Universal Orlando Resort

Universal Orlando Resort Employer Reviews

Productive environment
Service Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: seeing new people, free access to the theme parks.
Cons: not enough hours, no room for advancement.
My day would start with preparing food such as rice, beans, and our fresh veggies. Most of the day was preparing food that the customers would order. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing new facing all the time and it being fast paced.
Stay Away from Consumer Insights
Survey Research Recruiter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: co-workers, learning every day
Cons: management, lack of opportunities for advancement
Worked here for almost 2 years. Co-workers are wonderful and most guests are pretty cool. A typical day as a Survey Recruiter is outside, rain or shine (unless there's lightning), talking to guests and trying to get some to take what ever survey you have that day, for nothing. It's challenging, but that is not what bothered me. I like the outdoors and I am a friendly person. You are expected to meet ridiculous quotas no matter what and no one advances unless you are 99% perfect. Senior management is rude, condescending and always seems to be in a bad mood. I was really involved in getting quotas and team building activities outside of work shifts. I never missed a shift on purpose and I came into work with no voice, after a car accident and with a cold. My dedication was never enough and I got in trouble a couple of times because a few people thought I was being rude. Got to learn a lot but I would never work for that department again unless I got hired for a management or more technical position there.
Universal studios
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: interacting with guest
Cons: insuffienct hours, poor management, non-stable job
Typical day at work are standing from 8 to 10 hours, interacting with guest and team members. I've learned all procedures and protocol. The co-workers are friendly and easily to get along. The hardest part of the job is standing for 10 hours if not 8 hours, not interacting with guest when it is slow. The hours are constantly fluctuating. Your schedule can be exhausting, its not a 9am to 5pm job. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the guest, you meet people from all over the world and learn a great amount of information about different places.
Unprofessional work environment
Attractions Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Fun work environment but far too unprofessional, inappropriate behavior by management that trickled all the way down to the lowest level.
Great workplace for college students
Team Leader (Hourly Paid Supervisor) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Good place to work as a college student. Advancement is hard in certain areas. Good benefits.Work with you to make sure schedule is correct.
MY EXPERIENCE ATU NIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT
PARK SERVICES/CUSTODIAL (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: lots of people
Cons: not alot of hours to work/seasonal worker
I THINK OVER ALL IT WAS A GREAT JOB TO START YOU OFF TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE A JOB AND THE SACRIFICES YOU MAKE TO KEEP A JOB. MY TIME THERE SHOWED ME HOW HARD IT WAS TO DO MY JOB AND SHOWED ME HOW STRONG OF A PERSON I AM.
Something different every day
Attractions Attendant and Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2015
As an attraction attendant, I spoke to different people on a daily basis. We operated the ride while ensuring guests had the most fulfilling experience. Management moves around somewhat frequently but their open door policy helps to keep communication clear.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free passes
Cons: short breaks
Always a new and exciting place to work filled with great employees and appreciative guests.
It's an experience
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FlDecember 19, 2014
Pros: mobility, fun environment, great experience
Cons: poor attuides from leadership, low pay
An interesting experience for sure! As a CityWalk Security Officer our area included the road ways, garages, bag check and citywalk itself.

I deal with a variety of situations from disorderly guests to lost kids or issuing team members ciations for traffic violations. We have bag check posts and alcohol control points.

There is a lot of hurry up and waiting. A lot of mobility, Corporal, Sergeant, Supervisor, Investigator, Dispatcher, bike officer and Loss Prevention are some examples.

Plus, the benefits are awesomeee!
Scenic Painter
Scenic Painter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2014
Repair and maintain props and themed environments. Spray, brush, roll, etc and various faux finishes for both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios.
A very learning experience and if you show iniative in you job you can advance within the company.
Ride and Show Mechanic (Former Employee), Tech Services IOA West Harry PotterDecember 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits, team member discounts, reduced food prices and special team member events, overtime
Cons: working nights, days of the week off, work on holidays, difficult to schedule vacations.
Lack of job security as an at will employee. Company more concerned with being sued by guests Than the welfare of team members. Coworkers show a lack of enthusiasm about their job, just there to collect a paycheck. Constant turnover from team members being terminated for any mistakes made on the job. Despite the time and money spent training team members management will let them go to save the company from any lawsuit brought about by a guest being injured while at the parks.
High energy job, tight knit culture
VIP Tour Guide (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2014
Working in a theme park no two days are the same. It is high energy, always busy, and always changing. The management and team members are all enthusiastic, positive, and don't mind getting their hands dirty. When it is busy, upper management does not hesitate to jump in to any position and help out. Company culture is very inclusive, with lots of events promoting diversity and work-life balance. During the holiday season, for example, employees receive free turkeys, free family portraits, and a free hot meal when they work on holidays. You also get a free meal on your birthday. The company goes out of its way to express gratitude to the long hours and hectic schedules we work during peak seasons and work hard to make it enjoyable.
Such a wonderful place to work.
Seasonal Coordinator Entertainment (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: lots of learning and experience.
Cons: people can be so rude.
Universal Orlando Resort was a great place to work. I learned a lot about the entertainment aspect of a theme park, and customer service. I also gained a ton of experience with problem solving and thinking quickly on my feet. I loved everyone I worked with, it felt like we were a family. Even if we all didn't get along we would all still rally together if someone needed us. This included management, they always had our backs and were there for us if we needed them.
great first job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 28, 2014
if its your first time working great place to start lots of advancement
Productive and fun workplace where everyone is a family.
Merchandise and Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FlOctober 20, 2014
I love my job. I interact with people all over the world on a daily basis. I try to make their day memorable.
Fun at first, then just too repetitive
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free tickets to amusement parks and events
Cons: minimum wage, sometimes boring, too long of a commute in my case
If you are an attractions attendant, you arrive early to get your uniform on, unless you have a take home uniform. Then you walk to your location/attraction and clock in and see where you start the rotation. It's fun to talk to guests and coworkers. But some times it's just boring and nothing new or interesting happens. But if you love free tickets to amusement parks then this job is great for you!
Good company to work for, tough working outside in Orlando
Field Interviewer/ Senior Interviewer/ Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2014
The Consumer Insights Department is an in-house market research firm that provides information to various departments at Universal Orlando. We recruit for and run various types of projects ranging from a one-minute checklist to a hour long focus group. Management team interacts with clients while field management is more in charge monitoring the collection team.
Fun Job
Attractions Operations Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free park admission
Cons: long hours
I enjoy working for Universal Orlando Resort. It's a fun job with lots of guest interactions, and the benefits are great.
great benefits
Team Captain (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: universal way
Cons: short break
Learned how to work as a team and multi taskTeam Captain
 Cash handling (vault, prepare tills, recollect banks, give change)
 Responsible for daily team member training (spot talks)
 Supervise team members, assist management to reach goals
 Receive and Stock Merchandise
Great place to work with lots of advancement opportunities
Operational Staffing Interviewer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Great management team with an incredible culture.
Great co-workers with the ability to work with other departments to complete projects.

1 2 3 4