University Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2016
Every staff is very supportive of each other. Enjoy working on my unit. Management is always available for the staff. Hardest part of my job is the long hours but the most enjoyable part is staying busy and learning every day.
Pros
Collaborative team members
Cons
Nurse to pt ratio
Great experience
Staff Nurse I (Current Employee) –  10 floor sky uhsMarch 6, 2016
Great experience for a new grad, demanding work environment, flexible hours, educational training. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Not a good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2016
this organization does not communicate within themselves; this culture is very old and some managers do not welcome new ideas. learned that you need to kiss peoples behinds to get promoted. Culture is very cliquish and managers favor employees.
Pros
the other 10 people I worked with.
Cons
short lunches, no breaks, garage is 20 min walk, from the hospital
Great Experience for potential growth
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Had the best and worst time at that place. My coworkers were the best people you can think of. Now the management is a different story. Most are very understanding but you have those hand full that really need some evaluation at their position. It's very sad when nothing is done to correct the situation after you have voiced your concerns about certain management handling. Unfair and unnecessary write ups were my last draw. Overall I enjoyed my experience. Learned a lot. Beautiful hospital.
Pros
My coworkers were the best people I've ever worked with. Very helpful employees. My second family.
Cons
Definitely short lunch breaks. Needs at least 15 minutes more.
Great work environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2016
It is truly a great place to work in SA in the health field. Its a fun and interesting place of work where every day is a new day full of different experiences.
Very productive workplace with a strong community.
Medical Records Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2016
This job was enjoyable and management was organized. The community of the office was positive and productive. I learned more health information experience than i started with.
good place to work for
Government Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Develop and coordinate various aspects of CFHP’s strategic development plan as it relates to community outreach programs and agencies including community level promotion of CFHP’s government programs, which are the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and Medicaid STAR program.
Facilitate effective communication with agencies, staff and members Serve as primary contact and liaison with various local and rural community agencies and organizations that are identified as targeted partners in promoting CFHP
Pros
good insurance
Effectiveness with Productivity with Patients
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Typical day at work consists of making the team work effectively for patients and the care that is needed. Assuring quality as well as effectiveness in day to day requirements. Most difficult part of job is watching patient go through suffering due to their health problems. However, the most enjoyable is forming a bond and relationship so the patient can have confidence as well as comfort in knowing that you will complete your job with the patients well being set as a priority.
Pros
accomplishing tasks for that day
Cons
knowing not all patients will survive treatments/.
manegnment
administrative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2015
perfect environment for me because i work in the cash office, are very nice specifically the director, and the catering mangers, also the coworkers
Great Learning Environment
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2015
Everyone motivates each other when it comes to education. There are many learning opportunities at UHS. The coworkers make the work environment enjoyable. Everyone is willing to help one another.
Pros
Coworkers, Benefits
Very productive
Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  355-2 Spencer RdNovember 20, 2015
Post daily insurance and patient payments accurately, review all accounts for proper payments or credit balances for refunds if necessary.
Pros
Recognitions to employees
Comfort
Registration Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2015
Making a difference and helping individuals by changing their life by serving the poor with food, clothing and transportation services.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner/Food Pantry/free clothes
Cons
No healthcare
Very family oriented and positive environment
Secretary for Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2015
The work environment was great; 100% medical coverage, family and close knit feeling. From the nursing staff, RNs, CNAs, secretaries and doctors, everyone felt comfortable and supportive/supported.
They were a great company. Great benefits and great CE lunches.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2015
I would work on employees prescriptions and have them mailed off in a timely manner. I learned the difference between brand and generics. I had a wonderful manager, he was very understanding and worked with us whenever we had a problem. My co-workers were just wonderful. Having to get though traffic was the worst part of the job. I enjoyed meeting different people every day.
Pros
The great team and CE lunches
Cons
sitting in traffic go to and from work
Friendly environment/workplace with truly caring Provider's
Coding and Documentation Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 8, 2015
It's always a busy, productive work day with lots of goals to be met. There's always something new to report and be track, but I've enjoyed being able to learn so many new things.
Cna
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2015
It is a great place to work at when you are beginning your career the company offer a lot of learning opportunities the downfall is the management. RN are clinic managers, which is great for patient care but there is a lot of HR issues. The compensation is low but the health benefits are great. Overall it is a good place to work if you are looking for a place that is really willing to help patients.
Some of the Best Pedi Providers Around
LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Great Pediatric Clinic with Great Staff / Providers. Fast paced clinic, learned how to be a team player but to also work as an independent especially under stressful situations. Best part of my day is when you Patients (Pediatrics) smile and hug you as they build that "trust" relationship.
Pros
Great Providers and Staff
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks
Good Benefits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Loved my co workers good benefits. Supportive supervisor, and staff the nurses at the clinic are good at what they do. The hospital is friendly, pediatrics is awesome.
Excellent health care provider without regard to race or ability to pay for services.
Assistant to the President/Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2015
Best health care system in San Antonio, providers CareLink financial assistance program for residents of Bexar County.
Pros
patients come first
Cons
highly beaurocratic
Productive and excellent learning experience
Master Social Work Intern Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2015
Each day I would do observation rounds for patients on suicide precaution and those in acute mental health units. I would screen incoming patients who reported mental health illness. Counseled and created discharge plans for patients.
Pros
Excellent learning experience working with a diversity of population
Cons
It was an internship so I didn't receive pay or benefits