Universal Protection Service

Universal Protection Service Employer Reviews

Nothing special
Security Officer (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: worked alone
Cons: work hours
A basic security job, no thrills. Worked from 11pm to 7am. No coworkers, and the managers stop by ever now and then. Staying awake with those hours are the hardest part of the job.
Fun
o Security Officer (Current Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: scheduling is pretty good
Cons: only get 30 minutes for lunch on a 8 hour shift
I love being around patients. I enjoying making sure that they are safe
USMC
Security Guard at SMU (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2014
USMC all ways a fun day and always a changing place to work. just want a place to have a famaly in due to always being gone.
perfect
Security Guard (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2014
working for thsi company was perfect never had an issue and loved the work always was on time and they were understandable
Excelent company to work for but management is incompetent
Field Training Manager (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 26, 2014
Easy Client

Learned a lot but management holds you back from advancing.

Co-Workers and subordinates are awesome people to work with but management is incompetent.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with incompetent management.

Training and watching other guards grow professionally.
Great Job Security/Advancement
Security Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2014
After being posted at a clients site i would report to site supervisor for further instruction. At the post i would observe and report daily activities in a DAR. I would also patrol the property for unauthorized personal entry to ensure property security and safety. Working At Universal Protection Services I learned that being focus and vigilant can be the difference in preventing accidents in the workplace.
Work in ER's and health facilities
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 17, 2014
Pros: little work
Cons: little pay, or time to do stuff.
A typical day at work is going in during some bizarre shift, and standing around in ER's or something similar, and waiting for something to go wrong. Then when it does, you make a bunch of calls and fill out a bunch of paperwork. Not super hard, but pretty tedious for the pay level.
The private sector can be a challenging and rewarding place to work.
Director of Security (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2014
Filled with wonderful people to work with, and it's great to go to work and not have anyone try to stab you! Oh wait, I think that did happen!
Great Company
Officer/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAAugust 11, 2014
Wonderful company to work for. Management easy to talk to and get along with.
Security Professional (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: traffic
Great working environment and customers made every day fun.
Good Company
Director of Security (Current Employee), Cumming, GAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: sites
Cons: all areas can be better
Overall Good Company. Management is Good Co workers are good.
Protect employees and property from theft and vandalism. Contact supervision on all events during shift.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: work not hard
Cons: low pay, no recognition for doing good job
Company was bought out several months ago. Typical day at work is low key. really have not learned anything that already knew. Management needs to communicate better. Co- workers are easy to work with. the hardest part of the job is the boredom at times
Awful
Security Officer (Current Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 4, 2014
Cons: everything
I work at Georgia Regents University as a Security Officer for this company. Universal Protection Service isn't a company I would recommend to anyone. It is very hard to get into contact with HR and they're incompetent. They do not work with you even if you let them know in advance about certain events. The work environment in the hospital is awful. The leadership is tactless, the lunch hours are variable, and they often treat fill-in officers as if they are less than the permanent officers. There are dozens of locations in the CSRA yet Universal Protection Service tries their hardest to put everyone in the hospital and keep them there. The pay is not enough to sustain yourself and live comfortably. This company is absolutely awful and many of the officers are waiting for the day they can quit. If you like a job where you sit all day then go for it, but you will not advance and you will deal with ridiculousness on a daily basis.
Good Company to work for
HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioJuly 30, 2014
Pros: able to make my own work schedule in the office environment
Cons: no additional overhead allowed and everyone is stretched to the limit with no releif in site
This a fast paced company. Growing by leaps and bounds. Not enough Support and resources for our office in Cleveland. Our company chooses to not let us add any overhead and everyone in our office is totally stretched to the limit with no additional resources allowed.
Benefits are great. My Division Manager is Awesome but we are not allowed to add to overhead.
Poor Professionalism
Security (Former Employee), Atlanta,GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: the actually sites are nice people
Cons: management
I only have experience with the Atlanta branch on Roswell rd.This company does not pay for the 3 day 9hr training. They do not really pay much, but they make it seem like it will 10 an hour. The management is Rude, they lack the proper customer service communication skills. They loose important documentation like copies of SSN, License, Bank statements, and Birth Certificates.
Nice work place but no Hours
Security Officer (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: lunch on duty
Cons: not enough hours
The people were nice and the clients were respectful. I was just not getting any hours.
Productive and professional work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2014
Wonderful place to work, lots of diverse that changes frequently
Its a fast paced work place, which I like because it keeps me busy and the day goes by fast.
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee), Cartersville, GA / Budweiser PlantJuly 24, 2014
Pros: we can take our breaks whenever we want.
Cons: the pay could be better
Typical day would be checking in all inbound and checking out all out bound trucks. Also setting up loads / Logistics. And doing a lot of customer service / human resources.

At this job I learned a lot about how Budweiser is ran and what it takes to be part of their team.

I have some of the best co-workers that make the day go by easy and make it a fun environment.
very disrespectful
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILJuly 16, 2014
the citizens and students were nice but the management has a nasty attitude and a very smart mouth meaning they don't know how to talk to other people like adults. co workers were cool. Hard part about the job was having to work with that company. Dont get me wrong i love working and my pay it was just i didn't feel comfortable working with negative people
Fun job Some oppurtunities
Security officer (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 14, 2014
The job experience is great for anyone that wants to start in the security industry its a good step in the door

About Universal Protection Service

Founded in 1965, Universal Services of America combines an innovative mix of tradition with cutting edge systems and technology – Read more

Universal Protection Service Photos