Universal Orlando Resort

Universal Orlando Resort Employer Reviews

Universal Orlando Resort
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Universal Orlando Resort is an ok company to work for. They do treat their employees well, and try to work with you as much as possible.
Fantastic environment, focused on employee experience
Greeter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2014
Coming in to work at Universal was always a pleasure. The management and upper level staff were all focused on making sure that the employees were always happy.
VERY BUSY!!!!!!
Vacation Planner (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2014
Start the day with a team member briefing. We go over parks opening and closing hours and new products offered. Count our 500.00 starting bank to make sure its all there...Go out into our booths. If its really busy we open windows immediately if not we have a moment to set pour work are before all the guest rush the windows to buy tickets. Management – more... was okay but sometimes they treated us like children. Co workers were awesome!!! Most enjoyable was park perks. – less
Excellent team and company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: theme park benefits, love giving back to their team members
Cons: compensation
Universal Orlando is an excellent place to work, with a real team oriented outlook. They are doing great things in the theme park industry and I genuinely loved working for such an amazing company.
Growth oriented company
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 19, 2014
Pros: complimentary park tickets
Cons: parking
A great company that allows you to move in and up within itself. Teaching you valuable and informational material that you can take with you to other companies and feel confident in that knowledge.
By far THE best company I have ever worked for
Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 1, 2014
Pros: people, benefits, fun
Cons: pay
This company and the people there are amazing! In my short time with Universal I made so many friends. They do so many different things to show employee appreciation. The job is never boring and you get into the parks WHENEVER you want from day 1. The only bad thing is that they pay pretty low but if you aren't looking to be rich or don't need a full – more... time type of job I deff recommend this place! – less
Terrible Cut-Throat Company
Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 30, 2014
Pros: free tickets
Cons: daily headaches, hernias, and strokes. no recognition and no thanks. too much bullcrap office politics.
Absolutely awful employer to work for. And I worked back of house in the Marketing department I didn't even work in the park. Company has no idea what they are doing, the amount of money you will see go to waste is absolutely sacrilegious. They will hire contractors because their own employees cannot do their jobs.

I was hired on back in 2011 and within – more... a year I was practically running my department as my managers and directors kick back and rake in the credit. I was constantly told that I needed to be "leaned on" by my direct manager (basically because she had no idea how to do her job) however when it came time for recognition I was always left out in the cold. My direct manager was a survey analyst who was put in charge of my IT group with no experience whatsoever, merely as a political move so she wouldn't quit. If you cannot stand ridiculous office politics and backstabbing this place is not for you.

Throughout my time there I was constantly promised a raise for two years for all of my hard work and it never came. Meanwhile my direct manager received two promotions OFF OF MY WORK. On top of it I was expected to be managing two interns, yet was not paid as a manager to handle direct reports, I was told numerous times when I was hourly to clock out and keep working, and on more than one occasion my director told me that my team was not important and was "expendable". In my 3 years there I saw an entire turn-over of our whole department, twice, if that gives you any idea how happy people were to run screaming from this company. The good people would always leave and then management replaces them with idiots as they are not threatening and won't make management look incompetent.

Perhaps the most alarming part of this company's horrid playbook is it's HR department. I brought several of these issues along with the rest of my team to the attention of my HR coordinator to no avail, begging for direction from my manager and a little bit of structure and organization in our department. All of which met with nothing, an entire team speaking out about the problems within the department and as to be expected HR only sided with management. The HR people are not there to help you, do not go to them ever, it will only cause you more issues. The HR department in that company are only hired to save the company money, they do not look after the well-being of their employees in any shape or form, regardless of what they want to tell you. – less
Awesome, Fun adventure
Leader (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 22, 2014
An awesome place to work. Loved the environment and everyone that worked there, just did not see any growth for me in the company.
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate, Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 13, 2014
Pros: fun!
Cons: no advancement opportunities
• Provide an interactive guest experience through the utilization of suggestive sales techniques and product demonstrations in a positive and outgoing manner
• Process merchandise sales and returns using a cash register to accept cash, credit card, and travelers’ check payments
• Stock and retrieve merchandise and supplies to maintain sales floor and – more... carts appearance standards – less
Too corporate
Vault Messenger-Finance (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 8, 2014
Pros: not much good benefits
Cons: too much corporate not fun as it use to be
The people are good. It is open 365 and too much things at once always.
Overall very decent
IT Trchnical Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 4, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, perks
Cons: mid-level management
Decent place to work. Great work/life balance and many perks.

