University at Buffalo

University at Buffalo Employee Reviews

Great starting work as a college student.
DJ Services (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: scheduling around conflicts
Cons: low pay
I enjoyed being employed by the University in three different positions. Working for the school radio station, food court and gym receptionist were different environments to work in and all granted me exceptional experience.
Friendly coworkers and lots of learning opprtunuites.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2015
Cons: Long periods of waiting in between tasks
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning the lab area, a task that was repeated several times throughout the day as students came in and out. Cleaning and testing equipment was conducted weekly, and in my downtime I manned the lab's office and distributed work materials to the students. Occasionally I would help with office work such as filing and organization.
The many things I took away from this job include interpersonal cooperation, office skills, organization skills, and some skills with tools.
The management of the lab was hands-off. My direct supervisor was kept busy with his own work, and after assigning tasks, he left me and my co-workers to our own devices.
My coworkers and I worked closely together. We divided the work among us, and often were required to come up with creative solutions to finish our work without disturbing the students.
The hardest part of my job was testing containment showers and eyewash stations. It was a time consuming task which required at least two people, and often resulted in being splashed by water.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the dental students. They were kind enough to be accommodating when we moved around the lab, and often grateful that we cleaned their workstations and equipment so often.
Productive graduate research environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 27, 2015
I have been worked and studied at UB for ~2 years. I am able to make my own hours as a graduate student in a research position, so day-to-day work varies. In this position, I was able to take classes in GIS, Remote Sensing, and Statistics in the Geology Department, as well as increase my experience in UNIX environments and with various code/scripting languages through work with the Engineering department. The university has an extensive course list for most areas of study.
good work environment
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2015
It is a good place to work except my job was based on available funding. Friendly and lots of opportunity to learn and improve
Excellent Education
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Functional Anatomy (Current Employee), Kimball TowerApril 17, 2015
Excellent opportunities for advancement and educational attainment. Diverse programs, committed staff, and enthusiastic students make this up and coming research university a pleasure and privilege to attend.
Productive and good learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 7, 2015
A good place to work with good instructors. I have handled classes with strength up to 200 students with ease. The constant vigil of the instructors and the course design has helped me not only to manage the students but also learn a lot about the courses. Holding regular office hours and answering to students' questions have given me more insight into the course itself
Intramural Supervisor (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 6, 2015
Working at UB was a great experience. I was able to manage a workforce of students while also being able to balance schoolwork and classes. The hours were flexible and my coworkers were a pleasure to work with.
Exciting and fun to watch the college athletes perform
Athletic Events Staff (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2015
Working as the Athletic Event Staff at The State University of New York at Buffalo was fun. Usually the day of the game we would have to work which would be for minimum 6 hours but the manager was very nice so would be able to work throughout the 6 hours properly. At times it would get a little difficult as we had to work outside and weather in Buffalo is very rough so its kinda difficult but overall with other co-workers our work would get done properly.
The worst work experience I ever had.
Infant Teacher (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: poor unprofessional management
These centers would be phenomenal if they had a better management team. They are not professional at all. I did enjoy most of my co-workers. Most of them have been there longer than management.
Productive and fun work enviornment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: linked in workshop, resume review, bake goods
Cons: short hours
It gets busy during the afternoon hours with students coming in and making appointments with counselors. I learned that even during rush hour, you must also maintain good customer service to students. Co-workers here are really friendly and they would often bake treats for everyone else in the office.
Productive and ispirational
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 16, 2015
It is challengeable and I grew and gained a lot of skill from my work. The working environment is friendly and very organized.
highly reputation in statistical teaching and research
Research Assistant (Current Employee), 706 Kimball TowerFebruary 8, 2015
Worked as a research assistant providing statistical support to the research group and conducting the statistical programming.
Hostile Work Environment
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: the negative treatment you have to endure for good pay and benefits
As a Research Coordinator at the Center for Clinical Research, I can attest to the fact that the leadership at the CTRC is sorely lacking. There is no direction from the supervisors. There is no orientation period. You are expected to perform your duties without basic instruction of all that the position entails. I found this to be a hostile work environment. Professionalism is lacking. The Human Resource Department was unsupportive of staff issues. Could be a great place to work with different leadership.
University at Buffalo
Research Assistant, Electrical Engineering (Current Employee), Electrical EngineeringJanuary 19, 2015
Multiple School projects involving testing and simulation concepts
Internship
Graduate Student Intern (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Great experience working as an intern at UB in the Higher Education program. Everyone I have worked with is professional and efficient.
Student job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 22, 2014
Pros: office experience
Typical office assistant job. Days were short which freed up more time to study outside of the office. Taught systems administrative tasks by my employer. Very nice atmosphere. Never felt so comfortable going to work. Knowledge of how an office works is what I am most appreciative for.
Great benifits as with most state jobs but job culture is suspect.
Maintenance/Custodian (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: job culture is suspect
Great benifits as with most state jobs but job culture is suspect. Management is acceptable but supervisors, at least where I am stationed, lack proper communication skills. With this in mind an easy job is made more complicated than it should be.
This is college
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, NYOctober 15, 2014
-Had below part-time job
-Nice place to work in.
-Learned a lot working there.
Fun place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 14, 2014
Teaching assistants in the department teach recitations, hold office hours and grade exams and quizzes. The work environment in the department is pretty good.
UB has an active and vibrant atmosphere
Research Associate (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 12, 2014
UB has an active and vibrant atmosphere. It provides a great opportunity for creative minds to invent and investigate.

1 2 3 4