University Hospital Employee Reviews

Quick- paced environment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 16, 2018
Great place to work to gain vital experience in a quick paced environment. The most enjoyable part about this job is the interaction with the patients from such diverse backgrounds.
Hospital
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 14, 2018
Very busy, good co workers, lots of opportunities. Supervisor had open door policy. Schedule was not as good, to many day in a row. Lack of communication in schedule.
Great Hospital
Payroll Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 8, 2018
University Hospital is great for those looking to get into healthcare. As a Level 1 Trauma facility it can be fast paced at times, but the knowledge acquired will help in the long run.
nice work place
Nutrition Service Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 7, 2018
it was day the computers when down and we had to read the orders of other employees had to write out it was a struggle but after all we got it together and feed the patients in a timely manner I loved my job and my co workers
Pros
nice supervisors
Cons
short breaks
hardest part of the job
Patient Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 4, 2018
the visitors not understanding the visiting policy which is 2 visitors at a time in a shared room. Sometimes patients want everyone to wait in the units waiting room which isn't always allowed.
Pros
hour lunch break, great coworkers
Cons
hourly pay
Working at University Hospital
Secretary/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 3, 2018
I left University Hospital almost 20 years ago, so many things may have changed. I worked in a hospital waiting room, behind a desk. So there was a constant stream of patients coming in for same day surgery as well as their families and the Epilepsy and Sleep lab patients coming to see the three neurology doctors from my department. I typed transcriptions, answered phones, made appointments, worked payroll, etc,. during the work day. My colleagues were all dedicated workers and I made some good and lasting friends at University.

The most difficult thing was working with so many distractions, lots of people in the waiting room, the TV on, phones ringing, doctors, nurses and techs coming in and out of a very small area. However, the level of distractions did give me the opportunity to learn to focus to get the job done.

My immediate managers were the LSU doctors. I had no problems working for them.
Pros
Gaining experience
Cons
salary
Great
Care Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 31, 2018
I love working here on the Progressive Care Unit! I am nursing assistant and I feel like I welcomed by everyone and the staff is great! I have learned so much in my 3 years here which will help me when I go to nursing school to get my BSN!
Fun and productive
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Great work environment , the employees are very fare as well as very understanding I never had any issues working with the company great and very professional as well as productive
I gave university hospital 4 stars
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Working for university was a delight the people was great, benefits where even better than that. University believed in taking carre of there on you could never get sick on there watch.
wonderful
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13210January 29, 2018
This place was truly an educationally charged energetic place to work, it was fast paced and goal oriented toward the producing the best healthcare facility possible for our clients.
Pros
lovely place to work
Uh
Floater (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 29, 2018
I️ worked for UH 4 years straight. It was a cool job I️ came straight out of high school. But depending on what department you worked in the manager will do anything in their power so you can’t advance.
Other than that they treat their employees pretty good and the pay is excellent.
Pros
Mostly everything
Cons
No advancement & They won’t work with your school schedule but they will tell u they are
Good
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 28, 2018
I didn't work here long but it was a great place to work. The doctors were so nice and supportive and my direct supervisor was always pleasant to work with.
Benefits
Good Place to Work
Patient Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 26, 2018
University Hospital was a good place to work with growth opportunities and a great staff to work with throughout my career at this company. I really enjoyed this position.
High energy fast pace
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2018
I worked in many areas of registration ob someday surgery emergency and out patients. I also excelled in bed assignments and finding beds with almost 100% capacity. I was offten called Bed Board queen
Pros
Relationships on all levels were made
Cons
Co workers call off
Good and fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 21, 2018
It was my first job in Colorado when I moved from New York. First I was hired as a trash tech and then I was trained to clean floors with all kinds of floor equipment's which today I am able to operated any floor machines to my advantage and help trained new hires,
And I am thankful for that opportunity given to me at that time,
A very good place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2018
I learned alot at University Hospital.In caring for my patients,put most of all being good team players.Alway trying to be the best you can be in your professional.Working in a hospital is very productive never a dull moment.
work
Division Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Some departments will be willing to work with a school schedule and others will not however having a pathway coach while working helps with schooling and job advancemets
Pros
flexable scheules depending on departmet and manager
Cons
others not doing their job and you have to do double the work to catch up
No good
Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Don't go here for any reason whatsoever. The place is really terrible. No communication between staff in the hospital. Incompetent nurses. Volunteering there was really bad.
12 hour work days
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Chardon, OHJanuary 15, 2018
I love that its 12 hour work days. But i travel 45 minutes to get to work. I just can't stand the travel time anymore.
Otherwise it's a great place to work.
Pros
Only working 72 hrs a week
Cons
Travel time to get to work is killing me.
fun place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 13, 2018
worked here 21 years. relocated with spouse and small children. lots of areas to expand with many opportunities for advancement and further education.