University Hospitals Employee Reviews

Not worth the money.
Technician (Former Employee) –  ClevelandSeptember 2, 2016
The typical work day was busy. I learned a great deal from many experienced and knowledgeable clinicians. I endured multiple changes of management over my tenure, but the last one was the last straw. They were petty, bullying, demeaning, and demoralizing. If you were the flavor of the day, so to speak, then look out. Nothing was off limits. Many of my co-workers were not much better. A number of them would spend 1/2 an hour looking for a subordinate to do something they could've done themselves in a 1/3 of the time and then set about tearing the person they were looking for down to management. I approached HR multiple times with concerns and got nowhere. They were basically an extension of management. In more ways than one, this is a HOSTILE work environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the belittling from management and the highschool behavior of some co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients. The patient populace there for the most part was very appreciative. I loved what I did at UH.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Bullying Management
Flexible Hours
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 26, 2015
My manager was very flexible with hours, especially for those going though school. In the position of Sterile Processor, there is no type of promotion and the salary cap is low considering how long you have to work there to get it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No room to move up in the work place.
This is the worst place I have ever worked.
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 6, 2016
In the years I worked there. The favoritism was horrible.i was suppose to have set days off since I was full time. They always switched my days off .They would alway put me somewhere even though I didn't know how to do it . If people called off you where expected to do your job plus the other peoples jobs,they didn't care if you where overwhelmed or needed help.The supervisors where a joke never did anything but hangover each other or treat you like a child, and talk to you like you where stupid.I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.also you have to watch out for your co workers,they will stab you in the back in a second.i wouldn't trust any of them.
Pros
there is none
Cons
Favoritism
great benefits but poor workplace
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day here would consist of the same thing daily, spending the day auditing dictations and other daily tasks like making sure doctors notes were being sent out to the correct physicians. The most I would say I learned here is how to better audit dictations. As for management they seemed like they had too much on their plate and wasn't around much to see things that were going on within the office. As for coworkers, most of them were nice but in this position I seen a lot of people quit and they turn around with employees was very frequent. The hardest part of my job was the drama within the office that was very unnecessary, which was caused by someone above the secretaries. My favorite part of this job was just knowing I was helping patients.
Cons
management
Enjoyed working for UHRMC; great benefits
Medical Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHMarch 5, 2016
I really enjoyed working with interns, residents and fellows. When I started working at UHRMC, there were at total of 25 interns and fellows. As time went on, that number increased to more than 80 interns, residents and fellows. Although there was an increase of interns, residents and fellows, the office staff stayed at three employees. The hospital would not allow the department to hire additional staff to help manage all of the responsibilities of training students to become doctors. Due to the lack of staff, a work week would consist of more than 40 hours on a regular basis. The job, itself, was amazing and I truly enjoyed working with the interns, residents and fellows.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Lack of Staff Support
Stressful place to work
Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2016
Prep Medical documents for scanning
Update demographics for medical patients in Harp System through Soft and Athena Net systems.
Learn how to use the medical systems and the billing. The manager was not easy to work with there was a of backbiting, my coworkers did not trust each other. There was a power struggle between manger and supervisor. Never was hired
The hardest part of the job was trying to read the doctors codes.
Listen to my music.
Pros
located aross the street from my home
Cons
Health care
Extremely well-rounded workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2016
I've been working at UH coming up on one year now. I enjoy my work, there's tons of things to learn....never a boring or dull moment! They provide training in MS Office Suites, if you need improvement or just want to advance your skills...

There are many projects & events to work on from start to finish. Again, never a dull moment.
Pros
You're learning new things all the time
Cons
Can't think of any....
Productive, busy place to work. Plenty of job opportunities available.
Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHJune 28, 2016
-management doesn't micromanage
-sometimes lots of busy work in the off-season, aka budget season
-co-workers are great
-job can be a little bit flexible but I wish they listened to their employees more and let some work remotely more often where feasible
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Just raised 7500 for tuition reimbursement
Managment lacks education, and interpersonal skills
respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 25, 2016
The Respiratory Department management lacks leadership skills, and education, the department is under staff, and employee's are disgruntled and unhappy with work hour's. The supervisor is rude and very unprofessional discussing personal employees' business with other staff member's, the pay is not sufficient with the work loads and expectations, the hospital requires you to perform. The hospital lacks Epic technology, still utilizing paper charting.
Pros
The Patient's
Cons
Low pay, poor managment, understaff, unhappy co-worker's, large work loads
Great place to start your career
Nutritional Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHAugust 12, 2016
If your trying to get your foot in the door this is a good place to start then transfer out.
The best part about my job is you come in and do it and you don't have someone watching every move you make.
The worst part is that you see alot of sad situations.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Were too start!
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 26, 2016
Worst hospital in Cleveland if I could call fox 8 19 3 ,joint commission anyone to express the way I been treated and others. Management is the worst I can only speak on sterile processing. Go head apply because you need a job. You will be looking for other.ect I can go on...............
Pros
You have a job
Cons
stress, if not the favorite, money, different management, very high turn over
UH is a very busy hospital that does some good work with taking care of patients.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 5, 2016
My typical day at UH is working with nurses, patients, the manager, and other co workers. I learned that my manager does not make staff accountable for inappropriate behavior. The only thing that you can be terminated for is attendance. Many of the nurses are not professional, and neither is the nursing assistant staff. Housekeeping staff at UH is the worse in terms of cleaning. Housekeeping also keeps up gossip. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with all of the personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients. The patients make the job worth it.
Pros
They work with my schedule.
Cons
The regular stress of working in healthcare.
prodructive and good for learner
Clinical Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2016
Very productive fast paced environment. Great place for learning skills. Work schedule and paid time off is flexible fostering a good work/life balance. Great place to work at. People are great with few exceptions, work is satisfying and engaging.
Dialyis
Ohio Certified Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 27, 2016
university hospital is a great place to work. Everyone is nice there and we all work as a team. management is great and everyone has a positive attitude about working there and to help the patients have better outcomes of their care,
Beautiful Hospital, yet needs work
Clinical Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 3, 2016
Management is decent, but could be better. Often under-staffed, which is hard on the employees. Lack of teamwork common, bullying also a big problem at times.
Pros
Able to pick up gap shifts
Cons
Not enough staff, poor management
great place for advancement
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 29, 2016
University hospitals allows idividuals to advance in a career of there choice. Allowing not only room for school, but they also offer a tuition reembersment program.
Friendly
Pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  Parma ,ohioAugust 24, 2016
A great place to work!!! Very friendly, they have great benefits. Job security is a plus. Easily accessible from all locations. Nurse to patient ratio is low.
EEG Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 20, 2016
Good learning facility and great co workers I learned a lot about seizures and the medical field, the hardest part of the job was dealing with combative patients.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
nasty people
If i could give the management a ZERO, I would.
current employee (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 26, 2016
The sleep lab manager is inept at best. The equipment is horrible. The sleep labs at the main campus as well as the Beechwood locations have had multiple issues with bed bugs. The staff is disgruntled and the interpreting physician is overbearing.
Pros
The fellow technologist
Cons
Management, management, management.....
Great, positive environment to work, great co-workers and team environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  East RegionApril 17, 2016
Great, positive environment to work, great co-workers and team environment. Great growth opportunities and always put the patients first in any decisions they make.