University Animal Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Place to work
Customer Service/Inventory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 17, 2013
A typical day consisted of a fast paced busy office. There were clients and pets checking in and out throughout the day as well as 5 phone lines ringing in. This office was a well oiled machine that adjusted well as it grew over the years.

The owners and management really understood the balance between work and home life. For a smaller company they offered very good benefits and reasonable pay.

The hardest part of working here was that there really was not any room for advancement.
Pros
great family oriented environment
Cons
limited growth opportunity
Veterinary Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 15, 2015
At UVH you have the opportunity to be a part of so many different types of situations. Everything from Emergencies to Orthopedic surgeries. In saying that, the hardest part of the job is that there is a high volume of animals seen each day so some days can be really hectic.
UVH is AAHA regulated and they take it seriously. I would bring my dog here even if I didn't work there because of the level of care they provide.They are always working to stay current on the best way of taking care of their patients.
With 13+ vets, 25+ vet techs and assistants you get an opportunity to meet so many people in the field that provides you with a variety of ways of doing things.
Pros
Sent to CE, AAHA, and WVC.
Cons
Busy, hectic environment
Small Office, Small But Friendly Staff
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2015
Fun place to work, and the staff has all been here so long, it's like working with family. While it can certainly get busy, the team does it's best to effectively communicate and keep the flow of patients from front of back running smoothly.
Very nice place to work . Great employees and very fast paced.
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 6, 2013
I would clean kennels and walk dogs then we would feed them and give them there meds after that we would give them baths and spend extra time with the sad ones. Learned a little about dogs and medications. The people I worked with were very nice.
Pros
day went by real quick
Cons
had to be careful of mean dogs or cats
Excellent learning experience
Veterinary Technician/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 5, 2012
Trained by doctor in animal care
Small veterinary practice