Universal Logistics Employee Reviews

I had a good team but had a weird shift.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 28, 2018
I had a great time while I was at universal Logistics working for Nissan plant in Smyrna. I didn’t feel like I fit in with the people because all the time because they were bad influences.
Pros
As many hours as you wanted to work.
Cons
No lights in the warehouse and no heat or air conditioning.
always working
Forklift and reach truck operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 10, 2018
was working 7 days a week plus being a full time student, it got rough. constantly staying busy never a dull moment but all the people working there. it was entertaining
Slave work
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 1, 2017
Learned alot of new things good for someone young who can work your way up if youre really serious. Management is childish no work life balance checks where short union rep did not backup employees...must I go on!
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Work
Horrible
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALNovember 20, 2017
Management doesn’t give a care about you. Far as promoting its all favoritism. U bust your tail and get nothing in return. They won’t take care of issue that you have problems with. They ignore all your problems
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Benefits, Managers, Respect.
Day at Polaris
LINE LEAD (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 16, 2017
Making sure your employees are at work in place;and ready for a great day at work. Have meetings on what we need to work on to advance on daily task. Make sure we service the customer (Polaris) and give them our best at all times.
Great job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 17, 2017
Enjoyed working. Great working environment, people friendly company. Clean and professional environment. They were will to take the time to train each person
Great place
Dock Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNSeptember 6, 2017
Great place to work. The vacation policy is amazing. Our Shakopee operation was a start up. So it felt good to help build a winner. I would like more recognition, but who wouldn't.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 28, 2017
I enjoy being a team leader with universal logistics I have applied for the supervisor job available but have not heard anything yet. I hope my resume will work for me.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No advancement
Fair place to work .
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 22, 2017
If you have seniority it's not a bad place to work . But a new employee can expect to get forced to work OT every day if they need you . The Teamsters union is very little help .
Pros
fair benefits.
Cons
Forced OT
Go somewhere else
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 17, 2017
Their trucks didn't deserve to be on the road switcher trucks that eat 5 gal. Of oil per shift
Nissan is where they send equipment to die.losing trailers on plant property.they may have newer equipment but the same management exist's slave labor won't own another nissan.go union!
Pros
A job
Cons
Noth8ng else
Decent pay with overtime opportunities
Tote Sorter (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMay 28, 2017
The pay is pretty decent. The work schedule is usually six days per week. So there is overtime. Forklift drivers can get more overtime.
if you can drive a forklift and want to make pretty good money, this would be a good place for you. Otherwise, please stay away.
Pros
overtime
Cons
favoritism
Worst warehouse job I have ever experienced.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 11, 2017
Overworked and underpaid. The management takes employees outside and threatens them. We were cussed out, yelled at, called various names. Females are especially treated like dirt. Going to HR only makes treatment worse. Management tells you one day we get a day off then changes it last minute. I was there since start-up. I survived a lot. When told we had to work Easter, I put in my notice.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Being cussed out. Being threatened away from witnesses by management.
not an enjoyable experience
Lead Inbound (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 14, 2017
typical day at work shift meeting. went about business
the company does not care about their employees
they constantly have you working 6 to 7 days a week. they don't expect their employees to have days off with their families unless you take a point then they give you a hard time.
Cons
no time off health care benefits are horrible
Decent Pay, Terrible Hours
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 17, 2017
Make good money and job isn't too hard. PLENTY of OT, but you work 6 days one week and 7 the next. Wasn't told about this when hired.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Too many days
Relaxed on the rules isn't as nice as it sounds.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNFebruary 11, 2017
Warehouse environment is different than previous jobs. The job itself is exactly what I want. There's always something to do between the paperwork, emails, phone calls, schedules, etc. However, the management can sometimes be demeaning. There's no sense of structure, therefor constant conflict between shifts or employees or supervisors. Creates a lot of tension and uncomfortable work environment.
Pros
Not too strict. Steady work.
Cons
Favoritism. lack of respect. unappreciated.
Not a very organized company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 13, 2016
This company has no work life balance. Be prepared to work 6 and sometimes 7 days a week. Not to mention that they sometimes change your start time, which is so inconvenience if you were hired to work a certain schedule and now your schedule has been changed to fit the need of the company.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Some weeks you work seven days.
Great work
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNOctober 2, 2016
Good place. Keep very busy all week long and they have overtime opportunities available on the weekends. They have good running and well maintained forklifts.
Excellent place to work
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 9, 2016
Home Depot has an internal culture like no other. They are very employee friendly with an family based culture. I prefer not to go into details.
fun work place everyone is like family
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNApril 1, 2016
Friendly people, generous employers fun atmosphere, paid vacation and holiday pay. Pay is weekly. Employers are very nice, they are like a big family. They make accommodations if you have Dr visits or children. Sometimes they buy lunch for the employees. Very flexible with time. However if they let you go they won't tell you why. Overall nice place to work.
Pros
employers are very easy going and take good care of employees
Cons
no job security
A good place to learn but not to grow.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNFebruary 25, 2015
There is no leadership in this company, you are giving a task to complete only to be told your doing it wrong. You can not tell a person to do something then condemn them for doing it, when they do not know what they are doing. I worked over, came in early, and never asked for as much as a thank you. But after three years when I mentioned a raise I was laughed at and pushed to leave.
Pros
Home daily
Cons
everything is a secret but everyone is expected to know what to do immediately.