Universal Hospital Services, Inc.

Universal Hospital Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good place to work but sorry management
Hospital Service Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, bonuses, holiday parties
Cons: management is sorry!
I was let go from this company after having a baby. I was told that it was because I was an On Demand employee. I worked hard for 2 years here, all the way up until the week I gave birth. The management at this location was sorry and showed favoritism to the laziest employees. I guess because they stayed in his office telling him only God knows what. I went to him a couple of times about these same people dodging work, calling out every week, leaving orders in the printer and refusing to do work. Ultimately, thats what sent me out the door, not having a baby. This is a good company to work for, this location just has BAD management.
Inventory and clean hospital equipment.
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 1, 2013
Very busy, must monitor productivity. Hours are the most difficult, some nights then some days. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with patients and coworkers.
Good team atmosphere on the local levels a upward battle for advancement
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Wixom, MISeptember 24, 2013
Pros: flexibility to schedules for local staff to work multiple shifts
Cons: limited advancement
Day to day running of medical supply and rental company. Current freeze on hiring and staffing concerns. Good local team leadership fights for little guy but generally falls on deaf ears.
Good place to get started in the field
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee), New JerseySeptember 23, 2013
Great opportunity for technicians just getting out of school looking for experience.
Working place for motivated people
Biomedical Equipment Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 26, 2013
A biomedical Techinician will find at UHS the tool needed to stay competitive on the job market: Diversity of equipment, travel opportunities, and networking.
Leaders in Medical Equipment Leasing
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 30, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: lack of growth
Large company with regional office all over the country. Support staff good. Slow to implement new technology sometimes
Productive and Learning available
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Saint Rose, LAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: own boss
Cons: no supervisor to go to
Very challenging; plenty of learning and growth opportunities;
Hospital Service Tech (HST-1) (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: very little chance for advancement
My time spent with UHS has been quite pleasant. I've gained a great deal of knowledge in regards to medical equipment.
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, CAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great place to network within the health care industry
Cons: not a good place for growth and little room for advancement
A typical day for me at UHS would be the sterilization, Inspections and testing of all piece of equipment that came back from customers.
I learned how to test and repair medical equipment. Management lacks resources and ideas to run smoothly. We seen to always fall behind our quality control indicator.
The hardest part of my job will be the 24 hours On-Call schedule.
The most enjoyable part of my job is networking and socializing with clients and employees.
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, CAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: not a good place for growth
Cons: 24 hours on-call
The hardest part of my job will be the 24 hours On-Call schedule.
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, CAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: each day i get to drive to different parts of the bay area.
Cons: dealing with bay area traffic.
The hardest part of my job will be the long drives and dealing with traffic.
Corporate driven organization
District Operations Manager- Cleveland/Toledo (Current Employee), Cleveland, OH & Toledo, OhioJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: autonomous daily schedule
Cons: lack of particiaption or input to budgets, & expectations from corporate office located in minneapolis
Typical day consists of ensuring that staff are executingthe deliver and logistics plan for the customers. Primary custoemrs are hospitals and long term care facilties. Reporting on weekly/monthly expenses and conducting quality audits to comply with corporate protocol.
Equipment Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 5, 2012
Pros: fellow employees were hard workers.
Cons: none!!
Management was great. Only worked with them for six months, but dealt with them when needed rental equipment. Staff was great!!!!
Fun place to work
Anmed Health Contractor (Former Employee), Anderson, scNovember 28, 2012
It was a great place to work. Fun enviroment, great hours, great people that you worked with.
Easy if you are a college student
HST 1 (Current Employee), Childrens Hospital of AlabamaNovember 4, 2012
Pros: easy, great job while in school!
Cons: a heard voice as an employee
The job is what you make it. Its the people that make it difficult. The issues I am sure are common. You do what you're suppose to do but you always have that few that do not follow the rules or do what they are being paid for.
Great work environment
Hospital Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: exposure to individuals at various levels within the hospital and working with the public.
Cons: limited opportunities for growth
I was responsible for overseeing the delivery, processing, and inventory levels of several pieces of movable medical equipment within the hospital.
Understanding the needs of each department was critical to operational success, as each had unique needs.
I enjoyed building relationships with the Nurse Managers, developing my staff, and interacting with hospital patients.
Universal Hospital Services
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: 24 hr on call schedule
Great company but no room for advancement.Universal Hospital Services is composed of many different states but dependent upon each district office there is no level of honor or integrity.
Excellent company
Senior Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 24, 2012
Pros: travelling, opportunities to meet with the executive management, wonderful and caring staff.
Cons: could not find any....
UHS is a unique company that I have worked for. The experience and the staff are all excellent and foster the team spirit. Although the company, had to downsize, it is still one of the main private companies that has great benefits.
Productive abd fast past environment
HST 1 (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 22, 2012
Pros: the environment was wonderful
Cons: the manager was not fair
I learned how to handle patients and their loved ones. I loved jus being around the hospitals atmopsphere.
Very family friendly company that provides a great place to work
Biomedical Technician I (Current Employee), Machesney Park, ILAugust 14, 2012
Pros: great working environment, flexibility
Cons: little room for advancement
The job consists of repairing medical equipment from different vendors and customers in the health industry. The management is active and knowledgable. The company has a great work environment and very family friendly. There is always a challenge on completing projects with specific deadlines.

About Universal Hospital Services, Inc.

Universal Hospital Services, Inc. (UHS) is a leading provider of medical equipment management and service solutions to the US – Read more

Universal Hospital Services, Inc. Salaries