University Hospitals of Cleveland

University Hospitals of Cleveland Employer Reviews

Auditor
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2014
Pros: direct contact with the physicians and patients
Cons: time constraint
Audited surgical and office procedures. Assisted the office manager with all aspects of the practice as time permitted. I worked one day per week and performed many duties to aid in the benefit of the practice. The most difficult part of the job was my part time status. Many opportunities were missed due to my limited hours.
Okay place to work, benefits were good.
Patient Account Specialist II (Former Employee), Shaker Hts, OHMay 9, 2014
patients were a joy to work with, coworker were the best part of the job.
Most fulfilling job in career with first time experience with patients
Secretary/Scheduler/Transcriber (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2014
Pros: exciting environment working at training facility for residents and physicians across the globe.
Cons: pain patients can be very difficult as everyone wants to be seen now.
Secretary to two Anesthesia Pain Specialists starting out as transcriber and then becoming Secretary I for busy Pain Service practice. Scheduled patients for appointments and operative procedures and did pre-certifications when needed for said operative procedures. Transcribed physician's dictations who dictated history and physicals and operative procedures – more... performed on patients. Most difficult part of the job was attempting to schedule patients in a timely fashion as all patients were in pain and wanted to be seen "yesterday". Most fulfilling part of the job was working closely with physicians and patients and meeting their needs. – less
Wonderful Company
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE RADIOLOGY (Current Employee), Westlake, OHMarch 5, 2014
A typical day in my position involves a lot of communication. At any given time I am responsible for doing five things at once, so multi-tasking is a must. I network between patients, doctors, secretaries, insurance companies, co-workers, technicians, and so on to ensure patient satisfaction.
I have learned that team work as well as independent work – more... is a skill necessary in this position. More importantly, I have learned to be innovative and find new, fresh ideas and approaches to systems that were not working efficiently. I learned that I can stand out and be a leader and create more enjoyable ways to get the job done.
Overall, my experience thus far as an employee for University Hospitals has been positive. – less
always something going on.
Secretary (Former Employee), cleveland, ohioJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: security was always around when you needed them.
Cons: were not always able to take your lunch and they were not very flexible with scheduling.
I always found a way to keep busy when it was slow. If i was able to after my job was done I would see if other people needed help to get them out on time.
I learned a lot!
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Cleveland OhioJanuary 28, 2014
Busy, busy, busy! I learned how to have balance while multi-tasking. I worked with Chefs from all over the world, absorbing all that I could.
Co-workers were awesome! Everyone pitched in and helped out no matter what. Banquets for 1200 people, 14 hour days, and 'firing backup food on the fly'. Things like these were the hardest part to me.The satisfaction – more... of a 'job well done' and recognition from my Chef were apart of the more enjoyable moments. – less
This is the employer to choose if you want to advance and be valued!
Oncology Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2013
Pros: autonomy! support of administration and educational opportunities.
Cons: not receiving labs/studies in a timely manner for physician.
A typical day at work started assembling charts and gathering lab and any study results if done, to discern if patient eligible for possible therapy. Assessment done by RN and findings relayed to physician. Once examined and no adverse finding revealed, further therapy administered. Sometimes, a bone marrow aspiration was warranted, and RN made slides – more... and sent them off to lab. Clinical trials were also monitored by RN, and proper handling of specimens maintained. Care of patient and families paramount and safety maintained at all times. Although not a common practice today, as a certified Oncology RN, I mixed antineoplastics for administration per orders. This was carried out under the auspices and guidelines of ONS and OSHA. Unit had to be monitored and maintained for inspection at any time. UH provided constant oppertunity for education to nurses in all aspects of care and safety. – less
Excellent caring place to work
General Cleaner (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 21, 2013
Pros: large healthcare institution - meeting several people from different walks of life
Cons: was a non benefit position
Typical day was cleaning patient rooms, floor areas throughout large healthcare institution. Nice place to meet a variety of people in a nice caring setting. I would also accommodate patients if they needed something special they could not reach or make appropriate staff aware. Very nice place to work.
