UNIVERSAL PLANT SERVICES Employee Reviews

Nice work place
Field Resource Coordinator / Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 7, 2017
• Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
• Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
• Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
• Gather personnel records from other departments or employees.
• Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions
Universal Plant Services is a great place to work
Rigger (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 31, 2017
A typical workday was about 12 hours. I learned many things from my supervisors and coworkers, including rigging, properly running a man lift, and extended boom forklift. The management is always willing to help, even coming out to field to help when we need them to. Universal Plant Services has unique culture because of the family-like feel throughout the company. You can tell that they really care about their employees. The hardest part of my job at Universal Plant Services is climbing the structures with heavy pieces of equipment. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I really enjoy rigging, and being out in the field in general.
Pros
Lots of hours, sometimes traveling is involved
Cons
Short lunches, no healthcare
Very Safe
Welder Helper (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 27, 2017
everyone gets along and does what they need to do to get things done in a safe timely manner. They never rush to do any job and never attempt to do any job that looks unsafe or has the potential to be life threatening.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
exposed to the elements
ups company provides good opportunities for work and work place
Pipe fitter journey man (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 17, 2017
Hard work good commitment responsibility attitude good communication ,look forward and thinking about the future and working for that,and also think before do any things
Good enviroment/nice people
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  FLINT HILLSJune 28, 2017
I like working for ups, it has a great enviroment and personel starting with the super intentdents.

I dislike to fact that we only have 30 minute lunch and it is too short for us to have to eat and go to use the restroom. Also I dont like the fact that we dont get cover with health insurance which I strongly disagree. I wish we could have the option of getting healt insurance right away. I hope ups can do something about that soon.
Thanks
Pros
Great schedules
Cons
To short lunch breaks and no health coverage untill you work for them for one full year
Great Company
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Port Lavaca, TXJune 25, 2017
Great Company. Management as well. I enjoyed the 30 day shutdown @ 7/12's. Great Money.
They took care of you in emergency or personal needs.
If you needed a break or a day off, they were good about it.
Made sure checks were right, if they werent fixed it within 24hrs.
Pros
money
Good guys to work with.
Project Planner / Estimator (Current Employee) –  Point Comfort, TXJune 22, 2017
Good place to work for. but insurance was not available to me until I worked for about a year and a half. not what I expected. per diem was offered to everyone else I work with but not to me even those I was driving far enough to be eligible for it.
Pros
pretty good pay
Cons
Insurance not available until over a year of service
Great place and great people.
PIPE FITTER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
Great communication and people. Always looking out for safety. Considerate when it comes to family. Supervision is always on top of the game no matter what.
Great pay
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 20, 2017
Company pays great! They pay double time after the 40 hours or when a holiday automatically double. Offer great per diem as well. Would recommend UPS to my friends.
Labor/ mantice
Millwright apprentice / millwright machine (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXJune 13, 2017
Hard worker very mechanical inclined been around the manitace and macherie for 10 years now I also know other trades such as multi task able to work long hours and able to travel
Great company
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2017
This company works shutdowns but is like a big family while your working out there with them, made great money and traveled for a couple jobs I would refer them to anybody
Recognizes hard work
GENERAL FOREMAN (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 31, 2017
Great company to work for. In my industry, jobs ususally are seasonal projects with long work hours. There are times when there is a lag in work. They are fair when it comes to recognizing and rewarding loyal, hard workers with steady work.
Great summer intern experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMay 20, 2017
They really helped me learn about what I needed to do early on in the summer so that I could succeed quickly. They put me in a lot of different departments so that I could help out whoever asked.
Safe,working enviroment
Site Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 27, 2017
Overall great place to work. People are great from top to bottom. If seeing the country is what you want, you'll get that. Lots of travel. I give this place a 10.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Never home
Productive Place to Work
Timekeeper / Admin (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 24, 2017
This Project is a good Project to work on. You will be taught beyond your job scope , which is good in case of future employment. The Project Manager is very nice and is willing to work with you.
working for UPS
Boilermaker Lead (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 9, 2017
long work hours and away from home
you are always learning new approaches to a job
great places to meet new people
the best part is getting paid
hardest part is being away from your family for long periods of time
Pros
great pay
Cons
short to no breaks, away family long periods of time, working in the elements
Contract company with great employees
Buyer/Field Coordinator for Agrium (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXFebruary 8, 2017
I worked a short time for this contracting company who is very well known in the industry! Management was very professional and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Good wages!
Cons
Short-term employment
Great first office experience
Administrative Assistant - Temp Position (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXDecember 13, 2016
it was my first office job, everyone was willing to help and lead me in the right path. I was able to work in a few different departments and every time I learned something valuable
Pros
Kitchen
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2016
Its a good place to work with and expand your knowledge they work with you in every diffrent way will like to go work with them in the future.
Not open to discuss
Recruiter Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXNovember 27, 2016
Worked well with everyone never had issues with anyone always was on time. Hardest part of the job was we would do our job one way then they would change our job description another way then back again.