University Health System Employee Reviews

Dream Job
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 5, 2017
Best place to work at ever. You will learn a lot by working here. The workload can be a lot sometimes but the team is more than willing to help you in any way they can. The physicians do a good job of working closely with all staff to achieve all the goals we set out for our patients and patients are willing to come back when they need care again.
Pros
The culture
Cons
High Volume of Patients
Womens Health clinic
Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2017
LIked working with womens health clients. Hardest part is having to include so much in the notes to meet grant requirements. Have a good team of co workers.
Worked with a great team of heath care professional
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Working at University Health, gave me the opportunity to grow and find my direction in my professional career. The team I worked with was during the weekends and we had such a strong bonding to work together for the same purpose as well as educating each other to better serve the goal for the patients.
great supportive supervising physicians
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2017
excellent staff, great team support, flexible hours, convenient locations throughout san antonio, rotate on call, closed federal holidays
this place taught me alot
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2016
university is a great place to go as a first timer in whatever job field you are in. When i worked there i was trained very minimal and then tossed out on my own to some they wouldn't like that i did it taught me how to stay afloat when times get tough
Pros
small clinics
Cons
rarely received lunch
good place to work
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 23, 2016
good place to work, sleep lab is off site in a hotel,
very good medical coverage, some techs are scheduled to do titrations at the hospital for inpatients.
excellent managment
Neuro-Vascular ICU Staff RN (PRN) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2016
Very supportive teamwork oriented work place
lots of upward mobility provided
excellent management
safety of workers and patients of the up most priority
Pros
great teamwork and managment
Cons
computer system to convoluted for nursing, to hard to implement, what should be simple is made harder by a system that is difficult to navigate.
overall
Registration Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2016
Typical day at work was helping our patient with keeping up with your accounts, billing, and insurance verification, along with any copay, or cash quotes needed to be obtained during visit, I learned that insurances change on a daily bases, and people just don't like change, not all co-workers in general are willing to help or go out of there way to help others, hardest part of my job was explaning to patient that they would be seen, because insurance was willing to pay, enjoyable part was have satisfied patient.
Pros
using badge for lunch
Cons
at times no breaks and only 30min of lunch
Large county hospital
G/I Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2016
Level one trauma center for south Texas. Has all the pitfalls that most county hospitals encounter on a regular basis which can be very disheartening at times.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Understaffed
RN Acute Case Manager
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TxSeptember 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job is helping our precious patient's transition home with success. I have learned a great deal about every aspect of case management and discharge planning. I continue to seek new challenges.
Pros
Academic Environment
Cons
Not enough personnel
just ok to work here
Medical Records Associate/ Analyze Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2016
This place is ok to work at, management has there favorites and they get away with everything, while the others get in trouble all the time. I would never go work at this place again.
Pros
Cons
30 min lunch
Great Hospital
Medical Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2016
University Health Systems is a teaching Hospital. Great place to work. I worked with minimum 10 patients a shift, Maximum 20. We were sometimes understaffed. 20 patients was rare, difficult and draining. The nurses were very helpful.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
understaffing
Great place to work Great enviroment
Financial Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2016
University is a Great place to work at
I learned so much with computers to verify insurance inter patients personal information into the database how to lower hold bills
Management was good till we got a new manager from another hospital and things just didn't work out that's why I resigned
My co-workers were great we got along fine and we had great team work
The hardest part of my job was having to work all the accounts that come in through out the night and also have to visit the patients on the floor to obtain their insurance information
The most enjoyable part of my job was the pot locks celebrating everyone's birthdays our fellowship in general was just great
Pros
great co workers
Cons
Short lunch had to eat lunch at dest while working
Uh
Patient Care Assistant and Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJuly 16, 2016
I learned how to be a secretary on various units. My manager was not understanding and did not explain things at all. She would throw paper at me and expect me to read it. My co-workers were kind for the most part but once again would not discuss things face to face. The hardest part of the job was being in a room with two one to one patients who required one tech to one patient. It would be hard to divide my attention to 2 very needy patients and maintain the privacy required. The most enjoyable part was working in the ICU and being the unit secretary.
Pros
Nice patient care assistants on most floors
Cons
Short or no break for 12 hour shift
Enjoy working at University Health Shreveport
Labor Unit/Triage PRN RN (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 3, 2016
High acuity patients, but great pay/benefits and coworkers are great.
Will come into contact with many different types of people and medical conditions.
great level 1 Trauma experience
Trauma Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2016
Being a Trauma registrar definitely has its perks as far as gaining experience in a level 1 Trauma facility and seeing at times and reading first hand the diagnosis and procedures of the trauma patients, learning the many changes in the coding world coding for Trauma, understanding the dos and don'ts and the state requirements in coding. The job for me was not difficult at all , but it can become overwhelming when your department is always understaffed and you are trying to keep up a workload of what should be for 7 registrars, be divided into 3 registrars. The most enjoyable part of my day was always knowing that your patients were getting better by day and are being discharged.
Pros
having a level 1 truama experience
Cons
over worked, never fully staffed, harassing environment
Not a good organization to grow with
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2016
The upper management fails to recognize problems within workforce, very little room for growth, personal time off is limited at best.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Poor PTO policy, Good old boys club mentality
Good Benifits
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2016
Easy to feel over looked in such a big organization.
Pay scale has gotten better, moral, not so much.
HR can be hard to reach or respond because of the size of the organization.
I love UHS .
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2016
I was pregnant and I lost my job due to a doctor not providing the correct forms for my FMLA. I would work here again no doubt.
Team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2016
Every staff is very supportive of each other. Enjoy working on my unit. Management is always available for the staff. Hardest part of my job is the long hours but the most enjoyable part is staying busy and learning every day.
Pros
Collaborative team members
Cons
Nurse to pt ratio

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

University Health System Reviews by Location