University Health Care System Employee Reviews

Good Job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 11, 2017
University Hospital is one of the best hospitals I've worked at as far as ensuring adequate staffing, rewarding staff, education, etc. Hourly base pay is minimal. Good teamwork.
Great employer
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 19, 2017
Excellent environment to learn multiple technologies and devices. The environment allows employees to explore cross platform experience. The work performed also allows for expanding beyond a single arena of scope.
Prompt care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCJanuary 28, 2017
Not a pleasant place to work management is horrible patients are sweet but the work environment for the pay and hours di not match up the turn over rate is ridiculous always new faces and the people they let go they had no real reasons to do so again managers are terrible hours long pay minimum
Pros
Patient care and experience
Cons
Hours managers short lunch little pay
Operating Room
Surgical Technologist Extern (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
I love working with the employers at University. They really teach you about the O.R. environment. If I wanted to continue working in the Augusta area, University would be one of my first choices to work.
Dietary aide westwood
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 14, 2016
The older people in the home are sweet hearts bu the employees are so rude the kitchen workers talk about each other its really a bad home needs to be torn down ..
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
To Much work little pay
Great place to work with the interaction with the patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 7, 2016
There is a very great sense of team work. Always be kind no matter what happens in your day. It is a great place to work assisting the patients and the interaction between the staff and the patients.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
work three weekend a month and only off one.
Everyone Experience Is Different
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 13, 2016
Everyone experience is different. The experience that I had was not as pleasant. Be mindful if you are in school and if you have another job. Let no one stop you from achieving your goals. I will not work for this place ever again.
Pros
Learned a lot in my area and my field of work
Cons
Pay, Benefits
University Hospital Orthopedic and Spine Center PCA
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 9, 2016
If you are seeking employment with University Hospital in Augusta, Ga I would warn you to think twice before accepting a job as a PCA on their Orthopedic and Spine floor. 9 OSC as it is often referred to is by far one of the worst units to work on. The Management is poor, and on night shift they are poorly staffed except for the RN's. The Registered Nurse’s get away with complete murder, if you try to report or go against them in any way you will lose. There is no team work what so ever and if you are unable to keep up and maintain your work load you will be written up by the charge RN. The Management shows favoritism among the staff and if one of your co-workers don't like you for any reason then no one will like you, essentially you will be black balled on the unit until you either transfer to a better work environment or resign to avoid any further stress that this unit may cause in your life. I hope and pray as a PCA, CNA, PCT you do not choose to work for University hospitals orthopedic and spine unit because I guarantee you that you will soon regret it.
Pros
You can payroll deduct and charge lunch in the cafeteria with your work badge.
Cons
There are too many to list 9 OSC should be shut down.
Hospital is top driven now and little care for the staff. It is sad to see how much it has changed.
Adm 1 (Former Employee) –  Augusta-Richmond County, GAAugust 21, 2016
They are a magnet hospital but don't truly value nurses. Have become more focused on control at the top. Some very autocratic leaders.
Pros
Security, location
Cons
Don't care about their people. Hospital president is a two-faced sneak.
Great people, good company
SECRETARY (PART TIME) (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 23, 2016
Work load is inconsistent, some management is over controlling and lacking in people skills. Co-Workers are great. Great CEO.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30901June 10, 2016
Great place to work! In the past year I have been here I have had a very good experience with great people to work with and the patients are wonderful.
Great Company
AR Specialist/Certified Professional Coder (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 15, 2015
I started out as a AR Specialist and have grown in two years have gained my certification. I love working for this company. I enjoy coming to work and working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is making sure I am up to date on guidelines. Over all I love my job.
This is one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 1, 2015
I left this position for compensation. Looking back I should have stayed. Bad career move. The people I worked with we very professional and kind. They were a great team to work with.
Pros
Management, the type of work
Cons
no flexibility
Great place to work!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Loved it!! If I worked in Augusta, I would work there again in a heartbeat!!
Pros
great benefits and compensation
Cons
Being floated to other floors
The culture was not employee friendly and management made all the decision even though they are a Magnant facility
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 14, 2014
University was the most challaging place I have every worked in my career. They had management who where not qualified for their positions make critical decisions that caused many problems within the facility. Nurses have not had a raise in many years yet were expected to provide care to 6 -7 patients a day. The new computer system has cause the nurse to care for the patient according to what the computer tells them to do, not what needs to be done. This was the worst work enviorment I have ever worked in. For a Magnet faciality, they were not employee friendly.
Pros
Cons
large patient load, no raise for nurses in many years, management made all decisons.
Productive and fun place to work
Network Engineer (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 18, 2013
•a typical day at work is modifying cisco devices for the manager
•what you learned is to identify components of the F5 load balancer and the checkpoint firewall.
•management was very good to me and directed me on the work that needed to get done.
•my co-workers were very nice and instructive as to the work they wanted me to do.
•the hardest part of the job was staging the checkpoint firewall for fine tuning by the UHCS staff in GAIA
•the most enjoyable part of the job was every piece of hardware that I touched during the time of the contract.
Loved being able to help other people who was in need for assisting
Physician Locator Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 16, 2013
A day at work was like having a moment of excitement. You never knew what would happen, but it was interesting and fun. Being able to work with others was an experience of a life time, because I got a chance to learn people's personalities and learned how to cope and deal with different issues within the company.It was sometimes difficult to deal with stressful situations, but I learned how to be stress free and deal with any task before me. I truly enjoyed helping customers; such as patients, nurses, and other physicians get the assistance they needed and giving them the best customer service they deserved.
Cons
15 mins breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9