Universal Studio

Universal Studio Employee Reviews

Professional Hospitality Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Short breaks
Making great memories with the guest you meet from all over the world in a great environment with themes that touch their hearts.
Provide a memorable experience
call banquet server (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2015
Pros: fun place to wrk
Cons: older, slower servers
Was able to say YES to most requests at Universal. It was wonderful to have that authority to make the guest expericene extra special.
I love meting new people Universal Studio
Entertainment Coordinator/ Guest Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 7, 2015
Pros: Meet new people Every day
Cons: no con for me
My job was the best job that I ever work in my life , I just enjoy making people feel good bout there self.

Pros

Opportunity to work in different areas throughout the parks, great management, flexible scheduling, great perks

Cons

Some managers can be difficult to communicate with making it hard to enjoy working for such a great company

Advice to Management

Overall, keep being positive and understanding of the workers because it makes it fun to work there making it easier to
i was a cashier
cashier/food court (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2015
I had to prep for food for the food cart outside the park. I learned you have to have speed while working at a food cart.it was hard keeping up the place
Productive and fun
Attnd, Attractions (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: no healthcare if your part time
A typical day at work is having fun with the guests.
I learned to give the best customers service.
I've manage to handle situations without the need to call a supervisor.
We work as a team and we always help each other, we are like a great big family.
When we can not satisfy all the guests.
Knowing that the guest had fun.
Summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 16, 2013
Coaching. The LA PC provides feedback to associates on the team regarding daily operations, customer focus, and accuracy. He or she captures and shares associate strengths and areas for development in an effort to provide feedback to associates to aid in their growth and development. The LA PC identifies and shares associate performance feedback with the LA Team Leader to be used by the LA Team Leader in the performance management process. Finally, he or she works with the LA Team Leader and the extended team on LA staffing and work allocation for both current requirements and future planning.
Unreliable
Technical Operator (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: it is a happy place with great people visiting
Cons: no job security..
I ran one of the biggest attractions @ Universal. If the ride was delayed or needed to be fixed, I had to entertain the customers. Management would never advance you because they could only employ so many full time employees and all the rest are part time.
I waited for years to be full time and never happened, so I left.
The hardest part of the job is being told you are next on the list to be made full time and it never takes place, plus the fact in February the lower your hours to practically nothing until business picks up again in the spring.
I loved the job and entertaining.
geart work place
Park Services (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 5, 2013
Pros: great healthcare.
Cons: working out side, ran or shine
learn how to use high reach machine, pressure washing. Get along with my coworker. You can talk with your manager and they always have time to hear what's on your mind. that hard part of my job is been in that sun all day. You get to experience and see that park, see different people from all over that world.my family gets to enjoy a day in that park at no cost to me.
Helping Guest
Runner / Trainer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2013
Pros: helping guest to have a great day and a life time good memory
Cons: working in the cold or wet weather
Helped guest with entrance to the parks, directed them to the areas they were looking for. Trained new coworkers so that they would be able to assist guest.
About my days
Busser/Steward (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: get $3.00meal tickets for lunch
Cons: breaks is 30mins
Typical day at work:well um its busy everyday so we gotta work as fast to keep the guests happy do whatever we can to keep a smile on thier faces.
What you learned:i learned the history of universal and how to deal with the customers.
Your co-workers:well i dont really talk to the co-workers like that cause but they seem pretty cool and dedicated.
The hardest part of the job:dealing with angry customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job:getting paid,meeting famous people and riding the rides.
ensure that the customer find their way around the park
Ambassador (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2012
Pros: different every day and working with people
Cons: too far to drive the home town of my wife.
guide customer around the park, answer what and working as a team