University Hospitals Case Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent Company to work as an employee
Medical Records, Telephone operator (Former Employee) –  11100 Euclid Ave. Cleveland, OhioFebruary 5, 2017
Working with this company is a Great experience. Excellent patient care, Doctors , Nurses, Good management teams, Always overtime opportunities to supplement your income. I highly recommend University Hospital as a Good Work opportunity.
Pros
Lots of employee perks, gift certificates, employee holiday dinners, employee discounts on food with payroll deducts in cafeteria.
Cons
Extreme point system for absentism, no free parking, no free coffee, tranfer to other jobs difficult.
Great employeer for a career start
RESEARCH COMPLIANCE AND EDUCATION SPECIALIST I (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2017
If you are looking for your first job right out of college, UHCMC is a great place to start. You will get your feet wet in the field and learn soon that you will have to do things on your own.
Pros
Great vacation time, quick thinking, great community response
Cons
Management, no growth
My Career at University Hospitals Case Medical Center (UHCMC)
Progressive management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 8, 2016
An academic, research healthcare facility in the inner city that was challenging, rewarding, and educational.Opportunities for advancement both management and clinical roles. Higher education valued.
Pros
Professional nursing staff were an integral part of patient care, and team oriented with the medical disciplines.
Cons
Senior management too removed from the healthcare process.
Great Place to Work, busy and compassionate place, patient care is the main focus,hires from within, caring enviroment, growing company
Supervisor of Tele-Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2016
Great place to work. A company that really listens to it's employees. Good perks from working there. I have been there 15 years as a testimony.
Productive workplace with a fast paced enviorment
Par Tech (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 22, 2016
A typical day at work revolves around nurses and doctors , and other employees with everyone on the mission to provide the best patient care.
Pros
patient care
Cons
careless co-workers
Poor management
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2016
I feel that the management does not listen to staff opinions. It seems like as long as a manager does not have to face a patient, they are not concerned with happens to them. The manager in radiation oncology at the time I worked there seemed to not mind if a patient waited 4 hours in the waiting room for their treatment. This is unacceptable in my opinion.
Management does not mediate physician related issues with other staff and the workflow it affects.
Pros
Some very dedicated staff
Cons
poor management
Productive and Fun wokrplace
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2016
Friendly staff that is willing to go out of their ways to help patients and student learn. keeps people informed on what is happening and stays up to date on procedures a new ways to do things. Was able to learn a lot and greatly appreciated the opportunity.
Blue Chip account
Executive Chef I -Retail (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2016
This account was a leader in quality and a blue chip account for Sodexo. We follow and excelled in all standards of the operation, and I worked with several quality individuals at this time
Micromanaged, overworked and stressful situation for all who work there
Assistant to Chief,Fellowship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMay 4, 2012
A typical day is longer than the 8 hrs allowed. We cannot earn overtime as it is forbidden by Dept of Surgery. Those who have left their jobs are not replaced and those of us who remain are given more and more to do with less and less efficiency on a daily basis. It is difficult to prioritize the work as a result. Even though we have varying job duties/designations, the management makes us all equals so those of us who have more responsibility and more duties to fulfill have to work twice as hard and longer hours and have to support co workers during their absence without bringing in temporary help. The phones ring off the hook all day long with calls from patients, staff. It is not easy trying to do all of the work as a result. Co workers are less apt to be "team players"as everyone has too much to do. There is no job security as the Administrator who runs the department is a disinterested supervisor, who delegates all of her work to others, so she isn't hands on and does not know what our job duties consist of. Her only mission is to cut the budget and save money. This affects all of our activities such as PTO, which she has everyone expending to go to doctor appointments. She claims her first responsibility is to higher level administration, not to us, so we have no one approachable managing us. She does not answer phone messages or emails in a timely fashion which is unheard of for a person with her position. She has also made the attendance rules so strict, we have to ask her permission to use the PTO we have already earned. The most difficult part of the job is dealing  more... with the administrator. The most enjoyable part is the ability to help patients who are ill. I also enjoy working with my physician and his nurses.  less
Pros
4 wks of pto, can work independently most of the time, no travel
Cons
short lunches, hostile work environment, no raises or small ones, no overtime
Work Experience University Hospitals
Clinical Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2015
University Hospitals is a very supportive nurse driven hospital. Typical work day on a med surg floor is anywhere from 4-6 patients during the day 5-7 during night shift. Computerized charting takes up a large portion of nursing time. Doctors do value nursing opinion which is a plus. Sometimes getting breaks can prove challenging but overall the work environment is encouraging. Management is opening to hearing your concerns.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Missed lunches
ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2016
It's a job in the medical field that provide with you learning opportunities.I enjoyed my time working at the facility. I enjoyed helping the physical to patient to be able to communicate after office hours for true emergencies.
very faced paced environment
Surgical Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioFebruary 13, 2013
A typical day at work was setting up cases for the next day surgeries, after that cleaning and sterilizing instruments, and assembling trays. Management was wonderful as well as the co-workers. Plenty of teamwork. The hardest part of the job was when a machine was out of order. The most enjoyable part was being able to work with people that works well with everyone instead of branching off into groups.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
short breaks
Diversity work I loved it.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2014
Enjoyed working with all staff and co-workers. Very busy working with 2 directors, manager, supervisor, 8 additional physicians, therefore I was extremely organized. I mentored and supervised 15 secretaries. The co-workers were hard working, reliable and people of integrity. Most difficult time was when 3 doctors came to me at once and needed a task done yesterday, that is when prioritizing came first. I enjoyed being counted on and needed. I gave 150 percent, and always went over and above for my team
Pros
Reps would bring pro bono lunches
Cons
1 and 1/2 hours drive to work, snow and rain days 3-4 hour drive one way
Admin. Asst./Medical Student Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 20, 2013
University Hospitals is one of the best hospitals to work at. I worked there almost 25 years, for the Department of Radiology. My supervisor always made sure that her staff functioned at their best. She provided continuing education and support meetings. We succeeded in providing a great team.

I worked for several physicians and the CMIO. We had a good-working relationship and I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Flexibility, continuing education, and great support.
Challenging/Career Oriented/Core Values
Doctor's Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 2, 2013
I have been working for University Hospitals for almost 11 years. The management as well as the company has encouraged me to continue my education. I am very close now to my bachelor's degree and I am very proud of what I have accomplished while I have been an employee.
Great place to work .
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2013
Typical day in the lab was performing laboratory testing and doing quality assurance. The management was not family friendly. The hardest part of this job was co-workers not sharing fairly in the workload.
Pros
Christmas gift card
Cons
difficulty in getting time off.
new experience
Office Coordinator of Cardiothoracic Surgery (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2013
taking care of appt for pts procedures
different insurances rules and policies
good management
good co-workers
nature of illnesses
co-workers
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
pts illnesses
Resourceful work enviroment.
BLS Instructor (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2012
Great work environment.
Lots of room for promotion
Resourceful
Great place to work.
Interventional Radiodiology Tech II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 16, 2015
I work in a team oriented environment with enjoyable co-workers and a supportive management system.
Productive work enviroment
Doctor's Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 17, 2013
I have learned most of what I know from a physician who I worked closely with for over a decade. This physician is the person who encouraged me to go back to school. University Hospitals pushes their employees to always continue to learn and grow. The hardest part of this job was the day I left, so that I could be closer to family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Hospitals Case Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5