Universal Protection Service

Universal Protection Service Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,300 reviews matching the search
Plesant and unpredictable
Vendor Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2016
I service vendor reps for surgery, Interventional Radiology and Cardiac Catheterization Labs. Each day working in the Vendor Registration Office is different, because it can be very busy day or it can be a slow day. I may have to get more approval for access to the surgical units than normal on some day.

I've learned how to be patient with difficult people, how to work under stress. I've learned how my attitude can make a differences in the way my day goes and that my attitude can change someone else's attitude in a negative or positive way,

The hardest part of my day is when vendors are not on the Daily List or the Frequent Flyer List and I have to web page the nurse for approval. What makes it hard is the vendor being impatient, not willing to wait until the nurse calls back with authorization that is needed before they can go into the surgical area.

The most enjoyable part of my day is beginning able to help someone else have a great, easy and productive day
Pros
working independently
Cons
healthcare
Unrelieable Management Team
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rockingham, NCJune 21, 2016
I have worked with Universal for close to a year and a half now and i have experienced first hand how underhanded this company can be. The management both at the supervisors level and above shows a blatant disinterest in the wellbeing of its officers. The pay is terrible and the hours are inconsistent.
Cons
Poor Management, low pay, long hours
easy to understand
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Quintana, TXJune 20, 2016
Was a good company and the fact that wages are paid weekly made it nice. Although the environment was not very good since it was a plant under construction and employees often came across snakes, coyotes and some wild animals.
Pros
weekly payment
Cons
hostile work environment
Security protection
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2016
The job is good but the pay is good for future advancement no benefits like medical, dental and 401 k plan. There are not enough hours.
Not the Best
Director of Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
Sacrifice their employees for the profit of the company. Management will not provide any feedback or performance coaching to managers. Will fabricate issues in order to justify removal from positions with no warning.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Support
drama
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Delphi, INJune 18, 2016
This company does not have your back, I loved my position and due to not agreeing with someone about terminating one of my employees I lost my job. No follow up done to verify situation.
Pros
loved my position
Cons
drama and management
wasnt bad for a part time job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2016
contracts with different business but pay was to low. was my part time job and its hours worked for me were I was contracted.
Pros
beneifit
Cons
pay was low
Universal Protection Services
Rover/Gate Guard (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILJune 16, 2016
A typical day is quite not very busy. I didn't really learn much you get the basics and nothing more. Management is hands off until something puts them under the microscope. Otherwise i see management maybe five times a year which is usually due to a issue with pay or requesting days off. The other employees are nice and helpful which they have to be since training is well i'd say mediocre at best. So you have to be very quick learner or be able to self teach since training can vary greatly, from 3 days for Rover to 6 weeks for CSSO. So the hardest part of the job is training really since because some people get 3 days and others maybe get a full 5 days of training. The best part is going home because at least at the location i was at they have you doing errands more then actual security and doing things security has no business doing, also the pay we made more then other locations as far as i'm aware $15. Examples are opening the clients warehouse on off hours and issuing parts and other items, which we have no training on how to do so, just make sure they fill out a paper and call it good, but sometimes it wasn't good and they would complain. Their in house fire department will call for us to pick up papers and take them to an office that is maybe 200 feet away in another building. I have been at the same location for about 6 years and have changed companies just as many times as i have been there if not more i lost count.
busy
Security Supervisir (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2016
keeps you on your toes. busy but with so many hours you don't have time for yourself. clean uniforms and good holiday bonus for everyone.
Pros
easy
Cons
no healthcare
Overall well run company
Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2016
Large company with plenty of options for advancement. Pay is good along with benefits.
Company is expanding everyday.
Pros
Room for advancement, Good Management
Cons
None up to this point
I have exsperienced moments and times where communication failed between security guards and upper management in which creates unwanted conversations.
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2016
I the company has a greater need to provide employees on the awareness of cultural differences; in order too better protect and serve our clients and employees who work at various businesses.
Good work experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2016
They work with your schedule when you have personal family concerns. The co-workers are amazing and they understand when you need someone to cover your shift.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
only certain job sites to work at
Security guard
Security guard (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 10, 2016
When I clock into work my job is to walk around the area to prevent any type of crime from taking place in that area. I also observe and report
Fun and productive
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2016
I come in to work sign in get my paperwork done turn my radio on get ready for work I supervise three security guards at amex.There is no hardest part but what makes it fun is the people we wokr with
Great experiance for future law enforcement
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJune 9, 2016
A typical day usually starts off with patrolling different sections of the mall and customer service. I have learned how to handle different situations that may arise as a security professional. I was trained in payroll, scheduling and hiring procedures.
Steadfast workplace with bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Delphi, INJune 7, 2016
A typical work day started with showing up to the scheduled position. Reliving first shift from their duties and starting yours. I learned you can't always expect downtime or a break, don't trust anyone at work, work is work, watch your back, don't vent about feelings or life. Management is ran by all family, which is not allowed. Also in which they are all on the same shift and in higher positions which clearly states in the handbook is prohibited. Co workers were alright depending on the shift. Untrustworthy though. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the continuous drama from management. Most enjoyable part was that it was stead fast.
Pros
Schedule, steadfast
Cons
Management, pay
UPS was a friendly company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 7, 2016
Worked in Hotel Hospitality, Soft profile security, the staff was great.
I worked special events, weddings, grand prix, NFL recruitment events.

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the guests who had had to much to drink safe and from disturbing other guests.
Pros
Trust and Responsiblity
Cons
Bouncer at the Bar
Good work place with room for growth
Security Information Center Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2016
Universal Protection Services, had just recently bought out the old company I used to work for, which was Guardsmark LLC. I do not really have a lot to say about the new company, but so far from what I do at the site I work at, I work in the Command Center. Responding to emergency situations, simple responding to client emails and also working the switchboard. I work with one other person in the command center as well. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with new clients every day.
productive good checking systems and daily lists of responsibilities
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 6, 2016
mastered logging system worked on computer logging checked doors and make sure everyone was in right area and many other duties
High paced and ever changing.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WA 99336June 5, 2016
I liked the high paced enviroment along with the opportunities for advancement. My boss had a vision he stressed to me to try and achieve and I tried hard not to disappoint.
Pros
Paid lunches.
Cons
Too much liability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Protection Service. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8