Universal Protection Service

Universal Protection Service Employee Reviews

multi billion dollars company/low pay
Code gray,Nurses Assist,,patrol,dispatch (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 30, 2015
universal expect to have professional guards to execute the job , when you do perfect job you may get a paper certification & a small gift card/ don't ask for a raise even you work there for ever.
great comany
Security Officer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJune 29, 2015
great company to work for and have great co workers. this company is also great with the comfort of employment. looking to better my self
Very productive
Security Officer (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAJune 29, 2015
It is a good job, If you need something quick and reliable this is the place for you. They do not have many positions for you to move up in but it is a start.
I enjoyed working for this company.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJune 25, 2015
I was a contractor at a chemical company and everyone who worked there was a real pleasure to be around the atmosphere was great.
Definitely not the best place to work in security.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 24, 2015
Universal is a middle man company so everyone who works for them gets the short end of the stick. There is no room for advancement. If you are looking for a job to make a few dollars while you wait for something better to come in the by all means take this job.
Good place to get experiance
Security Professional (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJune 15, 2015
If your looking for a big company that will give you the ability to work in any environment this is it. with sites that range from parking lots to city contracts its not hard to find what you want. the only issues that people come across it the Drama createdin the managment staff that sometimes effects the regular guards
Not Applicable
Security Guard (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJune 4, 2015
None at this time. Its an okay place to work. The pay is low, but is the general consensus of jobs in the area is low. I enjoy the people I work with. The best part is meeting new people, and ensuring that my co-workers are safe during their work hours.
Long, no support from upper management led to loss of contract,none, sorry, no support,able to go home. long, no support from upper management.
Security Site Director (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 28, 2015
Pros: Was able gain experience in Security
Cons: Too many employees not held accountable for their actions, by upper management.
Long, no support from upper management led to loss of contract, none, sorry, no support, able to go home. Long, no support from upper management.
very inconpented manger's
Patrol Officer, gate officer, (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: nice uniforms
Cons: bad pay, no medical that is any good and is not affordable
this place is a lousy place to work, if you are in a bad need for a job then this place will hire you asap,they dont care about you only want to fill want they need.they have opening all the time ,but i work for them and can't get a post,they tell me those are for new enployee,and all i do is call all the time to ask for work. this is very stressful. i tell you from experince dont work here,!!!!!!!!! you be sorry.
The site is great where i been
Building/Patrol Officer (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 24, 2015
Very rude
Bad Management
I was next to get the management position but i was skipped for someone who was a video tester.
My co-workers are lazy and don't like to come to work
there is no hard part
being well dressed for work
secuirty officer (Current Employee), albuquerque NMMay 22, 2015
Pros: good management
Cons: no sick pay, or holiday pay
lots of walking,in and outdoors meeting new cleants and co-workersI really loved my job. it was a very big site and an sorta old building always something flooding. pulging or overflowing but i liked it.
I'm employed with the company but NOT
Security Officerf (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 19, 2015
Pros: unlimited overtime when you can work
Cons: no benefits and extremely unprofessional management
I started a temp assignment as a contractor with a very successful company. After the assignment ended I cant seem to get in touch with the UPS field office for my next assignment. In other words, I'm employed but I don't have a job to make money. This is sooo stressfull. One of the managers suddenly quit and seems the employees suffer. The other two managers won't return phone calls or emails. I don't know what to do except start looking for another job. I hate this unprofessional company. They don't care about the clients or their own employees!
Productive and interesting.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Experience, Excitement
Cons: Pay, Management
The Irvine Park and Village apartments is a great place to work to sharpen your security skills and get a chance to deal with all types of situations.
It's a good job to have...
Security Officer (Current Employee), Springfield, ILMay 14, 2015
Pros: Choosing what you can work
They were able to work around my schedule and my co-workers are some of the best people you could meet. You get to have interaction with different types of people, but it can difficult dealing with people's attitudes. I love the people I work for and the people I work with.
Health, safety and security
Security Professional (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
Monitoring surveillance cameras on building activity as personnel enter and exit the property. Learn how to be very observant of my surroundings.
great place to learn new skills that will take you to the next level and the confidence to do it
Security Guard (Current Employee), Peoria,IllinoisMay 10, 2015
Pros: no two days are the same
Cons: salary
as a guard I interact with management, state employees, vendors and the general public. During the day I wear many hats. This takes customer service skills to the next level. I am ready for advancement. This job assignment has prepare me for security management.
Great work ethic and appreciative of good work done.
Security Professional (Former Employee), Pharr, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: Paid Lunch and Breaks
Cons: Mother nature.
I liked working for this company cause they actually take the time to say thank you for your good work and they help you sharpen the skills that you may already posses. They also have plenty of advancement options or ways to improve your security pro folio.
West LA vs Downtown LA
Security officer/ Front Desk / Post Commander (Current Employee), Downtown BranchMay 7, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch at some posts, Union posts
Cons: Must stay over when your relief is a no show, no paid lunch at some post, no Union in Pasadena posts
From my experience the West LA branch has more to offer than the Downtown LA branch.

Also, it being downtown you will deal with more security issues and the rules and regulations will be much more demanding.

If you enjoy being micro managed or micro managing people some of the downtown post will be ideal for you. Not for me.

West LA offers more diversity in terms of types of buildings you – more... will work in. Less micro managing and more empowered shift leads.

Good people overall but we are asked to do counterproductive task at times. Those that stay at their posts past two years seem to be dedicated and respect their work and peers. Some people are just looking for an easy position with as little work as possible and they filter themselves out on their own.

I've been with the company for 6 years and for the most part UPS has been good to me. – less
worst company ever
guard (Former Employee), New york, new yorkMay 6, 2015
Pros: pay every week
Cons: no benefits, no paid vacation, no sick days, no holidays off
i was happy when i joined this company but lord This company lacks professionalism . The training sucks they expect you to know everything in very little time . Usually a company gives you health benefits after 30-90 days & I didnt earn anything after being with them for several months. No ones gives you an answer when you ask a question & they expect you to do a whole lot of running around in order to get the information you need. There really a bad joke. Lastly you only get paid for the time you are scheduled and not a min later.
Security guard
Security officer (Current Employee), Riverside,caMay 3, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: It's a dead end job
This company is sneaky..you would be training your replacement and not even know it. They will remove you from a post without giving you a reason. They preach "Professionalism", but no one in that office is professional
Headquarters