Universal Orlando Employee Reviews

busy, fast pace work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: supervisors who never work in park services are running it
I start work by having a meeting and we discuss things that is happening in the park and what she should expect from work. Than I walk to my work assignment and I will work on that and anything else my supervisor ask me to do until my shift is over. The hardest part of the job is the heavy pushing. I push 2 200 pound trash hoppers all day. The most enjoyable part of the job it keeps me busy.
Feels like summer camp
Macy's Christmas Parade Performer (Current Employee), EntertainmentJune 20, 2015
Working seasonally in entertainment, you get to meet a lot of great people. Every "season" the same people work. Everytime Halloween or Christmas or Mardi Gras rolls around, you get to see your friends again!
It's an intersting workplace, you never know what's going to happen next.
Cashier (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: 3.00 lunch voucher, free drinks
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day is steady and you always see different nationalities. I learned how to say certain things in different languages. I learned how other countries operate and what they do and don't allow. The management is great and their always on top of their duties. My co-workers are like family we never leave work without a good laugh. The hardest part of the job is trying to speak to guest that don't speak English. The most enjoyable part is the guest thanking me for my patience, kindness, and great customer service.
Good place to work.
Ride and Show Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 8, 2015
Cons: 3rd shift
Good place to work at. Park open 365 days doesn't allow for holidays off. Hard to get on day shift as a technician. Good group of people to work with.
Fun workplace with good opportunities to move up
Park attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed working for Universal. I was there for about a short time however I was unable to stay. The management is very involved and helpful.
Fun
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), OrlandoMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free tickets, benefits, perks
Cons: Salary, Communication
Universal Orlando is a very fun place to work. They have many perks and benefits. They respect seniority and time served with the company.
Big Fun Corporation
Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 7, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Free Guest Parking, Free Park Entry, Discounts, Free Guest Tickets
Cons: Some demanding guests, Decently Hectic Work Environment
As a Universal Employee, you are entrusted with the task of ensuring ultimate guest satisfaction, maintaining proper upkeep of the premises that you are employed at, and working well with your Team Members to guarantee a healthy, productive work environment. I learned how to become very patient and work excellent under pressure here. I was able to further increase my currency transaction skills and become a proficient and helpful team player. The management is quite organized, and they are trained to help run a smooth ship, because after all, they are responsible for keeping the subsections of Universal operating in tip-top order. You will be around quite a variety of associates, so attitudes and demeanor vary between each individual. For most part, the majority of your coworkers are there to do their jobs and not waste time. You will be tested by the guests from time to time, and some of them will purposely try to get under your skin. You better make sure you have the patience and resound to handle them with the utmost respect and efficiency, because they are the difference between your next paycheck and potential unemployment. Some of your managers might be somewhat hard on you, but they sincerely want you to do your job well and ensure the guests continued return to the parks. The trade offs are free park entry for employees, free parking in the guest lot, discounts on food and merchandise, and free park tickets for a certain amount of your family and friends.
Absolutely Great
Animated Character Performer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 13, 2015
I adored my job, and loved greeting the children. Such a great company, and good benefits. Good co-workers, love working in entertainment.
Great Benefits and Perks
Sales Counselor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, free park tickets, discounts on different products and services
Cons: short breaks, poor food choices, unfair work environment
You receive great benefits and perks working for Universal Orlando but there are a lot of cons. Workplace politics, inconsistency with scheduling, unprofessional supervisors. I'm all for having a good time at work, when the time allows for it, but many supervisors know very little about what is actually going on with our products and services.
Working in the park
Customer Service and Revenue Operations (Current Employee), borgin and burksMarch 15, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: lack of pay or leadership
Working is the park is a lot of fun. but it does not provide you with a feeling of a job well done. There is no sense of compliment.
Fun environment to work in. Loved the diversity and atmosphere.
Graphic Artist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: diversity in my duties, friendly atmosphere, and free passes to the parks!
Cons: no longer working there!
I would still be working there, if not for 9/11? I was laid off a month later due to lack of tourism. I loved working for Product Development, and seeing my art displayed in the various gift shops!
Fantastic Company
Attractions Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaMarch 2, 2015
Pros: benefits, complimentary tickets
Cons: management issues
Management is good. Typical day has some postive and negative interactions with guests and employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing guests into the story of the attraction, making their day a little bit more enjoyable. The hardest part is dealing with pressure from management and other coworkers.
It was a great working enviroment
Lead 2nd cook (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: cheap luch.
Cons: short breaks
It was a great and exciting venue to perform for. Every action taken at this establishment is done by the book. Management was very professional and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was the length of the lunch break. By only receiving 30 minutes and the park so big, closest area to its about a ten minute walk. The most enjoyable part of the job was cheap food and great working environment.
Great Company to work for!
Attractions Operator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: meet amazing new people, fun and entertaining environment, great and cheap team member food cafeterias.
Cons: pretty short breaks, guest yelling/being rude for no reason, seeing throw up/other bodily fluids constantly, random park hour extensions
-I worked as an attractions operator so basically you run the ride for a job. The actual job of running the ride is not the hard part at all, its actually a very fun job. The guest is what can make or BREAK your day at work.
- I absolutely loved my co-workers! we were all pretty much a big family who had a lot of team outings and parties.
- I had the experience to meet an amazing management team who would do anything to keep you happy and safe at work.
- Hardest part of the job was having my commute be really far and the unknowing traffic would have me leave my house hours before my shift, annoying to find parking at the team member parking lot, and being yelled at/cursed at by guest on stupid/small things.
Good
1st Cook (Current Employee), OrlandoJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: bénéfices
Cons: pay
Is a very busy environment but a good place to learn. Super on benefices and is secure. Pay is Ok could be better.
Technician - UNIVERSAL ORLANDO
Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2015
If you know the theme park industry from the technical standpoint then you already know thre is no other. Fun, frustrating and full of oppertunities. Turely a mixed bag where sometimes leadership and management line up and open up doors. Other times no one has a clue or knows your name.
Handling the food carts outside attractions
Food Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 18, 2014
Not much of an opportunity for advancement. Management are nice. Got along with co-workers just fine. Learned about handling cash and following safety procedures and liquor laws.
Productive and Fun Place To Work
Data Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: cross training environment
Cons: none at the moment
Great team, wonderful positive culture, there is nothing more you can ask from an organization. The leadership actually cares about the well-being of employees. Family oriented and results driven organization, Universal Orlando Resort has countless pros and hardly any cons in my opinion.
Universal is a fun place
Parking Lot Attend (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: getting in to the parks with my family
Cons: not alot of hours and no full time work
A typical day at Universal is fun. If u listen closly you can hear people scream form the Hulk or Dr. Dooms fear fall. I feel that their is not a lot of communication bewteen managers or supervisors to staff on the floor causing alot of misshayps and unesscarry traffic in the garage which then upsets the guests.
Great company
Bartender/Trainer/Server Lead/Merchandise Lead (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2014
The benefits are awesome! There are a lot of different areas and departments to transfer to if you want to expand your experience yet stay in the company. The hardest part of the job is finding the balance between the customer is always right mentality, and the customer is sometimes drunk and obnoxious yet you still have to accommodate them. The best part of the job is working with guests and essentially getting paid to have fun with them.