University Instructors

University Instructors Employer Reviews

Tutor/Mentor
Tutor/ Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2013
Helping young children who had reading issues. It was a great environment to learn about how the education system operates.
My position is a subcontracting position.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2013
Pros: meeting all of my clients friends and assisiting them as needed.with the students, working 1:1 guaranteed direct learning and immediate results.
Cons: becoming to close to the clients and students, can bring conflict that impedes on implementing rules, and regulations that may not always remain in tact.
At University Instructors,I worked during the day with both special and regular education students ranging from 4th through 8th graders.Implemented core curriculum goals and objectives in the lesson plan.Pulled students as needed to review and increase math ,reading and language skills,using teacher guided work assignments and independent work activities.Reported – more... daily students behaviors and skills taught using Excell Word.The hardest part of the job was the transitioning of students from one destination to the next activity which increased negative behavior issues due to the dynamics of the classroom.
At Visiting Angels,In the evening I worked as an CNA/GNA companion keeper.Daily responsibilities included reading aloud,outdoor exercises with the client,arts and crafts ,movie theatre,hair salon appointments,and ongoing conversation.Any medical appointments were sceduled as needed and attended on grounds.The hardest part of the job is that when clients are in the 80 and 90 year old range they may not be able to express their mental state of possible depression observed only from body language and facial expression and or memories that may have them forgetting the present situation,therefore,it is imperative for me to develop a wholistic relationship with the client to reach all domains of the person.That would include mind,body and spirit,which I enjoyed.The most rewarding for both jobs is that at the end of the day ,at lease one or all the goals and objectives set were accomplished .This causes one to be glad to return to work on the tomorrow.
I also developed a relationship with all my teachers and the Principal to be sure that each person was on the same page for implementing the goals of the school for the day.With Visiting Angels,the additional person to work with my client was informed of all activities of the day through written documentation from the beginning of the day until the end of the day. – less
See below.
Tutor (Former Employee), Staunton, VAJanuary 18, 2013
Only a temporary assignment. Worked part time until I could find full time employment.
A typical day
University Instructor (Current Employee), Richmond, VANovember 23, 2012
Pros: partime
Cons: partime
A typical day would consist of getting your assignments and your students, Designing the lesson and then teaching.
Great company to work for!
Independent Education Associate (Tutor) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2012
With this company you work when they have clients that match your qualifications to work with. The hours are very flexible and fits into the schedule that you can work. You work alone most of the time,so there are no co-workers around. There is nothing hard about working as a tutor for this company. I enjoy meeting and helping young minds grow to their – more... full potential using this program. The rate of pay is excellent for certified teachers (even if your certificate has expired). – less
Productive yet challenging task
Teacher (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 5, 2012
Pros: small class sizes
Cons: short breaks; no planning period
Pick up students daily.
Provide innovative lessons to students daily.
Copy, plan, and sort work for the week.
Talking to the students and watching them progress personally and academically is worth the job.
love teaching children.
Tutor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 31, 2012
Pros: giving them a little free time outside.
Cons: can't recall anything.
A typical day is writing a lesson plan prior to entering the classroom. I learned that you may not reach ever student but the ones you do really appreciate it with a thank you.
Eventhough I was responsible for the students studying for the c.r.c.t. at the end of the school year, they had a chance to do oral skills as well as reading,writing, and math. – more... I was the only tutor from u.i. so I really did not have a co-worker. The hardest part of the job was keeping every student interested and the most enjoyable part of the job is that there are times when I see a student(s) outside the school setting and they acknowledge me. – less
Exciting and fulfilling place to work
Tutor (Former Employee), Atlanta GADecember 26, 2011
Pros: work with kids that want to learn
Cons: not enough hours to supplement income
This company was intent on providing the best resources for a student population forgotten by many. These children were from the Katrina Hurricane and others were placed with their mother in a Women's Shelter.