Universal Protection Services Employee Reviews

productive enviorenment
Post Commander (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Great company, always helped with your request and personnel were always professional. i like how their flexibility with employees always worked.
Patrol mall property
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2016
Patrol the mall property and check on all tenant spaces. Check on fire panels and water pump rooms. Customer service is our main concern. Make sure all customers were directed to the correct location and answer and questions they had about the property.
Pros
walking around greeting guest
Great place to work as a first time security officer
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Overall it's VERY easy but also very boring. You tend to work by yourself and most of your job consists of just checking areas and locks to make sure the place is secure and there's no kids in the parking lot.

Easy to learn, easy money. Money, however, is pretty low. They don't pay much but that's ok because it's an entry level position.
Pros
Simple, easy to learn, lunches feel more calm, stress free.
Cons
Tend to be night shifts, cuts into personal life, almost no weekends off.
Hospital
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Typical day at work was at the hospital walking around talking with the nurses making sure they are ok and just being nice having small talk then check on rest of the hospital to make sure everything is safe
Hard part of job having to put the homeless people out
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
break could be cut due to the lack of staff
Interesting job with lots of ups and downs
Swing Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2016
I had the opportunity to work at a mall where there was a homeless shelter across the street on an average day you would deal with homeless, drugs, theft,and medical emergence's. The staff is great and always have your back.
Pros
They pay for your guard card and the hourly pays not bad.
Contract Company for security
Patient Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 19, 2016
I was a part of the contract company and worked at baptist hospital
How to deal with combative individuals
How to utilize my self defense mechanisms
Co workers were nice and very easy going
Management was very nice
Pros
Easy days
Cons
N/A
Ups
Security Guards (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2016
Great people ,Great Environment, Great system, Everything is great really don't have to many things to say because so far they stuck to they word
Great Company
Security Officer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILDecember 21, 2015
I was Interim Director from April 2014- October 2014 During which time my Corporate Superiors were very helpful. They backed up many of my decisions relating to subordinates. My Regional Manager, HR Director were very helpful. I left in October of 2014 due to the Client contact being slow in rendering a decision about my becoming Director of Public Safety.
Excellent company Excellent post
My position is concierge (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2015
Company management, post management are both excellent
Co-workers and tenants excellent to work with.
Workplace environment- excellent.
Reason for leaving was the distance and travel time.
Great Compnay
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHDecember 11, 2015
Good Company depending on site location. Wonderful people. Learned new skill sets. Manger 5 employees. Stressful situation may be encountered.
Productive, but very repetitive and no help from UPS management.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 10, 2015
A typical day at work would be arriving at 6 am and unlocking doors/gates. Insuring the interior and the exterior of the building is secured. I would sign in through a phone provided by company and read updates sent by building management. Throughout my shift I would greet tenants, direct visitors to their destinations and constantly secure the building. Any non-tenants that were discovered I would relocate or remove them from the property.
Pros
paid lunch, consistent hours
Cons
no paid vacation, no real communication with management
Great environment and great work structure
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2015
Working on a fairly large property were I patrol the property and check on all retail stores. Checking parking garage to see if there are any improper situations going on. I work for a nation wide security company that is moving up to be the number one known security company in the nation. We have twenty personal who work with us. That is including our management. I enjoy working with all my colleagues and always learn something new including from my own supervisors. Customer service is our main priority so all customers feel welcomed into the property. I can say the hardest part of my job is staying in one area for more then three hours and being released to post in a new common area. Most enjoyable part of my job is being around positive people and always meeting new guest who come to the property.
Pros
Working in a positive environment
Cons
Staying late if an employee shows up late to their shift
productive
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  El Mirage, CADecember 9, 2015
Coworkers and upper management was nice. The hardest part to the job was not knowing if you would return home that day due to being an armed guard.
Good safe workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 8, 2015
It's kind of slow sometimes, but its not hard.The co-workers are very reliable and the job enjoyable for the most part. The managment is very good and the hardest part of the job is walking around at night checking trucks.
Promotions
MOINTERS AND SURPERVISE STAFF (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2015
Need more advancement options, Ive been here 2 years and would like to promote myself more. The company is ok overall they just need more positions so people can go up in ranks. I love the location where i work which is in downtown houston, lots of things going on during the and night.
productive.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2015
Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises
• Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
• Patrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates
• Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection
Pros
overtime.
Cons
healthcare, advancement
The most enjoyable part of the job
Professional Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 29, 2015
Fun work place with a supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Ups
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 22, 2015
It would be a great place to work if they actually spent time trying to build a better working environment the managers waste more time worrying about there job then helping the people under them. They always have a big turn around which makes connecting to co-workers impossible.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
terrible management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 19, 2015
Everything is awesome here. Nothing to complain about. You actually look forward to coming to work. You are treated very well and with respect here.
Poor company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 19, 2015
Not a good experience or job to work for, the management was poor, employess are unfairly treated, they work hard and arent rewarded. your treated like your disposable and no appreciated. They allow things to go on that shouldnt in the workplace.
Pros
good environment