Universal Protection Service

Universal Protection Service Employee Reviews

friendly enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: greeting people
everyone was friendly. It was an great company to work for. There was an good management team.
nice and easy work
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 1, 2015
foot patrolling. dispatching truck stop log in. cc/tv lobby watch. report writing. I was contracted to Work at Everest College as well. I've done a few different things while working for this company.
One of the Most Horrible Employers I have ever worked for!
Guard (Former Employee), Abbott Vascular Temecula, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: not any i can think of.
Cons: low pay, no support, who pays for their own uniforms?
I have done security work for more than 40 years and this company rates as one of the top worst I have ever worked for.
You have to pay for your uniforms which they deduct out of your check.
Supervisors and managers do not care about their employees and treat them like they're not people with lives.
You are just an asset to fill a position.
I have been part and witnessed other incidences where supervisors and managers will not back up their officers because the client is always right.
They will promote if you are a cute blond even though you don't know what you are doing.
Usually, If you made supervisor, you had about a two week life expectancy before you were moved out.
Great Work Site
Security Officer (Current Employee), Trenton, NJDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 401k and medical
Cons: i wish i was closer to home
My Supervisor is Great.Great company and Great. Working here is comfortable never anyone on your back as long as your work is done without any problems.
Good Supervisor to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: need higher wage
Company has steady employment but needs to pay workers a higher wage
Productive & Fun Workplace
Phone calls & Data Entry (Current Employee), Mckesson Inc, San Francisco, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: fun clients, co-workers
Cons: out of order/non operation elevators.
I have worked for Universal Protection Service since 2011. I've worked in builds 40 floors high, with various companies occupying offices on each floor.

On a typical work day, I sign in, and take over duties. This includes signing in/out personnel, taking phone calls, directing visitors to their proper destinations, patrolling the entire building, and reporting any unusual findings. I have been effective in stopping/preventing trespassers from utilizing the property, and have been a part of making the property a safe place for my clients.

I've never managed, but I've been a great supporter, able to understand the ins and outs of the property, and provide tours for those who request them.

My co-workers are serious, yet fun. They've provided a relaxing environment for me to work in.

The hardest part of my job is keeping intruders off the property. As simple as it is, you do find those who try and hide, to keep me from finding them.

The people have been the most enjoyable part of my job. I get to make friends, and have lunch with them, plan fun events within or outside the workplace. Building relationships with the clients has never been more fun.
Typical office building environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 24, 2014
Sign in/ out visitors, check employees for work IDs, and monitor cameras. Those who I work with are very down to Earth, and expect me to do my job. My supervisor is very understanding, but expects her coworkers to be on time and do their duties.
Great Working Environment
Security Guard (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILNovember 24, 2014
The company I am helping secure is a great working environment
Professional in some cases but the company wont give you any write ups, they will just romove the employee if the company doesnt want them there.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: provided clean uniforms and after a year with the company will give a bonus check.
Cons: the company will not give any write ups and just rome from site.
When I got hired with universal I was promises job security but instead after all my hard work and dedication I got removed from site instead of being wrote up or talked with. The company will give a bonus check after working with them after a year with them and the company will provide uniforms and cleaning service to uniforms.
This job could of been a future.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: nationwise company, bonus programs.
Cons: not enough support from upper management when dealing with insubordinate superiors, no recognition for 60+ hours weekly worked and being called in during off times, and during the midnight hours
Awesome Company to work for. Great incentives, bonus program. Best Part of this job was the people I worked with directly, my employees and clients. The yearly Christmas Party was the most enjoyable in Southern California. I was given the ability to wear multiple hats in my position and learn different aspects of the Security Industry.
Its a good job but not a career
Post Commander (Current Employee), Middletown CA,November 17, 2014
As a Security Site Manager the company has given me a lot of perks while at the site and allowed me a flexible schedule. However the quality of people hired has bad and when working and superving others you can imagin the diffrent factors you have to deal with. The company supports you to an extant but will burn you if they have to. In 4 years my site has not gotten a raise and everyone is a little down on that and the benifits are ok at best.
It is a good place to work but.....
Security Professional/Weekend Shift lead (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 14, 2014
This is a good place to work as long as you don't mind being in the dark about sudden changes.
By far a terrible place to work
Security (Former Employee), TucsonNovember 8, 2014
Cons: no lunch, no time off
Supervisors who think that the rules don't apply to them, then turn around and get you fired for something they approved, Most officers sleep on the job and don't take the security of the premises seriously, Employees stealing from the site they work on and blame the public. Supervisor asked me to give a random individual a ride in the company vehicle, and when I refused and said it was against company policy he told me not to worry about it, ect........ Very dishonest supervisor, GP
positive and nice place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee), laguna niguel, santa anaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: it was a nice place to work
Cons: i wanted to do something different, and increase my pay
I was a lobby ambassador in a high rise building, I helped people when they came to the building, monitored fire panels, checked elevators and emergency systems. I also patroled the area, checked doors, received and made radio calls, filled out d.a.r.s, and incident reports. Patroled and issued warning notices to cars in parking lot
Security
Receptionist/Dispatch (Current Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 5, 2014
• Greet and assist building tenants with suite access.
• Monitor incoming radio calls and surveillance cameras.
• Answer multiple phone lines and transfer to proper extensions.
• Manage check-in and check-out of all building visitors.
• Assist loading dock with receiving curriers and vendors and by checking for proper credentials and insurance
This is not a good company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), Long BeachNovember 4, 2014
This company is unorganized. this company do not give a raise and if they ow you money they will try they hardest not to pay you.
Fun Environment
Security Officer, Elanco (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 3, 2014
Great place to work if you like bouncing around from job site to job site. Most work is shift work. Most sites are fun and laid back. Nothing extremely hard.
Good work environment
Field Training Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: constantly busy
As a Field Training Manager for Universal Protection Service, you are expected to fill all last minute scheduling and call offs. I have learned a lot during my employment with Universal Protection Service, as far as scheduling and reporting systems.
Nice company but not low pay
Security Guard (Former Employee), Santa anaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: nice managment
Cons: low pay
I learned how to work with people, solving problems in a productive way and diffuse all of them
Very good company to work for
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 28, 2014
very good company to work for. Helpful with training and questions

About Universal Protection Service

Founded in 1965, Universal Services of America combines an innovative mix of tradition with cutting edge systems and technology – Read more

Universal Protection Service Salaries