Universal Protection Services

Universal Protection Services Employer Reviews

Great pay, Too many grey areas
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great pay and flexibility
Cons: hard to promote
This is a great job where you can chill at and go to school and make something of yourself without wearing yourself out too much. The management is willing to work with you if you need to call off for something but just give them enough time. If you are a military veteran you will have a hard time adjusting to the Standard Operating Procedures as some – more... of them don't really make sense or are not written that well. If you do something wrong and don't follow SOP's they will not have your back. Do NOT take the initiative in this job, they want you to solely rely on the control room to make all the calls for you. Just the way it is. Other than that this is definitely a great job to have for a while. Just don't get stuck here. – less
Busy Site, lots of customer interface.
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: pay rate, health benefits, management
Not the best company to work for but great for gaining experience.
Short Term Only!
Security Professional (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: low pay and poor management
No advancement, and since they are usually the lowest bidder for their services, the clientele are varied, to put it kindly.
ok security
Security Officer (Former Employee), san antonio TXSeptember 4, 2014
job easy and boring supervisors have so much to deal with other than you unless your in dire need
Easy going work place
Concierge (Former Employee), Torrance, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: nice and easy going tenants
Greeted each tenat with courteous. Monitored all cameras of premises. Recieved mail and distrubted it. Answered all phone calls. Call taxi cabs for tenants. Denied acess to unwanted guest.
Employment at ]Universal Protection Services
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: you meet great people from tenants to visitors
Cons: management, short breaks
The hours are there at certain sites, However they dont look out for the best interest of their staff. If something bothers you and you make a complaint nothing gets done.I requested a transfer and still don't have a secured post or hours. from corporate down to management its all over the place. its over all a very easy job its more so customer service – more... then security. you sit down all day. if you like doing nothing all day and enjoy being disrespected then this is the job for you. – less
ok
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
the pay is good but to many layoffs vey very far traveling place to place
Its a means to an end
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: indoors, safe environment
Cons: low pay, short breaks, bad benefits
A typical day at work can be sometimes very uneventful, my co-workers are pretty good but in all the pay is not good and management is slow to react to what matters to their employees.
VERY PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
Security officer (Former Employee), CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA., WALNUT, CA. & BREA, CA.August 17, 2014
I WORKED AT 3 DIFFERENT POSTS THROUGHOUT MY EMPLOYMENT WITH UNIVERSAL PROTECTION SERVICES. AT MY LAST POST, MY TYPICAL DAY AT WORK CONSISTED OF PATROLLING OUTSIDE PERIMETER, INSIDE PERIMETER, PREPARING RECEIVING & SHIPPING LOGS FOR PRODUCT ENTERING & EXITING WAREHOUSE. SECURING WAREHOUSE TRUCK WITH PLASTIC NUMBERED SEAL TIE BEFORE LEAVING DOCK. I ALSO – more... CONDUCTED PRODUCT INSPECTION ALONG WITH PAPERWORK FOR COMPANY DRIVERS WHO WENT OUT ON DELIVERY ROUTES. THROUGH OUT SHIFT I WAS MONITORING A TOTAL OF 12 CCTV CAMERAS & ALSO FILLING OUT A DAILY ACTIVITIES REVIEW SHEET. AT THE END OF MY SHIFT, I PASSED ON INFORMATION TO THE NEXT SECURITY GUARD WHO WAS ON DUTY FOR SWING SHIFT. I WORKED 1st SHIFT FROM 6am-2pm. I TRAINED THE SWING SHIFT (2pm-10pm) SECURITY OFFICERS WHO WERE SENT TO THE POST FOR WORK. I TRAINED A TOTAL OF 3 GUARDS FOR THE POSITION. ALL IN ALL I ENJOYED WORKING AS A SECURITY OFFICER PROFESSIONAL. – less
It is a typical security place
CSO/ Control Security Operations (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: always hours
Cons: all the tipical security job cons minus the pay
Typical procedures and typical polotics
Never feel a since of value as an employee
The reason why typically you stay is from some of your positive staffing members
Fun people, good bosses
Security Officer (Former Employee), Newark. Atlantic CityAugust 14, 2014
Nice and fun people to work with, bosses were always fair, Learned alot people working with people and the security industry. A typical day consisted of completing paperwork, data entry securing and patroling site. My enjoyable part would be talking with customers
Great security company
Certified Security Professional (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAAugust 13, 2014
Great company with promising advancement. The company is always growing, which provides a positive outlook for those who are at the entry level. The company has many properties associated with many prestigious tenants. The overall service is outstanding and is getting better every year.
Love my job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAAugust 13, 2014
Love my job and that my boss worked around my school schedule. Ill be sad to leave but excited about the future
work experince
Security Guard (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: cool work enviroment
Cons: people on skid row
My daily work schedual is great. I work with good people my co-workers ang nice and good to work with. On a daily basis we patrol up to 11 buildings each. and assits with LAFD/LAPD. we also do welfare checks. At my current post i work with the homeless and people who have been homeless for over ten years and know they have housing.
Security Guard
Security Guard (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2014
Patrol the premises and adjacent areas
• Direct traffic to and from the main building
• Perform safety inspections in order to flail off any negative activity
• Check identity cards of personnel before admitting into the building
• Investigate and report any nefarious activity
• Take necessary action on spot when needed
Key Accomplishments
• Trained – more... 20 new Security personnel – less
Great Place to learn security skills and get promoted
Security Technician (Current Employee), Tustin, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: dry cleaning, monthly raises, christmas bonuses
Cons: none really
A typical day is relieving the officer before you, the hardest part would be maintaining professionalism dealing with irate people, The most enjoyable part, is the stability of knowing you have a job and a company that supports you.
if you like working with people
Site Supervisor (Lieutenant) (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: unknown
if you like working with people who need help getting back on there feet this is the place to work
Temp Security Guard Job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 26, 2014
I did a dar report everyday of work, I clocked in by phone, I guarded and patrolled a store. I did loss prevention for the store as well. If the police needed to be call. I would tell the what happened and write and incident report. I worked alone.
busy working enviroment
Security Professional/Loss prevention specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 24, 2014
Pros: vacations, holidays off
Cons: a lot of down time, working lunch breaks, no paid time off
Great job, but I need a chance to grow. I need a job or career with purpose.
Nice Job in relaxing environment
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2014
Pros: convenient location from home.
Cons: no healthcare. not enough pay raises or promotions.
A typical day at the job is busy yet quiet. Not much manual labor to it.
Ive learned a lot when it comes to the public and customer service. Its best to deal with people always with a smile and calm demeanor.
Management is management. No good words. No bad.
My co-workers are decent bunch of people. As a supervisor Ive learned to focus on the good and – more... accept all flaws.
Hardest part of the job is knowing no matter how hard you try, theres just no pleasing everyone.
The most enjoyable part of the job is people. I love people. – less