Universal McCann

Universal McCann Employee Reviews

Excellent staff and resources
Manager, Integrated Investment (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2014
While every day at UM was very different, most days involved time sensitive adjustments to media plans pursuant to evolving client priorities. My experience at UM was invaluable, and overall I would say that the most important lesson was how to identify, access and utilize large agency resources to fulfill client objectives. Management excelled at creating a positive work environment where proactive and self-starting employees thrived, to which co-workers responded positively. The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet client objectives as fully as I would have liked to, due to insufficient staff levels. My favorite part of my job was working with the client and partner agencies to facilitate unique marketing executions.
Best Decision I ever made
Assistant Digital Planner (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 31, 2014
UM could not have been better. It was progressive, communal and a family.
Open work space, bad communication, not much concern for entry level employees, upper management is pretty clueless
Associate, Integrated Investment (Media Buying) (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free parties
Cons: almost everything else
The pay makes it impossible to live in the city if your parents aren't paying for you and you have student debt. Being a commuter in this office is hard. Door to door, my average day is 12 hours. We have to wait to be dismissed like children. The work is very tedious. middle management is mediocre and upper management is totally oblivious. The perks are not worth it, and the communication is awful!
Productive workplace
Portfolio Management Senior Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Universal McCann is a productive place to work, has intelligent leadership, and is innovative.
Fun place to work with a lot of perks
Media Buyer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, sport tickets, dinners
Cons: demanding deadlines, long hours.
As a television media buyer at Universal McCann you deal with television networks on a daily basis in order to place your clients ads in the best programming to reach the target demographic. This job come with a lot of entertaining perks to build relationships with network sale people.
Great Place to Learn About Renewable Energies
Associate, Portfolio Management (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch, great people, lenient with work hours
Cons: no benefits
-Great job while in college
-Learned about renewable energies industry
Great Company
VP Partner, Integrated Investment (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2013
Great company with lots of opportunities based on the large size. Employees are friendly, and create a fun environment to work in.
Fun Place to work
Assistant Media Buyer (Former Employee), Birmingham, MIJuly 9, 2013
Pros: lots of pto
Cons: wages
Work Hard Play Hard
Management were great and understanding, loved my co workers. Work load could be overwhelming but worth it.
Learned key things not the environment for me
Media Planner/ Senior Media Planner (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2013
Pros: great perks, interesting environment
Cons: management, salary, work hours.
I learned all my fundamentals here. I was able to gain the where with all to know the media industry in all angles as I specialized in strategy with all media.
new experience for the life
Digital Director (Former Employee), Bolivia,May 30, 2013
Pros: good clients
Cons: any benefits
Bolivia is a undeveloped market in south americas for that reason the work quality is not the best.
Great open atmosphere, friendly office, fun work environment and a lot of perks.
Integrated Investment Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2013
I loved working here, it was indeed a glamour job because the Network Television supervisors at CBS, NBC, ABC, etc would come bribe us to get us to buy their ad space and the hours were sometimes long but the uncluttered office space and overall vibe was fantastic. I love being organized and making to do lists. I LOVE Outlook, I loved the routine of the job and how I knew my role and what was expected. The hardest part was when emergencies would come up and we'd have to do our best to manage on our own but I learned a lot about decision making and further sharpened my attention to detail.
Great offline and online integrations
Integrated Senior Strategist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2013
Overall I enjoyed my time at Universal mcCann (J3). J3 was a very small tight knight environment, where learning new skills and media opportunities was highly encouraged on a daily basis.
Strong Company in a Competitive Atmosphere
Assistant Media Buyer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: professionalism
Cons: amount of employees
Challenging, high paced company that brings out the very best in every employee.
Productive and fun place to work
Financial Budget Analyst (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2012
Pros: various workshops and classes provided for growth
Cons: last minute prodject changes
Working at UM gave me a sense of responsibility and freedom to do my job. It abled me the freedom to think,problem solve with the support of my team.
Excellent work enviornment with a great overview on the entire media industry
Senior Integrated Investment Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2012
Pros: excellent management, room to grow
Cons: working on one account
Media buying across multiple platforms
-TV
-Place Based (OOH)
-Digital

Learn everything from logistics to data entry.
Learn how to negotiate and maintain buys.

Extremely helpful team environment to learn from.
Informative and overall a good enviorment to work
Financial Budget Analyst (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: provide on going training sessions
Cons: temporary position
Daily tasks keeping clients campiagns within budget by billing and runing financial reporting. I learned that sometimes management don't know the amount of time and effort some tasks take before they implement changes.the co-wokers were plesant and came to work. the hardest part of the job was dealing with a manager that didn't know how to be a leader. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to solve issues that the media planners had. And of course their social events.
A fun, collaborative, innovative media company.
Media Buyer- Sony Pictures (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2012
Universal McCann is an innovative media company that provides consistency in the quality of work.
UM is a great place to learn from smart people. Make sure you are in the right group.
Manager, Global Brand Strategy (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2012
Pros: great place to launch career
Cons: agency life can be hard, but its rewarding
Great place to work. I enjoy my day to day work. Client request come fast but if you are a good work you can handle it.
Promotes learning at all levels
Digital Media Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2012
Pros: free food everyday!
Cons: long hours
Universal McCann is doing a great job integrating planning, buying and digital with a 360 degree view of media. The company promotes learning opportunities across the board at all levels but employees cannot always take advantage as many teams are under-staffed.

About Universal McCann

Subsidiaries of this company come between brands and the general public. The Interpublic Group of Companies is one of the world's – Read more

Universal McCann Salaries