Universal Pictures Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Director In-Theatre Marketing (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAMarch 21, 2017
Provides good benefits and bonuses. There are some really good people who care about completing the goals as a team. The Workplace culture is dependent on which department you are in.
Benefits
Cons
management
Fast-paced working environment with a variety of people and projects
Manager of Finance, Marketing and Distribution (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAJanuary 17, 2017
With over 10 years of entertainment experience, I still enjoy the type of work I do and the interaction that occurs every day.
Screening Representative
FREELANCE FILM SCREENING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAOctober 30, 2016
I enjoy the independence, trust and diversity of events offered to me by the company. Each event gives me the chance to coordinate large crowds/groups and constantly provides opportunities for me to hone my public speaking skills. A typical event includes scheduling talent and escorting celebrities.
Pros
Event oriented environment
Cons
It's not full time.
Auditioning for Universal is challanging but very exciting all at once.
Lead actor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2015
I was one of the New York Actors that was flown to L.A. for the role of Shavonne that after an all day of auditioning I was blessed to get it. Once you get a job with Universal Pictures life becomes so alive and makes you feel that all things can be possible. Its honor to have worked with a legendary company. Very grateful and will always look back as one of the greatest summers of my life.
Pros
great salary, royalties for life, and per deim everyday! Free catering on set and craft services the best.
great learning experience
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Belfast, MEDecember 9, 2014
Just being in the same room as some of the most creative minds in the industry is helpful enough, but to also be included in research and gathering information is wonderful. I enjoyed my time. Do not wait for people to need you, make the experience work for you by offering your services when you can.
Nice work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 25, 2014
Nice equipment & easy going people to be around. Liked meeting famous actors & directors for movies.
Pros
NICE PAY
Cons
SEASONAL
Great place to work.`
Gangboss/Welder (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 31, 2014
The staff got along so well at Harper's. We vibed well together and everyone did their part. Helping animals and having fun is what we did.
awsome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAMay 6, 2014
cool place to work, cool people, fun environment co workers where cool
Rewarding Work Experience
Manager, Communications and Media Relations (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAJune 10, 2013
Having worked for NBC Universal since one week after college, I have had the opportunity to work under some extremely talented and hardworking professionals. I feel the opportunities for advancement are for those willing to put in the time and effort.
Fun and demanding
LOCATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  HOLLYWOOD, CAJanuary 9, 2013
Working in films is different from any other job. I usually worked between 15 to 18 hour days and oversaw many aspects of the film.
Pros
free food and great people
Cons
Productive, fun place to work
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2012
Booked travel most of the day as well as normal production assistant duties.

Learned how to book travel on a larger scale-- via working on the film, "ID Theft"
Pros
learning enviornment
Storied and legendary Hollywood studio to work for.
PROMOTIONS FIELD COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAJuly 1, 2012
Working in the Motion Picture Publicity Department was a great starting place and intro to Hollywood for a newly arrived person in this town. There were lots of evening premieres to work (had to be flexible), but it was great fun and you met all the stars.
Pros
exiciting, never a dull moment
Cons
you can be the victim of a studio management change and swept out in a studio cleanup
Assistant Publicist
Assistant Publicist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2012
Worked on East Coast publicity campaigns for movies distributed by major motion picture company.