University at Buffalo Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed, welcoming staff
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 28, 2016
All staff in the office I worked for at University at Buffalo were very welcoming and had not problem assisting me with any problems that I may have faced at work
met a few good people
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 14, 2016
It's a cutthroat environment. Not worth the great salary. I learned a lot that I've used at my subsequent job but all in all UB is not a great place to work.
Pros
money
Cons
evil people
learn a lot
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 7, 2016
I have learnt alot while working as a research assistant at university at Buffalo. I worked with a doctor on a very diverse data set. the management was very friendly.
Learned a lot about diversity and other cultures
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 8, 2016
Being a student assistant with Campus Living a the New York State University at Buffalo was rewarding and challenging. Helping international students navigate their way through the cultural norms of both college life and American way of life was very rewarding. Having spent the last 5 years at U.B., I have learned that anything is possible with a little patience and creativity. Also, I was able to notice the little things that I had taken for granted when helping those that had different cultural backgrounds. A typical day would be answering resident's questions, delivering mail, helping with general office duties, providing assistance with issues that residents would have with general maintenance and other problems that would occur at the complex.
Great Place to Work
Admissions Processor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 7, 2016
The managers and staff are friendly and very professional. The hours were flexible, which made it less stressful if there were personal issues.
Great School
Fixed Income Securities, Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Professors and faculties in UB are great. They are super helpful and useful. They gave me a lot flexibility through my work. My employer: professor Ogden is patient and nice.
Excellent opportunity to kick start the graduate studies
Research Assistant to Prof. H R Rao (Former Employee) –  Jacobs Management CenterFebruary 1, 2016
The Research Assistantship gave me an insight into the research aspects of the social network analysis. I got the exposure to different software used in this area and got to work with my professor and PhD students. They were all very helpful and ready to offer any kind of support, both at work and personally. The work culture is really good and I am having a great time working with them. As far as I am concerned, the hardest part of the job is the understanding of the requirement and data analysis. It consumes most of my working hours. With this experience, I learned how to manage my time, how to look at structured and unstructured data and analyse it, improved my communication skills and learnt more about the professional etiquette in US.
Pros
Salary, Learning, Freedom to express, Flexible work timings
I love the University at Buffalo
Lecturer in Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2016
As a student and as a part-time temporary faculty member and lecturer, I found the university to be top notch! Autonomy, challenge and support are trademarks of this institution of higher education.
Best job for a student
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2015
Flexible hours to focus on school. Raises every 6 months. Nice people to work with. Opportunities to improve procedures, work in teams, and train others.
Productive and good workplace
Standardized Patient (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 18, 2015
Good place to work. I enjoy working with my colleagues and tackling different challenges. Everyday is different and present new opportunities, not just the same day in day out. Good work-life balance.
Great University
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 17, 2015
The University has world class faculty with emphasis both on academics and research . This made the learning experience excellent and education really excellent
my co-workers
Part-time Adjunct ASL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 13, 2015
Great work place with supportive team. They are excellent at sharing feedbacks, experiences, ideas for classroom activities. They are very good team players.
Good Student workplace
Librarian- Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 7, 2015
It is a easy and good workplace for students attending the university. Your studies come first and it is a nice relaxing work pace, where you can do what you want, but still have work to do.
Amazing University
Cell Biology Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 24, 2015
Love the university environment, fun, beautiful, amazing people. The best thing about working as a teacher assistant is firstly, I love teaching and love meeting new people.
Work life at UB
Crew (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 25, 2015
A typical day working in the UB food court is non stop work even if there isn't anything left to do. The managers would come and tell you to find something to do even though you've completed all your tasks at your station. The management is extremely strict however my co-workers were all nice people. I made some good friends and good memories while working there. The hardest part of the job was yelling out order numbers in the dining hall because it's always loud. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with my co-workers.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Always have to be doing something even when there isn't anything to do
okay work study
Office Coordinator / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 22, 2015
easy work study job
good management
lots of perks
can study and work at the same time
it is understood that school comes first
Good place to do research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 21, 2015
Flexible working time, advisers are very supportive, can learn various skills, great place for study and doing research
Good part time jobs
Athletics Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 9, 2015
Good place to work while attending classes in the University.Work can be very hectic and tiring sometimes at night shifts
Pros
Free meals
Productive, well-funded
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2015
As far as graduate student life goes, my time at UB was productive and beneficial. The chemistry department offers competitive stipend. Staff and faculty is approachable and is often to collaboration. A wide variety of instruments are available for use.
Great starting work as a college student.
DJ Services (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed being employed by the University in three different positions. Working for the school radio station, food court and gym receptionist were different environments to work in and all granted me exceptional experience.
Pros
scheduling around conflicts
Cons
low pay

4.3