University Hospitals H

University Hospitals H Employer Reviews

Productive and exciting workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 21, 2014
This was an inpatient setting. I liked this job because I was able to do doubles and have more days off during the week.
PCA (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2014
Busy atmosphere love the pace! lots of diverse people and patients and they always cultural events happening.
Management is terrible
Division Secretary (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJuly 9, 2014
Pros: awesome co workers/ physicians
Cons: no lunch breaks if any, back stabbing coworkers
I was at UH for 7 years. During the last 3 years, we had 3 different nurse managers, not enough nurses and 2 assistant nurse managers. To many managers running around trying to get stuff done and not enough nurses to do patient care. The rules change almost daily, so your not sure what's the right way to do things and when you do them wrong, they have – more... no problem writing you up for it. Strong, independent personalities who have a idea or opinion? Don't apply here, they will get rid of you eventually. The work environment is prone to failure each and everyday. You ask for help, management tells you......" When I was a secretary, a nurse etc" so forget it. The turn over is so high with employees resigning and new ones starting, it's hard to keep up. No room for advancement. If you apply for a transfer you get turned down despite your qualifications, probably due to the fact that they have no one to replace you. They WILL hold you in your current role, so you better love what you do for many years. If you are disliked by management, expect to be bullied on your job, micromanaged, talked about by your manager and incur a great deal of stress despite any attempts to address it with HR. When or if they choose to address a issue with you, it's never a one to one conversation. It's always you and 2-3 other team members from management (that's NOT intimidating at all ). Something is wrong with a company who can't hold managers. They look to hire body replacements rather than qualified individuals. If your willing to be a stepford employee, robotic like and treated with very little respect then working here is for you. Appliers beware! – less
Professional careing enviroment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Conneaut, OHJuly 1, 2014
Pros: a allowance towards lunch.
Cons: short breaks.
Setting up the café and serving the customers, keeping food and supplies stocked. Totaling sales on the register.
co workers are average. the hardest part of the job is being on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing and serving customers.
Enjoyable workplace
Medical Purchasing Office (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, OHJune 18, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, nice docs, pitch in lunches
Cons: the long drive to work every day....
Position is currently part time and so enjoyable...fellow employees and management are all friendly and kind. Lots of intreraction with staff and Phone and computer work. The hardest part of the job used to be finding hard to get supplies, but after 9yrs, I pretty much have it figured out..and now really enjoy the challenge ...I have learned so much – more... about the supply end of this job and how to keep things stocked so we always have what we need...Covering the other office jobs also gives me a break from the routine of only doing one job...Love it here. – less
great group of people
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Former Employee), cleveland ohJune 17, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: working in a cubicle
My typical day was sitting in the "cubicle" working on the never ending list of tests needing to be read by the radiologists... answering phones and transferring or taking msgs for other employees or taking an order for a CD to be burned.
Large office setting
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Orange, OHMay 22, 2014
Pros: catered lunches; teamwork
I enjoyed working for this company. Professional environment, great physicians, management and co-workers. Very friendly and teamwork oriented office.
A good secure place to work, with good people.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 15, 2014
Pros: early hours and or flex hours, good benifits
Cons: poor training in the latest postion
I open up the office and set up for the day of patients coming or for days in advance for patient’s appointments. I do this by looking up patient information. Scheduling, filing, interact with other offices for further information. This current position is not busy or challenging enough for me thats the hardest part. I thought I would like a change – more... of venue and responsibilities. Most enjoyable part of this postion is working with the patients.

I learned I am more of a corporate office accounting and customer service person. Both of my previous jobs were working in accounting, servicing customers as well as other departments in the corporation. I was busy with set ups of customers/ vendors and contacting vendors for further information. I did electronic banking for vendors /customers via JP Morgan. Worked with supply chain in making sure suppliers were set up promptly and correctly. I did the research of payments when and where they went. I did auditing of many different kinds of reports. I enjoy being busy all the time, working with others as a team or indepently. – less
Patient Access Representative I (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 12, 2014
It was great. The hours were great for my family and I. Very fast paced a bit stressful at time but very good.
Radiology Clerk
Radiology Clerk (Current Employee), Bedford, OHMay 8, 2014
a typical day is assigned by appointments and walk ins for x-ray. We handle the patients with care as soon as they approach the front desk. We are the first people the patient will see, so the experience must start off fantastic.
Very productive, family oriented
Patient Access Rep. I (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 1, 2014
This environment was very productive. I learned a very important skill that I can use in all aspects of my life, problem solving. I worked in the E.R. Department with both children and adults.

A typical day at work would be registering patients when they come to the E.R. ,Interviewing the patient or the parents of minors making sure the demographics – more... were correct, coping insurances card and I.D.'s, getting signatures for H.I.P.P.A. Inputting all of this information into the computer. – less
Patient Access representative
Patient Access Representative 1- Call Center (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 26, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: training program and environment
Training program went well beyond targeted date and interfered with daytime job responsibilities. Training was not organized.
Leading Cleveland healthcare provider
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 22, 2014
Great place to work! Diverse patients and co-workers. Broad spectrum of cases that other suburban community hospitals do not get the privilege of having.
Patient Access
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 18, 2014
Duties of registrations, insurance verification, scheduling, financial counseling and customer service to patients and family members
Good company to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Fairlawn, OHApril 8, 2014
University Hospitals is a nice company to work for, the Doctors are amazing very nice and respectable.
Student
Entry level (Former Employee), Richmond Heights, OHApril 7, 2014
Worked as a student in the Vascular and general departments.
externship
Externship (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2014
I did my externship at UH, I saw a variety of cases and also observed stress echoes.
Administrative Assistant/Enterprise Staffing (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 12, 2014
Pros: flex time is offer
Cons: healthcare is not good
Great place to work and the peers that you work with are all helpful and friendly.
Great Place to Work
Office Coordinator (Cardiac Electrophysiology) (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHMarch 2, 2014
Great place to work and values quality of care! Great benefits and 401K.
Wonderful work environment with management and coworkers.
RN Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhoiJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: autonomy, helped make policies, job satifaction, management, pay.
Cons: schedule.
Management provided an abundance for autonomy and professional development. Employees aided in policy making through committees set up by management which allowed us to set standards based on our OR culture while maintaining AORN standards. This created a friendly working atmosphere and gave me job satisfaction.

1 2 3 4