University at Buffalo

University at Buffalo Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2016
I loved my job at UB in the Psychological Services Center (clinic). The employees and grad students were friendly and helpful to each other. The atmosphere in my area was laid back and relaxed for the most part. We were quite a "team"!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very hard to find a parking space!
Excellent opportunity to kick start the graduate studies
Research Assistant to Prof. H R Rao (Former Employee) –  Jacobs Management CenterFebruary 1, 2016
The Research Assistantship gave me an insight into the research aspects of the social network analysis. I got the exposure to different software used in this area and got to work with my professor and PhD students. They were all very helpful and ready to offer any kind of support, both at work and personally. The work culture is really good and I am having a great time working with them. As far as I am concerned, the hardest part of the job is the understanding of the requirement and data analysis. It consumes most of my working hours. With this experience, I learned how to manage my time, how to look at structured and unstructured data and analyse it, improved my communication skills and learnt more about the professional etiquette in US.
Pros
Salary, Learning, Freedom to express, Flexible work timings
Cons
Good atmosphere, well equipped, teamwork.
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 22, 2016
People in general were very welcoming, kind, and open to working with one another. Co-workers would help one another work on projects and share helpful information related to the subjects at hand or helpful techniques related to different procedures. The lab had a variety of equipment and machines for carrying out many assays. Discussion of results in groups was incredibly helpful to work on next steps to take and help solve problems encountered, which was the best part since people from all sorts of experience to give guidance. The hardest part was when study specific problems arose and others could not offer much insight on how to solve it.
Pros
People of different, yet similar, practices to obtain guidance from.
Cons
Sometimes long hours without much result
met a few good people
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 14, 2016
It's a cutthroat environment. Not worth the great salary. I learned a lot that I've used at my subsequent job but all in all UB is not a great place to work.
Pros
money
Cons
evil people
good job
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 17, 2016
Great office culture and work life balance. People are extremely friendly, helpful. Good opportunity for growth and to learn professionally .
fun
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Flint, NYOctober 12, 2016
i learned to communicate more with customers and how to provide them with the best help and to make them happy. I love to have a huge responsibility to treat people with respect and kindness. I love to make a great connection with customers so I can be a leader and be successful like I want to be I love communicating with people.
Pros
the love people show
Cons
communication
Best job for a student
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2015
Flexible hours to focus on school. Raises every 6 months. Nice people to work with. Opportunities to improve procedures, work in teams, and train others.
Good place to study and work.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 21, 2016
Just like the atmosphere in Buffalo, University at Buffalo has a very friendly job culture, and is an ideal place to do scientific research without being annoyed by different stuffs.
Free to think and manage school work
Internship - 3-D Laboratory Technican (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 3, 2016
Control 3-D printers in a operational conditions.

Assist graduate student to per print job with printer software.

Co-workers and I have communication method through email and google drive even through most of the time we won't be seeing each other.
Internship
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2016
I got this job as part of an internship and assisted office employees with their daily task and everyone was friendly and nice. For the most part it was enjoyable to show up.
Right place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2016
This university is the hub for learning. I have learnt the theoretical aspects of engineering as the ability of execution in an industrial level. Most of the focus in the research has been scientific which gives in depth knowledge about the physics involved in a system that is helpful in the long run.
Learned a lot about diversity and other cultures
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 8, 2016
Being a student assistant with Campus Living a the New York State University at Buffalo was rewarding and challenging. Helping international students navigate their way through the cultural norms of both college life and American way of life was very rewarding. Having spent the last 5 years at U.B., I have learned that anything is possible with a little patience and creativity. Also, I was able to notice the little things that I had taken for granted when helping those that had different cultural backgrounds. A typical day would be answering resident's questions, delivering mail, helping with general office duties, providing assistance with issues that residents would have with general maintenance and other problems that would occur at the complex.
good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 27, 2016
It's really exciting working here. I worked on two projects as a research assistant.Overall good experience!

Projects included data modeling process for NoSql Databases and Predictive analytics for supply chain
Very great workplacce, helpful and inspiring
Sports Marketing Student Intern and Mascot (Current Employee) –  Alumni ArenaMay 13, 2016
A typical day as the mascot starts with arrival time. These were assigned prior to the day of the event. I arrive get suited up and work through whatever sporting event or appearance. I entertain the crowds and greet whoever I may be assigned to meet. During some games I am assigned to help during some on field games.
Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  210 BonnerJuly 11, 2016
As a graduate research assistant, I work towards my PhD degree, My schedule is pretty flexible. My supervisor is quite supportive on my research. We have lab events every few months and these are very fun experiences!
Hostile Work Environment
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 23, 2015
As a Research Coordinator at the Center for Clinical Research, I can attest to the fact that the leadership at the CTRC is sorely lacking. There is no direction from the supervisors. There is no orientation period. You are expected to perform your duties without basic instruction of all that the position entails. I found this to be a hostile work environment. Professionalism is lacking. The Human Resource Department was unsupportive of staff issues. Could be a great place to work with different leadership.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
The negative treatment you have to endure for good pay and benefits
An excellent learning experince
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2016
The variety of laboratory techniques learned and applied contributed greatly to gaining experience in a laboratory oriented class. Opportunities to practice and learn about laboratory techniques that will be useful for the rest of my life.
Productive and fun experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2016
Friendly staffs welcomed me and assisted me to work in desirable place. I learned a lot from the professors and this job gave me lots of flexibility to work.
learn a lot
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 7, 2016
I have learnt alot while working as a research assistant at university at Buffalo. I worked with a doctor on a very diverse data set. the management was very friendly.
Great benifits as with most state jobs but job culture is suspect.
Maintenance/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2014
Great benifits as with most state jobs but job culture is suspect. Management is acceptable but supervisors, at least where I am stationed, lack proper communication skills. With this in mind an easy job is made more complicated than it should be.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Job culture is suspect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University at Buffalo. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3