University at Albany Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
quick paced
Usher (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 19, 2017
it was quick paced so everything happened fast especially when it was raining and we had to work the fields especially without proper garments provided by the employer.
Supportive environment with plenty of perks
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 13, 2017
Good place to work fun, hard to advance due to state regs. Lots of opportunity to get to know coworkers and activities outside of work as well as benefits to the job.
University at Albany - Tour Guide
Campus Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work would mostly include Campus Tours. If there were no tours going on, we would fill in inquiry cards onto our computer system or help with anything else Admissions Counselors needed. A great environment for students.
Pros
Works with class schedule, networking advantages
Cons
N/a
Good place to learn
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
You have to be self motivated to learn new technologies and should have problem solving skills. Its a free work life balanced, But salary is not great.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
salary
Fun workplace
Game Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 24, 2017
Supervising the game room at the quad I resided in at University at Albany was a fun job. Most of the students understood not to damage any of the equipments and they were always respectful. Me working there kept the game room open at certain hours that others could not keep open. This provided the students the relief they needed for the day and the opportunity to socialize. The hardest part of the job was closing the game room. The students always wanted it open longer but I was given a set schedule. Getting to socialize with every kind of student was the most enjoyable part of the job. This game room was the main place in the quad where everyone's differences were celebrated. They often brought their own games to share with others.
Pros
Socializing
Great University
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 20, 2017
This university does have many opportunities. Its all up to the person to take advantage. Great employment positions for students working on their degree.
Good professors at the time.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 17, 2017
Years ago the professors were very good, open for discussion, and willing to help. Professors encouraged research project participation.
Cannot comment on the present day campus culture.
Productive learning environment
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 7, 2017
Great college experince. i love the culture of the university. I recently obtained my bachelors in communications minor in business. The University opened up many doors for me in my life.
Internship with Athletic Trainers
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 3, 2017
Temporary position for a semester. Was a good learning experience. It was a fun experience but was very hard to manage during semester due to long hours. Studying was a very hard task to due during the semester.
Exciting and harmonious workplace with many opportunities
Intern (Social Media Director and Writer) (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 27, 2017
I work from both my dormitory and the office itself, and on a daily basis I get to hone my writing and editing skills! While I'm currently unpaid (I get credits for working here), I love my job and I hope that maybe I can move up to Director of Student Media within the next few years! The most enjoyable part of my job are my coworkers and lovely boss. I've conducted plenty of interviews, and I'm excited to help with their articles!
UALBANY Is very good place to work. Great Atmosphere
Sports Information Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 26, 2017
It is a great job, especially as a student. It allows me to work on my own schedule, the bosses are great and I'm able to have time to do what I want.
Educational and enjoyable environment.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 17, 2017
I go to class on a day to day basis working with a innovative group of students. Grasping a knowledge on what is happening within the corporate world to one day be a part of that.
Pros
Meet new people, get more education.
Cons
The Weather.
Surrounded by intelligence
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Work with inspiring professionals, learn applicable skills, gain insight, contribute towards human experimental research.
Pros
Advance knowledge in behavior research
Cons
Technological malfunctions
Great Campus
Lead Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Great School with a diverse and outgoing student body. Working on this campus is perfect for a brand ambassador position
SUNY Albany
Window Washer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 16, 2016
This job was good the first year and became the worst the second. My immediate supervisor was fantastic but the upper boss was totally incompetent and was always looking to get people in trouble. I was only a temp and it was supposed to be a job to help me get experience and make money and while the other staff members were extremely nice and friendly, the head cleaner was arrogant and rude. Being a window washer was fun but repetitive. Having a great supervisor and friendly co workers made it fun, but because of the head of the cleaners, I will not be returning.
Excellent environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 31, 2016
Given a lot of autonomy, responsibility, and respect. Supervisors were understanding and easily approachable. Enjoyed my time as a TA. Overall, great experience.
Equipment manager
Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 19, 2016
Kept track of daily inventory transactions as well as maintained athletes equipment. I learned how to keep track of inventory records and learned a lot about excel while doing it. .
Supportive and Friendly Working Environment
Lecturer (part-time) on Leadership Courses (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 8, 2016
My Job was online Co-lecturer for participants who were interested in leadership and environmental sustainability concepts. I was supposed to use both Persian and English language for participants and other lecturers in order to facilitate and clarify different concepts of leadership.
Engaging and informative
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 15, 2016
Has the potential to be better, but is continuing on the road to thrive and better itself, which is ultimately all that matters in my opinion
University with great opportunities
Physics/Calculus Tutor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY 12208July 7, 2016
University at Albany is a great hub for students. It provides the right atmosphere and services to help any person succeed in their path to a degree.