Universal Services of America Employee Reviews in United States

Better Security Company
Lead Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2016
An up and coming Security company whose site directors are both knowledgeable and friendly. It is one of the better security companies out there
Good starter company to work for security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 8, 2016
This is the first job after moving to the state of California. I never worked in security before so when I first started I thought a few of the problems I noticed actually were part of security I later found out they are not. A few times I got calls from FTM's asking me to work when I was already at a post and was told they didn't know I was already at post the Operations Manager had not told them I was put somewhere. At one point in working for Universal I became a rover and was put into a schedule permanently but still was considered a rover so I was only getting paid $10 a hour, and would still get calls while I was at the post to go work somewhere else. The biggest downfall of the company is the communication between the Operations Managers and the security professionals, or the Operations Managers and the Field Managers (FTM'S).
Pros
Get to work with awesome Field Managers, Some guards became new friends, Get paid weekly, Get overtime
Cons
Communication, Put you at posts far away from your home, Some guards were awful to work with and werent removed when they should have been
Willing to accommodate as conveniently as possible.
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Bell Gardens, CAFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day would involve going over the pass-down information. Ensuring all the safety guidelines were up to date. Assisting clients with any of their needs, answering questions, lending a hand whenever possible. Multi-tasking is something you will learn in this job. Co-workers are like any part of a job, they're there, so make the best of it. If you work together, you can handle the demanding pressure of this type of job. There is nothing better than when a client/customers thanks and praises you for a job well done.
too many hours, no raises, no bonuses, unsupportive managemnt
worker (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 29, 2015
unrealistic expectation to work over everyday and some Saturdays. Nothing done for employees. Too much politics. Management only care about their own pocket. No raises, no bonuses.
Pros
you get a paycheck
Cons
many
Could be better
Security Personnel (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 3, 2015
More training is definitely needed to provide consistent customer satisfaction and to accomplish company goal's successfully as well. Colleagues are very unprofessional. Some were a pleasure to work with. Management is falling apart.
Not a productive environment
Security Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2015
Security based environment in many locations. I did not feel I had the opportunity to advance. I did not expect to work at the company for four years.
Great Security Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 28, 2015
Great security company that will work around your school schedule and help you advance if your in the security field. Honestly it depends on your location which your site supervisor really gets to say what goes on and what he or she allows.
Pros
Able to advance and work around you
Cons
Takes awhile before you get a raise
Great Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2015
Universal Services was a wonderful company. I learned a lot from my peers at this company, their well organized with getting things done. All around great company if you would like to get your foot in the security industry.
Pros
Great job sites
Cons
pay rate is low
A Positive Security Company!
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2015
Can be a good company to work for based on what position you have and what post you are assigned to. Multitude of advancement opportunities if you work hard.
Pros
Management is supportive and always looking to make positive improvements!
Cons
Contract based work, if it is not in the contract or budget you do not receive it. For Example: vacation and raises
Run by Crazy People
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2014
Universal bought Allegiance Security in 2013. We were promised a check to cover our accrued vacation pay. Never saw it and the company gave me the runaround when I made inquiries. The site manager is a crazy person who constantly asks me to work for her when she has family issues. I ask for Father's Day off and I get told no, because she does not want to work on a Sunday. I have called out once in two years because of circumstances beyond my control. I have never been late and I have worked overtime diligently and whenever required, sometimes over 50-60 hours per week for several weeks running because the manager of the Tampa division will not hire anyone to cover when people quit. Which is often. I have been called in on my one day off, lost days off and done "favors" for the site supervisor when she wants time off. Have I seen a raise? No. Do I get thanked? I get a paycheck. That's my thanks. Does this company care about its employees? No. This is why I am seeking other employment.
Cons
excessive overtime. no days off. no vacation pay. no vacation!
Great place to work, very fast paced, multitasking a must
SENIOR LEAD AP SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Worked for UPS as company grew from $150m to a $1B dollar company expanding throughout the US with 120 branches. Had communication with each branch as well as Corp coworkers on a daily basis so follow throughs were essential. - Hardest part, keeping up with the 100-200 email requests a day from coast to coast.
Recreational activities
Agent (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 29, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of receiving inbound calls to help the client with understanding the products. After finding the need, I would enroll the prospect over the phone with asking the underwriting questions. Collecting the payment and verifying the information. Talking to people in the United States, helps me to appreciate the insurance industry and all it does to provide the extra protection for the clients.
Pros
connecting with people and providing information of concerns.
Cons
n/a
productive fast paced environment. Industry leader
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 9, 2013
A Security Industry leader. All businesses, even those that are non-related to the security industry, should copy their blue print of how a successful business operates. Constantly growing!
Pros
promotes from within
Cons
lack of personel to support the constant growth
Busy work environment, requires excellent customer service skills.
Visitor Reception Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2013
A typical day at work would start with guests that arrive too early and request to access companies that have not opened for business. My job was to make make sure that the guest was acknowledged and I would then contact a representative from the company as soon as possible. I've learned that people will listen to a person who has knowledge of how the building operates. I've learned that people like to be remembered and addressed by name. My co-workers often looked to me for information about various companies within the building. The most challenging part about my job was communicating with people who did not speak English, but I was determined to find out what needed by using my excellent communication skills to address their needs.
Pros
free transportation.
Cons
short breaks, standing for long periods of time, and poor management.
An exceptional comany for exceptional people
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2013
I've worked in the security industry for the past 10 years, and I have had both good and bad experiences. After only a short while with Universal Protection Services, in Downtown Los Angeles, I quickly realized that this is a company that cares about it's employees just as much as it does for its clients. The company culture is that of caring, respect, and motivation.

Universal Services of America Reviews by Location