Universal Orlando Resort

Universal Orlando Resort Employee Reviews

Hot overworked
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), oralndoJuly 27, 2015
I think the hardest part of the job was working in the heat. There were some good things about the job like the coworkers and the atmosphere of amusement park fun. Management was one of my worst problems working with this company and advancement was mostly on a who knows who basis. The team members were often over worked and had to endure long periods standing in extreme weather conditions.
Overly critical and judgmental
Guest Contact Center (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Park access and team member bonuses (free 12lb turkey at Thanksgiving!)
Cons: Low pay scale, no opportunity for advancement and toxic corporate culture
Poor job satisfaction, overbearing and micromanaging superiors, constant restrictions and disciplinary actions with little/no provocation.
Productive fun place to work
Custodian- Day Operator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2015
This place was AWESOME!!!!!!!! I had the time of my life working here at Universal Orlando Resort. I mean they always left space for growth and they always were reasonable when it comes to different situations. The awards and incentives work pretty cool too by the way, I so enjoyed meeting hundreds of new people from all over the world. ugh it was just the best
Fun and an Adventurous Place To Work
Attractions Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Cheap food for staff, Discounts on everything, free park admission
Cons: breaks fly by quick
Very fun place to work, hard working staff, very nice and motivated people, and it's benefits are also great! Pay is also good and hired me same day as interviewed! Overall it's just a fantastic job, meeting new people everyday an interacting with guests.
Great place with great coworkers.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work consists of setting the venue up for business then opening to the public. After a full shift of food, beverage, and cash handling, we clean up and close the venue down. Every night ends with closing office paperwork. This job has taught me time management, people skills, and improved my responsibility.
Fun workplace
Service Cashier (Current Employee), Orlando, FlApril 27, 2015
Universal was a fun work place. Everyday you met new people and new cultures, it was fun getting to know guests. My co-workers were fun and great to be around.
Good summer job between college years
Seasonal Team Captain (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free meals for food service team members, free admission/parking, good benefits for full-time
Cons: working outside with no break, team captains, rude guests.
Same as a previous review:

It's a great place for a short amount of time, but when you're there full-time you feel like you're becoming jaded towards other people because the amount of rude guests you receive is always greater than the number of kind guests.
Great management team, and good company to work for
Team Captain/Food Runner (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: foucher for lunch
Cons: the lunch is too short
I have been working for the company almost a year, and so far I am satisfy with everthing about the company except for the pay.
Best Theme Park destination in the world.
Show Systems Technician, Video and Audio editor (Former Employee), Orlando FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: not much room for advancement in my field.
It's a great place to work. I learned allot working there. I was able to work with some of the best audio video technicians around. I had the opportunity to edit, remake several videos for several venues. Great experience for me.
Productive environment
Service Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: seeing new people, free access to the theme parks.
Cons: not enough hours, no room for advancement.
My day would start with preparing food such as rice, beans, and our fresh veggies. Most of the day was preparing food that the customers would order. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing new facing all the time and it being fast paced.
Stay Away from Consumer Insights
Survey Research Recruiter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: co-workers, learning every day
Cons: management, lack of opportunities for advancement
Worked here for almost 2 years. Co-workers are wonderful and most guests are pretty cool. A typical day as a Survey Recruiter is outside, rain or shine (unless there's lightning), talking to guests and trying to get some to take what ever survey you have that day, for nothing. It's challenging, but that is not what bothered me. I like the outdoors and I am a friendly person. You are expected to meet ridiculous quotas no matter what and no one advances unless you are 99% perfect. Senior management is rude, condescending and always seems to be in a bad mood. I was really involved in getting quotas and team building activities outside of work shifts. I never missed a shift on purpose and I came into work with no voice, after a car accident and with a cold. My dedication was never enough and I got in trouble a couple of times because a few people thought I was being rude. Got to learn a lot but I would never work for that department again unless I got hired for a management or more technical position there.
Universal studios
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: interacting with guest
Cons: insuffienct hours, poor management, non-stable job
Typical day at work are standing from 8 to 10 hours, interacting with guest and team members. I've learned all procedures and protocol. The co-workers are friendly and easily to get along. The hardest part of the job is standing for 10 hours if not 8 hours, not interacting with guest when it is slow. The hours are constantly fluctuating. Your schedule can be exhausting, its not a 9am to 5pm job. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the guest, you meet people from all over the world and learn a great amount of information about different places.
Unprofessional work environment
Attractions Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Fun work environment but far too unprofessional, inappropriate behavior by management that trickled all the way down to the lowest level.
Great workplace for college students
Team Leader (Hourly Paid Supervisor) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Good place to work as a college student. Advancement is hard in certain areas. Good benefits.Work with you to make sure schedule is correct.
MY EXPERIENCE ATU NIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT
PARK SERVICES/CUSTODIAL (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: lots of people
Cons: not alot of hours to work/seasonal worker
I THINK OVER ALL IT WAS A GREAT JOB TO START YOU OFF TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE A JOB AND THE SACRIFICES YOU MAKE TO KEEP A JOB. MY TIME THERE SHOWED ME HOW HARD IT WAS TO DO MY JOB AND SHOWED ME HOW STRONG OF A PERSON I AM.
Something different every day
Attractions Attendant and Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2015
As an attraction attendant, I spoke to different people on a daily basis. We operated the ride while ensuring guests had the most fulfilling experience. Management moves around somewhat frequently but their open door policy helps to keep communication clear.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free passes
Cons: short breaks
Always a new and exciting place to work filled with great employees and appreciative guests.
It's an experience
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FlDecember 19, 2014
Pros: mobility, fun environment, great experience
Cons: poor attuides from leadership, low pay
An interesting experience for sure! As a CityWalk Security Officer our area included the road ways, garages, bag check and citywalk itself.

I deal with a variety of situations from disorderly guests to lost kids or issuing team members ciations for traffic violations. We have bag check posts and alcohol control points.

There is a lot of hurry up and waiting. A lot of mobility, Corporal, Sergeant, Supervisor, Investigator, Dispatcher, bike officer and Loss Prevention are some examples.

Plus, the benefits are awesomeee!
Scenic Painter
Scenic Painter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2014
Repair and maintain props and themed environments. Spray, brush, roll, etc and various faux finishes for both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios.
A very learning experience and if you show iniative in you job you can advance within the company.
Ride and Show Mechanic (Former Employee), Tech Services IOA West Harry PotterDecember 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits, team member discounts, reduced food prices and special team member events, overtime
Cons: working nights, days of the week off, work on holidays, difficult to schedule vacations.
Lack of job security as an at will employee. Company more concerned with being sued by guests Than the welfare of team members. Coworkers show a lack of enthusiasm about their job, just there to collect a paycheck. Constant turnover from team members being terminated for any mistakes made on the job. Despite the time and money spent training team members management will let them go to save the company from any lawsuit brought about by a guest being injured while at the parks.

1 2 3 4