UniversalPegasus International Employee Reviews in United States

Nice company to learn things
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
This is a really good company to learn stuff. They give you different tasks to improve yourself. The working culture is also pretty good. Managers buy donuts every week as breakfast for us, and they also have bigger events once a while.
Pros
Have chance to learn a lot of stuff. Good working culture.
Cons
Either you are really busy, or you don't have anything to do at all. Once you start charging the overhead, you are about to be fired.
Good company to work for until merger.
Electrical And Instrumentation Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 10, 2016
Worked offshore mostly. Very little supervision needed. The people were good to work with. Enjoyed working for this company but work has slowed down.
Good people to work with
Management of Projects (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2015
I have enjoyed the time spend with a great team. The Subsea management is a great team that is very concerned about employees.
Pros
Solidarity
Bad place to work
work there for 1 year (Former Employee) –  houston txJune 13, 2015
This company lack the will to progress use old software. no leading management on projects, now they don't have 401k vacation paid or holiday paid. slow computer system made the every day work a pain.
IT is not cooperative the all if you trying to help using you own tools and they find out you can get fire....
Pros
free parking.
Cons
no 401k vacation or holiday paid low paid too.
glad I got some working experience
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2012
-different events happening per day, some excellent, some bad
-learned a lot about the working industry and its benefits
-management was fair
-friendly employees
-when I'm told multiple tasks, it is confusing and it upsets one person or more, keeping track of projects organized from others, and a task that is not part of my title
-doing CAD work relevant to project(s), printing/scanning sheets
Pros
free lunches, friendly co-workers, well developed environment, enjoyed type of work
Cons
too many overhead hours, lack of clients/project, not useful in many ways, certain clients not teamplayer
Good people and pleasant working atmosphere
Engineer 2 (Former Employee) –  102 Asma Blvd., Suite 400, Lafayette, LA 70508January 23, 2015
I learned a great deal about the oil and gas industry and the programs involved in control automation. I give credit for that to the wonderful people I worked with. Being client driven work, there was always new and ever changing challenges to produce exemplary work for our customers. The management in the Lafayette office were always willing to listen and help me. The hardest part of the job were the impromptu times when going offshore were required. With my family situation, the people there made it a great deal easier to do that work. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching my hard work on a project pay off and a customer was pleased.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, wonderful people
Cons
down time in between billable projects, squeeze from upper management to be more profitable
Fun workplace with lots of friends
Project Secretary duties (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2013
Hardest part was long 12 hours a day for 7 days a week for 3 weeks and 40 hours for 1 week.
Learned different softwares. Had several different managers. Made several friends
Pros
free lunches, excellent healthcare & benefits
Cons
long hours for 3 weeks
Company went downhill fast
GIS Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2015
When I first starting working for this company it was one of the best companies I had every worked for. When I left the company it was the WORST company I had ever worked for.
Pros
co-workers and the experience and knowledge they have
Cons
upper management and hr
Very good place to work
Chief Substation Inspector (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2012
I am mostly out in the field to work with contractors constructing substations.
Employees have excellent work ethics.
Management team provides necessary communication tools for those working in the field like me.
My co-workers are very helping to help you solving critical work related issues.
The hardest part of my job is that I am out in the field all the time.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the support I get from my manager.
Wonderful Place to work
Senior Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed working at UniversalPegasus.

A typical day in the office consist of Multi-State Payroll & Taxes to be paid out, cutting checks, inputting Direct Deposit forms. Answering email and phone questions. etc.
Good work environment wih good opportunity to learn
Mechanical Facilities Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2015
Opportunity to work on a variety of different projects in the oil and gas field. Project work includes a multitude of different tasks and activities that give a great opportunity to learn.