Routine
Direct Patient Care (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 21, 2013
Pros: nursing and direct care staff. training and people.
Cons: management
Each day started with stress and unnecessary bickering. I learned from several nurses many of the skills that most Techs get from school. Management was unfair and unmoving to most of its employees basic needs. The nurses and techs worked together to make the patients stay the best possible. That is how a unit should be.
Clinical Applications Analyst II
Clinical Applications Analyst II Ambulatory EMR (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 3, 2013
Pros: healthcare benefits available immediately, along with vision and dental
My typical work day was from 7 am until 12 midnight, the hardest part of my job was there was no off time. I was working Saturday and sunday as well.
Productive environment
Medical Assistant/Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2013
patient scheduling, ordering supplies, review and updated work schedules for 2 medical assistant, giving injections, vital signs, answering phones, billing and coding, payments, copays, bank deposits.
Diversity in staff and clinical areas
CLINICAL TECH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2013
Amazing company to work for. Diversity of staff and clinical areas creates not only increase knowledge in the different clinical areas, but patient care and needs as well.
politics as usual
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 5, 2013
Pros: wolfgang puck restaurant on site
Cons: as below
the cost of health insurance is quite high, even working for a health care conglomerate. Promotions occur depending who you know. Jobs may be posted externally but they never plan to hire anyone into those positions; they keep them open so they do not lose those jobs to budget cuts. Human Resource Department is EXTREMELY slow to hire. It takes literally – more... months. – less
Good for career development
Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2013
UH provides a number of opportunities to grow. Although the pay might not be what you desire, you are afforded a number of opportunities to grow and learn.
Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Practitioner, Heart Failure Department (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 6, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, great hours, great manager
Cons: limited clinical time & experience
Midlevel provider to Left Ventricular Assist device patient
-Attend daily rounds on LVAD inpatients
-Provide in-house LVAD patient care, etc. participate in heart transplant conference; complete clinical evaluation of potential candidates for ventricular assist device intervention
-Interview and treat patients during clinic appointments; coordinate – more... readmissions for LVAD patients having difficulties; provide clinic support to patients leaving the unit for tests and procedures;
-Assist with maintenance supplies for patients on device and for potential implants; coordinate outpatient LVAD clinic and patient discharge.
-Provide education and support for patients, families and health care professionals. Coordinate data management, insurance coverage – less
Good company, patient focused, short on resources, lots of culture changes
Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: autonomy
Cons: mismatch of goals to achieve and resources to meet needs
High intensity; up to 75 employees; young workforce; daily stress regarding bed coordination, staffing availability, patient safety and patient satisfaction.
Learned that Value Based Purchasing is the new standard that is driving decisions and budgets. Managers must meet the quality metrics including RN satisfaction. There is a constant need to prevent – more... loss of reimbursement revenue while enhancing the patient and family experience.
Co-workers save your life; they help you put sense to all of the stress.
The hardest part is changing the culture from the traditional work ethic to the new leadership models that focus on employee satisfaction and work life balance while attaining success at the initiatives from the new healthcare models, – less
Good company, patient focused, short on resources, lots of culture changes
Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: autonomy
Cons: mismatch of goals to achieve and resources to meet needs
Co-workers save your life; they help you put sense to all of the stress.
top ten employer
Patient Service Rep II (Current Employee), chagrin highlandJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: schooling paid
Cons: bad healthcare insurance
Great place to work! Management is terrible, co-workers are okay
Patient Service Worker (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2012
Loved the overtime. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
My first job out of PT school.
staff PT in variety of settings (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioOctober 28, 2012
Pros: great management
Cons: low pay
Wonderful learning environment; highly structured and conducive for learning.

I worked in acute, subacute, long term rehab and outpatient. I was happy and grateful for the experience as it taught me how to be an organized, thorough, personable, empathic therapist.