Universal Protection Service Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,339 reviews matching the search
uninteresting
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2016
time to clock in would change daily i would focus to do the same things daily yet everything was unsure of what might occur
A Typical Day At Work
Private Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJAugust 21, 2016
Nothing is ever the same which is good, different situations happen that make you think on your feet whether it is a shoplifter or a random customer visiting the center.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
typical fire service organization
Director of Security (Site Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 21, 2016
Typical fire service organization. Fire, rescue is pretty self explanatory so what can I say. Also fire and life safety issues are handled be a fire service organization
It was a fun place to work, and I felt I was a valuable part of the organization.
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 20, 2016
General Atomics contracted security from Universal Protection Services (UPS) . My dealings with UPS was the hiring process, which I had no problems, and they were very helpful. My work was with General Atomics.(GA)

My days varied from assignment to assignment. I observed the activities and reported any problems to my supervisor. Some days I would monitor the entrance gate, and others go on patrols.

I learned my correctional awareness skills were most useful.

The management of UPS and GA worked well with each other. If I had a problem or a suggestion they would listen and act. It was not always in my favor, but they were willing to explain.

Those I worked with were much younger, but were willing to learn as well as teach. I had little or no difficulties with the other workers. It was a pleasure to work with them.

The hardest part of the job was the shifts varied, but I was part time, and used where and when I was needed.

The most enjoyable part was making new friends and not working in corrections.
Pros
The wonderful people I worked with.
Cons
Sand, wind and black widow spiders.
productive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 20, 2016
Universal Protection Services was a great company employees were getting their pay on time and the company was expanding due to great customer service .
Pros
NO free lunches
Cons
Okay Breaks
productive and reliable
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2016
excellent place to work but i need to pursue my career in heath field.
they are loving and respectable people over there. they maintain or work with company's policy
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Great company
Security Supervisor/Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 18, 2016
Universal is a great company, but; they are at the mercy of and subject to the whims of tenants at the various properties that they secure.
Pros
Great Director
Cons
Doing a good job doesn't matter if a tenant makes even an unfounded complaint. You're gone!
organized work facility
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Texas Direct Auto, TXAugust 18, 2016
typical work day is very laid back just review cameras and routine patrol on the property. Co-workers are very friendly and reliable.
Unfortunately not a good place to work or prosper. Far too many changes.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 17, 2016
This company is very disorganized Zero to no acknowledgment or promotions and forget raises. They withhold your paychecks and send last minute important notices out so you can not apply, ie, 401K, health insurance, etc.

There is little to no communication amongst themselves and the contracted business they work for/with. They will not pay back the uniform deposit of $300.00 which we had to pay in order to work and to get the uniform.
Would go back for the right pay
Field Coordinator, Rover (Former Employee) –  Saan DiegoAugust 17, 2016
Overall not a bad place to work. But as you got better, the people you worked for feit threatened that you were out to replace them.The other officers were good people. The sites you were mostly ok.
Pros
study work
Cons
people you worked for feit threatened that you were out to replace them.
productive work place
Security Officer - Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2016
foot patrol
monitor cctv
report incidents,violation and service request
residential and commercial patrol
promoted to shift supervisor after six months on the job as security officer
Bad company to work for.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 16, 2016
Hire supervisors that think you should bow and kiss their feet, never hire anyone to fill open positions. Constant lying by supervisors and upper management.
Not a good company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 16, 2016
This company was brought out by Universal Protection services. allied barton is a complete job of a company. just like universal, they didn't care about the guards working the sites.
It was ok...
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2016
It was ok while it lasted, but I will say that there communication sucks because at the end of my employment there, it took me months after people stopped answering my calls to actually resign.
Pros
PAY.
Consistent and productive
SECURITY MANAGER, Rhodes State Office Tower (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2016
I managed a staff of 26 security officers in a downtown high rise building (the State of Ohio Office Tower). The company that I formerly worked for is contracted through the State of Ohio. A normal work day would consist of monitoring the 1st shift staff, interacting with the 3,500 state employees and on an average about 450 visitors on a daily basis. My staff and I provided a service of monitoring cameras, conducting building tours and security escorts for building contractors such as maintenance workers, mail delivery personnel etc. The security staff responds to building emergencies such as medical, water leaks, fire alarms or suspicious people expeditiously. Part of my duties is making the weekly schedules in advance and also conducting the weekly payroll for my entire staff. Interacting with the security staff on all 3 shifts 1st, 2nd and 3rd. My official working hours were from 8am-4pm but for a decade and a half I came in from 6am - 4pm that way I had a chance to start early on my duties and had time to spend with the 3rd shift security officers from 6am - 7am. I also worked with the 2nd shift security officers from 3pm - 4pm. The hardest part of the position was trying to make sure that everyone was happy and the most enjoyable aspect was all of the relationships that I made with the state employees (the client). In contract security there is always constant turnover and on lots of occasions managers have to pitch in and help out when there is a person down. The security officers in the lobby sign in visitors in what is called the easy lobby system. With the state of  more... the world the way it is today security has changed. Security officers are more aware of their surroundings now as turnstiles are being added into buildings such as the state building and medal detectors.  less
Pros
I really liked the hours that I worked.
Cons
I was vastly underpaid for the amount of work that I had to do and the benefits were terrible.
Interesting work environment
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDAugust 13, 2016
Job wasn't bad at all just management and/or supervisors are not understanding. My co-workers were awesome. Got free drinks and discounts at some places. Learned a few self defense skills
Productive and Encouraging Work Enviorment
Security Guard/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 12, 2016
I Look Forward In Coming To Work Every Work Day, Stable Career, Couldn't Ask For Any Thing More, Love My Co-Workers and Superiors.
Overall good job
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 12, 2016
I enjoyed it , was a simple yet important job. Management and crew were welcoming and friendly. The was watching and protection over a parking garage for the crowne plaza. I worked mid and over night shifts Wensday and Thursday 8pm-4am also Saturday and Sunday 12pm-8pm. I would have to answer calls in regards to helping people get in or out of the Parking Garage.
mediocore security company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAAugust 11, 2016
unskilled supervisors, seem to always be unreliable .
good job sites, unfair pay and promotion.
guards need more training as well as supervisors
Easy job! Poor management!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2016
The job in itself is very simple and easy. Just follow policies and you are good to go. management makes the job way more stressful than it need to be. This is for the mall location only. other sites i hear are great and fun to work at.
Pros
Rotating post every 2 hours
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Protection Service. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8