University Hospitals Case Medical Center

University Hospitals Case Medical Center Employer Reviews

caring people big system lots of work arounds
Director (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 27, 2014
caring people - big system, lots of work arounds. acedemic setting great place to work, lots of teaching and training
Cath lab
RN (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2014
great job many hours hard as single parent to do on call hours
department was well run by administration
Good paying job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), ohioMay 29, 2014
Hospital pharmacies are very different than retail.You stay busy, but in a different way than retail. There is no patient interaction, which I missed after working in retail.
Diversity work I loved it.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2014
Pros: reps would bring pro bono lunches
Cons: 1 and 1/2 hours drive to work, snow and rain days 3-4 hour drive one way
Enjoyed working with all staff and co-workers. Very busy working with 2 directors, manager, supervisor, 8 additional physicians, therefore I was extremely organized. I mentored and supervised 15 secretaries. The co-workers were hard working, reliable and people of integrity. Most difficult time was when 3 doctors came to me at once and needed a task – more... done yesterday, that is when prioritizing came first. I enjoyed being counted on and needed. I gave 150 percent, and always went over and above for my team – less
Productive work enviroment
Doctor's Secretary II (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 17, 2013
I have learned most of what I know from a physician who I worked closely with for over a decade. This physician is the person who encouraged me to go back to school. University Hospitals pushes their employees to always continue to learn and grow. The hardest part of this job was the day I left, so that I could be closer to family.
Admin. Asst./Medical Student Coordinator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: flexibility, continuing education, and great support.
University Hospitals is one of the best hospitals to work at. I worked there almost 25 years, for the Department of Radiology. My supervisor always made sure that her staff functioned at their best. She provided continuing education and support meetings. We succeeded in providing a great team.

I worked for several physicians and the CMIO. We had a – more... good-working relationship and I enjoyed my job. – less
Great place to work .
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: christmas gift card
Cons: difficulty in getting time off.
Typical day in the lab was performing laboratory testing and doing quality assurance. The management was not family friendly. The hardest part of this job was co-workers not sharing fairly in the workload.
Very Nice and structured place to work.
Clinical Partner (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2013
Pros: health care was affordable.
Very nice place to work. It was very easy to advance and there was a lot of opportunity to receive continued education.
Challenging/Career Oriented/Core Values
Doctor's Secretary II (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 2, 2013
I have been working for University Hospitals for almost 11 years. The management as well as the company has encouraged me to continue my education. I am very close now to my bachelor's degree and I am very proud of what I have accomplished while I have been an employee.
very faced paced environment
Surgical Processing Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was setting up cases for the next day surgeries, after that cleaning and sterilizing instruments, and assembling trays. Management was wonderful as well as the co-workers. Plenty of teamwork. The hardest part of the job was when a machine was out of order. The most enjoyable part was being able to work with people that works well – more... with everyone instead of branching off into groups. – less
new experience
Office Coordinator of Cardiothoracic Surgery (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: lots of incentives
Cons: pts illnesses
taking care of appt for pts procedures
different insurances rules and policies
good management
good co-workers
nature of illnesses
co-workers
Resourceful work enviroment.
BLS Instructor (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2012
Great work environment.
Lots of room for promotion
Resourceful
nurse friendly
CLINICAL NURSE (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 13, 2012
nice hospital, great staff, progressive,enjoyed my time working in the unit
Helping Kids
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Current Employee), University Hospitals Case Medical CenterMay 22, 2012
In research you never know what will happen in your daily routine.
Micromanaged, overworked and stressful situation for all who work there
Assistant to Chief,Fellowship Coordinator (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioMay 4, 2012
Pros: 4 wks of pto, can work independently most of the time, no travel
Cons: short lunches, hostile work environment, no raises or small ones, no overtime
A typical day is longer than the 8 hrs allowed. We cannot earn overtime as it is forbidden by Dept of Surgery. Those who have left their jobs are not replaced and those of us who remain are given more and more to do with less and less efficiency on a daily basis. It is difficult to prioritize the work as a result. Even though we have varying job duties/designations, – more... the management makes us all equals so those of us who have more responsibility and more duties to fulfill have to work twice as hard and longer hours and have to support co workers during their absence without bringing in temporary help. The phones ring off the hook all day long with calls from patients, staff. It is not easy trying to do all of the work as a result. Co workers are less apt to be "team players"as everyone has too much to do. There is no job security as the Administrator who runs the department is a disinterested supervisor, who delegates all of her work to others, so she isn't hands on and does not know what our job duties consist of. Her only mission is to cut the budget and save money. This affects all of our activities such as PTO, which she has everyone expending to go to doctor appointments. She claims her first responsibility is to higher level administration, not to us, so we have no one approachable managing us. She does not answer phone messages or emails in a timely fashion which is unheard of for a person with her position. She has also made the attendance rules so strict, we have to ask her permission to use the PTO we have already earned. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with the administrator. The most enjoyable part is the ability to help patients who are ill. I also enjoy working with my physician and his nurses. – less
Supportive workplace.... great friendships
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland OHDecember 5, 2011
Pros: supportive of clinical development and education.
Cons: scheduling and staffing.
I experienced excellent comradery and great nursing leadership.