Universal Protection Service

Universal Protection Service United States Employee Reviews

Security guard
Security officer (Current Employee), Riverside,caMay 3, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: It's a dead end job
This company is sneaky..you would be training your replacement and not even know it. They will remove you from a post without giving you a reason. They preach "Professionalism", but no one in that office is professional
Security (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 1, 2015
Pros: Go on lunch when you like
Cons: long rounds
Security and safety at a medical facility job requires checking buildings in assigned area for security. checking doors, windows, lights, and equipment. Records any damage for repairs and for criminal incidents, watching CCTV cameras also patrolling parking.
productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 29, 2015
Pros: including in all department gathering
Cons: no benefits
working at universal protection was a wonderful experience, employees in the courthouse treated security with respect, and show appreciation to the security officers.
Very diverse work environment with lots of customer service, very high volume work enviroment
Security Professional (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 24, 2015
Pros: fast pase work place
Cons: hours didnt work for a single parent
on a day to day basis i would greet customers help them with any-problem they had i would also help the employees with any thing they needed. I also did residential safety and doorman service.
great place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: 40 hrs a week
Cons: pay is ok
relaxed placed to work safe environment staff is respectable helpfull and nice. great sites to work at and willing to work with you no matter what.
All about making money
Security Professional (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Potential for consistent work, decent work sites and benefits
Cons: Management's professionalism, payroll discrepancies, lack of growth room
First thing first UPS provided me with just over 2 years of consistent work work. I know that the work you receive (consistent or not) depends on your professionalism and work ethic. Getting a hold of proper uniforms was not hard for me but from what all of my co workers told me it's like mission impossible with the company. My pay rate was $10.00/hr which was told to be one of the higher pay rates for the company at the security (guard) professional level. I worked at one post (site) throughout the whole 2 year period. Did a lot of post commander work without post commander compensation ex. I was the one that management would call to train all new employees, make phone calls when someone didn't show up etc. while I am the same level employee that I'm training. I worked with some very good employees and some people didn't like working (just lazy). The company will reward client acknowledgements, sometimes the give out movie tickets sometimes just a certificate, but hey it's aknowledgement. You have to keep track of hours worked because they will short your checks and act like they don't know what you're talking about unless you tell them dates and times. The receptionist that answered the phone while I worked there was rude most of the time and management would deny phone calls without good cause. Ultimately I left for another job but my experience wasn't to bad. Branch manager wasn't always straight forward with me.
Enjoyable
Security Guard (Former Employee), Cold Spring, MNApril 20, 2015
Pros: all
Cons: my commute
Universal Protection did not have there security guards just sitting around there was always things that could be done. I had numerous tasks which was very nice because it kept me interested. I was excited to go to work. My co-workers were also enjoyable, they knew what they were doing. When i was being trained i had a very informative teacher, i learned a lot! Great job!
Standard Security Guard Company
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 17, 2015
Aside from a great client, UPS is a very large business with accounts of all ranges. Not much room for advancement as there is a high turn-over rate with employment.
Very quiet environment enjoyable workplace
Lobby Ambassador, Security Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2015
Maintained a security presence meeting and greeting tenants patrolled work site by foot and golf cart. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the tenants.
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: secure job
Cons: no pay raises or benefits
Good company to work for. I like the job because you are always meeting new people. Good people to work with. A typical day at work would be to patrol and observe to make sure everything looks ok.
Horrible communication
Security Guard (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2015
Typical day is sitting at watching a screen, No phone usage is allowed. Managers do horrible communication with each other. They have sent me to jobs sites already covered be some one else. Forgetting to send me address and time for which i should have gone.
Security Officer (Current Employee), INApril 11, 2015
UPS is a great company with great people! They are very dedicated to their clients and their employees. Day to day you will perform usual checks of the property and occasionally help out staff of the client.
Easy to work for
Shift Leader / Admin Support (Current Employee), San Marcos, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Steady schedule, Job security
Cons: Employees can be unreliable or not dependable to show up on time, hiring bodies vs hiring experienced people
The hardest part of the job can be your schedule or making the clients happy. The more enjoyable part can depend on where you work but from my personal experiences on different sites is definitely the people or experiences you go through.
Security Company.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Lombard, ILApril 9, 2015
Cons: DId not stand behind their employees
This is a security company that sends their officers where needed. This can be far from your home. The hours were not what I was looking for.
Easy going and fun position
Security Officer/ Field Training Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch break and flexible hours
Cons: Healthcare benefits are too expensive and no current vacation time or paid time off.
A typical day at work consists of me training other security officers, and patrolling the premises as usual. I have learned a lot over the years while dealing with numerous types of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures. The hardest part about dealing with this job is some people can be complicated and intentionally not follow policies. The most enjoyable part of this job is the easy going nature of the job itself.
Productive, Challenging, Engaging and Fun
Security Officer (Current Employee), Oakland, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Diverse work environment
A typical day for me at work is to usher authorized persons into tenant space. I call to confirm an appointment if the individual/company is not in the pass-down from building management. I want to learn, be innovative and evolve everyday. I therefore do not face challenges in doing my job because I am a quick learner and always ready to challenge myself with new things. I give 100% to whatever I find myself doing and I grow to love it. I get along very well with management, co-workers, custodians and janitors. We work together as one big family in providing customer service and the needed assistance. I simply love working in a diverse environment because you get to learn new creative and innovative ideas/skills.
Universal
Certified Protection Officer (Current Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: None
Great company to work for, they seem to care about their employees and really strive to help them improve themselves. I have learned how to be a better officer working for this company.
Company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great people, okay pay, great opportunities, very organized, and very diverse
Cons: pay every 2 weeks instead of weekly
Great company good possibilities on promotion only considering experience. For new hires hours and schedule may be a little difficult to manage with personal life. Overall a great company to work with has pros and cons may differ from different individuals do to character but overall a good company.
I want the last 6 months of my life back
Security Officer (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 20, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: pay
I learned everything from the post order book and even then there were problems.The job is easy unless you work at the main site and then you have to deal with the drama of management. When I was hired, I later found out that other employees that have worked for Universal for over 10 years made the exact same money as I did coming in. Pay here sucks big time. Making $8.35 an hour guarding buildings and the people in them is just cruel. I really understand why new security officers leave in just a few weeks. Unarmed guards get paid $8.35/hr and armed $1 more.
potential to be the number one company in the United States
Security Professional (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: professionalism, knowledgeable and integrity we provide for our clients to fulfill their needs
Cons: should have been with this company full time long ago...
Growing at a phenomenal rate, our company strives to be number one in the security industry. great potential within the company for advancement, and management helps you succeed and meet your future goals within the company...

1 2 3 4 5

About Universal Protection Service

Founded in 1965, Universal Services of America combines an innovative mix of tradition with cutting edge systems and technology – Read more

Universal Protection Service Salaries