Universal Protection Service

Universal Protection Service Employee Reviews

Found 1,520 reviews matching the search
Not So Great
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 3, 2017
The days felt long because there was nothing to do. Management wasn't very helpful after about a year (once managment starting changing). A lot of times they wouldn't even tell you how to go about doing certain things at the site you were working at. You had to wing it a lot of times. Hardest part was trying to figure out what do with your time throughout the day. I worked with this company for 4 years. Never received a pay increase until I was relocated to another building (a month before I left the company). The most enjoyable part about the job was some of the patients, nurses, doctors and other workers I got to meet while working at the site I was at.
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
No increase in pay, bad communication with management, extreme boredom throughout the day.
Productive and fun Work Place
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2017
Management had poor leadership skills. Not enough pay. No benefits.No Personal Time OFF. This job is good job to start in the security field industry to gain experience. My co-worker was friendly. I learned how to work with others and follow proper security procedure.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Taking breaks on time
Cons
No advancement in the company, Low pay
Productive Workplace
Professional Courtesy Officer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 2, 2017
Love to work for this company, I get the benefits I need and the working schedule that I want. Great working environment, great people and most importantly great pay!
Was a good entry level security job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 1, 2017
Overall wasn't a lot of room for growth, in no way would you move up in ranks. Work/Life balance was terrible, they would purposely schedule you even on days you wouldn't be able to in order to meet their quota of hours instead of hiring more officers. Co-Workers were probably the best thing that came from this. The hardest part of this job was trying to avoid being written up, not because of us but because even if what you were doing was in good faith, its seen as bad in their eyes.
Pros
Good way of networking with city cops
Cons
hourly pay, scheduling, and administration
good, but not great.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 31, 2016
Good, but not great. management could have been better. Days were always the same, stand around observe and report. co-workers were great. hardest part was traveling to the other site, i worked two different sites 4 hours apiece.
Bad company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2016
In my experience they messed up my hours I worked, and could never get a regular pay check from them; there were always mistakes. It was a constant battle to get all my money owed me.
Security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19103December 30, 2016
Good place to work. Hours are good. People Are Friendly.
Benefits are good and opportunity to advance in the company is decent. Enjoy the staff I work beside.
Pros
Full Time
Cons
Need dependable Personel
could be better
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 29, 2016
This company had security services but was bought out by Universal protection services. over before it was bought out it was good job to hold but was losing a lot of post due to lack of solutions from the field managers
Transportation
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 26, 2016
Lack of transferring. Moved out of state. Notified my operational manager about the move in advance. Didn't successfully keep my job when arriving in Colorado. My information wasn't in the system. Operational Manager didn't call or even pick up so I could continue work.
good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working at this company because they always have worked around my school schedule , also loved the overtime
Communication/Advancement
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 25, 2016
Poor communication from office personnel to officers in the field. No consistency with annual pay raises or job advancement. I have, however, learned better organizational skills and to be very detailed oriented.
Apply if young,broke and desperate
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 25, 2016
Awful place to work. They cheat the client when officers don't show up to work and leave you working alone at night for a two man post. They don't answer the phone or return emails in a reasonable and professional manner. They hire anybody with a guard card and promote only through political favorites.They consistently screw up your weekly paychecks and if you complain about either. Say goodbye to your minimum wage job.
Pros
Quick hire
Cons
rude supervisors, payroll errors, no advancement
Lots of Alone time.
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 24, 2016
The hardest part of the job sometimes is staying awake.
Fire watch was the most challenging job. at times buildings fire alarm systems will break down. During repair which may take several days a security professional will stand guard at the panel over night.

Working for this company you will get to go to many different sites until you find one that fits you. In the process you will travel do empty old buildings, construction sites or very fancy residential and commercial buildings. You will also work all shifts depending on what becomes available.

You will wear a uniform and use radios, flashlights, scanners or other equipment as required by the different clients or their sites.

The most enjoyable side for me was working on residential properties as I got the opportunity to help residents with parking issues for example. Other people will complain about noise or other annoyances. Over all helping people and interacting with them solving their problems was very rewarding.

For the most part I worked alone and most coworkers were very pleasant or very distant reserved.

I learned a lot about surveillance and reporting.

Try to negotiate a rate that will suffice your budget. Hopefully if not immediately soon you can find a location that can be a steady schedule and provide a stable income.
Pros
Benefit package, flexible
Cons
Compensation is not that great, not easy to get in a stable position, lonely job
flexible schedule
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CADecember 22, 2016
Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no overtime
Easy job and people that work there are nice.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 22, 2016
A typical day at work involves hourly checks on lab temperaures.
Rest of the time watching cameras.
Supervisor is terrible.She doesn't take time to train us.
And, she is not very bright.
No chance for advancement.
Pros
Easy job.
Cons
Having to deal with the supervisor.
Good safe sites to work at
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 22, 2016
Good solid company to work for, professional atomosphere, excellent co-workers, good overall compensation, hours and availability, access to management and overall good company!
Pros
SHIFTS
Cons
NONE
Very supportive staff.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CADecember 21, 2016
I truly enjoyed the high quality officers they hired and I got to work with, The office staff was always friendly and helpful. I liked the sites they had available.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No sites when I moved to Murrieta
Great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 21, 2016
Great company to work for there is alot of growth with in the company and it will only continue to grow, this company has a flaw, it has the tendency to overwhelm the employee with work and work efficiency starts to go down.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
allied universal nope
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2016
decent pay, but please please bring a cup to pi** in! dont expect a bathroom break because you wont get it until a supervisor is able to fit you in their busy schedule sitting in the darn office all day. yeah right!!

i cant wait to find something better.
nothing
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLDecember 19, 2016
Was treated unfair at this job the HR always lien not a good company to work for would no more comment no more comment about this company and I worked for thi

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Protection Service. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8