Universal Protection Service

Universal Protection Service Employer Reviews

Its a good job but not a career
Post Commander (Current Employee), Middletown CA,November 17, 2014
As a Security Site Manager the company has given me a lot of perks while at the site and allowed me a flexible schedule. However the quality of people hired has bad and when working and superving others you can imagin the diffrent factors you have to deal with. The company supports you to an extant but will burn you if they have to. In 4 years my site – more... has not gotten a raise and everyone is a little down on that and the benifits are ok at best. – less
It is a good place to work but.....
Security Professional/Weekend Shift lead (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 14, 2014
This is a good place to work as long as you don't mind being in the dark about sudden changes.
By far a terrible place to work
Security (Former Employee), TucsonNovember 8, 2014
Cons: no lunch, no time off
Supervisors who think that the rules don't apply to them, then turn around and get you fired for something they approved, Most officers sleep on the job and don't take the security of the premises seriously, Employees stealing from the site they work on and blame the public. Supervisor asked me to give a random individual a ride in the company vehicle, – more... and when I refused and said it was against company policy he told me not to worry about it, ect........ Very dishonest supervisor, GP – less
positive and nice place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee), laguna niguel, santa anaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: it was a nice place to work
Cons: i wanted to do something different, and increase my pay
I was a lobby ambassador in a high rise building, I helped people when they came to the building, monitored fire panels, checked elevators and emergency systems. I also patroled the area, checked doors, received and made radio calls, filled out d.a.r.s, and incident reports. Patroled and issued warning notices to cars in parking lot
Security
Receptionist/Dispatch (Current Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 5, 2014
• Greet and assist building tenants with suite access.
• Monitor incoming radio calls and surveillance cameras.
• Answer multiple phone lines and transfer to proper extensions.
• Manage check-in and check-out of all building visitors.
• Assist loading dock with receiving curriers and vendors and by checking for proper credentials and insurance
This is not a good company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), Long BeachNovember 4, 2014
This company is unorganized. this company do not give a raise and if they ow you money they will try they hardest not to pay you.
Fun Environment
Security Officer, Elanco (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 3, 2014
Great place to work if you like bouncing around from job site to job site. Most work is shift work. Most sites are fun and laid back. Nothing extremely hard.
Good work environment
Field Training Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: constantly busy
As a Field Training Manager for Universal Protection Service, you are expected to fill all last minute scheduling and call offs. I have learned a lot during my employment with Universal Protection Service, as far as scheduling and reporting systems.
Nice company but not low pay
Security Guard (Former Employee), Santa anaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: nice managment
Cons: low pay
I learned how to work with people, solving problems in a productive way and diffuse all of them
Very good company to work for
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 28, 2014
very good company to work for. Helpful with training and questions
A bunch of liars
LACKY (Former Employee), PALM DESERTOctober 27, 2014
Cons: branch office is full of liars
I was diagnosed with Cancer, but yet I continued to work for this company, Yes I did miss work because of chemothereapy treatments, and being too sick to get out of bed. I had to go down to 4 days to keep my medical insurance, because there is no way I could afford their health insurance. Plus, being a single parent I needed to have health insurance. – more... Things went fine with working 4 days and treatments, until I told my boss, I needed to keep working 4 days to keep medical insurance. I was called into the office on my day off and told I was being removed from my post because of the days of work I was missing. I was told a new post was being sought for me and I even volunteered to work grave yard at places no one wanted to work. For two weeks I emailed the human resources manager at the local branch office, and was told more than once the regional manager was still looking. I was ignored when I called into the office as well. 2 Months later after being told they were still looking I received a letter telling me I was terminated the day I was removed from post. I WAS LIED TO FOR 2 MONTHS!!!!! They never intended to find me a new post. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH OR FAMILY. ALSO MY SUPERVISOR AT MY POST WOULD SLEEP ON DUTY WATCH TV OR MOVIES AND MAKE OTHERS DO HIS JOB BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT TO MOVE. HE IS A LAZY PERSON WHO WAS PROMOTED AND LET HIS POWER GO TO HIS HEAD. I SHOULD HAVE TURNED OVER THE PICTURES OF HIM SLEEPING ON THE JOB. WHEN I SPOKE UP AND STOOD UP FOR MYSELF I WAS TERMINATED. NO WARNING. – less
Do not work here.
Security officer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 26, 2014
Cons: too many to list all.
I can't think of anything nice to say about this company. No communication, poor training, no sick or vacation days, high insurance and poor pay.
Serve and protect
Security Site Commander (Former Employee), Albany, GAOctober 24, 2014
 Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
 Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
 Management and training of security personnel.
Great place
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLOctober 16, 2014
When we were not watching banks we were working either hurrcane sites or the Clevelander in South Beach.
Productive workplace that's full of energy
Professional Security Analyst (Current Employee), Kenner, LAOctober 15, 2014
A stress free work day with friendly, hardworking co-workers helping people solve problems and putting a smile on their faces.
Easy Job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Belmont, WVOctober 11, 2014
Pros: flexiable schedules
Cons: no advancement
Learned about managing public
the hardest part about the job was finding ways to occupy your time since sometimes you had many hours between activity
Laid back security
Security Guard (Former Employee), Lombard, ILOctober 6, 2014
daily rounds, monitoring cctvs
how to have good communication skills
barely saw management
one guard per shift
staying awake was the hard part
An okay job with no advancement opportunities
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: overtime pay, great coworkers
Cons: low pay, poor management
An okay job for people who like to gain experience in the private security sector,however, is low pay and management demands a lot out of their officers.
On how the company is being conducted
Greet guests and perform receptionist duties (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: the end of the day
Cons: no health care
Meeting and greeting employee's, checking badges and having visitor's sign in. Management was not able to teach me anything. It was hard dealing management. I got along real well with co-workers. Dealing with unreasonable people was tough. Being friends with the employees.
Great company to work for
Center Operator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2014
Great company to work for if you a student and looking to make money while not worrying about over working yourself at work. Great group of staff all over the place.

1 2 3 4 5

About Universal Protection Service

Founded in 1965, Universal Services of America combines an innovative mix of tradition with cutting edge systems and technology – Read more

Universal Protection Service Photos