University at Buffalo Employee Reviews

Its okay, i guess
Post Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 14, 2017
This is a nice place to work in terms of work load. Unfortunately this is Buffalo and it is very hard to get funding for research projects. If you are truly interested in research then find a better university.
Fun atmosphere
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 8, 2017
Athletic training students at the University at Buffalo are treated like members of the team and are privileged to knowledge if they ask. Great group of athletic trainers to work with.
Good Work life balance
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 5, 2017
A great place with really work as you are an end stack developer and need to know a variety of technologies. Handling all the deployments gives you a lot of responsibility. Cross domain experience is obtained while performing Social Experiments.
Pros
Loads of Freedom, WFH
Cons
Heavily Taxed
Wonderful place to work
STUDENT UNION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 28, 2017
The students and staff in Student life are an incredibly welcoming bunch. I enjoyed working with them and getting to know them. typical work day as a union manager consisted of helping groups facilitate their event by providing whatever they need (tables, chairs, electronic devices etc) Learned a lot about teamwork and trusting your co-workers. Management was very nice, understanding and had a positive attitude, definitely loves UB.
Pros
Able to do homework when it was slow
Cons
no breaks
Secure job with great benefits
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14260February 9, 2017
The job consists of a set of tasks for each individual, each day, based on the areas or buildings they will be stationed in. The tasks can be time consuming and can sometimes require multitasking. Time management is the most useful skill for this job. Day-to-day schedule is consistently routine, especially when classes are in session.
Pros
Number of breaks, great benefits, go at your own pace
Cons
Required to cover absent co-workers, long probation
Overall a good university to be in.
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Balanced Lifestyle
Reasonable Stores nearby
Fun workplace
Spin Instructor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Management could be better at communicating with their employees. Overall a fun place to work. I can't really complain about getting paid to exercise.
Pros
My job is fun.
Cons
Class sizes are small
Excellent University
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Research labJanuary 18, 2017
UB is an awesome place to learn and socialize. With world famous professors, and state of the art labs, UB research facilities are setting the bar high for research industry.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 12, 2017
See from resume below

Was responsible for teaching and assisting incoming/potential engineering freshman with understanding basic mathematical and physical principles. Students were tasked with communicating with each other and cooperating together to complete their miniature golf courses on 4x8 boards of wood. My job was to assist the instructor with overseeing each group’s progress and supervising any and all students utilizing the labs power tools
Good place to study and work.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 21, 2016
Just like the atmosphere in Buffalo, University at Buffalo has a very friendly job culture, and is an ideal place to do scientific research without being annoyed by different stuffs.
Internship
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2016
I got this job as part of an internship and assisted office employees with their daily task and everyone was friendly and nice. For the most part it was enjoyable to show up.
good job
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 17, 2016
Great office culture and work life balance. People are extremely friendly, helpful. Good opportunity for growth and to learn professionally .
fun
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Flint, NYOctober 12, 2016
i learned to communicate more with customers and how to provide them with the best help and to make them happy. I love to have a huge responsibility to treat people with respect and kindness. I love to make a great connection with customers so I can be a leader and be successful like I want to be I love communicating with people.
Pros
the love people show
Cons
communication
Free to think and manage school work
Internship - 3-D Laboratory Technican (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 3, 2016
Control 3-D printers in a operational conditions.

Assist graduate student to per print job with printer software.

Co-workers and I have communication method through email and google drive even through most of the time we won't be seeing each other.
Good atmosphere, well equipped, teamwork.
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 22, 2016
People in general were very welcoming, kind, and open to working with one another. Co-workers would help one another work on projects and share helpful information related to the subjects at hand or helpful techniques related to different procedures. The lab had a variety of equipment and machines for carrying out many assays. Discussion of results in groups was incredibly helpful to work on next steps to take and help solve problems encountered, which was the best part since people from all sorts of experience to give guidance. The hardest part was when study specific problems arose and others could not offer much insight on how to solve it.
Pros
People of different, yet similar, practices to obtain guidance from.
Cons
Sometimes long hours without much result
good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 27, 2016
It's really exciting working here. I worked on two projects as a research assistant.Overall good experience!

Projects included data modeling process for NoSql Databases and Predictive analytics for supply chain
Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  210 BonnerJuly 11, 2016
As a graduate research assistant, I work towards my PhD degree, My schedule is pretty flexible. My supervisor is quite supportive on my research. We have lab events every few months and these are very fun experiences!
Right place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2016
This university is the hub for learning. I have learnt the theoretical aspects of engineering as the ability of execution in an industrial level. Most of the focus in the research has been scientific which gives in depth knowledge about the physics involved in a system that is helpful in the long run.
Great Benefits
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2016
I loved my job at UB in the Psychological Services Center (clinic). The employees and grad students were friendly and helpful to each other. The atmosphere in my area was laid back and relaxed for the most part. We were quite a "team"!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very hard to find a parking space!
Productive and fun experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2016
Friendly staffs welcomed me and assisted me to work in desirable place. I learned a lot from the professors and this job gave me lots of flexibility to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University at Buffalo. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3