Universal Technical Institute

Universal Technical Institute Employer Reviews

Company is good but...
Active Financial Aid Advisor II (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2014
The company is great to work for. The benefits are ok. It really just depends on which department you work for.
So Amazing Its unbelieavible
Student Worker (Current Employee), Norwood, MAAugust 27, 2014
It was a fun interactive facility that was absolutely amazing to work for the balance of work and life was like nothing I have ever experienced the facility was absolutely fanominol
good
Student Worker (Former Employee), Avondale, AZAugust 17, 2014
was a good job and good schedule while in school and learned alot more about computer use
Fun place to work
Future Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: could not work more it i waned to due to ca regulations
Loved my job. The pay was significantly lower than what I was making in Wachovia, but there was plenty of room to grow. I have a passion for working with people. It brings me much joy to help, guide and mentor anyone seeking such. Working well with people IS truly my biggest asset.
used to be nice
FA Packaging Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2014
Pros: very nice
Cons: no job security
very laid back but no job security at all, I went through three lay offs while I was there for three years.
Employee Break Area
Student Accounting Specialist/Collection (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: jeans day on some fridays
Cons: medical, dental, vision & 401k
In order to be an effective front desk employee you have to be able to multitask because in many cases you’re the only one the customer sees. This is even more important when working short staffed.

I was able to learn how to do most functions of my current position through self-training. It was challenging but I managed to do it with minimal formal – more... on the job training. It was very challenging but I have become so efficient at my role that currently I am the go-to person when they need help with the position.

Good day or bad day I go out of my way to get along with my co-workers, we are a team and need each other for the processes to work.

My decision for leaving is based on having reached the ceiling for my division and I really have no more room for growth. I am looking to move into a position that not only has room for growth but more earning potential and a competitive benefits package.

Being able to provide customer services and training other campuses as to how to do the job.

Interacting with the students and seeing them succeed in life when they graduate. – less
Enyoy working around cars and helping students accomplish their goals.
Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: able to learn how to work on my car while i work here.
Cons: not able to have end of the year bonus.
able to work with minimum supervision and able to interface with all levels of internal and external customers. I really love working with others and learn something new every day and the opportunity to assist someone on accomplish that goal and the hardest part of my job is not able to see the students I help along their training graduate and the most – more... enjoyable when someone comes by recognize you effort on that hard day. – less
fun enjoyable and enriching
Technical Team Leader/ national certified Trainer (Current Employee), Avondale, AZJuly 11, 2014
UTI delivers a quality education and a place for many people to start their careers in the mechanical exppierence
Great sense of community
Financial Aid Processor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free coffee, on-site restaurant, healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules
Cons: little room for advancement
A typical day at work involves interacting with team members and campus personnel regarding Verification procedures for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Since I began my journey with Universal Technical Institute I have learned a significant amount about financial aid and what it means to be a part of a very supportive community. Whether – more... the issue at hand is work-related or personal, co-workers and management alike will gladly offer support to those in need, making this the most enjoyable part of my job.
The hardest part of my job would include the monotony of the process of verification. However, the presence of supportive co-workers greatly contributes to the motivation needed to continue doing the work that helps our students become successful. – less
it was a school
Associate of Occupational Studies Degree (Former Employee), phoenix AZJuly 5, 2014
fun
diversified

great people
nice teachers
great education
Great Technical School
Manager of Student Development (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 26, 2014
UTI is a good school that helps students achieve their career goals.
Good company
Education Adviser (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 17, 2014
A good school for motorcycle technician training. Good pay and benefits. My immediate manager was great.
Desk job, good product and good people to work with.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2014
A typical work week is 8 hours a day for 5 days. Some late nights and occasionally an event on a weekend. I learned a lot about motorcycle enthusiasts. Management changed our marketing about 2 years ago and it has gone downhill since. They like to promote yes people. If your objective opinion is not what they want to hear you are condoned as being negative. – more... The co-workers were fantastic. I really miss them. The hardest part of the job watching the upper management make decisions that didn't work and then wouldn't change. They just made bad go to worst. The most enjoyable part was that you get to change people lives for the better. – less
Fun place to work,
Active Student Specialist/Withdrawal Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 5, 2014
The company offers a good Work/life balance. Moving up tends to be somewhat challenging as there isn't much in between, staff and mgmnt such as senior or lead positions
Challenging in many aspect
Campus Support Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2014
Pros: medical benefits, paid holidays and winter breaks
Cons: large amounts of stress being told false promises
Print and review reports, complete refunds, complete calculations, double check refunds to make sure they post, double check accounting and student services work is completed correctly.
I learned time management and how to prioritize my work, complete tasks in a crunch and when I need to a make a decision and stand accountable for it.
Most managers – more... were strict yet fair, there are also managers who have their favorites and count on only them, we were told to challenge anyone if we needed but some managers would not stand for that.
Most co-workers were great however like every company you have people that are out for themselves no matter how much they seem to stand by you.
Staying within regulations when the regulations change often, and rules change often we were told they would not count against us until we fully understood but then management went against their word.
Letting students know that they didn't have a large amount of debt or that the loans can be paid later and not immediately. – less
Very Poor work environment/ Hostile
Instructor (Former Employee), L.A. Campus/RanchoCucamnonga, CaliforniaApril 29, 2014
Awesome Training for the Student, Very Poor Management, awful for the Instructors, Management only concerned with PROFIT. Will do whatever it takes regardless who it effects or hurts to make the Ole Mighty buck.
SWEET JOB
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Avondale, AZApril 22, 2014
Pros: instructors, work, students, perks of set ups, great leadership
Cons: no benefits low pay
DAY TO DAY GOES BY QUICK
GREAT PEOPLE
HIGHLY SKILLED INSTRUCTORS
GREAT ENVIROMENT
ALWAYS HOT NEVER COLD WEATHER
Fun and creative
Student Worker (Former Employee), Norwood, MAApril 7, 2014
I worked in the student store and was responsible for providing all the new students with their textbooks and class binders. I was also responsible for organizing the storage in the back of the store as well as providing a great customer experience at the counter.
Fun
Tool Room Attendant-Hand (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 6, 2014
GreAT!! It was a learning experience. My boss was great in teaching
Good for a paycheck
Support (Former Employee), In an officeFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: uppermanagement not very tactful with their deliverance of news. very blunt and rude.
Training = Non existent, when you ask for training you are spoken down to like a 3 year old. When you do not meet your metrics they will go straight to a written final warning. People walk around in fear of losing their jobs. If you are not a tenured employee there you pretty much are already starting at a disadvantage, because most of these employees – more... forget what it is like to start a new job. I can only thank for being let go from the debacle. Now I can really hold my head high, because i am a smart intelligent person, just wouldn't know that while working at UTI. – less

1 2 3 4

About Universal Technical Institute

Universal Technical Institute Inc. is a provider of post-secondary education for students seeking careers as professional automotive, – Read more

Universal Technical Institute Photos