University at Buffalo Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent opportunity to kick start the graduate studies
Research Assistant to Prof. H R Rao (Former Employee) –  Jacobs Management CenterFebruary 1, 2016
The Research Assistantship gave me an insight into the research aspects of the social network analysis. I got the exposure to different software used in this area and got to work with my professor and PhD students. They were all very helpful and ready to offer any kind of support, both at work and personally. The work culture is really good and I am having a great time working with them. As far as I am concerned, the hardest part of the job is the understanding of the requirement and data analysis. It consumes most of my working hours. With this experience, I learned how to manage my time, how to look at structured and unstructured data and analyse it, improved my communication skills and learnt more about the professional etiquette in US.
Pros
Salary, Learning, Freedom to express, Flexible work timings
Best job for a student
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2015
Flexible hours to focus on school. Raises every 6 months. Nice people to work with. Opportunities to improve procedures, work in teams, and train others.
Learned a lot about diversity and other cultures
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 8, 2016
Being a student assistant with Campus Living a the New York State University at Buffalo was rewarding and challenging. Helping international students navigate their way through the cultural norms of both college life and American way of life was very rewarding. Having spent the last 5 years at U.B., I have learned that anything is possible with a little patience and creativity. Also, I was able to notice the little things that I had taken for granted when helping those that had different cultural backgrounds. A typical day would be answering resident's questions, delivering mail, helping with general office duties, providing assistance with issues that residents would have with general maintenance and other problems that would occur at the complex.
Very great workplacce, helpful and inspiring
Sports Marketing Student Intern and Mascot (Current Employee) –  Alumni ArenaMay 13, 2016
A typical day as the mascot starts with arrival time. These were assigned prior to the day of the event. I arrive get suited up and work through whatever sporting event or appearance. I entertain the crowds and greet whoever I may be assigned to meet. During some games I am assigned to help during some on field games.
Right place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2016
This university is the hub for learning. I have learnt the theoretical aspects of engineering as the ability of execution in an industrial level. Most of the focus in the research has been scientific which gives in depth knowledge about the physics involved in a system that is helpful in the long run.
Great Benefits
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2016
I loved my job at UB in the Psychological Services Center (clinic). The employees and grad students were friendly and helpful to each other. The atmosphere in my area was laid back and relaxed for the most part. We were quite a "team"!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very hard to find a parking space!
An excellent learning experince
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2016
The variety of laboratory techniques learned and applied contributed greatly to gaining experience in a laboratory oriented class. Opportunities to practice and learn about laboratory techniques that will be useful for the rest of my life.
Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  210 BonnerJuly 11, 2016
As a graduate research assistant, I work towards my PhD degree, My schedule is pretty flexible. My supervisor is quite supportive on my research. We have lab events every few months and these are very fun experiences!
Hostile Work Environment
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 23, 2015
As a Research Coordinator at the Center for Clinical Research, I can attest to the fact that the leadership at the CTRC is sorely lacking. There is no direction from the supervisors. There is no orientation period. You are expected to perform your duties without basic instruction of all that the position entails. I found this to be a hostile work environment. Professionalism is lacking. The Human Resource Department was unsupportive of staff issues. Could be a great place to work with different leadership.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
the negative treatment you have to endure for good pay and benefits
Productive and fun experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2016
Friendly staffs welcomed me and assisted me to work in desirable place. I learned a lot from the professors and this job gave me lots of flexibility to work.
Relaxed, welcoming staff
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 28, 2016
All staff in the office I worked for at University at Buffalo were very welcoming and had not problem assisting me with any problems that I may have faced at work
met a few good people
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 14, 2016
It's a cutthroat environment. Not worth the great salary. I learned a lot that I've used at my subsequent job but all in all UB is not a great place to work.
Pros
money
Cons
evil people
learn a lot
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 7, 2016
I have learnt alot while working as a research assistant at university at Buffalo. I worked with a doctor on a very diverse data set. the management was very friendly.
Productive and good workplace
Standardized Patient (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 18, 2015
Good place to work. I enjoy working with my colleagues and tackling different challenges. Everyday is different and present new opportunities, not just the same day in day out. Good work-life balance.
Great Place to Work
Admissions Processor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 7, 2016
The managers and staff are friendly and very professional. The hours were flexible, which made it less stressful if there were personal issues.
Great School
Fixed Income Securities, Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Professors and faculties in UB are great. They are super helpful and useful. They gave me a lot flexibility through my work. My employer: professor Ogden is patient and nice.
The worst work experience I ever had.
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 2, 2015
These centers would be phenomenal if they had a better management team. They are not professional at all. I did enjoy most of my co-workers. Most of them have been there longer than management.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
poor unprofessional management
Work life at UB
Crew (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 25, 2015
A typical day working in the UB food court is non stop work even if there isn't anything left to do. The managers would come and tell you to find something to do even though you've completed all your tasks at your station. The management is extremely strict however my co-workers were all nice people. I made some good friends and good memories while working there. The hardest part of the job was yelling out order numbers in the dining hall because it's always loud. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with my co-workers.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Always have to be doing something even when there isn't anything to do
I love the University at Buffalo
Lecturer in Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2016
As a student and as a part-time temporary faculty member and lecturer, I found the university to be top notch! Autonomy, challenge and support are trademarks of this institution of higher education.
Great benifits as with most state jobs but job culture is suspect.
Maintenance/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2014
Great benifits as with most state jobs but job culture is suspect. Management is acceptable but supervisors, at least where I am stationed, lack proper communication skills. With this in mind an easy job is made more complicated than it should be.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
job culture is suspect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University at Buffalo. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3