University HealthCare Alliance Employee Reviews

Regret leaving last job
Coding & Charge Capture Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 14, 2016
Exclusionary environment. Management-nothing positive to say. If management determines you are NOT a good fit in-you'll be fired. Hardest part of job was navigating through politics of job. Most enjoyable part of job-ice cream social & overtime.
Opportunity to gain experience. Horrible management
Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAMarch 27, 2016
I worked there for a little over 3 months in the revenue cycle department. It was an opportunity to learn the system Epic which is being used almost everywhere. Staff on the floor is extremely friendly and definitely approachable with any questions etc.. However the down fall of the department is the manager and one of the supervisors. Too much drama, playing games, so unprofessional. They know staff hates them. Willing to not compromise. They ask what they can do better but then have a come back on why they can't do something. All their employees hate them. lol And at month end you HAVE to stay and attempt to finish whatever you can. It's just for show though. Everything can be bulk posted. Result will be the same. Manager even asked me for a copy of my offer letter when I gave my notice of resignation. Supervisor acts like a 7th grader, talking about employees being BFF in staff meetings. Truly unbelievable. They also keep talking about another company that they do not EVEN compare to whether it be class or pay.
Pros
Excellent working hours 630am to 3pm, staff on the floor is willing to help
Cons
unprofessional manager and supervisor, pay is ok if your an entry level, month end and $270 a month for benefits.
Growing work environment
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 24, 2016
My duties as a coordinator is to reconcile daily work for the registration department, Lead a group of 15 - 20 people, lead morning meetings "huddles", work on error registration reports, report end of day daily registration work.
Very Knowledgeable/ Life Experiences/Immaturity Staff and Management
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward,CAOctober 23, 2014
I would not recommend this place in Hayward especially as and Operations Support Specialist. You go in and they tell you about the job but it changes everyday, I enjoyed teaching the Epic systems and also, they don't tell you that you are suppose to go around and critique and tell on your co-workers. Management has huddles everyday to find out about each other. There is a NON-Gossiping rule but this department is the first to break it. Horrible staff experience over all. The job is the only thing I enjoyed. So please think twice before applying . YOU will be under the microscope as soon as you step foot there in Hayward. Immature staff and Management. You will walk in tall , but you will leave there everyday feeling small. I'm not bitter I'm just warning you.
Pros
fun, teaching Epic EMR systems
Cons
Snitching and spying on one another and having to report it.
Great EPIC courses and Healthcare Network
Medical Assistant Float Pool (Former Employee) –  HaywardMarch 12, 2014
* Good hourly wage considering what other clinics want to offer.
* Great EPIC classroom training offered at Stanford Hospital.
* Fast-paced, lots of information thrown at you all at once.
* Excellent C-I-CARE protocol and reinforcement.
* Daily schedule could change at any time/location.
* Plenty of resources available if you chose to use them.
Pros
Great work ethics, plenty of resources, excellent networking opportunity
Cons
Lots of broken promises of specific training, No support from Management, always being watched and scrutenized
things could have been a little more organized
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 27, 2014
The company is GREAT! However, the staff is not team oriented and it is very disheartening that growth is promised yet it is not achieved. The company focuses on amazing care for patients and one another yet they do not promote it within the office. It is very unfortunate that the management does not see it.
Pros
GREAT company with great values
Cons
the staff does not practice the values that they want to instill
Very fun atomsphere in the workplace!
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 7, 2014
Greeting my co-workers every morning. Different ways of doing my job. Learn somthing new everyday. Co-workers were team players!
Management was great! Always looking to better myself. Hardest part of the job was exceeding our month end numbers. Suceeded a few times. I can honestly say if it wasn't for the commute I could see myself still working here.
extensive training
Patient Registration Rep (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 2, 2015
Great training . Staff had extensive knowledge and training of software and ability to making learning fun. Wonderful work hours and centrally located. Co-workers were pleasant and pleasure to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to assist patients while working in a nice work place. The hardest part of the job was leaving when assignment was completed.
Pros
Detailed training with travel reimbursement
Cons
Temporary contract assignment
Unorganized and not professional
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 17, 2014
The company in walnut creek is a mess. Ghetto employees. Management does not know how to tame that office. Rules changed on a daily basis. Was trained one way then next day was told things changed and to do things differently. The place is a complete mess..
Pros
Cons
Unorganized
productive and fun work place
Revenue Integrity Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  hayward,CAJanuary 2, 2014
registering patients and calling insurances to verify if insurance is active or not I got more familiar with EPIC and NEXTGEN management was great and very up-lifting co-workers as well were a big help enjoyed working with the team
Management style lacked poise and professionalism
Systems Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 4, 2014
I left prematurely due to the management style. Kaiser was a good example of professionalism and poise.
Pros
Temporary position
Cons
Lean principals not practiced by staff by enforced to oustide sitesy
Always has work to do.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAAugust 2, 2015
Good company with very pleasant co-workers. Flexiable work hours when needed. Mangement can use more communication with employees on daily basis.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not enough communication.
Medical Billing
Medical Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 10, 2015
Processed up to 250 patients charge ticket's in EPIC & coded what needed to be coded. Good place to work. I was working there as a temp.
Great Life Balance - Missing the Work
Management (Current Employee) –  Management, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Great work environment. People are super friendly. Flexible hours. Deadlines are flexible too (can stretch deadlines from 1 day to 3 months). "Due now" simply means you've ran out of excuses.

Great place for people looking for experience, but a trap hole for those seasoned veterans which is proven by their never ending revolving door.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Laid back environment
The pay was excellent!
Epic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond CAAugust 14, 2012
The company was opened for only 2 years so it was very unorganized & kept promising more hours & we never seen it. During the time that we were suppose to be training we would have to go home early because they didn't have enough room to put everyone.
Pros
fun people to work with.
Cons
hired to many people.

2.4