University Hospital

University Hospital Employee Reviews

Very unclean and unorganized place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Tamarac, FlJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Very low pay rate.
A typical day at University Hospital was fun and interesting, I learnt how to manage my time more effectively. The management system was alright, but there is always room for improvement. The co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job getting to know everyone being that there were always new faces. The most enjoyable part of working there was working at a friendly enviroment.
shadowing
Clinicals (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: great people great experience
great workers. very nice people but the place is very very very very very very very very very very boring. its a nice environment.
School Internship
Radiology Intern (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Lots of work to do
Cons: Too much office politics
As a student, I loved the experience. There was high work load and very little room for error. As long as I was grabbing cases and keeping busy, the day wasn't that bad. Unfortunately, there remained a constant cloud of office politics. It's hard to get your foot in the door. Everyone is so interpersonal that one false move and everything can backfire. Be sure not to burn down bridges no matter how stressful the working environment is. Patients come in feeling awful, and you're there to take their x-rays. Pressure and stress can easily boil up real quick in such a time sensitive place, where a patient's life is at stake. I would not recommend anyone who is overly sensitive, because they do get angry if it's not done their way. At the end of the month, they are strict and keen on giving everyone their own progress report.

If you can tolerate a stressful environment and people yelling at you, this place is a perfect match for you. If can't handle constructive criticism and a constant work load be sure to stay out of this place for your own well being.
love the admosphere
Dietary (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 20, 2015
Pros: had 20 mimute break, lunch was 30 minutes
Cons: 20 minutes
A typical day was busy as any day, i learned how to help others when needed and how to become more independent.i had the best co- workers, they was very helpful to me, the hardest part was to make sure that the patients had the right diets eating on time and that the work ara was cleaned by a certain
Excellent Community Based Hospital
Supervisor (Current Employee), Newark, NJJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Culture
Very fast paced work environment. Learned a great deal working in a unionized environment. Management tends to change every 4 - 5 years. Great doctors and nurses throughout the hospital. The hardest part of the job is adequate staffing. the most enjoyable part of my job is providing customer service.
productive and fast pace unit
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Newark, NJJuly 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches every once and awhile
Cons: short breaks
Fast pace environment, with great co-workers that are always willing to help and train. They love to celebrate each others accomplishments. staff is like a family
nice to work there
student in clinical laboratory Science (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2015
i did receive my training as a medical lab scientist at the university hospital during my study , i learn so much and it was a very wonderful experience
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLJuly 7, 2015
Great co-workers - Management it cab better - Need more organization xoxoxoxoxoooxoxoxoxooxoxo I don't have to much to say ok
Room for advancement
Senior Ward Clerk (Former Employee), NYC NYJuly 7, 2015
Very fast paced environment. Learning opportunities, and chances to advance and move around to different departments.
University Hospital is a place to retire from
Patient Concierge/Liaison (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 2, 2015
University Hopsital is a great place to work. I love the patients and helping them. I enjoy my co-workers great relationships have been created since working at University Hospital with co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not having the support in our management team and not having our thoughts or ideas heard. Not having a management team that realizes that we all are here to do the job and working together as a team will bring positive success to our company and department. Teamwork makes the Dream work! The most enjoyable part of the job is being here for the patients and helping them.
Professional atmosphere with advancement opportunities
STNA/WOUND CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2015
Pros: Advancement Opportunities
Cons: 2hr traveling to patient's homes
Keeping open lines of communication
Treating and assessing patients
To remain compassionate to others in their time of need.
Productive, Fast pace environment
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 25, 2015
Pros: Affordable healthcare
Cons: working weekends
As soon as I clock in for my shift the multi-tasking begins, patients need assistance, phones are ringing, and nurses need supplies ordered or phone calls made. There is always a learning experience every day in healthcare. CO- workers are the ones who really make a bad day good. It is always best for co-workers to stick together as a team to be successful in any job field but especially healthcare. The hardest parts about working in healthcare are the situations that are out of your control. The most enjoyable part is seeing the difference as a team we can make in people's lives.
University Hospital
clerk I (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2015
Fun exciting place to grow and advance to the next level of your career. The co worker is great and very dependable and the client was very welcoming
RESPONSIBILTIES I TAKE ON
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), San Antonio TexasJune 19, 2015
Pros: 10% off lunches you get from the cafeteria
Cons: Short breaks
1. I GIVE REPORT TO THE ON COMING UNIT CLERK TRANSFER OR ADMITS PATIENS

2. i GET CREATE A CENSUS

3. ASSIGNMENT SHEETS, NURSES& TECHS, SUNRISE AND REPSONDER 5

4. CHECK TELE-TRACKING EVERY 10MINS

5 .CHECK CODE WORDS FOR EACH PATIENT

6. CHECK ALL CHARTS TO MAKE SURE THEY LOOK NEAT AND HAVE PAPER WORK IN THE RIGHT DIVIDERS.

7. CREAT PHYSICIAN CALL SCHEDULE FOR THE NEXT SHIFT
It was an internship
File Clerk (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2015
I like having this office job. It was calm and quiet and it taught me how to dress appropriately for certain jobs. It was very easy. I created and filed charts and ran errands
Registered Nurse / Organ Transplant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 17, 2015
Pros: Enjoy co-workers
Cons: No uninterrupted lunch
.Enjoy co-workers. I have obtained a lot of experience. I enjoy talking with the patients and families. Typical work day of passing medications, charting.
Enjoyable atmosphere, very competent staff to include management. Room for growth within company.
Neuro-Stroke Unit - RN (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Room for growth, wonderful staff, very organized hospital.
My experience at University Hospital was wonderful. There were always plenty of resources available to me for professional growth. I had the opportunity to work with a wide range of skilled professionals and medical equipment.
Productive and energetic workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 11, 2015
I feel it's a great place to work, with lots of opportunity for advancement. I've seen many changes along the way, some good...some bad. It's a lot of "political" madness that unfortunately discourages the employees. It's now Rutgers University.
Productive and Fun working enviroment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 9, 2015
Very Productive and Fun working environment for staff and employees. The physicians and staff really care about the patients and their care.
Happy and productive environment
Monitor Tech/ Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 2, 2015
A very productive environment you are responsible for knowing cardiac rhythms and reporting changes to the RN and doctors.

1 2 3 4 5