Universal Lighting Technologies

Universal Lighting Technologies Employee Reviews

Love the family atmosphere
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, easy to work around any schedule.
Cons: Salary needs improvement and management needs to focus on communication with employees
I think management could use some communication training. The company itself could improve written procedures. I like the atmosphere, laid back environment. The job can be easy is you are trainable and the work load depending on what your doing can get a bit overwhelming.
A sad disappointment after many years following a leader in the business...
Regional Sales Manager-South West (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management, underperforming sales agents
Great company, great ideas, great corporate supporting people. Just a major disappointment at the end. Top management needs a nudge and possibly a change to make a real impact for the business. Needs to closely analyze their players in every market and make them more accountable of what is expected from each of them.
I performed my job. My take away, don't be lured by large companies thinking that they have everything together. If you see problems or something that eventually will become an issue, discuss it and take action. If not appreciated, look for a way out. PRONTO!
Enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: flexibility, assisting employees and customers with projects and as needed
Cons: no possibility for growth or to advance in another position.
I assisted management as well as employees, conference calls, facilities requests, conference room management, supply management, travel management, MKTG management.

I worked here almost 19 years. Enjoyable environment. I learned a lot of skills to advance further in my career.
A learning experience working with engineers on prototypes.
Manufacturing and Prototype build Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, Al.April 11, 2014
I enjoyed working on many different projects with engineering and CAD. The people were like Family.
Mid Size Lighting Company
Senior Product Introduction Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2013
Great company that recently became involved with LED Modules and Drivers. Has been in the ballast manufacturing industry for the past 60 years.
Don't expect long term commitment
Regulatory Compliance - Test Engineer (Former Employee), Madison, ALAugust 8, 2013
Cons: not a stable company
Don't work here and expect a long term commitment from ULT.

ult
All Around Great Company
Component Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I left this company because my position was eliminated along with a few others. I am saddened terribly by it because this is the best company to work for. The pay and benefits are great, the people are, bar none, wonderful to work with. I worked for a great manager, had a wonderful Component Engineer as an immediate supervisor and friend and I made life long friends with many others. The company genuinely cares about you and your family. I would have stayed with this company for the rest of my life it it were a possibility!
Good company to work for.
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), MexicoMarch 21, 2012
Pros: saving plans
I had a good learning experience working with this company.
Really demanding with high expectations of each employee.
It is a good company to work for.
Family Oriented, friendly environment.
Senior Regulatory Test Engineer (Current Employee), Madison, ALMarch 19, 2012
Pros: wealth of knowledge among co-workers
Cons: n/a
Focused on results & being competitve. Great Company to work for.
Industry