University at Buffalo Employee Reviews in United States

Good atmosphere, well equipped, teamwork.
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 22, 2016
People in general were very welcoming, kind, and open to working with one another. Co-workers would help one another work on projects and share helpful information related to the subjects at hand or helpful techniques related to different procedures. The lab had a variety of equipment and machines for carrying out many assays. Discussion of results in groups was incredibly helpful to work on next steps to take and help solve problems encountered, which was the best part since people from all sorts of experience to give guidance. The hardest part was when study specific problems arose and others could not offer much insight on how to solve it.
Pros
People of different, yet similar, practices to obtain guidance from.
Cons
Sometimes long hours without much result
good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 27, 2016
It's really exciting working here. I worked on two projects as a research assistant.Overall good experience!

Projects included data modeling process for NoSql Databases and Predictive analytics for supply chain
Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  210 BonnerJuly 11, 2016
As a graduate research assistant, I work towards my PhD degree, My schedule is pretty flexible. My supervisor is quite supportive on my research. We have lab events every few months and these are very fun experiences!
Right place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2016
This university is the hub for learning. I have learnt the theoretical aspects of engineering as the ability of execution in an industrial level. Most of the focus in the research has been scientific which gives in depth knowledge about the physics involved in a system that is helpful in the long run.
Great Benefits
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2016
I loved my job at UB in the Psychological Services Center (clinic). The employees and grad students were friendly and helpful to each other. The atmosphere in my area was laid back and relaxed for the most part. We were quite a "team"!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very hard to find a parking space!
Productive and fun experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2016
Friendly staffs welcomed me and assisted me to work in desirable place. I learned a lot from the professors and this job gave me lots of flexibility to work.
An excellent learning experince
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2016
The variety of laboratory techniques learned and applied contributed greatly to gaining experience in a laboratory oriented class. Opportunities to practice and learn about laboratory techniques that will be useful for the rest of my life.
Very great workplacce, helpful and inspiring
Sports Marketing Student Intern and Mascot (Current Employee) –  Alumni ArenaMay 13, 2016
A typical day as the mascot starts with arrival time. These were assigned prior to the day of the event. I arrive get suited up and work through whatever sporting event or appearance. I entertain the crowds and greet whoever I may be assigned to meet. During some games I am assigned to help during some on field games.
Relaxed, welcoming staff
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 28, 2016
All staff in the office I worked for at University at Buffalo were very welcoming and had not problem assisting me with any problems that I may have faced at work
met a few good people
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 14, 2016
It's a cutthroat environment. Not worth the great salary. I learned a lot that I've used at my subsequent job but all in all UB is not a great place to work.
Pros
money
Cons
evil people

Want to know more about University at Buffalo?

Ask a question
learn a lot
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 7, 2016
I have learnt alot while working as a research assistant at university at Buffalo. I worked with a doctor on a very diverse data set. the management was very friendly.
Learned a lot about diversity and other cultures
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 8, 2016
Being a student assistant with Campus Living a the New York State University at Buffalo was rewarding and challenging. Helping international students navigate their way through the cultural norms of both college life and American way of life was very rewarding. Having spent the last 5 years at U.B., I have learned that anything is possible with a little patience and creativity. Also, I was able to notice the little things that I had taken for granted when helping those that had different cultural backgrounds. A typical day would be answering resident's questions, delivering mail, helping with general office duties, providing assistance with issues that residents would have with general maintenance and other problems that would occur at the complex.
Great Place to Work
Admissions Processor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 7, 2016
The managers and staff are friendly and very professional. The hours were flexible, which made it less stressful if there were personal issues.
Great School
Fixed Income Securities, Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Professors and faculties in UB are great. They are super helpful and useful. They gave me a lot flexibility through my work. My employer: professor Ogden is patient and nice.
Excellent opportunity to kick start the graduate studies
Research Assistant to Prof. H R Rao (Former Employee) –  Jacobs Management CenterFebruary 1, 2016
The Research Assistantship gave me an insight into the research aspects of the social network analysis. I got the exposure to different software used in this area and got to work with my professor and PhD students. They were all very helpful and ready to offer any kind of support, both at work and personally. The work culture is really good and I am having a great time working with them. As far as I am concerned, the hardest part of the job is the understanding of the requirement and data analysis. It consumes most of my working hours. With this experience, I learned how to manage my time, how to look at structured and unstructured data and analyse it, improved my communication skills and learnt more about the professional etiquette in US.
Pros
Salary, Learning, Freedom to express, Flexible work timings
I love the University at Buffalo
Lecturer in Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2016
As a student and as a part-time temporary faculty member and lecturer, I found the university to be top notch! Autonomy, challenge and support are trademarks of this institution of higher education.
Best job for a student
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2015
Flexible hours to focus on school. Raises every 6 months. Nice people to work with. Opportunities to improve procedures, work in teams, and train others.
Productive and good workplace
Standardized Patient (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 18, 2015
Good place to work. I enjoy working with my colleagues and tackling different challenges. Everyday is different and present new opportunities, not just the same day in day out. Good work-life balance.
Great University
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 17, 2015
The University has world class faculty with emphasis both on academics and research . This made the learning experience excellent and education really excellent
my co-workers
Part-time Adjunct ASL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 13, 2015
Great work place with supportive team. They are excellent at sharing feedbacks, experiences, ideas for classroom activities. They are very good team players.

4.3