Universal Protection Services Employee Reviews

The company doesn't care about its employees at all!
Security Guard (Current Employee), Augusta, GAApril 11, 2015
When I was hired, I was told if I needed a day off just to let the office know. That should have sent up a red flag! We are expected to work our shift every week and if we need time off we are expected to swap shifts with someone at our site, not incurring any overtime for anyone. Where I work, that's not possible because I work with all my co-workers. So, I can never have time off...
Enjoyable work environment
Security Guard (Current Employee), Shelby, OHApril 11, 2015
The people are a joy to work with. Great team spirit and team effort. The company as a whole doesn't seem to care to much about it"s employee's.
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 10, 2015
Supervised a group of professional officers, by instructing them of weekly duties. guided traffic to there destination. very good company and its consisted work.
Nice transitional job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Tucson, AZApril 9, 2015
Access control on a mine. checking in and out vendors and contractor. Co-workers make a good team and help each other. Nothing about the job is difficult.
nice place
Security Guard (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2015
good place to start, the people are friendly, my co workers are some good people. All are working to support there families. The hardest part of the job for me was not getting the proper pay raise.
management not very good and the turnover is very high
Public Safety Office/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDApril 7, 2015
Pros: lots nof overtime
Cons: there is no real advancement and company very unorganized
they have all of the malls so basically you patrol mall and look at close circuit television. Walk employees to there car
Structure
Security Officer (Former Employee), sacramento CaliforniaApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with
Cons: not enough hours and pay
Appreciated the great hours, but the company communication was horrible as far as dealing with their employees first hand, although the were some great people working on the team
It is what you make it.
GSOC Officer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Management
UPS is hit or miss!!! It's good because there are always security job to be worked (some better than others). The major downside is the management. From the first day I've worked here my paycheck has been wrong and they take up to 2 week to get you what they owe you.
This is a fun and productive company to be a part of
Patrol Supervisor (Current Employee), Brunswick, GAApril 3, 2015
This is a company where you can have fun but still maintain that work mentality. I have learned several new things about being a security guard since being hired. The management upper down to immediate supervisor is excellent. They practice and stand behind the open door policy and tend to each individual employees needs.
Good company
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 2, 2015
Pros: good uniforms, good sites, will work with you and good pay
Cons: pay out vacation and the main office turnover rate
Its a good company I just want better benefits such as disability and better health insurance and paid vacation instead of they pay you on your hire date x amount of money and you can take a day off when ever. I was us to taking a day and getting paid for it then and not when ever. I've got 6 years experience.
Mediocre Job
Account Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Poor communication
Room for advancement but poor quality of life. Always receiving work calls while off duty and company is not willing to compensate.
Professional Comapny
Supervisor, Security Patrol Officer (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAMarch 26, 2015
Woking for Universal Protection Services has taught me so much about being a security professional. I think the pay could be upped a bit but other than that it is a great place to work especially if you're just starting as a security officer. Management is great and always have an answer for whatever questions I may have.
productive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: exercise
Cons: when company was not busy
a typical day would be logging in trucks, working with client and drivers. management was good to me. the only hard thing about the job was truck overload on busy days.
Benefits not so good
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2015
co workers is alright to work with, all day on foot, you will received a lot of complaint from customers, its hard when its busy and there is a lot of going on
Productive company shipping and receiving.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free coffee and exercise
Cons: healthcare and few benefits
I really love my job. I enjoy meeting and talking people from all walks of life. It is interesting and educational. The winter and summer months are very challenging. My work day is pleasant because the people are helpful, kind, and knowledgeable.
Security Officer
Security Guard (Current Employee), san diegoMarch 10, 2015
 Ensure the safety and security for residents, visitors and property
 Keep accurate records of activity and conditions on property for reporting purposes
 Assist with general office management, filing, customer service & record keeping
not a lot of benifits
security guard (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 5, 2015
They didn't have a lot of benefits. There wasen,t a lot of room for advancement. The work wasen't very hard, no heavy loading . Overall Id rather work somewhere else.
Laid back
Security Guard (Current Employee), Cayuga, INMarch 1, 2015
The hardest part was not being able to see my husband I mean the over time was great but I was promised day shift when my supervisor got enough people hired in but was never placed back on days
Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: you can gain experience
Great place to work. I've learned a lot about security. Would recommend to a friend to apply with the company. Good environment, management takes priority in their work and their employees.
Poor work environment and unprofessional Management
Security Officer- Patrol Guard (Former Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Responsibilities for maintaining a constant visual of company grounds and patrolling on foot and by company vehicle, for any possible suspicious activity or hazardous alerts, fires, flooding, etc. Maintain and update log sheet reports, every 30-45 minutes in regards to assigned post duties. Other, reports include incident reports, security and fire alarm reports and vehicle damage reports as needed. Additionally, operate as customer service representative for company and location site employees in regards to inbound phone calls received and assisting customers with appropriate protocol in order to ensure customer service approval.