University at Buffalo

University at Buffalo Employer Reviews

Developed a Methodology for Knowledge Discovery in Engineering Design
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2014
• Worked with Dresser-Rand to apply the KTI inventory model to the compressor’s return channel design process as a case study and understanding the deviations between "as-implemented" and "as-prescribed" design processes via interviews with 8 designers
• Understand and analyze deviations as emergent system behavior, since it is critical to implementing – more... a process that optimizes information infrastructure and firm knowledge
• Proposed the captured design processes for training purposes, capturing knowledge from engineers who are about to retire and KBE systems. – less
Amazing place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches/dinners. quite flexible.
Cons: none that i can think of
Learning and application is at its maximum. Rolling out orders in less than the stipulated average time was overwhelming. I learned a lot in terms of time management and optimal level of customer satisfaction. Co-workers are, to use one word, simply superb. They helped me fit in and learn everything. They were always supportive and made me learn from – more... my mistakes. They were more than willing to help me initially, so that I could deliver my best. – less
Productive and fun place
Medicinal Chemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 12, 2014
A typical working day involves with experiments and paper reading. It was a good and productive place to work. Nice coworkers, people would discuss about experiments and articles. The hardest part was that there were always a lot of projects and deadlines, and you really had to work late sometimes. All in all, a great place.
Customer Service, Prioritize tasks. Resource Management, Consultant
IT Consultant (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2014
Working part time at college really helps in making the best use of time. I could learn to manage my heavy course workload and the hectic job schedules perfectly, which gives me immense pleasure. Interaction with other students at the workplace, responsibility to manage the resources at the workplace was a good experience.
great job as a student.- allowed for schoolwork during slow shifts
CIT Consultant (Current Employee), buffaloFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: allowed for school work to be done
Cons: no set schedule
typical day at work included maintaining and servicing campus printers and aided patrons in computer/network troubleshooting
It's a great place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: friendly working environment
Cons: not challenge
My boss is very understandable, and kind. As an office assistant, I mainly help to organize the documents both in hard copy and on computer. It is a good place to work and good people to work with.
comprehensive research-intensive public university
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 31, 2013
Pros: mentoring students and seeing them successfully gradute and acruire meaning full jobs
Cons: publish or perish, success measured by the amount of money brought in
Maintain a collaborative research agenda that emphasizes multidisciplinary scientific inquiry and discovery, explore and pursue extramural funding to support faculty research, educate undergraduate and graduate students, and engage in service to the community, university, and professional organizations.
Intervarsity Chapter President
Intervarsity at Buffalo Chapter President (Former Employee), University at BuffaloSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: excellent peers, terrific national support
I had a blessed experience serving as the chapter President for Intervarsity Christian Fellowship at Buffalo. Though the semester was very eventful, it was also full of tremendous learning experiences. Leading a chapter in spiritual growth and positive community building was a challenge but also a deeply satisfying endeavor.
University at Buffalo
Clarence Senior Center Flu Clinic (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2013
I had a great learning experience administering flu vaccines in my community
Productive workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 13, 2013
learned how to construct an 80 foot algal turf scrubber and make all the necessary structural calculations and estimation costs of supplies and operation.
Academic employment is very fullfilling
IT Support Assistant (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 11, 2013
Pros: exercise rooms
Starting out as a receptionist/ meeting planner - with my final position with the company Assistant to the Director - a very fulfilling career.
Student friendly environment
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2013
Lot of student opportunities at University at buffalo.
No problem with pay rolls
Friendly work place that allowed direct contact with customers and patrons.
CIT Public Sites Consultant (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJune 19, 2013
Pros: relaxed work place
Cons: low working hours
The typical day at work would consist of a simple 4 hour shift. I would help patrons with their print outs and technical computer problems. There were 4 public computing cites which were managed by at least two co-workers at all times. Each of my co-workers would have the same capabilities and responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was when work – more... was slow. I would be waiting for questions or problems to come up. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help each parton with any problem. It gave me a sense of belonging to the community. – less
Love-hate relationship
Adjunct Professor - English (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2013
Pros: option to go union leading to benefits
Cons: overworked and over stressed for minuscule pay
I loved the job and freedom it allowed, but like most positions in higher education, the system is hugely flawed.
Research-oriented atmosphere
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Department of Library and Information StudiesMay 30, 2013
Worked as a Graduate Assistant in the UB Libraries as well as the Library and Information Studies Department.

Some main duties included working with Aleph cataloging system, Drupal Content Management system and staffing the Reference desk.
Great Job to have when you are balancing school
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Putnam'sMay 17, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: there is not a lot of advancement or positions that are related to career goal
Great job to have exactly when you want to earn some money on your free time with other students and people who will adjust your work schedule to your class schedule.
Very Relaxed environment
Staff Assistant (Current Employee), South CampusMay 13, 2013
Easy going place to work.
very flexible to your individual needs for scheduling.
hardest part of job is waiting for others to get thier part of the job done first
productive and fun place to work
Safety Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 15, 2013
Pros: 10$ an hour
easy job with a good pay ,good shifts and a flexible schedule
Good place to do the PhD
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Amherst, NYMarch 18, 2013
quite town to focus on the research.
lots of great minds to work with.
Multiple part time working opportunities
Teaching Assistant for Engineering Principles (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2013
Worked in multiple areas enabled me to learn different things. However, it lacks the opportunity to provide internship for students