University Hospitals Case Medical Center Employee Reviews

okay place to work
Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2017
pay is fair. have implemented a new staffing grid system wide that doesn't take into account some of the units in the hospitals needs. It is just for the hospital to save some money.
Friendly culture
Manager, Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHOctober 9, 2017
Good for learning and finding new opportunities, many friendly and sharing individuals. high reliability, very strong on compliance, but everybody is willing to help each other and the patients.
Productive fun place to work and a good environment to learn.
Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed working at University Hospitals. So much room for advancement as well as excellent learning experiences and great co workers. Excellent place to work!
Pros
Excellent place to learn
Fun workplace
Volunteer Work-Clerical (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 6, 2017
I was working as a volunteer and the work place was very comfortable with all fun and balanced work environment.I enjoy working with such a huge entity where we can find work/life balanced with all fun and knee learning for job duties
Pros
great place for work
Cons
no coupons given for refreshment and extra activities
PCA/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2017
Everyone is friendly. They all speak to you from the first time you enter the building. The place is always clean and smells fresh. The workers help you if you need help or if they aren't doing anything.
Very nice place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHJuly 31, 2017
I learn a lot working here at the Surgery Center, everyone is so friendly and great team players throughout the facility. A typical day here at work is organized and upbeat and smooth. The hardest part of my job is leaving my co-workers, I am so pleased to work with a great group of people
Pros
great co-workers
Child Life Activities Volunteer
Child Life Activities Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2017
The purpose of being a child life activities volunteer was to, interact with pediatric patients fro birth to 18 years old through various activity centers and at patient bedsides to improve overall morale. Through this I feel like I have learned better communication skills and appreciate all that I have. The hardest part of this volunteer experience was learning the stories of each individual patient and the struggles they face with their health.The most enjoyable part of this experience was the smiles on the patients face's having fun and knowing they can openly communicate with someone instead of just waiting in a bed hoping to get better soon.
Pros
Improvement on communication, helping others through conversation and interactive play
Cons
Domestic violence stories
Helping people with daily living activities.
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2017
My time with Always Best Care of Cleveland is an experience that I will always remember. I took care of great and appreciative people who needed help in their daily activities. My days weren't long therefore my pay was very short. Management would find me short cases and I worked really hard for my clients.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
Nursing Clinicals
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2017
The employees here are great people to work with and the environment was a great place to learn in. The facility itself was a great place, very clean and up to date. Parking structures attached to the hospital are a plus!
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 9, 2017
Great company to work for. A lot of opportunity for growth and alot of diversity. Hands on training with benefits and employee perks. Family oriented place.
Nice people
Pharmacy Tech II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2017
Taking care of patient needs , filling charts delivering meds to floors on regular rounds. making IV meds and TPN's. assisting pharmacist with new orders by dispensing drugs from the omnicell.
Clinical Nurse/ Day Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2017
Poor Management especially in Dialysis unit. Over worked under valued. It was hostile and no one to turn to to correct situations. The Hospital in itself is wonderful. Rainbow is amazing, the doctors and Nurses Care. I would refer anyone to UH exception of Dialysis.
Excellent Company to work as an employee
Medical Records, Telephone operator (Former Employee) –  11100 Euclid Ave. Cleveland, OhioFebruary 5, 2017
Working with this company is a Great experience. Excellent patient care, Doctors , Nurses, Good management teams, Always overtime opportunities to supplement your income. I highly recommend University Hospital as a Good Work opportunity.
Pros
Lots of employee perks, gift certificates, employee holiday dinners, employee discounts on food with payroll deducts in cafeteria.
Cons
Extreme point system for absentism, no free parking, no free coffee, tranfer to other jobs difficult.
Employees are very friendly and courteous!!
Security/Cashier at Standard Parking (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2017
Even though I work on campus at UH my job is thru Standard Parking but I do provide a service for the UH employees as security at the parking garages.
The atmosphere is every one looks after everyone else for example if I need help I can call upon my fellow employees to help or I can call Protective Services at University Hospital/Case Medical Centers they are quick to help.
As a whole working here is a good place to meet the higher ups such as physicians, nurses, technicians, pilots, biologist, police if you like titles or you can meet regular nice people who take the time to say hello.
For Christmas a mysterious Santa Claus or a physician gave me and my fellow workers $20 each. Boy did that money come in handy. We would like to thank him so much!!

The shuttle and the drivers are to be commended for their customer service skills they are so courteous and do an excellent job of making certain every one who needs a pick up will receive one quickly and efficiently.

The enjoyable part of this job is the people!
Pros
people
Great employeer for a career start
RESEARCH COMPLIANCE AND EDUCATION SPECIALIST I (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2017
If you are looking for your first job right out of college, UHCMC is a great place to start. You will get your feet wet in the field and learn soon that you will have to do things on your own.
Pros
Great vacation time, quick thinking, great community response
Cons
Management, no growth
Productive workplace with a fast paced enviorment
Par Tech (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 22, 2016
A typical day at work revolves around nurses and doctors , and other employees with everyone on the mission to provide the best patient care.
Pros
patient care
Cons
careless co-workers
Great Place to Work, busy and compassionate place, patient care is the main focus,hires from within, caring enviroment, growing company
Supervisor of Tele-Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2016
Great place to work. A company that really listens to it's employees. Good perks from working there. I have been there 15 years as a testimony.
Productive and Fun wokrplace
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2016
Friendly staff that is willing to go out of their ways to help patients and student learn. keeps people informed on what is happening and stays up to date on procedures a new ways to do things. Was able to learn a lot and greatly appreciated the opportunity.
My Career at University Hospitals Case Medical Center (UHCMC)
Progressive management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 8, 2016
An academic, research healthcare facility in the inner city that was challenging, rewarding, and educational.Opportunities for advancement both management and clinical roles. Higher education valued.
Pros
Professional nursing staff were an integral part of patient care, and team oriented with the medical disciplines.
Cons
Senior management too removed from the healthcare process.
Poor management
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2016
I feel that the management does not listen to staff opinions. It seems like as long as a manager does not have to face a patient, they are not concerned with happens to them. The manager in radiation oncology at the time I worked there seemed to not mind if a patient waited 4 hours in the waiting room for their treatment. This is unacceptable in my opinion.
Management does not mediate physician related issues with other staff and the workflow it affects.
Pros
Some very dedicated staff
Cons
poor management