University Hospitals

University Hospitals Employee Reviews

great coworkers
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), cleveland, ohJuly 7, 2015
Very competent nurses who are compassionate and team players. Never a worry about one of them caring for a patient on call
Great people to work with and great benefits
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Highland Hills, OHJuly 1, 2015
The management was very rude, the co-workers were amazing. The job was fun and not stressful. A typical day was answering phone calls as well as calling patients to schedule appointments for them. The hardest part of the job was not being able to fully help patients, meaning there was only so much i was able to do on my end and the rest i would have to send the patients to the doctors office.
Great company to work for
Business Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 12, 2015
Pros: setting my own schedule
Cons: late hours
in my current role, my job isnt typical. It changes daily, depending on the schedules and the needs of others. the hardest part of this job is depending on others to complete their portion of the work, so that my portion is completed. Have to have strong organizational skills to do this type of work. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and seeing the project completed- from start to finish.
Fast-pace & fun work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Orange, OHJune 3, 2015
Pros: Vacation time, FMLA
Cons: Short breaks, miscommunication
I would love to become an employee of your company. I feel that I would be an asset to your practice. A typical day at work would include checking in a patient by verifying identification and insurance. Triaging patient by taking vital signs and reviewing all medications that the patient is currently taking. I would like to be under the management of someone who is competent, logical and understanding. One who is patient and always puts the patient first. I like to make work a fun place to be, you spend the majority of your time there so why not? I am a team player and will go over and beyond to assist anyone. For me, the hardest part of my job would be not to be able to help a patient or fellow co-worker. I absolutely LOVE being a Medical Assistant and working with patients and developing a great rapport with the patient and there families.
Nutrition Assistant 2 (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2015
Friendly co workers ,flexible hours, great management, benefits ,PTO, health care, useful information, versatile, clean, awesome programs
Okay if you work for Corporate.
Grant Accountant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2015
Working in niche departments does not provide the right amount of growth or support to foster a career. Problem people do not get fired, they get moved. Many people say "not my job" and move on. Communication is lacking throughout.
Interesting
Torchgroup-Marketing Consultant (Interim) (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 19, 2015
Pros: Growth Opportunity
An interesting place to work. Great opportunities to learn and grow. Many teams to work with and learn trades. Expanding which allows additional opportunities.
Fast-paced work environment
Secretary (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2015
This is a fast-paced work environment that is dedicated to providing quality care to every patient. The best part of my day is knowing that I have helped someone today.
Awesome therapy team. Challenging setting that will enable you to learn alot.
Physical Therapist (PRN) (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHMay 12, 2015
Great patient mix that is challenging and rewarding. Physically demanding which is great for a therapist and great staff.
University Hospitals
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2015
Medical assistants perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly. The duties of medical assistants vary from office to office, depending on the location and size of the practice and the practitioner's specialty.
hospital, with a nursing school and med school , a teaching hospital
pediatric clinical pharmacist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2015
a typical day ,at work, preparing scheduled ivs, checking orders, filling orders, making tpns.with iv loads every three hours, get the deliveries ready, and do it again on the next iv load
Great place to work, compensation and benefits could be better
Environmental Services (Current Employee), Cleveland OhioMay 7, 2015
Pros: job stability
Cons: very hard to move up the ladder
My days are very repetitive but I've learned that this is a great company and it would be wise to stay here and role with the punches. My managers are very flexible and they will work with when needed. The hardest part about my job is that its very difficult to grow in Environmental Services. The most enjoyable part is that I work in a safe, stable environment.
Great oppurtuinity for custonmer service skills!
PCNA/Unit Receptionist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 27, 2015
Loved this job and their awesome staff! Helped me to reach new potentials for the workplace. The atmosphere was so fun and laid back. Very flexible.
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 11, 2015
Pros: Offer secure pay now and then, managers work with you
Cons: Horrible hours, pt population can grind you down.
A good place to cut your teeth as an RN. I'm relocating to a new town, but if I were to stay they have good opportunities to further your career. My floor was chaotic and often horrible, but the management does their best to be supportive.
Intern Life
Accounts Payable Intern (Former Employee), Shaker Heights, OHApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time working there. I asked for more work and there was always something to do. I learned a lot and gained a lot of experience.
productive and very friendly environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: work hours
A typical day at work begins at 11am and ends at 730 pm. There is a mixture of different cultures and statuses, for example, we have patients from all over the country and a different variety of doctors.
very productive and fun
Lead Nutrition Services Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: making a patient visit pleasant
Cons: very busy at times
each day was different. we worked hard to give our patients the best and most accurate services we could. i was flexible, which means, i sometimes worked different areas each day or during the day. i was a team leader so i had to show i can give support as well as give demands. sometimes the hardest part was the employees if they were not productive, otherwise we had we worked hard and had fun. my co-workers was the best part.
Senior Patient Access Rep (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Good place to work. Great people and large company with years of success. Business security is one of the greatest benefits when working for this company.
Kids can always put a smile on your face
Processor/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 7, 2015
I work with children ranging from the ages of newborns to 18. I draw babies and then go back to the lab to process for the rest of my shift. I come in contact with nurses, doctors, families and other hospital staff. The best part of my job is that I play a part in helping making a child feel better and on their way back to good health.
Enjoyable
CLINICAL TECH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHFebruary 2, 2015
I loved the staff and the environment. Every floor I worked on was pleasant and the nurses always helped when they could. This was one of the best jobs I've had in the 14 years I've worked in the medical field.

1 2 3 4 5

About University Hospitals

Caring for patients and their families. Advancing medical knowledge, technologies and practices. Developing and educating the – Read more

University Hospitals Salaries