Universal Orlando Resort Employee Reviews

Awsome people awsome job
Valet Driver, Doorman, Keys and Cash Booth (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2017
A place ware you can have fun doing your job and get paid well with flexible hours and kick but benefits great discounts on food and merchandise lots of perks...
Fun Fun Fun
Busser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2017
Loved the atmosphere been going there since I was a kid. Comes with lots of benefits such as free access to multiple theme parks. Also made food for workers at times. Lots of fun never had a bad day.
Busser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Good job culture, work life balance and benefits. Management needs improvement. Management is very poor at times depending on the department or location.
Your experience is what you make of it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2017
Working for Universal, you feel a sense of company wide community. Through work incentives and events held for Team Members, it is made known that Universal cares about it's employees.
Through working in the Three Broomsticks, specifically, I learned many valuable lessons in terms of customer service and working in the hospitality industry. I learned how to multi-task efficiently while working on outdoor food carts. Patience and understanding become second nature when dealing with guests and that is especially true during high volume times of the year. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact and work with fellow Team Members to find ways to make the guests' experience special and also finding ways to make the work flow smoothly and not become too overwhelming.
Fun place to work.
Tech Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2017
As a ride mechanic Universal is an interesting and fun place to work. It can be highly stressful at times, but for the most part its business as usual. It is cool to be behind the scenes on most of the ride attractions. As a Mechanic you will often get to ride the ride all the rides before park opening as part of the maintenance functional check. This is not mandatory but it sure is fun! As an employee you will receive complementary park passes and great discounts on food and merchandise. If it was not a 70 mile commute each way I would still be working there and probably would be in management by now.
Pros
Discounts, Park Passes
Cons
Moderately Stressful, Can be demanding
Fun workplace/environment
Steward (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2017
I love working for Universal Orlando Resort. Fun work environment, great benefits, awesome perks! Free lunch provided during scheduled work shifts, very flexible.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Slow seasons
Fun and exciting place to work. you are doing something different everyday.
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2017
After pre-shift, we starting setting stations. Buffet, bar or setting tables for a plated dinner. You run your station throughout your event.Make sure to interact and have fun with the guests. After the event is over, you break your station down.
I learned how to build buffets and satellite bars,set tables for plated dinners using various dishes and glassware.
I love the fact that the guests are so happy to be there, and you are doing something different everyday.
Pros
Something different everyday.
Cons
Sometimes you have to work in the rain.
Accepting work culture, variable hours
Attraction Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2017
The teams working attractions at Universal really make or break the experience. They tend to be young and fun. It's a very accepting place to work and I'd definitely recommend it as an interim job if you can handle the uneven hours. Shifts won't be too long because overtime is rarely an option (though I tend to be able to get enough hours), but they can range with a start at 6:15 and a close well past midnight for events.
Great Place to Work
Actor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Management is very helpful and supportive. I was always treated with respect. My only problem is that the pool of actors in my role was so large, there was no room for advancement.
Easy going Staff, great environment
Attractions Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2017
I enjoy getting up to go to work knowing I could be in service to someone who is at Universal to have a great day or week with friends and family.
Pros
Comp tickets
Cons
dry season

Want to know more about Universal Orlando Resort?

Ask a question
Enjoy the people I work with
Resort Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2017
Great part of the work day is working with my coworkers.
The not so great part is not seeing an end to the work you do. This is a pretty physical job.
Pros
Part time dental and vision benifits
Fun enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2017
Great work record cash handling skills guest service great lot of great team members always have an open door policy live three miles away have own car
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad weather
Fun work environment

Fun work environment
Exciting
Fun but not fulfilling
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Not fulfilling. Starting pay for entry level is decent but management could be better and benefits don't exist for part time employees. Turn over rate is very high
One of the best work environments I've ever experienced!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Lost ContinentJanuary 26, 2017
Overall, Universal is one of the most excellent places you can work and visit. The management is kind, you can find help from anyone no matter what they status is, be it they are a team member behind the register, or corporate.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, great health benefits, wonderful perks.
Cons
Sometimes hard working team members aren't given enough recognition, and the team members that kiss up are given awards they don't deserve.
Great Place to work with good benefits and flexible hours.
Entertainment Escort (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Universal was such a great place to work at. My day would start off with clocking in and getting my uniform and getting dressed. Then I would go get my schedule for the day and my radio. After that, I would just wait until my first set started and I would just follow my schedule for the rest of the day. Lunch would vary on my in-time butt it would normally be 3-4 hours after clocking in for about 30 minutes. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with guests that don't speak English or Spanish. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I saw all the happy and excited faces of the guests when they saw their favorite characters. From this job, I learned how to handle different types of guest with different problems and from many different countries.I also learned how to be strict with guests that don't follow instructions. This job really helped me get out of my shell just a bit.
Pros
Co-workers, guests, benefits, and their food.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Fun area helping out with the FearFactor Show
Attractions Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoy going over to work and helping out in the show. Some of the best parts of going to work are interacting with the park guests and watching the shows that I am helping out with.
Best job I've ever had.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2017
The pay is amazing. Almost everyone you come across will have an amazing work ethic and attitude. It's a great positive and fun eviorment. If being "happy go lucky" isn't your thing you'd best stay away from this place. Constant fun.
Pros
Reduced price lunch. Free park admission.
Cons
Working outside in the hot sun
Fast Paced job within the company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Working at the main store in the park you are kept very busy throughout your shift. Learned more customer service skills while working at this company.
Awsome
Vacation Planner/ Vacation Planner Trainer (Former Employee) –  Universal Orlando Resort, FLJanuary 21, 2017
For 6 years I worked as a vacation planner call center / customer service agent for Universal Studios here in Orlando. I helped guests to select which the vacation choice will best suit their desires, while keeping it within their budget. I deal with a wide variety of guests from all over the world. Each one’s wants and needs are different and I do my utmost best to meet each of their individual needs I learned a lot working for Universal Studios.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Orlando Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2