Universal Protection Services

Universal Protection Services Employer Reviews

An active job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: holiday pay
A typical day for me consists of plenty of walking and lots of people everyday. I learned that learning new things at a fast paste helps you advance quicker. Helping other guards keep the post safe and protected from any intruders. The fun part of work was dealing with plenty of people making my job go by faster.
Quiet and productive job site , round the clock securing
SECURITY PROTECTION OFFICER (Current Employee), Fremont,CASeptember 15, 2014
Day worth of work consisted of, coming in at 12 am relieving swing shift officer, viewing pass downs, conduct 2 interior patrols, 2 exterior patrols, and monitor front lobby in between patrols.
I have gained a great knowledge of security, time management, slight building protection and maintenance. Field managers usually come over the weekends to pick up time sheets and offer any assistance needed. There are 4 other workers at this site, supervisor, and 3 other guards. together we provide security services 24 hours 7 days a week. Hardest part of the job dealing with multiple contractors at once, and the easiest part is the patrolling.
Great pay, Too many grey areas
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great pay and flexibility
Cons: hard to promote
This is a great job where you can chill at and go to school and make something of yourself without wearing yourself out too much. The management is willing to work with you if you need to call off for something but just give them enough time. If you are a military veteran you will have a hard time adjusting to the Standard Operating Procedures as some of them don't really make sense or are not written that well. If you do something wrong and don't follow SOP's they will not have your back. Do NOT take the initiative in this job, they want you to solely rely on the control room to make all the calls for you. Just the way it is. Other than that this is definitely a great job to have for a while. Just don't get stuck here.
Busy Site, lots of customer interface.
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: pay rate, health benefits, management
Not the best company to work for but great for gaining experience.
Short Term Only!
Security Professional (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: low pay and poor management
No advancement, and since they are usually the lowest bidder for their services, the clientele are varied, to put it kindly.
ok security
Security Officer (Former Employee), san antonio TXSeptember 4, 2014
job easy and boring supervisors have so much to deal with other than you unless your in dire need
Easy going work place
Concierge (Former Employee), Torrance, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: nice and easy going tenants
Greeted each tenat with courteous. Monitored all cameras of premises. Recieved mail and distrubted it. Answered all phone calls. Call taxi cabs for tenants. Denied acess to unwanted guest.
Employment at ]Universal Protection Services
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: you meet great people from tenants to visitors
Cons: management, short breaks
The hours are there at certain sites, However they dont look out for the best interest of their staff. If something bothers you and you make a complaint nothing gets done.I requested a transfer and still don't have a secured post or hours. from corporate down to management its all over the place. its over all a very easy job its more so customer service then security. you sit down all day. if you like doing nothing all day and enjoy being disrespected then this is the job for you.
ok
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
the pay is good but to many layoffs vey very far traveling place to place
Its a means to an end
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: indoors, safe environment
Cons: low pay, short breaks, bad benefits
A typical day at work can be sometimes very uneventful, my co-workers are pretty good but in all the pay is not good and management is slow to react to what matters to their employees.
VERY PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
Security officer (Former Employee), CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA., WALNUT, CA. & BREA, CA.August 17, 2014
I WORKED AT 3 DIFFERENT POSTS THROUGHOUT MY EMPLOYMENT WITH UNIVERSAL PROTECTION SERVICES. AT MY LAST POST, MY TYPICAL DAY AT WORK CONSISTED OF PATROLLING OUTSIDE PERIMETER, INSIDE PERIMETER, PREPARING RECEIVING & SHIPPING LOGS FOR PRODUCT ENTERING & EXITING WAREHOUSE. SECURING WAREHOUSE TRUCK WITH PLASTIC NUMBERED SEAL TIE BEFORE LEAVING DOCK. I ALSO CONDUCTED PRODUCT INSPECTION ALONG WITH PAPERWORK FOR COMPANY DRIVERS WHO WENT OUT ON DELIVERY ROUTES. THROUGH OUT SHIFT I WAS MONITORING A TOTAL OF 12 CCTV CAMERAS & ALSO FILLING OUT A DAILY ACTIVITIES REVIEW SHEET. AT THE END OF MY SHIFT, I PASSED ON INFORMATION TO THE NEXT SECURITY GUARD WHO WAS ON DUTY FOR SWING SHIFT. I WORKED 1st SHIFT FROM 6am-2pm. I TRAINED THE SWING SHIFT (2pm-10pm) SECURITY OFFICERS WHO WERE SENT TO THE POST FOR WORK. I TRAINED A TOTAL OF 3 GUARDS FOR THE POSITION. ALL IN ALL I ENJOYED WORKING AS A SECURITY OFFICER PROFESSIONAL.
It is a typical security place
CSO/ Control Security Operations (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: always hours
Cons: all the tipical security job cons minus the pay
Typical procedures and typical polotics
Never feel a since of value as an employee
The reason why typically you stay is from some of your positive staffing members
Fun people, good bosses
Security Officer (Former Employee), Newark. Atlantic CityAugust 14, 2014
Nice and fun people to work with, bosses were always fair, Learned alot people working with people and the security industry. A typical day consisted of completing paperwork, data entry securing and patroling site. My enjoyable part would be talking with customers
Great security company
Certified Security Professional (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAAugust 13, 2014
Great company with promising advancement. The company is always growing, which provides a positive outlook for those who are at the entry level. The company has many properties associated with many prestigious tenants. The overall service is outstanding and is getting better every year.
Love my job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAAugust 13, 2014
Love my job and that my boss worked around my school schedule. Ill be sad to leave but excited about the future
work experince
Security Guard (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: cool work enviroment
Cons: people on skid row
My daily work schedual is great. I work with good people my co-workers ang nice and good to work with. On a daily basis we patrol up to 11 buildings each. and assits with LAFD/LAPD. we also do welfare checks. At my current post i work with the homeless and people who have been homeless for over ten years and know they have housing.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2014
Patrol the premises and adjacent areas
• Direct traffic to and from the main building
• Perform safety inspections in order to flail off any negative activity
• Check identity cards of personnel before admitting into the building
• Investigate and report any nefarious activity
• Take necessary action on spot when needed
Key Accomplishments
• Trained 20 new Security personnel
Great Place to learn security skills and get promoted
Security Technician (Current Employee), Tustin, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: dry cleaning, monthly raises, christmas bonuses
Cons: none really
A typical day is relieving the officer before you, the hardest part would be maintaining professionalism dealing with irate people, The most enjoyable part, is the stability of knowing you have a job and a company that supports you.
if you like working with people
Site Supervisor (Lieutenant) (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: unknown
if you like working with people who need help getting back on there feet this is the place to work
Temp Security Guard Job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 26, 2014
I did a dar report everyday of work, I clocked in by phone, I guarded and patrolled a store. I did loss prevention for the store as well. If the police needed to be call. I would tell the what happened and write and incident report. I worked alone.

Universal Protection Services Salaries