Universal Orlando Resort Employee Reviews

Fun exciting place to work
Stage Manager, Entertainment Production Events (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2016
I enjoyed the challenges that come with producing events in so many unique and unusual environments such as the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
they will have to drag me away kicking and screaming
Service Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  back of houseJanuary 2, 2016
This is by far the most amazing place to work I have ever been. Unlike the majority of the folks employed by Universal, I have been in the workforce for almost 20 years. During that time I have worked for many companies to compare this place to.

Everyone you run into both employees and guests are generally very happy to be there.
There is an amazing feeling of family, and cooperation among employees.
The back of house management seems to have a good vision for the future and solid plans on how to attain their goals.

the hardest part of the job is asking people to work on holidays

the best part of the job is getting to see people tear up when they walk through the entrance of the wizarding world of harry potter for the first time. it never gets old to see how much this place moves people as a direct result of our hard work.
Pros
free tickets, 401k, stock options, discounts, the guests
Cons
scheduling can be hard for some people
Productive and fun place to work
Event Staff Operation (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2015
Very enjoyable....I loved working here because every day was a journey and different experiences of duties. I can say It was one of my best experience of work.
Fast-paced enviroment catering to every guest
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2015
A fun and fast- paced resort that never says no to any guest.
All about numbers on the kitchen side with poor workers, and below-desired management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was creating any dish that can be imagined, and learning valuable skills from other colleagues. The restaurant was exciting, and I left only because of relocation purposes.
Pros
Free lunches, free resort tickets, employee discounts
Cons
Productive and one of the best places on earth.
STOCK AND CASH TEAM LEADER UNIVERSAL RESORT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2015
Typical work day is to open up all locations allow the guest to have fun and make their time there the best time possible. I have learned a lot about a company policies and why to have order in a large company. Management is very friendly and helpful when you need them the most but is fair throughout the company so no exceptions. Co-workers are great most are still in school trying to make something out of themselves like me. The hardest part about my job is the realization you can not please everyone. I love the interaction between me and my team and the productivity we have with each other.
Pros
Free entry to the parks
Cons
A lot of team members
Fun workplace
Guest Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2015
I enjoy working for this company. They bring the best out of their employees and promote development. The company empowers its employees to go above and beyond to ensure each and every guest maximize their visit to the resort.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
N/A
uplifting with endless possibilities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2015
Energetic and outgoing work place , with very supportive management , There is areas to grow within the company ,several options to climb the ladder in success . The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people from all over the world . watching the excitement on a child's face when they see there favorite character .
Pros
compliments with rewards of meal ticket or gas card
Cons
short breaks not enough time to eat
Team Captain (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2015
Universal is a wonderful and fun environment to work. There is a lot of positive encouragement to find a career within the company that you enjoy.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly employees, good management, fun
Cons
random hours, low pay
Easy job for noobs or people looking for a part-time gig.
Busser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 27, 2015
Typical day- Get bag checked in at security stand, go to clothing area and put on a ridiculous uniform, head to work area, put up with customer complaints and praises, listen to co-workers joke around or complain about low hours/wages. But we get free lunch which why I work here "YEAH BOY!"
Pros
FREE FOOD/ COOL PEOPLE
Cons
Mcdonald's like pay
Perfect place to hone my acting skills.
Scare Actor "Jason Voorhees" (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2015
Fun place to work, can't wait to do it again!
Asked a lot of the cast, but that's the business.
Very rewarding and entertaining.
I applied online. The process took 3 week.
Sales Coordinator Latin America (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2015
Good environment, Fun work place with supportive managers. They gave a good personal grow and develop program.

I enjoy meeting new people everyday.
Events
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2015
I love working here. The people are friendly and everyone is so nice.
I have learned a majority of things to were I can grow in a company to look for many different opportunities.
Amazing
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2015
You should have to pay Universal to work in attractions because it doesnt feel like a job! The people you meet and work with are some of the best people ever. Management is 100% on your side in any situation. If you ever need a change you are always able to move to a new location or cross-train ant another location. Passes, passes, and more passes! The number of passes you get for free is astronomical! Unlike the mouse, universal also offers employee discounts at almost all locations, not just the most expensive locations. The employee food court is amazing! For only $2.50 its all you can eat and drink all day. I wish I still lived in Orlando still because I would work there in a heartbeat!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Busy season....
Enjoyable work enivorment with lots of opportunity.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 6, 2015
Enjoyable work place. Get to meet many people , and learn about all different types of cultures. It was very easy work and I loved it .
Productive Place With Great Incentives
PArk Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando flSeptember 30, 2015
They Have A Point System Which Only Benefits Team Members Who Have Cars And Are Able To Drive. Hardest Park Is Having Health Problems And Having To Call IN With Points That Dont Stack Up Fast. You Only Get 10 For Your Whole Career There.
Pros
EArn 5 Cards Get 5 Dollars For Lunch
Your job is to have fun.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2015
It is very busy but very fun. Best place I have worked at so far. You basically get paid to play and to make sure that every guest is having the best time of their life.
Pros
Fun, good training, free entry to parks
Cons
Crowded
Exceptional company
Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  OperationsSeptember 22, 2015
Fosters a great culture that empowers and motivates the team members. There is also good compensation and good benefits.
Fun company to work for
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Their theme parks aren't the only things that are great—the people who work there are great too. Everyone I met during the 3 month training process was so helpful, I didn't just learn from the trainer. It's also incredible that they hire from within, I heard so many stories from managers starting where I was. I have to admit that the best part was the free tickets, but they didn't give their employees enough (if you have more than 4 immediate family members).
Awful
Attractions Operator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
It's not the best place to work. Hours and pay are downright awful. Management does not work with you if you have prior commitments especially kids
Pros
Get in for free, great people to work with
Cons
Hours, pay, rude guests, little to no benefits
Always hiring and always advancing
Attractions Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL, 32807August 12, 2015
Universal Orlando is a great company to work for. There are numerous opportunities in many fields and they're always hiring. Although the hours can be very choppy depending on where you work and what season it is for the parks, the managers were always willing to work with you and your needs no matter what.
Pros
Free tickets to the parks, discounts on food and merchandise, and multiple opportunities to go higher in the company or to work somewhere else.
Cons
Choppy hours. In the winter, hours were cut unless it was christmas or new years. In summer, the parks would be open very late and you'd be lucky to work in the morning.