Run a bit like a fraternity with the good ol boy system prominent for fast tracking into high level management. As long as you were less competent than your manager, you remained in good standing.
Sales Associate/Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2014
A fun environment. Great management. Positive interactions with guests. Health care plans.
Good job for the college kids.
Team Captain (Former Employee), Jurrasic ParkMarch 16, 2014
Pros: some nice co-workers.
Cons: transferred good manager for one that was a poor, unhealthy and unprofessional manager.
I have been in the food industry for 20 yrs as a front of house manager. The fast food place I worked in was so poorly ran. Manager and General Managers stayed in office so they were not involved in things that were going on in dining room except maybe once in awhile during busy times or if area director was there. All my years in the work force this – more... particular place was the worst place ever that I was a part of. I discourage anyone that ask my opinion on working for Universal. Unfortunately I had a very bad experience working for this particular fast food restaurant. They had a great manager when I first started but made a bad decision to transfer her and bring in a unhealthy, unprofessional so called manager. I wanted to grow with Universal and move up to Assistant Manager in one of their restaurants. – less
Great company that cares about employees
Yacht Captain, Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2014
Pros: cheap meals, great management, fun job, plenty of shifts, good benefits, cares about employees
Cons: very little opportunity to move up
Universal Orlando is an outstanding company, the management is great, the jobs are fun, and the shifts are easy to pick up. You get to work at a place where people vacation and emotions are running high. The opportunity to show your conflict resolution abilities are plentiful and most of the time will be noticed and congratulated. Any job here will – more... keep you busy and on your toes. I have found that this company cares about their employess, the benefits and financial aid it provides make it a dream to work there and makes you feel good to work at Universal and want to turn in a tip because of the good cause it goes to. However, I have found that it takes 3-5 years to move up in the operation rather than the 1-2 as with most companies. – less
Worst Management EVER!!
Valet (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: food low cost, tickets
Cons: dealing with very bad managers!! very low pay!
In all my years working, over 30 years, the managers at Universal were the worst, they need to take classes on being nice and helpful, I will never work there again, just because of the managers!!
Great first job for young college students
Park Services/Merchandise team member (Former Employee), Orlando floridaJanuary 25, 2014
Great for a first job, but it is not easy to work full time there, because your hours are not the same every week. Other than that the benefits are great.
A very fun place to work and full of great opportunities.
Sales Associate/Attractions Operator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2014
I had a few job titles and all were very fun. I learned a lot about patience and guest service working in a theme park with a lot of guests. The co-workers at each location were very helpful and courteous all of the time. There were a lot of perks working for Universal; great discounts, amazing management and staff, and most of all the the overall environment.
Great Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, fellow team members, working with people.
Cons: inconsistencies with upper management.
Very enjoyable. Great Benefits - Lots of opportunities for advancement for various areas. Management is well liked and they have a vision for the future.
Hard work
Turnstile Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: during slow days they'd let people go home early
Cons: guests in your face
This job was really difficult, we were the face of Universal Studios as well as the ones who had to tell you "no you can't go into the park." Some guests took it easily and went on to see guest services, other guests however didn't take it so well and would get up in your face and yell at you. There was no security at front gate and nothing between – more... you and the guest. It was scary. – less
pay sucks
Cashier (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2013
its ok for a first job. if you really like going to universal for fun it is a great place to start off your job experience.

1 2 3