Universal Protection Service

Universal Protection Service Employee Reviews

being well dressed for work
secuirty officer (Current Employee), albuquerque NMMay 22, 2015
Pros: good management
Cons: no sick pay, or holiday pay
lots of walking,in and outdoors meeting new cleants and co-workersI really loved my job. it was a very big site and an sorta old building always something flooding. pulging or overflowing but i liked it.
I'm employed with the company but NOT
Security Officerf (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 19, 2015
Pros: unlimited overtime when you can work
Cons: no benefits and extremely unprofessional management
I started a temp assignment as a contractor with a very successful company. After the assignment ended I cant seem to get in touch with the UPS field office for my next assignment. In other words, I'm employed but I don't have a job to make money. This is sooo stressfull. One of the managers suddenly quit and seems the employees suffer. The other two managers won't return phone calls or emails. I don't know what to do except start looking for another job. I hate this unprofessional company. They don't care about the clients or their own employees!
Productive and interesting.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Experience, Excitement
Cons: Pay, Management
The Irvine Park and Village apartments is a great place to work to sharpen your security skills and get a chance to deal with all types of situations.
It's a good job to have...
Security Officer (Current Employee), Springfield, ILMay 14, 2015
Pros: Choosing what you can work
They were able to work around my schedule and my co-workers are some of the best people you could meet. You get to have interaction with different types of people, but it can difficult dealing with people's attitudes. I love the people I work for and the people I work with.
Health, safety and security
Security Professional (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
Monitoring surveillance cameras on building activity as personnel enter and exit the property. Learn how to be very observant of my surroundings.
great place to learn new skills that will take you to the next level and the confidence to do it
Security Guard (Current Employee), Peoria,IllinoisMay 10, 2015
Pros: no two days are the same
Cons: salary
as a guard I interact with management, state employees, vendors and the general public. During the day I wear many hats. This takes customer service skills to the next level. I am ready for advancement. This job assignment has prepare me for security management.
Great work ethic and appreciative of good work done.
Security Professional (Former Employee), Pharr, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: Paid Lunch and Breaks
Cons: Mother nature.
I liked working for this company cause they actually take the time to say thank you for your good work and they help you sharpen the skills that you may already posses. They also have plenty of advancement options or ways to improve your security pro folio.
West LA vs Downtown LA
Security officer/ Front Desk / Post Commander (Current Employee), Downtown BranchMay 7, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch at some posts, Union posts
Cons: Must stay over when your relief is a no show, no paid lunch at some post, no Union in Pasadena posts
From my experience the West LA branch has more to offer than the Downtown LA branch.

Also, it being downtown you will deal with more security issues and the rules and regulations will be much more demanding.

If you enjoy being micro managed or micro managing people some of the downtown post will be ideal for you. Not for me.

West LA offers more diversity in terms of types of buildings you will work in. Less micro managing and more empowered shift leads.

Good people overall but we are asked to do counterproductive task at times. Those that stay at their posts past two years seem to be dedicated and respect their work and peers. Some people are just looking for an easy position with as little work as possible and they filter themselves out on their own.

I've been with the company for 6 years and for the most part UPS has been good to me.
worst company ever
guard (Former Employee), New york, new yorkMay 6, 2015
Pros: pay every week
Cons: no benefits, no paid vacation, no sick days, no holidays off
i was happy when i joined this company but lord This company lacks professionalism . The training sucks they expect you to know everything in very little time . Usually a company gives you health benefits after 30-90 days & I didnt earn anything after being with them for several months. No ones gives you an answer when you ask a question & they expect you to do a whole lot of running around in order to get the information you need. There really a bad joke. Lastly you only get paid for the time you are scheduled and not a min later.
Security guard
Security officer (Current Employee), Riverside,caMay 3, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: It's a dead end job
This company is sneaky..you would be training your replacement and not even know it. They will remove you from a post without giving you a reason. They preach "Professionalism", but no one in that office is professional
Security (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 1, 2015
Pros: Go on lunch when you like
Cons: long rounds
Security and safety at a medical facility job requires checking buildings in assigned area for security. checking doors, windows, lights, and equipment. Records any damage for repairs and for criminal incidents, watching CCTV cameras also patrolling parking.
productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 29, 2015
Pros: including in all department gathering
Cons: no benefits
working at universal protection was a wonderful experience, employees in the courthouse treated security with respect, and show appreciation to the security officers.
Very diverse work environment with lots of customer service, very high volume work enviroment
Security Professional (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 24, 2015
Pros: fast pase work place
Cons: hours didnt work for a single parent
on a day to day basis i would greet customers help them with any-problem they had i would also help the employees with any thing they needed. I also did residential safety and doorman service.
great place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: 40 hrs a week
Cons: pay is ok
relaxed placed to work safe environment staff is respectable helpfull and nice. great sites to work at and willing to work with you no matter what.
All about making money
Security Professional (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Potential for consistent work, decent work sites and benefits
Cons: Management's professionalism, payroll discrepancies, lack of growth room
First thing first UPS provided me with just over 2 years of consistent work work. I know that the work you receive (consistent or not) depends on your professionalism and work ethic. Getting a hold of proper uniforms was not hard for me but from what all of my co workers told me it's like mission impossible with the company. My pay rate was $10.00/hr which was told to be one of the higher pay rates for the company at the security (guard) professional level. I worked at one post (site) throughout the whole 2 year period. Did a lot of post commander work without post commander compensation ex. I was the one that management would call to train all new employees, make phone calls when someone didn't show up etc. while I am the same level employee that I'm training. I worked with some very good employees and some people didn't like working (just lazy). The company will reward client acknowledgements, sometimes the give out movie tickets sometimes just a certificate, but hey it's aknowledgement. You have to keep track of hours worked because they will short your checks and act like they don't know what you're talking about unless you tell them dates and times. The receptionist that answered the phone while I worked there was rude most of the time and management would deny phone calls without good cause. Ultimately I left for another job but my experience wasn't to bad. Branch manager wasn't always straight forward with me.
Enjoyable
Security Guard (Former Employee), Cold Spring, MNApril 20, 2015
Pros: all
Cons: my commute
Universal Protection did not have there security guards just sitting around there was always things that could be done. I had numerous tasks which was very nice because it kept me interested. I was excited to go to work. My co-workers were also enjoyable, they knew what they were doing. When i was being trained i had a very informative teacher, i learned a lot! Great job!
Standard Security Guard Company
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 17, 2015
Aside from a great client, UPS is a very large business with accounts of all ranges. Not much room for advancement as there is a high turn-over rate with employment.
Very quiet environment enjoyable workplace
Lobby Ambassador, Security Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2015
Maintained a security presence meeting and greeting tenants patrolled work site by foot and golf cart. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the tenants.
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: secure job
Cons: no pay raises or benefits
Good company to work for. I like the job because you are always meeting new people. Good people to work with. A typical day at work would be to patrol and observe to make sure everything looks ok.
Horrible communication
Security Guard (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2015
Typical day is sitting at watching a screen, No phone usage is allowed. Managers do horrible communication with each other. They have sent me to jobs sites already covered be some one else. Forgetting to send me address and time for which i should have gone.

1 2 3 4 5

About Universal Protection Service

Founded in 1965, Universal Services of America combines an innovative mix of tradition with cutting edge systems and technology – Read more

Universal Protection Service Salaries