University Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

productive and fun place to work
Sitter/Companions (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 8, 2016
It's always a busy day at UH. At UH, I learned how to properly take care of patients who require continuous observation at their bedside. The management at my job is very well organized. I love the co-workers I work with because there always there to help and show me things I may not know or need to improve on. The hardest part of my day is just taking the proper steps when may be dealing with a psych patient . I enjoy so much about my job, but the best part is just growing a friendship with my patients and just knowing that families feel I take care of my patients as if they are a family member of my own.
Teaching hospital with a variety of specialities.
Staff nurse on BMTU/ICU (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 15, 2016
Excellent opportunity for professional development and growth as a nurse. Multidisciplinary teams work together to care for patients in critical settings. Staff has good team work and management is fair and flexible. I enjoy working with cancer patients while they walk through treatments such as chemotherapy and bone marrow transplants.
Pros
3 day work week, classes for advancing education (was able to get my certification in BMT)
Cons
Can be long stressful days with short breaks and dealing with death.
Productive Work place
Patient Care Assistant/Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at my work place is communicating with visitors and patients and making our work place feel like their home. I learned how to communicate with the vistors/patients in a way that will make them feel comfortable to talk to me about anything or ask any type of questions they may need answered. Management is awesome and so is my co-workers we all believe in team work, and we all work together as a team to get our job done. I work in the NICU, and the hardest part of my job is watching the babies go through so much to try to survive in this world. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking with families and uplifting them knowing that I did my part puts a smile on my face each and every day.
High Stress but Satisfying Workplace
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 15, 2016
Very busy environment which required quick thinking and taught employees to multitask in a high stress environment. The managers quickly responded to employee needs. The hardest part of the job was the highly emotional envinronment due to stress of coworkers and patients. The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of helping patients.
Pros
Always meeting new people
Cons
frequency of seeing families in grief
Plenty of nice people, good learning experience
Registered Nurse Pediatric Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 18, 2016
A typical day at work involves calling ahead to see what floor I am working on, then usually getting a 2-4 maximum patient assignment (depending on the unit). I work with lovely people who are always willing to help. The management has its ups and downs but overall are supportive. The physicians are helpful, knowledgeable and willing to teach. They are also appreciative of input from nursing staff which is a major plus in my book. I love the people I work will and all that I have learned while in this position!
Work out room available
Security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Helping others was a great experience. Learing support the system took time but proved to be helpful. Supervising my staff required knowledge and patience which I have learned. Being able to assist the Police officers gave me the opportunity to work as a team. My co-workers were very supportive and respectful.
Pros
Very clean environment
Cons
Traveling distance was very far.
Equal opportunity
Medical Technologist, Department of Microbiology (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 3, 2016
There is opportunity for aspired staff to develop more skills and co-workers are respective and work as a team.
I had looked for opportunity to acquire skills in other areas of Microbiology. The manager was willing to train me into molecular testing, which is basically what I am doing now. There is also equal opportunity to learn all aspects of Microbiology.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2016
University Hospital is a great place for students to learn. You can see just about everything at this hospital. For the most part, everyone works together to get the task completed.
Pros
Great atmosphere and excellent learning hospital
Cons
The hospital can appear to be very hectic at times.
making sure there was enough coverage to get the beds out the system
lead (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 29, 2015
made sure that all the employees have reported to work, then assigned them to different areas of the hospital made sure the floor crew were assigned to cleaning floors and stripping and waxing area that have been requested, tracked the bed board to make sure all beds were getting cleaned on time and they were cleaned effeciently
Pros
great employees
Cons
the director was very unfair to most of the supervisors and some of the employees
excellent work place with great opprtunities to learn and advance your career
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2016
Management was excellent. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Best part of job spending time with pt's making them feel comfortable.
Pros
learning opportunities, pay, benifits, diversity, advancement opportunities

Want to know more about University Hospital?

Ask a question
Great Experience
Respiratory Therapist RRT 1 (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2016
This was my first job as a RRT and it was a great experience. Since its a teaching hospital is was a great place to start because everyone was willing to teach. Coworkers help each other out and everyone works as a team. I learned great time management skills there
Politics is obvious and schedule is not family friendly
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2016
Benefit wise like health insurance is convenient but the scheduling and politics is obvious in this company. I want to go back and work on a day job.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Politics, scheduling is not balanced, 12 hour shift is too long for the day
My first first job
Scheduler/Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2016
Chase was my very first job. I started out as a Collector and from what I can remember, I enjoyed working for the company. I really can remember the staff because its been over 15years since I worked there. The benefits were great and the pay was good.
Pros
location and pay
Cons
short luches
very professional setting. great way into the medical world
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 8, 2015
we were to be clocked in at 9 a.m. and clocked out by 4 p.m. more of a learning experience than anything else. i was able to talk to multiple types of doctors and learn some interesting things in their field of work. recommended for any young adult looking for a start in the medical field.
Pros
worked with friendly people and met various different types of people
Cons
i was a volunteer, so no pay
Very good organization for which to work
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 4, 2015
A typical day of work is one of hard work and much focus occasional time to joke around with co-workers, interactions with customers on the telephone, touching base with family and friends at break times. Also include generate and prepare reports, getting feedbacks from superiors and co-workers.
toxic
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2015
If you want to work in the Blood Bank here, think twice. Upper management doesnt know what they are doing, and the pay is not worth it to spend all of your life there. Also, no time and a half for overtime and staffing is very low. Not sure about how the other labs do it, but Im not happy with this place. Co-workers are constantly complaining about work conditions, but nothing is being done about it. There is new management so maybe it will change in time, but right now it is pretty dismal. The evil supervisor here finally got fired though, so that's a good thing. The culture from the top is work your life away and dont notice how bad you are compensated because that wont change.
Verbal and team player
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that at the end of the day, I was able to resolve any issues by my customers and keep my co workers happy and motivated. I have gained leadership from my supervisor
Pros
Lots of free parking
Cons
not enough hours
Administrative and Payroll work also Calendar managment and coordination for staff
Program Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 23, 2015
A typical day for me was very busy with administrative duties. Working with the public and individuals who are sick or have family members who are sick. Additionally I worked for the staff making sure that their calendars, staffing assignments were clear and documented correctly. I learned to always be pleasant and friendly so that those who are not having the same feelings would experience my positive attitude, friendly disposition and pleasant behavior. The hardest part of the job is when work became overwhelming and I needed additional help with the workload. I had to learn to manage my time better and ask for assistance when it was necessary. The enjoyable part of my job was receiving positive remarks and input about my work and completing task on time.
Pros
Variety in work and assignments.
Cons
When individuals became rude and difficult to manage.
A good place for new nurses to gain experience
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 8, 2015
University Hospital is a good place nurses to work, especially for new grads. They provide several opportunities for education and advancement such as, tuition reimbursement and free certification classes (PALS, ACLS, etc.) It is also the only magnet hospital in San Antonio and a Level I Trauma Center. Nurses can gain a lot of experience with a variety of patients and diagnoses.
A great place to work.
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 23, 2016
University Hospital is one of the best facilities in the CSRA. With the up most respect in patient care. Loving and friendly atmosphere along with professionalism.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Short Stay