University Hospitals of Cleveland Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work. Top rated staff and physicians.
Extern Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHJune 17, 2016
Excellent site to work at. Very professional staff that were easy to approach and learn from. Enjoyed working with all of the co-workers and always gave them my best effort to help in any way possible.
Pros
Most professional staff to learn from.
Cons
Short breaks.
University Hospitals - Nice place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 16, 2016
UH is fairly well organized compared to it's competitors. Typical day at work involves making and managing staff schedules; ensuring equipment and supplies were at adequate levels. Making patients feel comfortable. Delegating assignments to staff, paying accounts, granting vacation to staff and other HR duties. I learned that patience is the key and that you have to put yourself in your staff's and patient's shoes to understand what they are going. Co-workers were very busy but will make time for you. The hardest part of the job is the pace of it and when it gets busy it is full on. The enjoyable part is when your staff and patients become familiar like family. Management is tricky- but when they have the time they can be very helpful.
Pros
Work life balance is encouraged; money is decent
Cons
Pace can be hectic, money could be better, healthcare evolving into faster pace
It can be a good place to work.
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2016
This can be a good place to work as long as you are sure which department you want to work in. Be sure to try to stay out of office politics, and remember last one hired...
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Not Family Oriented
A great place to build on your career
Clinical Operations Assistant/Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHMay 9, 2016
This is a company that I would like to continue to grow in and advance in my career. It is a rewarding and fulfilling organization to work for.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No cafeteria
Educational, Challenging, Good Compensation,
Director, Application Technology Projects (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHApril 14, 2016
I truly enjoy the Director Role, the team and the challenges, however do not have the work life balance I need for my family. 60 - 70 hours per week, working on weekends and logging in from home regularly is draining.
Pros
Interesting projects, learning Healthcare
Cons
Long hours, having to work while on vacation
Tread Lightly
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 14, 2016
Poor training opportunities or information on benefits. Little or no information when implementing new procedures in office. Cliquish atmosphere and favoritism among staff lead to a difficult and draining work environment with little recourse from management
Pros
The Doctors
Loved working here!
Patient Account Specialist/Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHMarch 30, 2016
I highly recommend Medical Service Companies, the services they render to their patient at A1. The work environment was awesome, I learned a lot on the job as well as brought a lot of fresh ideas that were implemented.
Patient Care Coord II - Neurological Institute (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2016
Busy hospital, great people, supporting, and helpful. No typical days, variety of patients. Great potential for advancement.
great learning experience as an advanced practice nurse
pediatric diabetic nurse educator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJanuary 26, 2016
Endocrinology was a very detailed specialty, with such a huge data base of knowledge necessary to do the clinical setting. The attending physicians were so dedicated to helping me acquire the fundamental basics of diabetes.
Depending on the day of the week, my responsibilities included patient/ family education of newly diagnosed diabetics, returning phone calls to families re: their diabetes questions or ill issues or seeing patients in the out patient setting.
Most enjoyable part of my job was on education days , meeting the newly diagnosed child and family and trying to help them understand what all this new diagnosis was .
Least enjoyable was trying to quickly and effectively see patients out patient as I was new to the specialty and often lacked the required knowledge and skill base necessary for q 15 min patient load.
Pros
learning all that i did in 18 mo., good salary
Cons
the personalities of a couple of my coworkers, long commute time to Univ Hospital
Very great learning experience
Clinical Partner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 22, 2015
Overall rewarding p;ace to work. Benefits are not bad, there;s flexibilty in the scheduling and definitely room to grow.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
cafeteria food
productive, stressful, time demanding, great co-workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 17, 2015
A typical day at work is communicating effectively with surgeon, health insurance, BWC, disability management companies, and taking on line learning course when mandated. I have gained time management skills, leadership skills, and communication skills due to my current position is extremely independent work. Management is off site and I have to be the communicator between the surgeon and office manager. I have taken on the role to do resolve issues and network at the request of the surgeon to ensure completion. This is the most rewarding part of my job because it builds confidence that I am effective and capable to reach the end goal set forth. In turn this ensures satisfaction of our patients because the office is efficient and reliable. My most enjoyable part of the job is when my surgeon thanks myself and my co-workers and we get suprised with Dunkin Donuts and coffee!
Cons
No room for advancment in this position
Madhouse almost every day of the week
Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 12, 2015
This is the place to be if crazy and busy is what you love. I generally prefer a quieter work environment so I worked 3rd shift. There was almost always something to do, mostly catching up on what the day shift couldn't accomplish. The benefits were good, but we were shifted locations 3 times in two years.

I have learned how well I can think on my feet, and that a work environment is only as good as those you work with.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Current location bad for lunch time (no food nearby)
No comment
Quality Assurance Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2015
Big hospital - I worked in research and QA
long days department was vert unorganized.
I brought team together to become audit ready.
Excellent Staff & coworkers
CNA/Tech (Former Employee) –  cleveland ohAugust 13, 2015
Company is built on patient care. It changes with the times. And the nurses are all business. Excellent place to learn and grow. Learning new things is the best part of the job....and the patients make it all worth while
Pros
Learning New things
Cons
I have found that University Hospitals of Cleveland treat their staff very well. I am very thankful for all the years that I have been an employed.
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 29, 2015
Excellent nursing care. Up to date on the latest computer programs designed to improve the way nursing care is provided. Great support from the leadership and nursing staff.
I really enjoyed my experience working in the hospital setting.
Certified Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2015
I was initially afraid to branch out into hospital pharmacy, but most of the staff were very helpful and accepting. I learned a great deal and am proud to say it made my life as a Certified Pharmacy Technician much more meaningful to me.
Pros
it is a teaching hospital so you learn daily
Cons
prejudiced coworkers make it very hard to remain employed
Compassion needed
Doctor's Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJune 8, 2015
I am a people person so talking with mothers of sick babies was my passion.When parents came back to see me with their children a year later, it really touched me. If I can make a mom smile and give them hope, it was a priceless moment.
fun place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2015
Pay scale was excellent. Holiday and vacation allotment was very fair. People are friendly. The doctors are excellent.
Pros
good food
Cons
sick people
Very secure job atmosphere
Chief Painter/Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Very professional atmosphere. Learned how to work in institutional environment. liked the team enthusiasm.
Hardest part was working around a busy Hospital atmosphere
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
busy hospital traffic
Face paced and always changing
EEG Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2015
I see patients that have many neurological issues and work with physcians to help solidify a diagnoses for their symptoms.

University Hospitals of Cleveland Reviews by Location