University at Buffalo

University at Buffalo Employer Reviews

The worst work experience I ever had.
Infant Teacher (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: poor unprofessional management
These centers would be phenomenal if they had a better management team. They are not professional at all. I did enjoy most of my co-workers. Most of them have been there longer than management.
Productive and fun work enviornment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: linked in workshop, resume review, bake goods
Cons: short hours
It gets busy during the afternoon hours with students coming in and making appointments with counselors. I learned that even during rush hour, you must also maintain good customer service to students. Co-workers here are really friendly and they would often bake treats for everyone else in the office.
Productive and ispirational
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 16, 2015
It is challengeable and I grew and gained a lot of skill from my work. The working environment is friendly and very organized.
highly reputation in statistical teaching and research
Research Assistant (Current Employee), 706 Kimball TowerFebruary 8, 2015
Worked as a research assistant providing statistical support to the research group and conducting the statistical programming.
Hostile Work Environment
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: the negative treatment you have to endure for good pay and benefits
As a Research Coordinator at the Center for Clinical Research, I can attest to the fact that the leadership at the CTRC is sorely lacking. There is no direction from the supervisors. There is no orientation period. You are expected to perform your duties without basic instruction of all that the position entails. I found this to be a hostile work environment. Professionalism is lacking. The Human Resource Department was unsupportive of staff issues. Could be a great place to work with different leadership.
University at Buffalo
Research Assistant, Electrical Engineering (Current Employee), Electrical EngineeringJanuary 19, 2015
Multiple School projects involving testing and simulation concepts
Internship
Graduate Student Intern (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Great experience working as an intern at UB in the Higher Education program. Everyone I have worked with is professional and efficient.
Student job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 22, 2014
Pros: office experience
Typical office assistant job. Days were short which freed up more time to study outside of the office. Taught systems administrative tasks by my employer. Very nice atmosphere. Never felt so comfortable going to work. Knowledge of how an office works is what I am most appreciative for.
Great benifits as with most state jobs but job culture is suspect.
Maintenance/Custodian (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: job culture is suspect
Great benifits as with most state jobs but job culture is suspect. Management is acceptable but supervisors, at least where I am stationed, lack proper communication skills. With this in mind an easy job is made more complicated than it should be.
This is college
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, NYOctober 15, 2014
-Had below part-time job
-Nice place to work in.
-Learned a lot working there.
Fun place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 14, 2014
Teaching assistants in the department teach recitations, hold office hours and grade exams and quizzes. The work environment in the department is pretty good.
UB has an active and vibrant atmosphere
Research Associate (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 12, 2014
UB has an active and vibrant atmosphere. It provides a great opportunity for creative minds to invent and investigate.
Good work opportunity for full-time students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 5, 2014
Good work for full-time students. Flexible schedules, decent pay, and opportunities for advancement.
Customer service provider and troubleshooter
Student Assistant - CIT Public Sites Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2014
My job deals with providing customer service for students regarding computing and technical problems and also troubleshoot workstation. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with the students and collaborating with colleagues.
engineering school
Senior Engineering Design Project (Former Employee), Buffalo,NYSeptember 12, 2014
great experience, knowledgeable faculty, great facilities, excellent foundation for an engineering career
Typical college research job
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Nothing to write home about. Worked in a lab to get some job experience before graduating college. Professor was great. Other research assistant weren't very welcoming due to their being in grad school.
It is nice place to study and work !
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 3, 2014
I enjoy my life in SUNY buffalo overall, I have learned a lot through my research and teaching assistant experience in past years from advisor. My primary focus on mobile and cloud computing development. In addition, the most important thing i have learned from this position is independent study and self-learning.
A typical day called for sorting books and helping scholars find the resources they need.
Page (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 21, 2014
Working as a Page at UB's Special Collection for Poetry and Rare Books was fun. The work was not very taxing. All I had to do was sort books and other records, make labels, and find things for UB scholars.
N/A
student (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJuly 25, 2014
I have enjoyed my school life at the University at Buffalo. The professors are quite helpful to students and I could get to meet a lot of domestic and international friends in the school.
Professional Place to Work, Great Management, Great Benefits
Staff Asst (Business & Finance Staff Asst) (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2014
Great place to work, team work efforts as well as individual projects, great benefits and good management.

1 2 3 4