Universal Studios Hollywood

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee Reviews

Good for people working a long time
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 4, 2016
This job is all about seniority and if you recently applied you would barely get any days till the busy season.

The job itself is very fun and people usually enjoy working with each other. It is a fun job for someone of the ages 18 to 25 in my opinion as that is the age range mostly found there.

Management is also very nice and understanding and they are good people. Co-workers are also fun and it's easy to become friends with them.

The hardest part would be to keep in mind this all works on safety. It is a job where you have to stay on your feet literally because any mistake can cost you the job.
Pros
Free entrance
Cons
short breaks, barely any days
It is just a great environment to be in.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAJanuary 28, 2016
The stores always get full at random times and it is the employees responsibility to be ready to be on our registers. I have learned that the coworkers are very friendly people and we help each other out whenever anyone might have a question or need any assistance. Management is a key to success and the workers are on top of their tasks and provide the best environment. My coworkers are great, I love meeting new people every time I work because it just shows me that we are all there to help the guests and provide the best experience. The hardest part of the job would be commuting from a distance and making sure to get there on time and changing to my uniform with a timely management. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all types of guests and hearing different accents. I have grown as a person because of this job.
Pros
get an employee discount, get in the park for free
Cons
it is far from home
great people to work and grow with
various positions (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAJanuary 21, 2016
got to meet a lot of great people, learned a lot, met people from all over the world. managers were very relaxing, the only thing was guest complain for the littlest things.
Pros
health care, great people, great pay
Cons
complains
Fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 20, 2016
company gave a lot of hours. Friendly and professional environment. Had to stand on feet for a long period of time. Job is very fun in practice.
Fun fast paced worklace
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Always had a good time on the job all the co workers were helpful and supportive. The management team was also always there if you needed guidance with the work that was asked of you.
Amazing place to work at
Cook (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAJanuary 10, 2016
I'm always happy and energetic to come to work especially when I see our guests at the park, I put in hard work everyday I go to work and I always leave with a smile in my face at the end of my shift.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
36 min break and Benefits
Fun place to work
Performer/ Ride Operations (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Supervisors are always attentive to the needs of not only the guests, but the employees as well. In addition to opportunities for growth, I was able to establish friendships and good working relationships with other coworkers.
Pros
Opportunity for growth.
Cons
None.
The company Is Improving in terms of the employer-employee relations
Warehouse Clerk/Lead (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CADecember 30, 2015
For a very long time the company has been difficult to work for, the responsibilities and duties that we are asked to perform are within our capacity as employees and the training that is given is adequate but it is dealing with management that proves to be the most difficult aspect of the job. More often than not management really hinders the employees from performing their jobs to the best of their abilities. But with the Comcast acquisition of the company there has been a move to providing better training for management where they can really assist the employees than hinder them
Fast paced environment
Food Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CANovember 10, 2015
Great people, but I felt like management was very disorganized. The labor was intense on the hotline and at cashier's but I developed great skills in a fast paced environment
Job summary
Retail Clerk/Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 7, 2015
Constantly hiring new employees so there isn't a lot of work days assigned and when there is, most of the time it's a late shift. Besides that, it's a fun place to work, you gain a lot of customer service skills and your entry to the park is free !
Pros
Free park entry
Cons
short breaks, low pay checks and not enough work hours
Memorable working environment.
Retail cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 5, 2015
A typical work day at Mother's Nutritional Center consisted of stocking fresh produce and organizing other merchandise on shelves and cashing WIC vouchers for families. It was a great pleasure knowing that I was contributing to helping mother's and there children with healthy foods. A big part of the job were the "carry-outs" in which I transported groceries to the customers vehicle. Management was very dedicated and responsible in making sure that work flow maintained steady and pleasant. Working at mothers taught me to work together as a team by communicating and getting along well with my co-workers. Although it was a busy store I learned to push myself and keep a positive attitude at all times. That was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job: the challenge. I loved my experience at Mother's Nutritional Center!
Pros
Fresh Produce. Flexible schedule. Friendly environment
basic rerail
Park Services (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAOctober 15, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Great growth opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work If you have an open work ability. If you like to work under Union (where everybody gets paid the same even if you work more or harder than everyone else in your team). Perfect place if you are a seasonal worker and like to work holidays.
Pros
Employee Perks, discounts, freebies, employee events
Cons
Limited to non line employee development, no raises base on performance and Union affiliation
Productive workplace
Matron (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAOctober 7, 2015
This job was very fun.
It was very important to work as a team because of the hard labor.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the environment and getting into the amusement park for free.
Pros
Free admission
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Experience
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAOctober 6, 2015
Fun place to work, learned a lot and got to meet tons of new people. They taught me a lot about customer service,and how to handle irate customers. The management team was very supportive and their door is always open.
Working as a Guest Services
Guest Services/Admissions Host (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CASeptember 30, 2015
I worked here for more than 2 years now. Typically, I had to go there at an advance time of around 2 hours due to the distance, but I did that willingly. While the work environment can be a struggle (in terms of some co-workers and the guest's needs at times), that has its positive traits. But the one thing I can say that's a huge is seeing that the services that was provided was something that the guest needed. Putting time to find the solution was something that I liked to do, especially if they are having a bad day and this could turn something for the better.
Pros
Managers are excellent
Cons
Distance with little pay
Fast pace and fun
Team Leader (LDFOH) (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CASeptember 26, 2015
This company is fun and has amazing benefits. Always offers competitive pay. However the more you move up the less they work with your school schedule. This is a great job if you want to be seasonal or make this place a career. However you work with over 4,000 people which can be fun, and you can go to Universal whenever you like, You even get employee previews for certain events.
Pros
Free Lunch, Healthcare
Cons
Easy to let some one go.
Fun. Very fun
Studio Guide (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CASeptember 9, 2015
I was a Studio Guide. The process to become one was arduous, but well worth it. I would entertain and inform many of the park visitors.
Pros
Worked only weekends.
Cons
It was seasonal
very fun work environment I mean its a theme park!
parking lot attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles C.A.August 20, 2015
Very fun work place with descent management. I wasn't there very long but so far so good. I do feel as though discipline towards certain employees and certain situations should of been enforced more rather than favoritism. I also felt as though our pay/compensation/benefits should be way more than what is received. I mean we do stand all day in any whether condition and have to deal with a variety of guests/personalities, but other than that no complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people everyday. Everyday was challenging and brought something different. I was very excited and happy for the opportunity to work there. Sad that my time there was short but if given the opportunity to go back I would gladly do it again.
Pros
good discounts, and opportunities to move up.
Cons
little pay, no benefits.
Fun place to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAAugust 9, 2015
It's a good place to work. Great benefits, Great management. Nice opportunity for advancement. They offer alot of extra perks that make it even more fun.

4.2