Universal Hospital Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Overall good job
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 21, 2017
The job is easy to pick up on but learning UK's hospital can be a challenge. I like the people I work with and they were very helpful in teaching me how to do the job.
Pros
I like the people I work with
Cons
Lots of walking
Experienced professional in the Healthcare Industry.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 15, 2017
25 plus years of positive experience in the Healthcare field. During my tenure I have held various positions throughout the Acute, Sub-Acute and Nursing Home markets.

I hold a strong passion for patient care and outcomes.
Productive,fast paced environment
Hospital Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIMarch 14, 2017
Uhs is a place were people who need to keep bUsy will fit in . There is always more to do with a team and individually. Sometimes the hours are long but the environment is very diverse. Always new things to learn yet can be very repetitive.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Physically demanding
Cst
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 14, 2017
ok job to get foot in door of healthcare field. As a CST you are the runts of the company to deliver/pick-up/clean/test equipment while answering phones & other duties...
Productive and fun workplace
Hospital Service Technician Level II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2017
Come in, do patient rounds, clean equipment, deliver calls, go home. Fun workplace. My boss was awesome and would always be understanding. UHS is always willing to build you up and move you up if you show that you are deserving.
Rewarding and fun work environment.
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYMarch 12, 2017
Rewarding by working with hospital patients.
Fair compensation.
Start day with equipment rounds throughout the hospital.
Clean equipment throughout the work day.
Delivery of equipment throughout workday.
Disappointed
ESWL Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 9, 2017
Was expected to be ready to perform job duties without the proper training that I was promised. Pressured to go solo when I wasn't ready. Poor planning on management's part.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too high of expectations and poor training.
Fair work enviroment
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 8, 2017
Poor supervisory leadership, Poor management accountability and Lack of accountability,Poor Time and Attendance practice,
Frequent shift shortages and Lack of direction.
Pros
Payscale
Cons
Lack of accountability
Physically Challenging
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNMarch 7, 2017
Team work in a fast paced and physically demanding environment. Self starter strong organizational and priority driven abilities. If you like to walk for hours on end averaging about 20 miles a day. Like to clean very much like doing dishes all day. Like to go in sick patients rooms to inventory the equipment daily than this is the job for you.
Pros
not sitting in an office able to move around and be on your own accord.
Cons
No down time constantly on the move may lack opporunity for a break.
Good opportunity with career advancement.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 1, 2017
I worked for UHS for about 2 years. I started as an On Demand employee, where I worked as needed. After 10 months, without a degree, I was promoted to Supervisor based off of hard work and knowledge of the job responsibilities. There was always work that needed to be done. Very busy and critical work environment, which is good for me. Hardest part was managing others. Most enjoyable part was helping patients get back to good health.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Critical environment
UHS is an enjoyable company to work for.
Customer service technician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILFebruary 17, 2017
UHS is an enjoyable company to work for. UHS is understanding when you are dealing with a major family crisis. Pay and compensation are on par for required education and experience.
Stay away from this company!!!
Hospital Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJFebruary 9, 2017
One of the worst companys to work for the pay is great but to deal with management and all the changing guidlines isnt enough to compensate. The boss who i had was very unprofessional and wouldn't allow other employees to use PTO or schedule off even months in advance. God for bid you even call out sick! And on top of that YOU had to find the coverage not the boss. Which in my years of retail and other companies was a first! Stay away from this company as much as possible.
Pros
Hospital experience and high pay
Cons
Bad management, refusing time off, horrible co workers, no benefits as part time, no room for advancement, harassment off the job, just a bad company :(
Horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CA 91352February 2, 2017
Extremely under paid for work given, Was told after an 8 hour shift to drive up to Sacramento and back the same night to deliver a unit needed for the next day. Told to not have any overtime, if worked over time i had to break it up and place it on days worked or forced a day off so overtime was not paid
Good company
Hospital Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOFebruary 1, 2017
good pay. easy job and they will work with your schedule. They have holiday parties. you get raises and reviews often. you also get hospital discounts on food out the cafe
Ok to start out in
Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2017
Not a horrible company, but not for anyone looking for a place to stay long term. Sales and operations not really in sync with each other. Communication is iffy... depends on what C-level person is providing the communication. Company depends on "home-grown" programs yet outsourced the help desk.

My department team was wonderful and my immediate manager was the best. Cross-departmental communication and teamwork is hit or miss.

Good place to get your feet wet for about 3 years, but probably not where you want to retire from.
Uhs
Anesthesia Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 19, 2017
It was really good working for UHS but when management changed it got hard on all the veterans and eventually they shut down our Arlington banch.
Company with Integrity
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 18, 2017
The hardest part of the job for me is the on-call. This is a 24/7 company and we deliver all types of equipment to our customers within a 2 hour + drive time. This includes 1000 lb bariatric beds and for a 55 year old woman it is not easy.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers. They call and know that I'm able to help them - going above and beyond.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
On-Call
Supervisors/managmnt is great
Hospital Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2017
This is a great company to work for ... the supervisors are very supportive. Always there to assist you.
95% of the company is great
Pros
Cons
salary
Poor leadership, 5 direct leadership changes within 1 year
Clinical Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 28, 2016
Poor leadership, I had 5 direct leadership changes within 1 year and there were many leadership changes from the CEO to front line staff in a very short amount of months. No one really knew what role they wanted the Clinical Solutions Sales RN to provide.
Don't bother.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 24, 2016
Low pay. Terrible work/life balance. Expensive health/dental/vision. No vacation. No room for growth.

This job was was fine to start me off in a new state, but I quit once I found a higher paying job with benefits, vacation, and a Mon-Fri schedule.

This job will wear you down. On your days off you will want to do nothing but sleep.

This job might be okay for someone who is in their early twenties or lives with their parents, but does not fit well with someone who has a busy life outside of work.
Pros
Long lunches, being left alone, discount on cafeteria food
Cons
Exhausting shifts, too much work for low pay, being shorthanded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Hospital Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8