Universal Studio Employee Reviews

fun work
TEAM MEMBER ATTRACTION (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2017
i loved my job in universal the fast pace, my manager where all great and the customer service exp was the most. I appreciate all they did for me and the pay + hours
it's fine
Entertainment Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 3, 2017
It has to be determined. I have only been given two shifts. Everyone has been fantastic. Universal training was incredible. I got a covered parking spot. They built a new garage for employees. I have averaged a 50/50 chance of not parking in the sun.
Fun Place to Work
Provide Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2017
I always had fun due to ambient of the Park and I was all over the park picking up money or Auditing the deposits as I was also Account Receivable and Revenue Accounting.
Pros
Carrier opportunity was always available even for part timers.
Cons
I relocated to Miami Florida from Orlando Florida.
Universal is a compassionate loving dedicated theme park
Personal Assitant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 9, 2017
with a kickass staff! They will show you just what professionalism is. And always keep the smiles on with happy days of work
Awsome culture
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 23, 2016
Universal is a fun fast paced work environment where it is your job to be happy and make others as well the guest. You meet and interact with people from all around the world and the company has ways of moving up in the company and treats its team members nicely and fairly.
Cons
rhers
Great Company
Management/Lead (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAMarch 29, 2016
Loved working for Universal. Definitely was a great way to experience retail through a theme park outlook. I've worked in management for about 4 years prior in shoe/fashion retail. It was awesome to see the different strategies used. However there was very little development after training and didn't really like the seniority over performance outlook. Of course loyalty should definitely say much about your work ethic and give you some way, however, that shouldn't be placed over performance and actually product. Understand that some people that have worked there for many years are only doing good enough. Externals could do you some good to hopefully help wake up/rejuvenate some old dogs.
Pros
Discounts, Free park tickets, health driven environment
Cons
Development, Seniority
fun place to work, fast paced, good coworkers
Scaractor (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I thought working here was great while it lasted, the opportunities were amazing and the perks made it so much fun to work harder. the incentive to work to the best of your ability was really great
Professional Hospitality Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2015
Making great memories with the guest you meet from all over the world in a great environment with themes that touch their hearts.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Provide a memorable experience
call banquet server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2015
Was able to say YES to most requests at Universal. It was wonderful to have that authority to make the guest expericene extra special.
Pros
fun place to wrk
Cons
older, slower servers
I love meting new people Universal Studio
Entertainment Coordinator/ Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2015
My job was the best job that I ever work in my life , I just enjoy making people feel good bout there self.

Pros

Opportunity to work in different areas throughout the parks, great management, flexible scheduling, great perks

Cons

Some managers can be difficult to communicate with making it hard to enjoy working for such a great company

Advice to Management

Overall, keep being positive and understanding of the workers because it makes it fun to work there making it easier to
Pros
Meet new people Every day
Cons
no con for me
i was a cashier
cashier/food court (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2015
I had to prep for food for the food cart outside the park. I learned you have to have speed while working at a food cart.it was hard keeping up the place
Productive and fun
Attnd, Attractions (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2014
A typical day at work is having fun with the guests.
I learned to give the best customers service.
I've manage to handle situations without the need to call a supervisor.
We work as a team and we always help each other, we are like a great big family.
When we can not satisfy all the guests.
Knowing that the guest had fun.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No Healthcare if your part time
Summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 16, 2013
Coaching. The LA PC provides feedback to associates on the team regarding daily operations, customer focus, and accuracy. He or she captures and shares associate strengths and areas for development in an effort to provide feedback to associates to aid in their growth and development. The LA PC identifies and shares associate performance feedback with the LA Team Leader to be used by the LA Team Leader in the performance management process. Finally, he or she works with the LA Team Leader and the extended team on LA staffing and work allocation for both current requirements and future planning.
Unreliable
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaSeptember 9, 2013
I ran one of the biggest attractions @ Universal. If the ride was delayed or needed to be fixed, I had to entertain the customers. Management would never advance you because they could only employ so many full time employees and all the rest are part time.
I waited for years to be full time and never happened, so I left.
The hardest part of the job is being told you are next on the list to be made full time and it never takes place, plus the fact in February the lower your hours to practically nothing until business picks up again in the spring.
I loved the job and entertaining.
Pros
It is a happy place with great people visiting
Cons
No job security..
geart work place
Park Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2013
learn how to use high reach machine, pressure washing. Get along with my coworker. You can talk with your manager and they always have time to hear what's on your mind. that hard part of my job is been in that sun all day. You get to experience and see that park, see different people from all over that world.my family gets to enjoy a day in that park at no cost to me.
Pros
Great healthcare.
Cons
working out side, ran or shine
Helping Guest
Runner / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2013
Helped guest with entrance to the parks, directed them to the areas they were looking for. Trained new coworkers so that they would be able to assist guest.
Pros
helping guest to have a great day and a life time good memory
Cons
working in the cold or wet weather
About my days
Busser/Steward (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2013
Typical day at work:well um its busy everyday so we gotta work as fast to keep the guests happy do whatever we can to keep a smile on thier faces.
What you learned:i learned the history of universal and how to deal with the customers.
Your co-workers:well i dont really talk to the co-workers like that cause but they seem pretty cool and dedicated.
The hardest part of the job:dealing with angry customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job:getting paid,meeting famous people and riding the rides.
Pros
get $3.00meal tickets for lunch
Cons
breaks is 30mins
ensure that the customer find their way around the park
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2012
guide customer around the park, answer what and working as a team
Pros
different every day and working with people
Cons
too far to drive the home town of my wife.