University Hospitals of Cleveland Employee Reviews

It is an adventure
Medical Assistant 2 (Current Employee) –  LanderbrookAugust 14, 2017
Working at UH is competitive and hectic. There are more patients to facilitate than there are employees so that makes your workload quite heavy all the time.
Pros
Healthy points and perks
Cons
Heavy work schedules
Good
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Chardon, OHAugust 7, 2017
Good place to work really nice environment. The people here treat you like family. They welcome you in with open arms, nice smiles &funny jokes. Couldn't ask for a better experience.
Upward Mobility
Sr. Patient Access Rep/Central Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 1, 2017
I began working at University Hospitals as a Medical Assistant and transitioned into higher education upon completion of my MBA. The educational assistance provided by University Hospital provided opportunities that would not have been achieved otherwise.
Pros
Upward mobility
Cons
Limitations
Wonderful helpful staff.
Physician Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2017
Working at Rainbow Babies and Children Hem/Onc was a new experience for me. It showed me how much care and attention the staff really puts into each patient.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
The parking at times was difficult.
Overall a good place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2017
Value each employee's contributions. Friendly environment for the most part. Patients seem to appreciate the system values, the caring, the research. Well compensated. Good benefits package.
Pros
Good system values
Cons
Losing sight of appreciating each employees value to the hospital system, especially when it comes to specialty areas like oncology.
Great opportuninity for advancement
Laboratory Billing Representitive (Current Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHJune 22, 2017
There is always room to grow as an employee. If you have qualification that fit a specific job you can apply if you have been with the company for a year , also they have tuition reimbursement to advance your education.
One of the Largest Hospitals in Cleveland
System Analyst/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2017
Good place to work and grow. There are several areas that someone can work in with many different skill sets. I would recommend for entry level in Cleveland.
No structured training
Phlebotomist/Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 15, 2017
I was not properly trained other than by other staff members. I was given tests to take before even reading the testing materials. I was interviewed for phlebotomist specimen processing but once hired I was forced to also do client services which I was trained for 4 days to do.
Pros
Pay rate was ok
Cons
I had to do 3 jobs listed under one
Great place to meet different people
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2017
A typical day for me at University Hospital is very hectic and busy for me. My day starts at 7:30am and ends at anywhere from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. I always work alone and never get a lunch break. I check in, check out, make follow ups and take phone calls. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to meet a lot of different people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No breaks
good environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 30, 2017
I really enjoy my job at University Hospitals. I have learned so much and gained a lot of experience in the healthcare work field. I love knowing I am helping people and I get to see babies every day.
N/a
Division Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 27, 2017
University Hospitals is a great place to work! There is always room to grow. The environment is very laid back. My staff really feels like family. I love my UH!
UH is great mangers and supervisor are not
senior biller (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHMay 8, 2017
UH offers a lot the core is wonderful managers and supervisor for the most part get away with blaming others for there mistakes as well as not being a good manager.
Pros
benefits ./wages
Cons
managers, office politics
Developer
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2017
I currently work here as a developer. I think overall, its a great company to work for, if you want a workplace that values work/life balance. I've sometimes had to work on weekends, but most of the time it hasn't been mandatory. The frequency of working outside of normal business hours depends on the job position. I don't think there is much leeway, as far as, increasing your pay. But, I've never felt that I wouldn't be able to advance professionally.
Pros
Work life balance, benefits/discounts, employee centric events
Cons
Pay could be better
Uh lets you advanced in your career
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Hts, OHApril 9, 2017
I worked there for about 17+ years, starting with their answering services, ending as one of their trainer throughout the UHC systems.
UH send you to classes to improve yourself in every way.
Pros
training and advancedment
Cons
I retired
Complex environment
Team Lead, Clinical Systems - Institutes (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 12, 2017
Due to pending legislation job security is uncertain.
So busy you often times don't get lunch or a break. In IT you are considered on call 24/7/365 and are not compensated for it.
Pros
The people and the mission are inspiring
Cons
Too few people supporting the mission in IT
Fast and fun place to work
Physician Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHFebruary 4, 2017
Typical day answer patient questions regarding there billing,help set up payment plans, update insurance information and submit the claim for processing. Great place to work, great group of people in a fast pace workplace. Most enjoyable part of my job is helping the patients out.
Healthcare is where its at as far as jobs with a livable wage.
Doctor's Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Good training ground for administrative positions. There are good doctors and bad personality wise. They do good work delivering healthcare. As an employee if your not in, you're out as far as administrators are concerned.
Pros
Generally pays well.
Cons
Stressful and evaluations are too stringent. Set up to not obtain livable work increases.
You need to manage difficult MD's yourself
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2017
Nursing management and human resource personnel have the attitude of, you get payed whether you work hard or not. So in my opinion they choose to do the absolute minimum, this is likely one of the reasons that they recently lost their affiliation with Case Western Reserve...
Pros
Excellent nursing staff and most MD's
Cons
MD's can behave unprofessionally without reproach or corrective actions.
Learned a lot in core lab
Core Lab as Processor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 21, 2016
The people that I meet there are still good friends to this day. Working basically all over the hospital I got to see a great many things and it was a great experience for me personally.
Pros
Cons
great personal at that hospital
Precertification Coordinator (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 18, 2016
GOOD PLACE TO WORK AND GROW;I have been working ther for over ten years it is a great place to learn and grow. The co works are very friendly. The typical day is full of excitment
Pros
Nice area