ENTRY LEVEL construction management position. Assists project managers, directors of construction, project directors and superintendents by completing assigned tasks. Receives training in company management tools, standards, policies and procedures. May be assigned to long-term project at out-of-state location and must be willing to travel. PLEASE APPLY ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS. PLEASE - RECENT GRADUATES ONLY.
- Identifies and qualifies subcontractors and vendors for assigned scopes of work. Prepares and transmits bid packages and invitations to bid. Receives and analyzes received bids. In conjunction with project manager, may negotiate and award subcontracts and purchase orders. Prepares and maintains purchase control log.
- Participates in design review meetings and reviews and monitors design with particular attention to scope, cost changes and constructability. May be responsible for applying for, tracking and expediting project permits.
- Prepares detailed estimates and cost codes for initial cost control reporting and updates labor cost reports and summary cost reports. Works with accounting to maintain subcontractor and vendor requirements for payment processing.
- Works with project team to prepare and update progress schedules including short term interval schedules. Assists in planning construction operations and sequences.
- As directed by project manager, may interact with client including correspondence, periodic reports, change order requests, submittal of pay requisitions, and response to client inquiries and directives.
- Checks, approves and transmits submittals; maintains submittal control log; prepares and manages requests for information and maintains RFI log.
- Assists superintendent with subcontractor coordination, safety and quality management, and job site reporting and controls.
- Assists in preparation of project close-out requirements including unit cost history, operations and maintenance manuals, punch list management and agency inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the construction industry, including methods, engineering, equipment, technology, safety, etc.
- Ability to monitor resources, including budgets, schedules and materials, in an environment of multiple, competing demands.
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaboration and analytic skills.
- Ability to understand and execute the company vision and focus on the five “C’s”: Cost and Safety, Common Sense, Communication, Courtesy and Respect, and Creativity.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Universal Piping Industries, LLC (“UPI”) is a dynamic organization that provides consummate service and value to our customers....