Universal Music Group Employee Reviews

Counterproductive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2017
Great company to work for in the industry, but there wasn't much room for advancement. I worked for an arrogant label head that was very rude and harsh. I learned a lot during my time there but I wouldn't return.
Universal Perks, family envolvement even during work hours
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 21, 2017
Great place to work being able to talk to people from the states to china. Being taught the basics in accounting and payroll by awesome accountants and managers.
Pros
Faily Activities, free par admissions
I'd look elsewhere
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2017
Staff is plenty nice, but their systems and philosophy are a little dated. It makes it hard to compete with more modern/newer companies. They are going through a rebrand so hopefully it works
Intense /extreme
Studio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2017
A great company to work for Vs single persons job a fast pacing high powered Tyrant company no tolerance for slackers you here to work or not respectable by the company model although this company is a fast-moving company which is positions hold you responsible for that of your tasks and everything around you is a company which I would love to stay in tune with I feel it's a young man's job for this industry you learn so much which the world can't teach you nor show you but as they say in the industry time waits on no one
Pros
Not knowing what the next day going to bring but as always something great/new
Cons
No lunch break
Messaging Analyst (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAJuly 28, 2017
Music blaring everywhere. Every now and then would see artists. Great benefits package. Management is attentive to employee needs. Free CDs (when they were around).
Pros
free cds
Awesome Place to Work!
PUBLICITY INTERN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 18, 2017
Loved my co-workers and my manager. I gained great experience while making connections. I would definitely recommend this internship to anyone looking to gain knowledge about the music industry.
Love this place
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 10, 2017
I love my boss , my work and this place. They look after their employees and co-workers get along really very. I would love to work for them again if opportunity arises.
Pros
working envrionment
Meh
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2017
My first several years at UMG were amazing - benefits, great moral, great management, etc. However as they begin laying off and restructuring, they lost many great people, moral, and passion. It was truly sad to watch what was once an amazing company turn into such a dreadful environment so quickly.
Pros
Decent Pay, Benefits
Cons
Low moral, poor management, high turnover
Fun, fast-paced company
Personal Receptionist to President, Jimmy Iovine (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 2, 2017
I only worked here through a temp agency, so the benefits and pay weren't that great. I loved how something new could happen everyday, it was never boring. The hardest part of the job was when more responsibilities were given to you without compensation.
Pros
Seeing high profile clients
Cons
pay and benefits didn't equal the work performed
Fun workplace
Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 15, 2017
Conducted project work, Contract ended after s short stint.
IT Director was supportive and supplied the necessary tools needed to complete project
Co-workers were supportive.
Poor work environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2017
Terrible office morale and poor management. Not a lot of forward thinkers. A lot of people stuck in the days of selling records.

However, there are great benefits.
Nice perks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 3, 2017
Lots of perks, lots to learn and good amount of travel. Good people, good environment and enjoyed my time here very much. Recommend to those who dedicate lots of time to work.
Pros
Nice perks, lots to learn
Universal Motown
UniversalMotown Radio Promotion Director Northeast (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2017
My dream job! I loved working for the record label and promoting the artists music for airplay. Music Industry is where it's at. Hard to get into this industry but worth it.
great company to work with new and talented people in a growing music culture
Artist Relations/Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2017
exciting firm to work with different people everyday. ev eryday was a new adventure with all the talented people worked with.got to make great show cases of talent
Entertainment Industry
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 16, 2017
Very political. Upper management relies on lower teams for self production. Very little management. Very busy, so not boring. Interesting because you deal with the music industry.
Pros
Free paid Christmas week
Cons
Too much overtime - nonpaid
Productive and great place to work
Development Director/ Director of Media Relations (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 15, 2017
This was an amazing workplace culture everyone pushed you to your full potential. I would work here again and encourage anyone looking to work in the industry to give this company a look.
Pros
Travel, Free Food
Cons
No Health Insurance
Independent work environment
Associate Director of Business Applications (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I met and fiends I made, a fun artistic crowd. Typical day at times seem very bureaucratic and not always did all areas communicate as they should. Hardest part of the job was getting through some of the political aspects.
A lot of extremely qualified people who operate like a true team on a global level
Sr. Director, Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2017
UMG is truly a global company. On any given work day, I might speak to 4-5 different countries, many times simultaneously. The passion for music and creative ideas is limitless, and the true teamwork effort is like none I've ever experienced at any other music company. I'm proud to say I worked there.
Pros
Global reach, passion for the job and the music
Cons
Some nepotism at senior executive level
we had a foosball table fun.