much room for growth but decent pay and no supervision for the most part.
Fast Paced Environment with learning curve
Technician / Equipment Materials Management (Former Employee), Earth City, MOAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits
Cons: management, team work
A typical day has me coming in around 2245 til 0730. Clocking in dressed and ready to work. Logging in patient calls from RN's in thier respected area of the hospital with fast delivery of medical equipment and/or supplies. Visiting the soiled areas and par areas throughtout the night picking up soiled equipment and dropping off clean equipment. The hardest part of the job is coming in knowing that the person before me has put me in a situation 99.9 percent of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was going above and beyond for the patients and having full knowlegde of my job from start to finish to get any amount of work load done in a 8 hour window. I loved this job
Great company to work for
Lithotripsy/ESWL Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2014
Pros: fun and not mundane
Cons: constantly on-call
Fun job that allows you to use your skills while traveling. You will be trained on Holmium lasers, Greenlight/Xps lasers, CO2 lasers, and if you are a certified radiologic technologist, you will be an ESWL specialist.
fast paced and laid back environment.
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee), 2001 Lawrence drive suite 101A De Pere WI 54115August 1, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch pto and paid holidays
Cons: hours, not knowing when you will be done can be hard for planning stuff.
A regular work day consists of seeing what delivery and pick ups need to be done, usually a run can consist of in town destinations, and other times it can be as far as 200 miles away out of town. I learned a great deal on the equipment we have, from beds, mattresses, vents, and all our alaris equipment that consist of iv's, pca's, and epidural pumps. Management is good with working with you for time off, sometimes I feel that they could manage and prioritize situations better. Most the employees are willing to give a hand, I do enjoy the people I work with. Some just have their set ways on things. Hardest part is the call, If there was no call it would be a very easy job and lots less stress. Traveling and being outdoors is the best part of the job. It's nice driving in the summer and seeing other cities.
this is a good place to work if management was better
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 30, 2014
Pros: it was a clean place to work at and the pay was average to good.
Cons: working with out sleep driving large trucks for over 24 hr.
there management could be a lot better controlled by hr than it is. and the compensation benefits are very expensive and still don't cover much at all it has gotten very bad in the last yrs I was there.
uhs
Hospital Service Technician II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 25, 2014
Great place to work! equipment services
work as a team and get the job done
Productive day gaining high visbility with key stakeholders
Therapy Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 21, 2014
Pros: product satisfaction, end user satisfaction, new revenue streams, wide variety of offerings
Cons: stakeholders will not meet with you, budget not allowing for new equipment, census low
A typical day would be making rounds on current patients while meeting with other department heads to generate undefined streams of revenue dollars. My goal is to have at least 5 call points within a facility. My ultimate goal is to make UHS, my customers one and only source for rental and capital equipment decisions. Once I complete my day of rounds, I complete documentation to include all opportunities and forecast how I anticipate moving forward with those opportunities.
Small medical device company that will never grow
Account Executive (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2014
This is not a good company. Go work for KCI, Arjo Hunteigh, Hill-Rom, Recovercare, or any of their competetors

1 2 3 4

About Universal Hospital Services, Inc.

Universal Hospital Services, Inc. (UHS) is a leading provider of medical equipment management and service solutions to the US – Read more