Universal Personnel Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Assignment
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: When the assignment ended
A typical day at work was working with the project manager and designers. What I learned management was very open minded when it came to feedback on the project. All of the co-workers worked well together. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the project to the support staff out to lunch and dinner after every milestone.
A resourceful head-hunter agency
DHOUP Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: quick placement and excellent benefits for consultants
Cons: too impartial to consultants. up is a typical head hunting agency.
Universal Personnel has many contacts and is able to quickly place a candidate. They also visit site and stay in touch during assignment. After the assignment UP staff could do better of keeping in contact.
Great company to work For!
Piping Designer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 23, 2015
This was a contract position with MECO inc. I was a Piping Designer doing Skid mounted packages that were used in converting salt water to potable water for an overseas client near Saudi Arabia. This was a job were we did all the drafting on a certain skid. Due to confidential nature this is all I'm allowed to say.
I helped a hot cutover team at the Chevron Refinery with my administrative skills.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: everything!!! i loved it!!!
Cons: leaving the job. it was a good thing when the project was completed, especially without incident, but it ended and i was laid off.
A typical day was intense and fun.
I learned a to have a lot of patience and to take it slow and easy in order to make good decisions where there is sence of potential danger. In an industrial setting one must think safety at all times.
I loved my managers, especially my project manager we are still friends. We stay in touch through Facebook and we have each others contact numbers. She will also give a reference for me if you need one.
My co-workers were very sweet and incredibly smart. I shared an office with two engineers. I loved it! They are a lot of fun.
The hardest part of the job.. The job was not hard at all.
The most enjoyable part was the meetings. They were huge, up to 30 people at a time all with diverse backgrounds.
Always good to work for.
Consultant/First Line Supervisor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 29, 2013
Manage was definitely a plus. All the paper work and plant entry requirements were done correctly and ahead of time to insure getting into the work site without hold ups.
UP Professional Solutions www.uppros.com
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: contract varies and benefits are not always guarenteed
Great opportunities through partnerships with major engineering and project control corporations in the oil and gas industry. UP will match you to a company with your talents and skills. Matches can be for contract or direct hire. I was able to telecomute with an employer for 9 years. It was the best job and most flexible I have ever had.
Productive Company
Accounting Inventory Analyst (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: employer does great things for the employees
Cons: benefits could better with cheaper rates
I worked for UP at Chalmette Refinery (ExxonMobil) as a contractor for over 6 years. My experience there was great. I enjoyed the employees and the job I did there.Leraned a lot and how to stay safe. If I could have stayed longer I would. If the opportunity came again before I completed my degree I would accept with a promise to advance with thin the organization.
very productive
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSAugust 16, 2013
putting safety warnings our
setting up new formatting for instruction for plants
assisting writers in formatting issues.
FUN WORK PLACE
Field Piping Designer/Bentley (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 22, 2012
Pros: free lunch on fridays
Cons: long breaks
TRAVEL TO DIFFERENT SITES, WALKING DOWN PIPING SYSTEM USING SHIPCON 3-D MODELING
great agency
Data Technician (Former Employee), Furgro: John Chance Land SurveyOctober 3, 2012
very good personnel that keep their employees up to date with currents job opportunities.
They were a good company to work for.
Data Entigerity Coordinator (Former Employee), Chalmette, LASeptember 26, 2012
I did not work directly for Universal Personnel. They contracted me to Exxon Mobil, Chalmette La.
They have treated me well
Area Const Sup't/Manager (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXAugust 14, 2012
I do my job & they sent me a check every Friday--Lol

Universal does a good job at making sure you have everything you need & the safety training to perform your job.
Very nice company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chalmette,LAJuly 25, 2012
Always stayed busy. Worked with exxon mobile doing data entry and clerical work for their audit.
Staffing Agency that found temporary employment for me at Valero Refinery in St Charles Parish.
Data entry and time keeping (Former Employee), Norco, LAMay 13, 2012
I completed my OSHA training through this job opportunity. I was a timekeeper during a turnaround at the refinery. I enjoyed meeting new people and learning new programs.