University Health Care System Employee Reviews in United States

Hospital is top driven now and little care for the staff. It is sad to see how much it has changed.
Adm 1 (Former Employee) –  Augusta-Richmond County, GAAugust 21, 2016
They are a magnet hospital but don't truly value nurses. Have become more focused on control at the top. Some very autocratic leaders.
Pros
Security, location
Cons
Don't care about their people. Hospital president is a two-faced sneak.
Great people, good company
SECRETARY (PART TIME) (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 23, 2016
Work load is inconsistent, some management is over controlling and lacking in people skills. Co-Workers are great. Great CEO.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30901June 10, 2016
Great place to work! In the past year I have been here I have had a very good experience with great people to work with and the patients are wonderful.
The culture was not employee friendly and management made all the decision even though they are a Magnant facility
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 14, 2014
University was the most challaging place I have every worked in my career. They had management who where not qualified for their positions make critical decisions that caused many problems within the facility. Nurses have not had a raise in many years yet were expected to provide care to 6 -7 patients a day. The new computer system has cause the nurse to care for the patient according to what the computer tells them to do, not what needs to be done. This was the worst work enviorment I have ever worked in. For a Magnet faciality, they were not employee friendly.
Cons
large patient load, no raise for nurses in many years, management made all decisons.
This is one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 1, 2015
I left this position for compensation. Looking back I should have stayed. Bad career move. The people I worked with we very professional and kind. They were a great team to work with.
Pros
Management, the type of work
Cons
no flexibility
Productive and fun place to work
Network Engineer (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 18, 2013
•a typical day at work is modifying cisco devices for the manager
•what you learned is to identify components of the F5 load balancer and the checkpoint firewall.
•management was very good to me and directed me on the work that needed to get done.
•my co-workers were very nice and instructive as to the work they wanted me to do.
•the hardest part of the job was staging the checkpoint firewall for fine tuning by the UHCS staff in GAIA
•the most enjoyable part of the job was every piece of hardware that I touched during the time of the contract.
Great Company
AR Specialist/Certified Professional Coder (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 15, 2015
I started out as a AR Specialist and have grown in two years have gained my certification. I love working for this company. I enjoy coming to work and working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is making sure I am up to date on guidelines. Over all I love my job.
Great place to work!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Loved it!! If I worked in Augusta, I would work there again in a heartbeat!!
Pros
great benefits and compensation
Cons
being floated to other floors
Exceptional Medical Center
Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 12, 2013
Very pleasant work environment working with top of the line professionals.

4.2