University Behavioral Center Employee Reviews in United States

Violent facility, lack of regard for safety of employees, management very disrespectful to patients
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2015
UBC is awful. This is the worst job I have ever had. I hung in there for a few months, but after multiple patients tried to attack me and nothing was done by management despite my complaints, I decided to leave.
I was constantly guilt-tripped into working double shifts because of being understaffed, I went multiple days in a row without meal breaks, I would wait upwards of an hour for my relief to show up after my shift, and I would be called at 5am asking if I could come in early.
UBC is all about the money. They will take anyone, regardless of diagnosis, and we have 'frequent fliers' because they are not given the help that they need and deserve.
DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Fair place to work
Utilization Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2015
This is a great place to work if you are straight out of college. You will gain a wealth of experience. However, when you gain your credentials this place doesn't pay well at all!!!!!
Understaffed
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2015
Not a good experience working here as an RN. Frequently understaffed, RN is the first one to be thrown under the bus, administration does not listen to the needs of the staff, priority for this company is $$ with no concern for the safety of staff or patients, although they claim that is their top priority.
Charge RN for in-patient children ( Psychiatry)
Supervisor/Charge RN (Psychiatry) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2015
Charge RN for 30 bed in-patient children's Psychiatry unit.
Administer medications and any treatments as MD ordered. Follow behavioral treatment plans. Interact with family members and healthcare, behavioral team. Maintain patient safety at all times. Manage time to allow for 1:1 patient care ( med treatments, listening/counseling ).
The best part of the job was seeing the children change negative, inappropriate behaviors into positive behaviors and developing positive self esteem.

The most difficult part of the job was caring for children who have known nothing but institutions their entire lives, have no family or friends and are basically unwanted by anyone.

I was very fortunate to have wonderful co-workers.
Pros
Great Facility
Cons
Sadness for caring for unwanted children
Negative experiance for me.
Mental Health Technician II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2015
Technicians were not offered appropriate support from management. My interaction with peers was very enjoyable, professional and patient care was very good. Very god camaraderie. Overall disappointing experiance management wise. Regrettable decision to join this hospital.
Pros
Fellow workers
Cons
poor leadership
Very good experience!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
Very fast paced atmosphere with a lot of good therapists who are willing to help out the interns. There is a broad spectrum of populations to work with there such as acute care, long term care, children, adults, mental health, homeless, low socioeconomic status, high socioeconomic status.
great pay dont pay the piece of mind
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  orlando, flMarch 27, 2014
Great pay, expensive benefits, lead housekeeper troublemaker, director of operations harrass thru the cameras. Very stressful environment.

Personal experience. .. Didn't went thru orientation, no training.
Pros
some staff, the patients (kids)
Cons
lead supervisor big troublemaker. short breaks, tons of work for 8 hrs. favoritism.
Detached Admin
RN (Former Employee) –  nurseMarch 25, 2014
Because staff is highly supportive of one another (for the most part), the patients are enjoyable to work with and for, and you feel like you really make a difference in this job, it can be (and often is!) great to work here.

However, because of a detached administration that gets involved only at times of crisis and seeks to punish rather than praise, I'd probably not recommend working here.
Pros
decent pay, fair scheduling, patients
Cons
detached admin/management, sometimes unsafe due to call-outs and resource constraints
"A box of chocolates"
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2014
Each day was different from the rest, some negative but mostly positive. The children can be tough to manage at times, but with interventions and support, the defiance rarely lasted. A good job for recent graduates/current students. Great job if children and/or mental health is your passion.
Pros
supportive staff, the kids (patients)
Cons
short breaks, frequent call outs and mandatory calls overtime due to call outs
program
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2014
This job was special I worked with conduct disorder behavior kids and I felt I was making a difference on these kids' lives, doing group support, talking about how society can be cruel sometimes and how to deal with it.
enjoyed the hours, working with kids
Cook/Line Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2013
cooked and served daily meals from breakfast ,lunch, anddinner for approx. 100 people each day
Pros
working with kids feeding them a good meal
stressful but fun
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2013
Team approach, administration detached, stressful at times
work day
Lead Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2013
Job Duties include supervising a team, monitoring a diverse group of youth of different ethnicities, culture and ages who suffer from physical or sexual trauma as well as other unspecified mental health issues within a residential facility. Assuring quality customer service to youths and parents within the facility. Reviewing and facilitating treatment plans and recording daily youth progression. Using written and verbal communication to ensure youths are receiving superior service from all shifts. Creating and facilitating activities that stress team and physical fitness agendas.
Pros
great staff
Cons
rough environment
A great company to work with.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2013
Im glad I worked with this company. I gained experience and met new people. They have great benefits and opportunity for growth.