University at Buffalo Employee Reviews

Good environment to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 20, 2017
I focused on the renewable energy storage devices, especially for Li-air battery and supercapacitor. The environment is good and people is nice. Good place to learn.
great place to work
Financial Aid Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2017
great place to work, lots of opportunity for advancement. They understand the value of family. Understand that there is more to your live than just working
Very supportive faculty
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 2, 2017
Faculty members are very supportive and everybody in the department are so friendly. But you need to be clear about what you need and what you want in order to have a balanced job/life style.
Very flexible with school schedule and Great supervisors.
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2017
My time with UB was a great learning experience. My supervisors were able to give me clear directions on what needed to be done and they were very flexible with my prior school commitments.
Ta
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 9, 2017
Hardest part was not being too nice. Most students were ok, but a few would try to take advantage of you. If you give them an inch of rope they'll try to hang you by it.
Dietetic Intern
Dietetic Internship Emphasis (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 23, 2017
As a dietetic intern completing a Masters degree a typical day was busy. I had to allow for time to complete homework, study, attend classes and work forty hours per week to complete my required supervised hours.
Great Opportunity
Teaching Assistant(CSE 116) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 21, 2017
On a typical day of work I'll spend the first hour helping students out with their recitation activities. During the second hour, I'll go over a programming lesson relevant to what they're learning such as queues or stacks.I also have a weekly meeting where all the TAs and the professor review how the course is going and how it should progress. Finally, I hold office hours where students can ask me for 1:1 help.
Pros
Great environment, positive impact on community
A Good Work Environment with Good Opportunities
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2017
A good place to work. A nice job culture and many opportunities. I've learned how to work well with others and made connections with talented people. Great facilities and resources available.
Great work environment
Assistantship and Projects (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2017
Great work environment.Very goo learning opportunity and good pay packages. It was very pleasant experience to work with professors and learn new things
Good combination of work/study
Public Sites CIT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 22, 2017
Working a the University at Buffalo as a CIT Public sites consultant is the perfect job for a full-time student. I am able to get the desired amount of hours each week which is never overwhelming and am also able to work on my studies when work is slow.
Pros
Flexible schedules, great supervisors
Nice place
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 20, 2017
There are many great opportunities provided by Department of Mathematics. It is one department that providing many different concentrations. We not only have applied and pure math, also provides actuarial math, math education and so on. At the same time, it collaborates with many other majors. It shares courses with computer science and (bio-)statistics department, which helps to learn more areas and find the best fit among math and all these expansions of math.

Additionally, Department of Mathematics is one of the very few departments in UB offering undergraduate students opportunities to be a teaching assistant. It is a great experience especially for the students interesting in teaching or considering master or higher degree.
Workplace culture is great.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 20, 2017
Workplace culture is great. The supervisors were knowledgable, professional, and nice. My coworkers were from Iran, China, and of course America with different color. We worked together well. Sometimes things happened, but my supervisors could handle it in peace. I loved that place.
Horrible Experience
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 12, 2017
My supervisor told me after being here seven months that my contract would not be renewed. I still had five months to go on my contract. I had an evaluation that told me nothing about the quality of my work. I wasn't given a reason for my termination, because UB doesn't have to if you're not a permanent employee.

If you have a good supervisor, it can be a nice place to work. If you had a terrible one, like I did, it can be extremely stressful.
Pros
Good benefits, lots of PTO
Cons
Low salaries, bad supervisors
Amazing
campus dining / Food truck operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2017
They are a great start out company, willing to work with you and for you. Great for teaching experience and success. The other employees are very through in their training and they do not set you up to fail
Very friendly work enviornment
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 29, 2017
Every supervisor I have had while working here has been kind and friendly and made me feel welcome in the workplace. They always allow for advancement
Its okay, i guess
Post Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 14, 2017
This is a nice place to work in terms of work load. Unfortunately this is Buffalo and it is very hard to get funding for research projects. If you are truly interested in research then find a better university.
Fun atmosphere
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 8, 2017
Athletic training students at the University at Buffalo are treated like members of the team and are privileged to knowledge if they ask. Great group of athletic trainers to work with.
Good Work life balance
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 5, 2017
A great place with really work as you are an end stack developer and need to know a variety of technologies. Handling all the deployments gives you a lot of responsibility. Cross domain experience is obtained while performing Social Experiments.
Pros
Loads of Freedom, Wfh
Cons
Heavily Taxed
Wonderful place to work
STUDENT UNION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 28, 2017
The students and staff in Student life are an incredibly welcoming bunch. I enjoyed working with them and getting to know them. typical work day as a union manager consisted of helping groups facilitate their event by providing whatever they need (tables, chairs, electronic devices etc) Learned a lot about teamwork and trusting your co-workers. Management was very nice, understanding and had a positive attitude, definitely loves UB.
Pros
Able to do homework when it was slow
Cons
no breaks
Secure job with great benefits
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14260February 9, 2017
The job consists of a set of tasks for each individual, each day, based on the areas or buildings they will be stationed in. The tasks can be time consuming and can sometimes require multitasking. Time management is the most useful skill for this job. Day-to-day schedule is consistently routine, especially when classes are in session.
Pros
Number of breaks, great benefits, go at your own pace
Cons
Required to cover absent co-workers, long probation