University Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Not for me
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 20, 2017
The culture was ok, it was mostly stressful for me because I did not enjoy the majority of the cases in the operating room because my specialties were not done often.
Fast paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 6, 2017
Floor nurse is a hard job here. Take advantage and learn all you can. RN patient ratio is tough, sometimes 7:1 on a tele floor. You definately learn time management.
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
PCA quality seriously lacking
It is an ok place to work for
Senior Radiology-Mammography Tech (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLAugust 30, 2017
University Hospital and Medical Center is a full profit organization, unfortunately, this has a huge influence on the way employees are treated. Every department has to comply with budget limitations and that includes "aloud working hours" daily. This means for employees hours to be cut and sent home in order to comply with such hours.
Hardly ever you have 40 hours of work in a week and there is never work over time for certain department's employees
Pros
Small facility
Cons
Full profit
Indefinite
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 5, 2017
This hospital does not "specialize" in any field. Connected to Pavilion (Psyche facility). Serve a lot of hematology and and oncology population. Frequent flyers and geriatric population, Sickle cell, baker acts, etc. Does not do pediatric nor obstetrics.
Pros
Close knit crew
Cons
Low wages
Excellent, challenging, fun, and change agent environment
Director of Adv. Clinicals/CPOE and Acute Dialysis (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 10, 2015
A typical day at work is usually chaotic in the midst of metric driven goals and timelines. My day consists of review data from admissions through nursing practice metrics (restraints, baker acts, bed assignments, discharge process, advanced clinicals compliance, to covering nursing supervision, bed placement, or covering the CNO. The hardest part of my job is just keeping ahead of the data to find trends. That is also the most enjoyable part of the day. The team is amazing and it is a joy to be part of this team.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to make the patient, client experience better
Cons
Enough work for a couple of people - but that's a normal day
Productive work environment
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLOctober 7, 2015
Great work environment that provides great quality care to patients who are in preoperative and postoperative surgery. I left this as it wasn't related to my focus of study and ended up transferring to a different department that allowed me to work in an environment that exposed me to my focus of study psychology.
Family Oriented Work Environment
Registered Nurse/Per Diem Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 20, 2012
I am currently a Per Diem Charge Nurse on a Telemetry-Step Down unit. I appreciate my work environment for the diversity of my patients as well as the exemplary nurses that I work with on a daily basis.
Pros
computerized charting
Cons
nurse to patient ratios
Large Company
Medical Staff Director, CME Director (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 1, 2012
Belongs to a very large organization and gets lost in the competition of the other facilities.
Pros
great people
Cons
resources thinnly spread

Want to know more about University Hospital and Medical Center?

Ask a question