Universal Orlando

Universal Orlando Employer Reviews

Great Company to work for!
Attractions Operator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: meet amazing new people, fun and entertaining environment, great and cheap team member food cafeterias.
Cons: pretty short breaks, guest yelling/being rude for no reason, seeing throw up/other bodily fluids constantly, random park hour extensions
-I worked as an attractions operator so basically you run the ride for a job. The actual job of running the ride is not the hard part at all, its actually a very fun job. The guest is what can make or BREAK your day at work.
- I absolutely loved my co-workers! we were all pretty much a big family who had a lot of team outings and parties.
- I had the experience to meet an amazing management team who would do anything to keep you happy and safe at work.
- Hardest part of the job was having my commute be really far and the unknowing traffic would have me leave my house hours before my shift, annoying to find parking at the team member parking lot, and being yelled at/cursed at by guest on stupid/small things.
Good
1st Cook (Current Employee), OrlandoJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: bénéfices
Cons: pay
Is a very busy environment but a good place to learn. Super on benefices and is secure. Pay is Ok could be better.
Technician - UNIVERSAL ORLANDO
Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2015
If you know the theme park industry from the technical standpoint then you already know thre is no other. Fun, frustrating and full of oppertunities. Turely a mixed bag where sometimes leadership and management line up and open up doors. Other times no one has a clue or knows your name.
Handling the food carts outside attractions
Food Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 18, 2014
Not much of an opportunity for advancement. Management are nice. Got along with co-workers just fine. Learned about handling cash and following safety procedures and liquor laws.
Productive and Fun Place To Work
Data Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: cross training environment
Cons: none at the moment
Great team, wonderful positive culture, there is nothing more you can ask from an organization. The leadership actually cares about the well-being of employees. Family oriented and results driven organization, Universal Orlando Resort has countless pros and hardly any cons in my opinion.
Universal is a fun place
Parking Lot Attend (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: getting in to the parks with my family
Cons: not alot of hours and no full time work
A typical day at Universal is fun. If u listen closly you can hear people scream form the Hulk or Dr. Dooms fear fall. I feel that their is not a lot of communication bewteen managers or supervisors to staff on the floor causing alot of misshayps and unesscarry traffic in the garage which then upsets the guests.
Great company
Bartender/Trainer/Server Lead/Merchandise Lead (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2014
The benefits are awesome! There are a lot of different areas and departments to transfer to if you want to expand your experience yet stay in the company. The hardest part of the job is finding the balance between the customer is always right mentality, and the customer is sometimes drunk and obnoxious yet you still have to accommodate them. The best part of the job is working with guests and essentially getting paid to have fun with them.
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Working in retail was a lot of fun at Universal! A typical day depending on if you had a opening, mid, or closing shift will normally consist of an 8 hour day. Within those 8 hours you will meet thousands of guests a day. The sheer enjoyment of meeting all these new people constantly is exciting as you never know where the guest is visiting from. I learned a lot from being there, such as how to stock a floor, cash handling, adjusting fixtures to make sure they are withing the guidelines, simple things that you can do to make a guest happy and enjoy their time here. The people I worked with couldn't of been better they never took their work too seriously and always remembered to have fun while doing your job. It makes it that more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with rude guests because you will always get them and while what happened to them may not even be your own fault as a Universal employee you should give 100% into trying to make their day better. There is a procedure that helps with this. It is called the LAST procedure and I will always take it with me no matter where I end up in life. The procedure goes like this the L stands for Listen to what they are saying, do not interrupt because sometimes all people need is a listener, the A stands for Apologize even though it may not be your fault you should still apologize for what happened, the S stands for Solve so try your absolute best to solve the problem in my case I would give discounted items to guests or get them on a ride without having to wait in line, the T stands for thanking them after everything is resolved just thank them for taking the time to spend their day at Universal. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely meeting those friendly guests that just make your day better!
Working at Universal
Customer Service (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: perks, managment are nice
Cons: no hours during the offseason
The people are nice and the pay is good. They don't give you enough hours throughout the whole year.
Didnt Like it
Line Cook (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2014
Scarce hours. Favorites and youre previous experience is completely ignored.
Lead Cashier
Cashier - Lead Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2014
Working at Universal was a great starter job. I learned a lot of great job skills from working at Universal. I had the chance to get promoted from a cashier to a lead cashier within 2 - 3 years. I learned a great deal of diversity on the jobs that I had at Universal.
Fun while it lasted
Attractions (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
It's a great place to work. Kept showing up for the people, management is a bit all over the place
Paint
Painter (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 30, 2014
Pros: cafeteria at night for employees
Cons: management
Good place to work, Good hours. Management is ok. Great guys I work with.
Fantastic Place to Work
Instructor - Learning and Development (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 29, 2014
-amazing leaders
-lots of growth
-friendly team to work with
It's a great company to work for.
Field service analyst (Current Employee), OrlandoApril 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, free tickets, positive reinforcement
Cons: none!
I have learned a lot in this position. The management was fair and understanding, my co-workers and the typical day at work was great!
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Orlando, FlApril 8, 2014
It was a great place to work. Hard to move up in the company , but usually great co workers , good management team
Broadcast Miracles.
Broadcast Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: every day was fun!
Cons: towards the end of my tenure, the management was not all that great.
At Universal, the world's most famous theme park, I was instrumental in making people smile. I assisted with corporate special events, live shows and video & film productions. Towards the end of my tenure there, I was a radio broadcast specialist with over five thousand successful market broadcasts. I also coordinated the video conferencing and set up corporate & client meetings.
Good job for the kids
Team Captain (Former Employee), Jurrasic ParkMarch 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management skills were poor
I felt moving managers around in different locations so often was a bad move. You have a really hard working manager and very easy to get along with then they transfer her and bring one in that is not a go getter and does not get along with her employees.
Fast Pace Enviorment Very Little Down Time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando,FlMarch 26, 2014
Extremely face paced
Proficient in handling funds
Must accommodate to angry customers
Never boring
Supervisor of Food and Beverage Operations (Current Employee), IOAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: always something to do
Cons: stressful
Managing team members to provide exellent guest service.
Enjoyed meeting people from around the world.
I learned how to be a leader

1 2 3