Universal Protection Service Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,349 reviews matching the search
productive work place
Security Officer - Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2016
foot patrol
monitor cctv
report incidents,violation and service request
residential and commercial patrol
promoted to shift supervisor after six months on the job as security officer
Bad company to work for.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 16, 2016
Hire supervisors that think you should bow and kiss their feet, never hire anyone to fill open positions. Constant lying by supervisors and upper management.
Not a good company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 16, 2016
This company was brought out by Universal Protection services. allied barton is a complete job of a company. just like universal, they didn't care about the guards working the sites.
It was ok...
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2016
It was ok while it lasted, but I will say that there communication sucks because at the end of my employment there, it took me months after people stopped answering my calls to actually resign.
Pros
PAY.
Consistent and productive
SECURITY MANAGER, Rhodes State Office Tower (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2016
I managed a staff of 26 security officers in a downtown high rise building (the State of Ohio Office Tower). The company that I formerly worked for is contracted through the State of Ohio. A normal work day would consist of monitoring the 1st shift staff, interacting with the 3,500 state employees and on an average about 450 visitors on a daily basis. My staff and I provided a service of monitoring cameras, conducting building tours and security escorts for building contractors such as maintenance workers, mail delivery personnel etc. The security staff responds to building emergencies such as medical, water leaks, fire alarms or suspicious people expeditiously. Part of my duties is making the weekly schedules in advance and also conducting the weekly payroll for my entire staff. Interacting with the security staff on all 3 shifts 1st, 2nd and 3rd. My official working hours were from 8am-4pm but for a decade and a half I came in from 6am - 4pm that way I had a chance to start early on my duties and had time to spend with the 3rd shift security officers from 6am - 7am. I also worked with the 2nd shift security officers from 3pm - 4pm. The hardest part of the position was trying to make sure that everyone was happy and the most enjoyable aspect was all of the relationships that I made with the state employees (the client). In contract security there is always constant turnover and on lots of occasions managers have to pitch in and help out when there is a person down. The security officers in the lobby sign in visitors in what is called the easy lobby system. With the state of  more... the world the way it is today security has changed. Security officers are more aware of their surroundings now as turnstiles are being added into buildings such as the state building and medal detectors.  less
Pros
I really liked the hours that I worked.
Cons
I was vastly underpaid for the amount of work that I had to do and the benefits were terrible.
Interesting work environment
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDAugust 13, 2016
Job wasn't bad at all just management and/or supervisors are not understanding. My co-workers were awesome. Got free drinks and discounts at some places. Learned a few self defense skills
Productive and Encouraging Work Enviorment
Security Guard/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 12, 2016
I Look Forward In Coming To Work Every Work Day, Stable Career, Couldn't Ask For Any Thing More, Love My Co-Workers and Superiors.
Overall good job
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 12, 2016
I enjoyed it , was a simple yet important job. Management and crew were welcoming and friendly. The was watching and protection over a parking garage for the crowne plaza. I worked mid and over night shifts Wensday and Thursday 8pm-4am also Saturday and Sunday 12pm-8pm. I would have to answer calls in regards to helping people get in or out of the Parking Garage.
mediocore security company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAAugust 11, 2016
unskilled supervisors, seem to always be unreliable .
good job sites, unfair pay and promotion.
guards need more training as well as supervisors
Easy job! Poor management!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2016
The job in itself is very simple and easy. Just follow policies and you are good to go. management makes the job way more stressful than it need to be. This is for the mall location only. other sites i hear are great and fun to work at.
Pros
Rotating post every 2 hours
Cons
management
Great For Meeting New People
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Various post in Houston, TXAugust 9, 2016
My normal work day start with writing down my goals for the day and getting them accomplished. I listen to and consider all suggestions from my superiors and co-workers. The hardest part of the job ending the day with goals unfinished. The most rewarding part of the day is accomplishing what I set out to do.
Pros
fast paste days
Lazy management and back stabbing.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2016
No management skills whatsoever at the location I am at. They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. the client has no clue how shady the UPS management team is at this location.
Pros
my work schedule was perfect for me.
Cons
Site supervisor and assistant site supervisor do not have any management skill.s
Universal Protection Services
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 8, 2016
Working at Universal Protective Services I was a rover so I was consistently at different location which made the job more exciting to me because I got to learn different procures for different businesses. I learn how to check in trucks, check seals, trailer numbers etc... I got to learn how to properly use metal detectors/ handheld wands as well as how to perform pat-downs.
Pros
Simple Job
Cons
pays minimum wage, you have to call for work/hours sometimes.
Favoritism in the company accounts.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2016
They can save their favorite workers from getting fired but if you're not anything significant to your post commander, you're gone.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits
Very happy with co
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 8, 2016
Team work , Great happy to work for ,one of the best co here in the Coachella Valley,I invite my friends to apply.
Being late is just as bad as not coming at all.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GA (Site I work for in McDonough, GA)August 8, 2016
Working for Universal Protection Services has been a very nice, easygoing experience. They let you pick the schedule you'd like out of all of the available openings around your area and the shift you'd like, which could be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
Pros
Relaxed work setting; good pay for starting job.
Cons
No breaks, as far as leaving your post; work alone at some sites.
Can't rate Co never met that Person
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 8, 2016
My co-worker was the best. Didn't learn anything under universal .Most of the people in management barely came around.
Pros
Cons
Missing managerment, supplies and ect.
Overall not a pleasant place to work
Post Commander and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2016
Very dishonest group of people. Moves employees from post to post which makes your hourly pay fluctuate. I started at $20 an hour and got moved to a new location which I got paid $11 and then moved again and got $13.00. There's no consistency with this company and I was there almost 10 years. It was very hard to adjust to the fluctuating pay but also to the way the employees are treated. They are treated like dirt. Sadly I would have more pride working for McDonalds flipping burgers if it meant management and employees were more organized and treated better. Run for the hills and pass up the opportunity with Universal. I promise there are better jobs out there. Don't settle.
Pros
Some locations had very wonderful employees to work with
Cons
Micro managing and was treated like a child not an adult trying to excell.
Freedom for sparetime acivities.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Owensville, INAugust 3, 2016
The work was easy, Middle management was helpful. Co-workers were super friendly. Excellent training and curriculum, Looks very nice on a resume.
Pros
Lots of downtime while on the clock.
Cons
Rotating schedual. Upper management. Terrible pay.
Good Place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MN 55434August 2, 2016
I liked having a schedule that was constant. Everyday at work we switched every hour from walking, driving, and dispatching. It is hard working with such a short staff because the hours get messed up. I learned how to deal with the public and how to react in different situations.
Pros
great boss and half hour paid lunch break
Cons
Coworkers inexperienced and short staffed

2.8