PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for all aspects of accounts payable and cash disbursements
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analysis of P&L accounts, process monthly G/L journal entries, and month end accruals
2. Responsible for compliance in sales tax law as well as ensuring vendor paperwork is tax compliant
3. Identify opportunities for cost reduction, savings and process improvement
4. Reviews weekly cash disbursement and makes decision on payments
5. Process all invoices and resolving any purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies. Matching documentation, verifying prices and receipt of product
6. Pay vendors; schedule and prepare checks; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos and material returns or rejections.
7. Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
8. Maintains historical records by filing documents.
9. Distributes American Express reports and ensures T&E is submitted timely
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. College degree recommended
2. 3- 5 years of experience is required.
3. Analytical ability required in order to gather and interpret data in situations where the problems are somewhat complex.
4. Good communications skills and excellent organizational with strong attention to detail skills
5. Highly motivated, Strong initiative
6. Proficient computer skills including Excel and Word
7. Good understanding of all accounting functions
8. Ability to multi task in a fast paced accounting environment
Only local candidates will be considered