University Hospitals Employee Reviews

no summary given
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 5, 2017
Great company to work for but poor middle management and lack of support from human resources. Mid level managers could benefit from training on the nuances of "managing people" within a health care setting.
University Hospitals is a nice place to work
Financial Insurance Analyst/Fleet Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 5, 2017
I worked at University Hospitals for 8 years and really grew to feel like a family with my co-workers. Great workplace culture. Education and career development was a bonus.
Exciting learning and professional growth opportunties.
Pediatric social worker (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 4, 2017
Allows for professional growth and learning opportunities. Team approach that allows for all professional involved with a patient to create a treatment plan and discharge plan.
Pros
allows for flexibilty in scheduling.
Cons
Cost of parking.
Great Experience
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 22, 2017
It was a great work experience however, the floor managers were not open to change and were selective with the employees. Such behavior from the management limits you to be able to share your capabilities and prove your ability.
Nutrition
Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 19, 2017
Ok place to work for but the nutrition services department would be the worse to work for. Poor management and professionalism. Also lack of staff and over working staff. Management do not know how to talk to employees and often work with hr to get ppl fired...resigning etc. By threatening employees of hours not given or termination.
Pros
Hours...benefits experience
Specialty Clinic
Medical Assistant II; Multi-specialty Clinic (Former Employee) –  Geauga CampusNovember 13, 2017
Took this position as a lead Medical Assistant. It was very busy, challenging at times, but I learned so much. Improved my people skills, took on any extra job that I could to learn every detail of the job and more.
Fast paced environment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2017
Greet patients as they came into the department. Checked patient in for exam. Verified demographics and insurance information. Print schedules and demo's for the next day. Schedule add on patients. Collect co insurance payments. Answer phone calls from doctor's offices.
Pros
Repeat patients build a working relationship
Cons
No room for advancement unless you politic
Employees and Management
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHOctober 26, 2017
The employees and management at this job were among some of the best I ever worked with. Pay was great and work life balance was good. I was an armed officer in the hospital
Pros
pay and co workers
A place of learning
Phlebotomist/ Spciemen Processor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2017
This is a place where you can learn and grow if you take advantage of the opportunities. It can be stressful but If you remember to stay focused on your goal then you will excel.
Pros
decent work hours
Cons
advancements doesnt seem possible
Great place to work at
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ravenna, OHOctober 22, 2017
I enjoy working at University Hospitals and would recommend University Hospitals to others for employment. I have been with University Hospitals for almost 15 years
Pros
Flex time
Uh
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2017
Great place to work. I started as an PCA there and have learned a lot about nursing. It has been a wonderful place to start my nursing career. There is nothing I would change about my experience. Nursing is not easy but its people there to help along the way.
It's a job
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 16, 2017
Working night shifts would traditionally start off with 5-6 patients and end the shift in the morning with 6-7. They closed the telemetry monitoring bank, but do not have monitors on all floors.
Pros
Cons
Unstable work environment
Unstable work environment
PARAMEDIC (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 16, 2017
The work environment in this hospital system is shaky. Job security is very poor due to current staffing cuts. The management team could do better at providing information about job futures to the staff.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Poor job security
Fast Pace Work Enviroment
Distribution Tech.EMC Material Distribution (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 8, 2017
Overall not a bad place to work for. The typical day is busy and requires you to learn information quickly. The hardest part of the job is to learn all the equipment and supplies are so that when they are asked for you know what you are looking for.
Pros
Earning PTO bi-weekly based on hours worked
Cons
Layoffs
Relaxed atomosphere
Central Facility Laboratory Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere. Understanding management and flexible hours. Hardest part of the job was that it was not fulfilling, too slow. The best part of the job, never came home stessed.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Too easy
Enjoyable job with great employees and peers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 1, 2017
As my first job as a medical assistant, UH had recently taken over the small office I was hired into. There were many changes and the staff that had been there for 10+ years didn't like very much, but adapted.
Management needs some work and since it was such a small office, there wasn't room for advancement and the pay wasn't bad, but could be improved upon for what the job entails.
Also, using PTO for holidays instead of allotted holiday pay is something that many employees I worked with didn't like and neither did I.
The benefit packages are nice and very good insurance, somewhat pricey, but the insurance is very good for what you would pay for.
Overall, this was a good place to work and I was lucky to work in an office with minimal drama and a team where everyone would work together smoothly.
A Company That Takes Care of Its Employees and Promotes True Individual Growth
Patient Access Representative I (Current Employee) –  Conneaut, OHSeptember 30, 2017
I am a Patient Access Rep in an ER. I register patients, verify patient's demographic information, take medical insurance info, make phone calls for the ER physicians, collect co-payments from patients, organize charts, and more. The most rewarding aspect of this position is interacting with other healthcare professionals and the patients. The hardest part of the job is dealing with patients family members who do not understand the nature of an emergency room or HIPAA. The other hard part is working alone in a busy ER and handling all of the phone calls, patient registrations, and charts.

UH is by far THE BEST health care provider system I have ever worked for. They truly care about their employees. UH offers wonderful health, vision, and dental benefits, along with a pension plan, a very good PTO plan, 401(3)b, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts on events and places like Cedar Point.

UH provides raises, bonuses, performance evaluations, and your manager discusses your future education and career plan with you if you have one. They promote their employees continuing their education and like to see people grow and move into higher positions.

I love working here.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, Competitive Pay, Benefits, Easy Advancement and Promotion, Excellent PTO Plan
Cons
Short staffed at times
Would recommend
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 26, 2017
I worked at UH a long time ago, but I did like working there. I only worked as needed, but the pay was great. Through experience and word of mouth, the pay and the treatment of nurses is better than other local competition.
Great way to earn money
Department Clerk-Patient Access Central Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Highland Hls, OHSeptember 25, 2017
I learned a lot working for UH. I started out as a housekeeper, and by working hard and taking classes offered through Tri C right at UH, on company time, I was able to work my way out of that department and enjoyed a good "sit down" job in Patient Access. I loved my role and I am just sick about no longer working there
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No overtime in my role
great until that 'ONE' manager
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 15, 2017
worked at main campus Seidman for 4 yrs, hard work but good. then I went to the Seidman at St John's and within 1 year got fired for a trumped up accusation. the boss there is new and most of the nurses think they are better than every one else. one there is just poison. beware!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.