Universal Studios Hollywood Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at!
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAFebruary 20, 2017
getting along with everyone and making the guest happy is what its all about. You get to interact with the children and make sure they have a great day at the park. You always should be in a good mood in order to put the guest in a good mood.
Fun workplace
Food Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Working at a park already sounds fun. Universal has great offers for their employees. Even though they have a low pay, you get a lot of hours, a lot of overtime.
productive and fun workplace
Turnstile assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of me checking the guests tickets and letting them get inside the Park. It was a very laid back work place and all the employees and management got along
N/a
Makeup Artist/Production assistant (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Fun place to work. Parking is kind of a hassle. Great coworkers but I honestly feel they hourly pay rate should be more. I have been here for almost 3 years and I feel like I've grown as a person and I've learned so much.
Universal Studios Hollywood
Retail (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Well i'm not going to lie, other than working at Harry Potter, I was also working in the Parking Lot. I learned a lot at Harry Potter but in the parking lot I didn't learn much because all I did was stand In one place & point in one direction. But although I did learn how a lot of people will try to scam you in Harry Potter with the cash register by giving you bigger bills then retreating with smaller bills, and then trying to make you give them more money than they gave you. So I can tell when someone is trying too scam you. The Hardest part of the job was trying too follow up with the people who trying to steal items in the shop. Although the best part of the job was talking to customers & co-workers.
Pros
Interacting with people
Cons
Negative people trying to scam you
Sucked
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Job was terrible! felt like I was walking on egg shells the whole time. Union reps was terrible and was best friends with managers overall hated my time there.
Not too bad
Cart Attendant (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CA 91608February 3, 2017
Its a good job with benefits if youre there for at least 2 years. will just be seasonal when you start. Have to be good with people, since it is a theme park.
Amazing
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Great place to work, had an amazing time. Would high recommend this job to anyone who wants to work full time or part time. Great perks and good people!
Proactive And Fun Place To Work
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Proactive And Fun Place To Work. Great habitat to work In. Is A nice Work Environment. A typical day At work is working hard to making sure all the guests have a great time on there visit to Universal.
Pros
Good Customer Service
Cons
Sometimes Guests Are Rude
Fast Paced Environment & Interesting People
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE & LEAD (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2017
A typical day at Universal as a lead is putting in crew members, managing their breaks and lunches, keeping up with their tasks and making sure they're where they're supposed to be. Along with these simple tasks comes managing separately assigned projects and dealing with frequently angry or upset guests. Overall the management is very attentive and friendly, if not sometimes scatterbrained, there is ample opportunity for career advancement (many managers and higher ups started at the sales rep position), and most of the people I work with are friendly and nice.
Pros
Easy to rework schedules, paid sick leave
Cons
Hard to move from part to full time, few benefits for part time staff
Fun place to work
New Hire Orientation Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 24, 2017
The teachers were great, the kids were eager to learn. It was a pleasure to tutor there because i remember struggling in my math at a young age, and it was nice to see the students understand a little more each day i was there to help.
fun place to work meet a lot of people
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2017
a day working at universal was always busy but always fun seeing people having fun and getting discounts was great. Although i enjoyed my time at universal the hours were not so great at least not for me.
Pros
discounts, free tickets to the amusement park
Cons
low hours and the union is no good.
loved working here
Food Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAJanuary 8, 2017
depending on the time you start it was kind of hectic but fun everyone was so nice and friendly the atmosphere was awesome very high energy management was wonderful I always saw them helping out on the floor the best part of working at the theme park was the different restaurants you work at
Pros
free lunch and entry to the park on days off and a ton of perks and its a union job with benifit s
Cons
park is not alway busy so sometime you get short hours
Nice Place to Work
NBCUniversal (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Cashier job is not too stressful while busy enough to not become boring. I learned how to use a cash counting machine. Managment is decent, there are monthly check-ins to rate performance. Co-workers are locals with multicultural backgrounds, skills, and talents. Generally friendly cool enviroment. Cafateria offers variety of foods, clean, and affordable. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job for me was navigating through the park. It can be pleasant to difficult depending on the task you are trying to accomplish. For example if you are delivering cash to the vault and are stopped by tourist for friendly directions it is difficult to provide customer service while adhering to safety rules. However if you are not carrying cash it is a nice friendly atmosphere especially when the weather if pleasant. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
I did not get a permanent position
Productive place, with poor management team
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Stand for full duration of shift (excluding break and lunch times), and assisting guest with any questions or needs. I learned how to multitask and develop great leading skills. Our management team was hardly around and never properly guided us to growth. The employee's at Universal were well rounded people. The hardest part of this job was working under my management team that never provided help. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be involved with guests and contributing in making their experience memorable.
Pros
The job itself
Universal Studios Review
Animator (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CADecember 29, 2016
Overall good working experience with much to do throughout the day, I learned much teamwork in my time working at Universal Studios, the hardest part of the job was the heavy stress enviroment that occurs in the crowded times at the park. What i enjoyed the most at the job was the sense of community that my co-workers had between each other.
Pros
45 min lunchbreak
Cons
standing outside in the sun/rain for hours
Productive, Upbeat, and fun environmen
Food Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CADecember 27, 2016
A typical day at work was always filled with smiles, welcoming hellos, and happy guests. Working at a theme park I cant really pinpoint what was most enjoyable, because everything was enjoyable. My coworkers, my team leads, and even the guests.
Pros
Free food, free movie reviews, free entrance to the park
Cons
the commute
Fun Place To Work
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CADecember 25, 2016
Working at Universal is definitely fun. The people are great to be around, and the managers are very understanding. They make sure we get extra hours if they can get them for us, and if we need to take off for any reason they do their best to make sure we get off. I love being able to work closely with the guests and get their feedback. Even though we have specific questions to ask during the surveys, we do get to have conversations with them, and help make their experiences better.
Pros
Talk to guests, Great managers and co-workers, Great park benefits, Flexible hours
Cons
Some late nights, inconsistent hours at times, Hours can be slim during parts of the year
Best place in the world to work.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CADecember 25, 2016
If the upper management took the time to just respect the front line workers, moral goes along way. They're not asking you to five them more money, they knew what they applied for, but if they work hard enough to deserves a little extra well have some heart management.
Pros
Free entry, or tickets
Cons
Slavery treatment
Really fun place to work and a lot of perks
Studio Tour Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CADecember 14, 2016
Get to meet different people of different culture, Being able to play trivia with the guest when there's no tram on the loading area, and really good team leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Studios Hollywood. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2