Universal Studios Hollywood Employee Reviews

You have to be a character to work here
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CADecember 12, 2017
Typical day, walking in behind Frankenstein or serving lunch to Lucille Ball. You never know what fun you'll run into at work. Fun environment and great people to work with. You must be very punctual while working here, There are perks to working here. As long as you do your job and know that there is a professional time and a fun time, everything will be a great time. Honestly a great work experience aside from the few crooked managers.
Pros
employee preview nights
Cons
You can never have more fun than the guest
Fast paced and lots of people from around the world.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CADecember 12, 2017
A typical day at work consist of non stop guest interactions with people around the world and lots of language barriers. I've learned a lot from this company, more so of how to properly be treated. Management is great they work with school schedules and also give you time off when needed. The work culture is very friendly lots of people from all over work there and they are all usually hard working and kind. The hardest part of the job is standing around or running around the park through crowds of people answering lots of questions and multi-tasking people at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting families and children out to ensure they have a great time within Universal Studios.
Pros
two breaks and a lunch, and free entry to the theme park.
Cons
Can sometimes be difficult to get to work do to high volume of traffic around hollywood.
Challenging and comptetive place to work!
Team Leader, Baker (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CADecember 6, 2017
Was provided a lot of guidance & techniques for the job. Great people when needed help or answered any question when learning. It is very competitive so must be very fast pace!
I want to have a job where I'm happy at and be given the chance to work at my field
Cashier/Valet Runner (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CADecember 6, 2017
I would love to work in a good work environment where I'm given the opportunity to move up and given the chance to work on my dream, Universal Studios I'm having hard to pursuing my career and no one is giving me the chance on working on my career
nothing bad, good experience
Maze Host (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CADecember 6, 2017
hours were alright, could have worked more, hardest part was the shuttle system, had to walk some of the time down to the work zone, some times it took longer than 20 minutes to get to the work place, which some of the time would be bad for people running late, most of the time, the best part was interacting with the guests, other than that, breaks were more enjoyable than that, the only thing to learn from the work there is that you need to be a hard worker and manage your time proficiently.
Pros
discounts
Cons
breaks were not routine, long times between breaks
I loved it here
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CADecember 1, 2017
This was honestly one of the best jobs ive ever worked. I love it so much that I would actually go back working here if I lived in Hollywood again I loved the management the employees just everything about this place.
Amazing Place .
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 29, 2017
Working at universal as a tour guide is amazing. The team is very helpful and the management works with you. Seeing how the movies are made and watching the guests when they experience a animation is amazing as well.
Pros
Discounts, Movies, and Guests.
Cons
No Hours.
Productive place to work at
Parking/Toll Booth Attendant (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CANovember 29, 2017
You are the guests first encounter. Deal with customer service and Point Of Sale with parking. Offer guests options on where to park and provide other details if requested.
Amazing co workers, terrible management
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CANovember 26, 2017
Working at Universal Studios was an okay experience. After two years of work, I saw three different management teams in charge of my attraction. The people I worked with were the reason I worked there for the time I did. The most perks I got were my annual complimentary tickets (6 a year, 12 after 2 years) and access to preview any new attractions or events in the park.
Great team to work with.
Sr. MicroStrategy Architect/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 26, 2017
Good work life balance and opportunities to learn and develop skills.
Great team to work with.
Productive and relaxed
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CANovember 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at universal Studios. My co-workers and managers were amazing and very helpful. It was a fun environment to work in. I was able to get in the park for free just by showing my badge. They printed my name on my ticket.
fun place to work at
Scare Actor/HHN operations (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CANovember 21, 2017
Best place to work very fun exiting co workers an feel like part of the universal family. Working for seasonal time at universal was really fun , i worked Halloween Horror Nights 2017 and it was the best first time worker at universal and also hoping to return as a full time employer.
Just Fun and competitive.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 15, 2017
Great job for college students very fun. Opportunities for advancement are very competitive. During slow season it's hard to get hours people with higher seniority have guaranteed hours.
Pros
Fun, food, bumping into Hollywood famous people.
Cons
Union fees, low hours during slow season.
Pay is low. Environment is fun. Outgoing people encouraged. Customer Service expertise preferred.
Maze host and maze actor, (Former Employee) –  Lower lot sound stage near back lot.November 12, 2017
I worked on a temporary basis twice during the busy Halloween season. I loved working there. The hardest part was that I couldn't always find transportation to the work location within the park/studio. It's very spread out there. A lot of walking long distances. pay not that great. Overall I would give it 4 stars just because it's such an interesting place to work. Hard to live on the low pay. Great second job or pocket money job. Not a place for introverts.
Pros
Movie Studio/theme park perks. Nice people working there. Great food.
Cons
low pay temporary employment. Too much hiking from upper to lower lot and back.
fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2017
working here is like working at a theme park.... Oh wait! the job is a theme park. very fun. treats employees fairly and greatly. will be comming back ASAP
Good company
Video Editor/Producer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2017
Relatively easy to move up as long as you show passion for your work.
Cons
Can be quite bureaucratic and distant at times.
Flag as Inappropriate Flag as Inappropriate
productive workplace
Food Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 6, 2017
Working for universal Studios Hollywood has been a great experience for as an individual. Hours are great during peak season and around holidays but after that projection goes down and hours are based on seniority. I have learned to be patient at this job. The workplace is a great environment to learn and be yourself. Th hardest part is remembering where everything in the park is, such as the nearest bathroom or first aid. the most enjoyable part of working here is to know you help make people have member-able day they will never forget.
Great Place to Work!
EVENT STAFF (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2017
The management staff gives you the tools and encouragement to succeed. The staff has a genuine camaraderie that translates into an enjoyable and rewarding working experience.
Pros
Free Lunch, Discounts all over Los Angeles
Great culture
Retail Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Universal Studios, Hollywood, CAOctober 24, 2017
Overall great place to work. Fun environment. Great being able to make a guest experience better and memorable. The culture is really inviting and the benefits are great as well the many discounts given on the hill.
benefits
Cons
hours can be long
Overworked
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAOctober 13, 2017
Too much work for minimum wage. physically exhausting and did not give me enough time to do anything outside of work. If you work here you will not have a social life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Studios Hollywood. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2