Universal Protection Service

Universal Protection Service Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,341 reviews matching the search
im am a site supervisor at a retail store i make sure akk the guards are doing what needed and make sure they are on time.
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2016
my typical day at work is standing at post checking customers receipt and making sure that the guards are doing the same .
Pros
getting alone with others
Cons
im not sure
N/a
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2016
Provide an amazing customer service and lifetime career. Interesting environment and fun place to work. Assist any workers with solving issues.
Daily work schedule
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10038July 26, 2016
Everyday is rewarding and challenging with next tasks to complete and new goals to achieve. Teamwork and communications are the cornerstone of any company where it is as large as Universal Protection Services or as small company with less than 20 co-workers.
Pros
Go place to learn on the job.
Cons
So may find it hard to adjust to the fast pace and overall work load.
Productive and energetic place to work.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 25, 2016
It was a great place to work with wonderful co-workers. The management was always right there to assist with any questions or concerns.
Strict military like conduct but fun at times
Line officer (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 25, 2016
i was hired at 40 hours and was promised it would be that,40 hr. but after about 6 months they cut my hrs to 24 to 32 and are none apoligetic about it saying that this just happens.
Pros
1 30 min lunch break and 1 15 min break
Cons
so much Drama
security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2016
i loved it was a great experience and growth..managers are very supported on needs and understanding my coworkers was amazing we had fun together we work and build together to make sure we got the job done most enjoyable time was workinh at the world trade daily news cause i gained alot and not only i meet a lot of people
Ok place to work
Private Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 23, 2016
Ok company ok pay just don't make enough to support my family.I would stay but pay sucks but the people I work with are nice people
Bad management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2016
Some times, when i had missing hours, i had to wait for several months to get those hours paid, the company does have allot of post, so you can find a post close to home, there is advancement opportunities as weel.
Pros
Plenty of posts where they can acomadate you
Cons
Bad communication from dispatch to officers
The same as the other
Security guard at Kremers (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INJuly 22, 2016
This was my first round with this company, so it was pretty much the same as the last round with it. I did work with different people. However, it was all the same.
Wonderful company to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 21, 2016
i absolutely loved working here i never had a bad time and complaints by the management just the plant i was working with was being money hungry snobs besides some people there
Pros
everything is good
unstable unorganizedenviroment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hanson, MAJuly 19, 2016
weekend shifts , 12 hour days , do enjoy the people , unstable scheduling,very unorganized
Overall its easy money but preferred employees are for those coming out of retired. not preferred for parent and this being the only source of income.
Pros
on duty meal plans
productive work environment
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2016
my day begins by checking in with all my coworkers to see how the evening has gone before my arrival, I then begin my rounds by checking all areas secured by lock only, followed by giving 30 min lunch breaks for all unarmed officers onsite. I then continue my rounds by checking all gates secured by access badge to ensure that they are functioning properly, followed by 30-45 min observation and report of every secured parking area on and offsite. i have learned that time management and attention to detail are two of the most important qualities for security. my coworkers are also learning this information more and more everyday. the hardest part of my job would have to be the lack of face to face interaction with others, it can get lonely at times, however the most enjoyable part is that i have the ability to self manage.
Pros
good hours, fairly flexible, overtime available
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Family friendly environment
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 18, 2016
I love working for Universal Protection Service. I have been employed with them for several years and I really and sad to have to move on but I feel that its time to expand my wings.
Poor Personnel management
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2016
During my experience with Universal, I was led to believe that the management was concerned about the clients and the personnel assigned. I discovered that was not the case when getting replacement personnel and emergency relief personnel.
I worked additional hours overtime to cover for personnel needing personal time and relief. I asked for management to assist and received little or no response for assistance.

*contract went to another company.
Cons
inconsistent answers, poor management, lack of assistance
Not the best Company, but It also depends on your site and management.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2016
I am an HQ officer and patrol office on different days. Patrol day consist of constant walking. Patrolling floors, calling into HQ and informing on floor to floor traffic and checking that all showrooms on the floor are secured and that there are no abnormal happenings, medical emergencies or fires. My office days consist of Recording radio traffic via computer, organizing files, dispatching officers to situations and location at various areas of the site.Advising emergency services in case of any, typing up reports and emails to property management, the director of security.

I've honed much of my clerical skills here.
Management is horrible at my site. Somewhat tyrannical. No fair investigation into subject. Clear and very limited favoritism toward many times undeserving workers. Usually bases hours and overtime on how much they actually like you rather than your work performance more than willing to cripple themselves to make sure you don't work. forced write ups based on hear-say with no real investigation.
Coworkers are surprisingly cut throat for a job with very little room for promotion.
the hardest part of the job is the actual people you work with. management is more than unfair, downright crooked even. Not knowing whether you could be fired at any moment.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the site itself. Its downtown Atlanta. There are several events that happen at this site. Tenants can be very nice. The site is clean and very well kept. its in the heart of Atlanta.
Pros
Great Site, two Breaks paid.
Cons
Bad management, pay can be low depending on site.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 16, 2016
Answering to customers in a timely fashion a typical day for work at me is 8 or 16 hours I usually do over time which is 16 hours my co-workers here are very nice we get paid weekly I want a job that's Monday through Friday my job is required for me to work Monday through Saturday I've learned how to keep things more organized at work I will learn how to work with other FedEx employees and other Universal Protection security officers
all of the management even the receptionist unprofessional
Flex Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2016
I was a current employee with universal but I quit because the management and even the receptionist is so very rude &UNPROFESSIONAL they bs you and bs you , they try to cut you short of your hours in your check, unpaid orientation, overbooked orientation
Cons
UNPROFESSIONAL & RUDE
Fun workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 14, 2016
I had fun working with them, they brought more security than I have ever seen. Universal protection services was a great asset to my job I had fun working with them
decription of my day
Registration receptionist checking in daily guest (Current Employee) –  888 brannan san francisco caJuly 13, 2016
clock on shift set up my desk start checking people in working with this company is a good start but want call it a career. the hardest part of this job is doing unwanted overtime
Great student job!
Public Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2016
I really loved the opportunity to work with law enforcement and learn a little bit about how police departments work. Learning codes and the radio, dispatch, and running security and courtesy check was always great and I had the opportunity to use a police SUV for security patrol. It was a pleasure to work with them as it was classified as a "student job" at my campus.
Pros
Plenty of hours available for students
Cons
working at nights can be difficult as a college student

2.8