Universal Technical Institute

Universal Technical Institute Employee Reviews

They don't practice what they preach
Admissions (Former Employee), SacramentoMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches.
Cons: Immature management, outdated processes and technology, weak healthcare benefits
They have a great culture in theory and words but they don't practice what they preach. Management preaches one thing and does another. There are a lot of good people that work at UTI and unfortunately feel stuck for whatever reason and stay with the company even though they dread going into work everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the students. That's it.
Tremendous School - needs new vision from leadership
Field Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale AZMay 19, 2015
Cons: Management team
This school provides amazing opportunities for graduates. The employers in this industry love this school. The school needs tuition assistance from employers who hire the graduates.
good to learned aboute cars
student (Former Employee), norwood MAMay 18, 2015
Cons: no health inchuret
this is a school I completed this class in one year i learn all you can learn in the auto motor industry the most thig that i like that satisfaction whent you do a good job the first time.
A good company
Director of Student Services Admin. assisting (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: It is a good company
Cons: tuition is a little too high
A typical day at work would be assisting students who need help, processing all requests, and answering phone.

I haven't work long enough to really learned anything from there.

I haven't work at the company long enough to know management; therefore I don't have no comments.

My co-works were respectful, helpful, and friendly. I like working along with my co-workers.

During my short period of time there, I find the hardest part of the job is not being able to assist the students .

Most enjoyable part of the job is making a different in someone life and seeing that they are happy.
Rarely received students
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Glendale Heights, ILMay 4, 2015
Basic mentoring over the courses you're comfortable with. With as little income as you bring in it might as well be a volunteer job.
Team oriented environment.
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2015
- Managed over 450 student files assuring that tuition is funded through researching and filing of diverse scholarship and funding opportunities while meeting unique student need and eligibility requirements.
- Followed and enforced the ever-changing Department of Education and governmental regulations at all times to ensure proper legal procedures were enforced with each student file and company liability was not at risk.
- Served as Secretary Chair on the company’s required state regulated Safety Committee. Managed all committee schedules, functions, certifications and reports.
- Recognized in 2013 by being presented with an annual, company-wide, award for exemplifying outstanding innovation as a result of creating a unique format of record keeping.

- Management was supportive.

- Co-workers were team oriented.
Excellent Place to work.
Resource Center Student Worker (Former Employee), Exton, PAMarch 4, 2015
Excellent Place to work Part time while going to School. Hours and Pay were reasonable. I got along with the people I worked with and interacted with.
Years of experience and willing to teach.
Modification and Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Avondale, AZFebruary 25, 2015
The employees at UTI are incredibly knowledgeable in their field and always willing to teach and share their experiences.
Enjoyed working with students
Facility Director (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: sense of contributing to student success
Cons: no policies in place regarding use of social media
Busy workplace many issues with carbon monoxide systems.

Use od social media and policy and procedure use

Good management team and meeting frequency

Above average technicians

Controlling students in use of social media

Seeing students graduate
Fun place to work, but not much opportunity for advancement
Processor (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 3, 2015
Working for UTI isn't too stressful, but the work can become quite repetitive. There isn't much opportunity to move up and most career changes are lateral. It seems that everyone gets pretty comfortable and don't really desire to move forward.
Positive and productive work environment
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: being a part of something bigger
Cons: not feeling appreciated
wonderful being in a school environment, helping people to achieve goals and starting their future.
Future Financial Aid Advisor
Future Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), Lisle, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Prepare future students to start school by generating initial and ongoing student contact; ensuring financial aid or other funding is secured, ensuring all paperwork is submitted. Navigate the future student through the financial aid process by clarifying process steps, reviewing where they are in the enrollment process, and providing information on federal aid borrower’s rights and responsibilities, FAFSA completion, loan acceptance/denial, and alternative funding options that provide the right value to the student/family as well as resolving financing issues. Provide solutions to potential setbacks that may affect students’ start by identifying challenges, seeking to understand students’ viewpoint, and work collaboratively with Education Representative or other departments to address issue.
Student Service Corrdinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benifts and pay rate
Cons: management
A typical day was very busy.
I learn time management.
I worked with some of the best people and we still remain friends.
The hardest part of the job was preparing for orientation and a new class start.
The most enjoyable part was making a difference in each student life.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJanuary 13, 2015
When I started as employment advisor position was to helping students and graduates meet their goals helped them find a job in their field. Learned a lot form the advisors and manager when I first started in employment. Always willing to help the team and company reach its goal. Hardest was not able to reach graduates, enjoyable get that call they got the job.
Great Culture to work and Learn from.
Financial Aid Supervisor (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJanuary 13, 2015
It was a GREAT career path for me and did learn many things about the Education industry, Financial Aid and Corporate Culture. It was the people that I work and the people that I worked with that I last so long and miss the most.
Great place to work!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: communication between staff and upper management
I invested 13.5 years of my career here at UTI and loved it. Unfortunately the company had 2 more layoffs and my position was eliminated.
Falls short of advertised goals.
Former instructor (Former Employee), OrlandoJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: salary is good
Cons: management micro-manages
Worked there as an instructor for a short time and witnessed students being led to pursue training in a field they may not have an aptitude for simply for the sake of satisfying shareholders. Employees are micro-managed to maintain an image as an industry leader in training the next generation auto technician. Overall, the instructors are good and are knowledgeable.
A great place to work.
Campus Buyer (Former Employee), Avondale, AZDecember 18, 2014
This company has a mission of changing lives one student at a time. They are large company with the care and compassion of a small business. After 12 years of working there I never lost the feeling of being part of something great.
Many rewards with teaching and seeing students learn more
Chief Instructor/Diagnostics Team Leader (Former Employee), Avondale, AZDecember 8, 2014
Teaching in the automotive world is a great way to see student learn and explore the new technology on many of the automobiles we all drive every day! Today's vehicles are full of the latest technology and use some of the oldest too. I myself learned so much from the students interaction with learning about the transportation.
But the hours can be long and management will be trying to drive you to pass as many students who need more time and help.
not very stable
Local Marketing Manager/Event Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 29, 2014
Pros: very mediocre company. no real perks
Cons: benefits get worse every year.
every fall it's a gamble if you get laid off or not. They finally laid me off after 10 years. They are struggling financially since 2008.

1 2 3 4 5

About Universal Technical Institute

Universal Technical Institute Inc. is a provider of post-secondary education for students seeking careers as professional automotive, – Read more

Universal Technical Institute Salaries