Universal Orlando Resort Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Attractions Attendant Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2017
Working for Universal Studios Orlando is such an amazing experience and I recommend it to everyone I know. If you are a college student and you want a flexible job, go to universal and you'll have the time of your life. You will meet the most amazing people you can ever ask for, amazing perks and benefits and its FUN. Fast paced work environment, always something to do and it's so calm and easy. College student? Older age but wants something to do? Work at universal and you will have the time of your life.
It's fun and I'm proud to work for the best company of Orlando
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2017
I did screening for the guest to come in side the theme park ,I protected all property of Universal , check all bags before they came in side Help the guests check or fire alarms on property escorts cash,patrols all the property ,write reports of any incidents on property
Pros
Discounts on our lunches, they gave us some tickets and a turkey for thanks giving
Cons
Health care, dental plan, vidion plan
Fun Workplace
Attractions Operator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2017
Great place to work for college students and full of benefits weather your part time or full time. Management works with you on anything that you may need
Fun fast paced environment
Team Lead Premium Services/SAE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2017
Work hard, play hard, and have fun in the process.
If you are looking for a fun place to work, this is it. However, you are expected to get the job done.
fun place to work
Park Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2017
universal is a good place to work for i been there for almost 8yrs there are oportunities to learn and grow with the company there is different places in the company to move up in the job
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
lousy management for third shift
Fun place to work
Attractions Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2017
Universal is a very fun place to work, although you may encounter some guests that make it not so fun. The benefits, tickets, and discounts are great and really keep team members happy. The schedules are pretty inconsistent; if you're part-time, your hours fall drastically when not in "peak" seasons. You also never really get an idea of times that you will work, so having the schedules posted 2 weeks in advance helps. You also are paid weekly which is a great thing to me. Advancing and moving up is challenging and competitive, especially in attractions. It is a lot of work but worth it if you love going to the parks yourself.
Pros
rotations, paid weekly, fun, discounts
Cons
inconsistent hours
Amazing company to work for.
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2017
Universal provides a fun and exciting, fast paced atmosphere for work while allowing you to make the best day possible for the many guests who visit the parks from around the world.
Pros
Discounts, free park admission, comp tickets for friends and family.
Cons
No visible tattoos allowed if you work in the parks.
Analyst multiple departments
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2017
Overall the company can get a B rating. Technology is getting better but still not where it should be. Job Advancement is a big problem and you can be in the same position forever. Its hard to move up, management is ok I will rate them average but it can be better since it could be the may need more training.
Pros
perks, normal hours, days off, interesting
Cons
Advancement, career development
Don't waste your time
Merchandise Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2017
The managers and captains play favorites. Some people can get away with ANYTHING while the rest of us are treated like peasants. The job itself I love but the politics and bull make me dread going to work. I've seen so many people quit because of our managers. They do rotate the managers every few years but most of them are incompetent morons.
Not a bad place to work
Attraction Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2017
Overall working at UO was a wonderful experience made a lot friends both employees and guests but i think it is important tp remember that getting promotions here is difficult and sometimes it even forces you to throw others under the bus to get it.
Fun workplace but exhausting job
Merchandise Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2017
A typical day would be: searching for parking, going through security, getting uniform from wardrobe (hopefully they have your sizes), changing, riding the shuttle to your location, clocking in, helping guests with there day, restocking the floor, register, clocking out, walking back to wardrobe, changing, scanning clothes and returning them, and leaving through security.

The workplace culture is amazing, everyone that works there just wants to have a good time like the guests.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays, free turkey on thanksgiving and your birthday and comp. passes
Cons
Angry Guests
Divertido
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2017
Una compañia que vale la pena retirarse despues de 30 años. Me encanto trabajar ahi.
Fun place to work
Toll Booth Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2017
Enjoyed working with team members and enjoyed my job.
If you enjoy people, great weather, and you do your job, its great.
Bonus pay when you work in the toll booth.
Pros
Entry into theme parks was free and getting passes for family and friends
Cons
no complaints
Fun place, but extremely stressful and not well compensated
Guest Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2017
I worked for the company for over 18 years. The overall environment was fun; however, the job itself is too stressful because management does not back you up when you uphold the policies with Guests. The company does not promote from within your own department and often not within the entire company. Too often management has no clue about the position (because they don't promote from within).
Pros
Theme park perks/discounts
Cons
Pay, Management doesn't support you
Stronge Leadership
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2017
Stressful atmosphere, complex schedules and at times great to speak to management at times. Learned a great deal, had plenty of training and some supervisors where considered and understanding. Wish I had some time off to spend with family on the weekends. Aside from my all, it was one of my most enjoyable experience. Just keep in mind, this company has a point system.
Pros
tickets
Cons
point system
It was somewhat fun
Cashier/Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2017
The job was fun while it lasted, they did parties for their employees, and sometimes we got extra tickets and we got discounts. Over all work experience was fun while it lasted.
Loved the guests, hated the lack of leadership
Sales & Operational Lead/Trainer/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2017
I was a trainer and a lead in my department. I never had any problems in entrance operations until a new superior came to Entrance Ops from Rentals and Immediately had it out for me. She was disrespectful, publicity embarrassed others, and had zero tolerance for anyone who was kind (aka not like her). She had unreasonable expectations and was unrealistic. She also NEVER stood up for her vacation planners. She was a boss, not a leader. The department suffered a great deal of turnover with her arrival. She made it a hostile work environment.
I would have stayed at Universal forever had my concerns about this Supervisor actually been addressed when I reported the issues. But no one cared about it... they were just looking at ticket sales and volume. Truly sad!
Pros
Got to create great guest experiences, excellent employee Discounts
Cons
Leadership attitudes, stressful
It was decent for what it was
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2017
Nothing out of the ordinary. Decent sales job in an often high stress environment during the holidays. The hours were plenty but the commission could often fail you if you were in it during the slow season. If you are not a people person, this job is not for you.
Pros
comission, culture, management
Cons
comission, tourism.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2017
i rather not say i was fairly disappointed workin here as an employee. there is quite a bit of room for improvement as far as this organization is concerned
Very fun place to work
parks services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 24, 2017
I enjoy working for universal it was a very fun place to work. Everyday for my shift i would meet with my mangers and crew and get ready for the day. My job was to make sure i kept the park clean as possible and answer any the questions or needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Orlando Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Universal Orlando Resort Reviews by Location