Universal Technical Institute Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
Receptionist/Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work would be full of acitivities dealing with many students. Not a moment of dullness, always something to do which is great because I like to stay busy
Great people to work with
Auto/Diesel Instructor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 17, 2017
The day involves detail instruction on topic. There are also hands on lab component with the instruction. The hours can be very long. The people are great to work with and willing to assist you.
Highly competitive fast paced
Admissions Representative/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2017
Highly prestigious Automove/Welding/Motorcycle/Marine Technical School that exerts pressure sales to meet quotas. Product bran is the best in the nation. Worked a two state territory which diminishes time with the family. Excellent opportunity for a young person with proven sales/public speaking skills.
Pros
Highly respected institute for blue collar skill fields.
Cons
Very little time off.
be a master tech.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 6, 2017
I prefer working on cars cause I want to continue my knowledge on
cars and diesel.I work hard so I can provide for my family.My dad always wanted me to be a mechanic so I can fix his cars.
Life in the Company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 6, 2017
The Companies goals are great. However, the Management that runs the company in recruitment segment have no caring for the Reps. The current staff are Cut Throat and will deny any and all wrong doings on their behalf. They will tell you one thing then do another. Ultimately setting you up for failure. If you do not agree with them and their ideas they will find a way to let you go. THe only decent thing within the Recruiting sector are your peers that you work with and you will create great relationships.
Benefits
Cons
Military Recruiting Management
Don't be fooled...
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 5, 2017
The field representative is not for a family person with kids and commitments. Work schedule is Mon-Sun. No paid vacation and out of pocket benifits are high. Days are spent presenting and nights and weekends are filled up with interviews. You must market yourself with minimal help from career services. Must hit monthly enrollments or else. Moral is low and not spoken of in public meetings. To many reps in local territory.
Pros
Great product, good pay, great industry, career placement
Cons
60+ hours Monday-Sunday, no paid vacation, out of pocket benefits poor, Inflated goals in small remote territories.
The Most Fun I have Ever Had as a Job.
Education Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2017
Working with young people to help them reach their education goals in the automotive industry with the very best technical training available. Very rewarding work.
Pros
Very very rewarding.
Cons
2008 all government funding went away and enrollment dropped drastically.
Easy to Manage and great Supervisors
VA Relations Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZMay 14, 2017
This is a great opportunity for any Veteran wishing to obtain more financial stability while going to school. The supervisors are really flexible with your schedule and keep you well informed so you know what needs to be done.
Pros
Flexible work Schedule, Good Communication
Cons
no Advancement
The Place where Goals and Dreams succeed.
Technical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77073May 8, 2017
I enjoyed the opportunity to enhanced the lives of those who wanted and thrived to reach a goal in the Auto/ Diesel industry and having the honor of being a part of that training and mentoring.

Due to a family crisis, I resigned from my position and relocate to another state needing to take care of my family situation.

I have moved back to Houston as a permanently resident and looking forward to resuming my passion in assisting with technicians reaching their potential and fulfilling their dreams and passion about this industry.
Pros
The technical training to industry standards and it's changes.
Cons
Sometimes, the students don't meet industry expectation.
Senior Active Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 3, 2017
Defintely a a good place to work but minimum options on advancement. The salaries are very competitive compared to other institutions. Never had any problems at all over my 10 years of working there
student worker easy to do
Student Worker/Facilities (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 26, 2017
student work they work with your schedule but i only got 4 hours a day and they ask you to do stupid stuff like wash a wall with a sponge the size of your hand.
Pros
work with you
Cons
no hours
Excellent learning environment
Diesel student (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAApril 25, 2017
Hands on and book learning, working with others building good teamwork ideals I learned well from the mannerisms this school instilled. This school helps men and women turn into the techs the world needs
Admissions Dept.
Diesel instructor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 14, 2017
Overall a good place to work, but the admissions dept, put the instructors at a big disadvantage. They get a commission on the students they admit therefore students that should not even be there are allowed to. They will not even come close to making it in the industry but they have to pay 40 grand for the school.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
dishonest admissions dept.
above average employer managment needs refocusing
employee (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2017
company is going through many changes. culture is currently (2017) in a state of worry. Many layoffs and employees leaving because of unsure future and no current raises in pay. Company needs to focus more on employees and marketing.
For Profit Education
Automotive/Smog Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 1, 2017
The instructors and co-workers are great. Management, especially Education Managers, obstruct more than they help. School advertises no homework and ready to work in 1 year, which is not very realistic. Students need to put a lot of effort to advance.
Going trough some growing pains
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 22, 2017
Anyone in the for-profit education industry knows that the stigma of for-profit education causes insurmountable headwinds on a daily basis. In an upturn economy, enrollments decline and it seems impossible to become proactive. As a result of several years of this, there have been layoffs, forcing out of long-term employees, and chaotic turnover. Morale is low and it feels as though the organization lacks- or just fails to communication- a shared vision. If it can weather the most current storm, UTI will be an amazing place to work. For now, employees feel they are walking on eggshells and are kept in the dark.
Pros
We get to change the world every day.
Cons
Healthcare is expensive. Morale is low.
Productive and Tight-Nit group
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2017
A typical day at work is one that is fast paced with appointments set with clients all day, i learned time management is a very important skill and that financial aid is an always changing industry. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the constant change but it is also one of the most enjoyable because you always have the opportunity to learn something new.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, family is important to the company
Cons
business is down and reduction in force is a common occurrence lately
universal technical institute
Facilities Maintenance Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 20, 2017
working here was a great experience. I learned how to maintain the premises of the campus professional and clean. i had the opportunity of working on school events and car shows, i learned how to prep and paint properly and always kept the premises looking as good as new. i recommend this job to any student who is attending the universal technical institute or who is planning to attend.
Fun workplace
Active Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAFebruary 16, 2017
The financial aid process was very confusing, but enjoyed helping students. All of the different department heads were very helpful with any questions. Supervisors weren't very accomodating with workloads, but answered questions.
Pros
short commute
Cons
chatty co-workers
Fun, rewarding place to work, but, very demanding of your time.
Automotive Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Found the work environment to be rewarding and professional. I found myself inspired and challenged by my teaching experience. It was most rewarding running into former students who were successful in their goals after graduation and thanking me for helping them get there.
Pros
Rewarding place to work. The people make you think and feel like you casn make a difference.
Cons
Expect to work long hours and a lot of double shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Technical Institute. Our community is ready to answer.