University at Buffalo Employee Reviews

I love the University at Buffalo
Lecturer in Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2016
As a student and as a part-time temporary faculty member and lecturer, I found the university to be top notch! Autonomy, challenge and support are trademarks of this institution of higher education.
Best job for a student
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2015
Flexible hours to focus on school. Raises every 6 months. Nice people to work with. Opportunities to improve procedures, work in teams, and train others.
Productive and good workplace
Standardized Patient (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 18, 2015
Good place to work. I enjoy working with my colleagues and tackling different challenges. Everyday is different and present new opportunities, not just the same day in day out. Good work-life balance.
Great University
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 17, 2015
The University has world class faculty with emphasis both on academics and research . This made the learning experience excellent and education really excellent
my co-workers
Part-time Adjunct ASL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 13, 2015
Great work place with supportive team. They are excellent at sharing feedbacks, experiences, ideas for classroom activities. They are very good team players.
Good Student workplace
Librarian- Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 7, 2015
It is a easy and good workplace for students attending the university. Your studies come first and it is a nice relaxing work pace, where you can do what you want, but still have work to do.
Amazing University
Cell Biology Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 24, 2015
Love the university environment, fun, beautiful, amazing people. The best thing about working as a teacher assistant is firstly, I love teaching and love meeting new people.
Work life at UB
Crew (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 25, 2015
A typical day working in the UB food court is non stop work even if there isn't anything left to do. The managers would come and tell you to find something to do even though you've completed all your tasks at your station. The management is extremely strict however my co-workers were all nice people. I made some good friends and good memories while working there. The hardest part of the job was yelling out order numbers in the dining hall because it's always loud. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with my co-workers.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Always have to be doing something even when there isn't anything to do
okay work study
Office Coordinator / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 22, 2015
easy work study job
good management
lots of perks
can study and work at the same time
it is understood that school comes first
Good place to do research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 21, 2015
Flexible working time, advisers are very supportive, can learn various skills, great place for study and doing research
Good part time jobs
Athletics Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 9, 2015
Good place to work while attending classes in the University.Work can be very hectic and tiring sometimes at night shifts
Pros
Free meals
Productive, well-funded
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2015
As far as graduate student life goes, my time at UB was productive and beneficial. The chemistry department offers competitive stipend. Staff and faculty is approachable and is often to collaboration. A wide variety of instruments are available for use.
Great starting work as a college student.
DJ Services (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed being employed by the University in three different positions. Working for the school radio station, food court and gym receptionist were different environments to work in and all granted me exceptional experience.
Pros
scheduling around conflicts
Cons
low pay
Friendly coworkers and lots of learning opprtunuites.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning the lab area, a task that was repeated several times throughout the day as students came in and out. Cleaning and testing equipment was conducted weekly, and in my downtime I manned the lab's office and distributed work materials to the students. Occasionally I would help with office work such as filing and organization.
The many things I took away from this job include interpersonal cooperation, office skills, organization skills, and some skills with tools.
The management of the lab was hands-off. My direct supervisor was kept busy with his own work, and after assigning tasks, he left me and my co-workers to our own devices.
My coworkers and I worked closely together. We divided the work among us, and often were required to come up with creative solutions to finish our work without disturbing the students.
The hardest part of my job was testing containment showers and eyewash stations. It was a time consuming task which required at least two people, and often resulted in being splashed by water.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the dental students. They were kind enough to be accommodating when we moved around the lab, and often grateful that we cleaned their workstations and equipment so often.
Cons
Long periods of waiting in between tasks
Productive graduate research environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 27, 2015
I have been worked and studied at UB for ~2 years. I am able to make my own hours as a graduate student in a research position, so day-to-day work varies. In this position, I was able to take classes in GIS, Remote Sensing, and Statistics in the Geology Department, as well as increase my experience in UNIX environments and with various code/scripting languages through work with the Engineering department. The university has an extensive course list for most areas of study.
good work environment
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2015
It is a good place to work except my job was based on available funding. Friendly and lots of opportunity to learn and improve
Excellent Education
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Functional Anatomy (Current Employee) –  Kimball TowerApril 17, 2015
Excellent opportunities for advancement and educational attainment. Diverse programs, committed staff, and enthusiastic students make this up and coming research university a pleasure and privilege to attend.
Productive and good learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 7, 2015
A good place to work with good instructors. I have handled classes with strength up to 200 students with ease. The constant vigil of the instructors and the course design has helped me not only to manage the students but also learn a lot about the courses. Holding regular office hours and answering to students' questions have given me more insight into the course itself
Intramural Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 6, 2015
Working at UB was a great experience. I was able to manage a workforce of students while also being able to balance schoolwork and classes. The hours were flexible and my coworkers were a pleasure to work with.
Exciting and fun to watch the college athletes perform
Athletic Events Staff (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2015
Working as the Athletic Event Staff at The State University of New York at Buffalo was fun. Usually the day of the game we would have to work which would be for minimum 6 hours but the manager was very nice so would be able to work throughout the 6 hours properly. At times it would get a little difficult as we had to work outside and weather in Buffalo is very rough so its kinda difficult but overall with other co-workers our work would get done properly.

4.2