Candidate to operate or tend sewing machines to perform related sewing operations in the manufacture of garment or non-garment (patch) products.
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Guide garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
- Start and operate or tend machines, such as single or double needle serging and flat-bed felling machines, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles.
- Select supplies such as fasteners and thread, according to job requirements.
- Mount attachments, such as needles, cutting blades, or pattern plates, and adjust machine guides according to specifications.
- Some testing may be required.
- Candidate be required to stand for most or all of day.
- Some bending, pushing, pulling and lifting to move items, less than 5 lbs.
- Some computer knowledge is preferred.
- High School or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience a PLUS.
- Must successfully complete a security background
Indeed - 16 months ago