Universal Lighting Technologies Employee Reviews

Good place to wrok
Documentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJune 23, 2017
It was a good place to work. I enjoyed going to work each day and working with my coworkers. The company has a positive direction and likes to keep everyone informed.
Pros
Nice facilities
Cons
Na
Stable enviornment with excellent tools provided.
Distinguished Engineer - Firmware (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2017
The company had a entrenched culture with no hope of changing methods. Engineering was supported well but communications and leadership of senior management was poor.
Universal lighting technlogies created lighting ballast and controls and was moving into the field of LED board and controls.
Sr. PCB Designer Commercial (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2017
CAD design, creating schematics, working as a librarian, and designing multi-layer, high-density printed circuit boards using SMT and mixed technology, up to 6 layer, fine pitch microprocessors QFP, PLCC with gull-wing and J-leads.
nice people with no clear vision
Senior Packaging Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Upper management very un-organized. Projects typically start with an unclear path and then spirals out of control in multiple directions. Deadlines are rarely met.

Most of the people are very nice to work with.
Pros
most of the people are nice to work with
Cons
no clear direction from management.
Good Company- Good Technical People
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 29, 2016
Universal was good for me for 9 plus years. Learned a lot and grew in my technical and manager skills. Associates are very professional with team player attitudes. Corporate decided to consolidate in other location otherwise I would still be there.
Pros
Challenging Work
Cons
No assistance for further education.
Awful place to work
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 12, 2016
Just bad culture and atmosphere over all- from top to bottom. No appreciation for hard work, lot of back biting and office politics...just a bad place to spend 8 hrs everyday.
Busy & learned something new every day
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2016
The company is located in Nashville, TN. I was located in the Chicagoland area. The people in Tennessee were ALWAYS willing to step in and help resolve issues or help create a customer events. They were all an awesome team to work with.
Pros
The people I worked wwith
Unsure of their next steps
Director, Sign Channel Development (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2016
I took advantage of the many advancements that were offered to me at ULT. The management there has changed drastically lately, but has been a good company to work for. Times are getting difficult for being a lighting manufacturer - LED margins are slipping VERY quickly and the competitive marketplace is heating up, causing a lot of nervousness around the company's stability going forward... I wish them luck.
Pros
Good benefits, career advancement, nice people
Cons
Tough marketplace, some politics, "entrenched" employees
Stay away
RMA Analyst (Former Employee) –  TNJune 22, 2015
Dont work here, they will suck the life out of you. Promise rewards that you will never get. You will end up with 5 jobs while working here and paid for one.
Love the family atmosphere
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 30, 2015
I think management could use some communication training. The company itself could improve written procedures. I like the atmosphere, laid back environment. The job can be easy is you are trainable and the work load depending on what your doing can get a bit overwhelming.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy to work around any schedule.
Cons
Salary needs improvement and management needs to focus on communication with employees
A sad disappointment after many years following a leader in the business...
Regional Sales Manager-South West (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Great company, great ideas, great corporate supporting people. Just a major disappointment at the end. Top management needs a nudge and possibly a change to make a real impact for the business. Needs to closely analyze their players in every market and make them more accountable of what is expected from each of them.
I performed my job. My take away, don't be lured by large companies thinking that they have everything together. If you see problems or something that eventually will become an issue, discuss it and take action. If not appreciated, look for a way out. PRONTO!
Benefits
Cons
Management, underperforming sales agents
Enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2015
I assisted management as well as employees, conference calls, facilities requests, conference room management, supply management, travel management, MKTG management.

I worked here almost 19 years. Enjoyable environment. I learned a lot of skills to advance further in my career.
Pros
Flexibility, assisting employees and customers with projects and as needed
Cons
No possibility for growth or to advance in another position.
A learning experience working with engineers on prototypes.
Manufacturing and Prototype build Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, Al.April 11, 2014
I enjoyed working on many different projects with engineering and CAD. The people were like Family.
Don't expect long term commitment
Regulatory Compliance - Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALAugust 8, 2013
Don't work here and expect a long term commitment from ULT.

ult
Cons
Not a stable company
All Around Great Company
Component Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 11, 2013
I left this company because my position was eliminated along with a few others. I am saddened terribly by it because this is the best company to work for. The pay and benefits are great, the people are, bar none, wonderful to work with. I worked for a great manager, had a wonderful Component Engineer as an immediate supervisor and friend and I made life long friends with many others. The company genuinely cares about you and your family. I would have stayed with this company for the rest of my life it it were a possibility!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Good company to work for.
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  MexicoMarch 21, 2012
I had a good learning experience working with this company.
Really demanding with high expectations of each employee.
It is a good company to work for.
Pros
saving plans
Family Oriented, friendly environment.
Senior Regulatory Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALMarch 19, 2012
Focused on results & being competitve. Great Company to work for.
Pros
wealth of knowledge among co-workers
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Lighting Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2