University Instructors Employee Reviews in United States

Cool!
Instructional Coordinator/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 10, 2015
Great mission and purpose, dedicated to the students. Flexible schedules allow for ideal employment for family-oriented individuals. Awesome part-time opportunity for anyone interested in supplementing income.
Great
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA metro area.January 25, 2015
Great place to work! I recommend them to anyone qualified to work for them. This organization affords the opportunity to haelp students who need help. Company gives tutor opportunity to select place to work and hours to work.
Pros
great place to work!
Cons
excellent organization!
It was a terrific company to work for.
I was a full time tutor for 10 students daily (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 4, 2014
I tutored numerous students and learned how to interact with different cultures and how to work with a great staff. It was a great team to work with and the hardest part was time management with an array of students. I worked with students, principles, teachers and special education teachers and guidance counselors so I worked with a lot of professionals.
Perfect job for me at the time.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2014
It was a great company! It was part-time and during the school day. I tutored students in the classroom in my favorite subject, MATH!
Fun job with very good and helpful co-workers
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 27, 2014
A typical day at work including working with colleagues and students aged six to fifteen, assisting them with homework. Also helped students with deficient skills found through MAPP testing. My co-workers assisted me with balancing activities including snack and break time for the students. The management was always there to support me, yet my immediate management changed from school to school and year to year with the company. The hardest part of the job was incorporating homework into the lesson plans from time to time, when school staff overrode our assignments from University Instructors. The most enjoyable part of the job was the looks of relief of student faces, once homework was completed, or once a deficient skill was now mastered.
Pros
ableto work during the summer
Cons
part-time
Great Introductory Education Field Experience
Algebra Readiness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 1, 2014
University Instructors does in school tutoring is several subjects. I was the in school math tutor, Algebra Readiness Instructor, for a middle school in VA Beach. Over all felt the experience was a great first time venture into the field of education. My work day was most of the school day, 6 hours. I worked with teachers directly but to my understanding not all tutors do so. It depends what the school they are working at it looking for. Some have a space of their own and the students come to them. I love working with kids, so UI gave me a great opportunity to do so while doing a job that used my degree and skill set.
Tutor/Mentor
Tutor/ Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2013
Helping young children who had reading issues. It was a great environment to learn about how the education system operates.
My position is a subcontracting position.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2013
At University Instructors,I worked during the day with both special and regular education students ranging from 4th through 8th graders.Implemented core curriculum goals and objectives in the lesson plan.Pulled students as needed to review and increase math ,reading and language skills,using teacher guided work assignments and independent work activities.Reported daily students behaviors and skills taught using Excell Word.The hardest part of the job was the transitioning of students from one destination to the next activity which increased negative behavior issues due to the dynamics of the classroom.
At Visiting Angels,In the evening I worked as an CNA/GNA companion keeper.Daily responsibilities included reading aloud,outdoor exercises with the client,arts and crafts ,movie theatre,hair salon appointments,and ongoing conversation.Any medical appointments were sceduled as needed and attended on grounds.The hardest part of the job is that when clients are in the 80 and 90 year old range they may not be able to express their mental state of possible depression observed only from body language and facial expression and or memories that may have them forgetting the present situation,therefore,it is imperative for me to develop a wholistic relationship with the client to reach all domains of the person.That would include mind,body and spirit,which I enjoyed.The most rewarding for both jobs is that at the end of the day ,at lease one or all the goals and objectives set were accomplished .This causes one to be glad to return to work on the tomorrow.
I also developed a relationship
  more... with all my teachers and the Principal to be sure that each person was on the same page for implementing the goals of the school for the day.With Visiting Angels,the additional person to work with my client was informed of all activities of the day through written documentation from the beginning of the day until the end of the day.  less
Pros
meeting all of my clients friends and assisiting them as needed.with the students, working 1:1 guaranteed direct learning and immediate results.
Cons
becoming to close to the clients and students, can bring conflict that impedes on implementing rules, and regulations that may not always remain in tact.
See below.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAJanuary 18, 2013
Only a temporary assignment. Worked part time until I could find full time employment.
A typical day
University Instructor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 23, 2012
A typical day would consist of getting your assignments and your students, Designing the lesson and then teaching.
Pros
partime
Cons
partime
Great company to work for!
Independent Education Associate (Tutor) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2012
With this company you work when they have clients that match your qualifications to work with. The hours are very flexible and fits into the schedule that you can work. You work alone most of the time,so there are no co-workers around. There is nothing hard about working as a tutor for this company. I enjoy meeting and helping young minds grow to their full potential using this program. The rate of pay is excellent for certified teachers (even if your certificate has expired).
Productive yet challenging task
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 5, 2012
Pick up students daily.
Provide innovative lessons to students daily.
Copy, plan, and sort work for the week.
Talking to the students and watching them progress personally and academically is worth the job.
Pros
small class sizes
Cons
short breaks; no planning period
love teaching children.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 31, 2012
A typical day is writing a lesson plan prior to entering the classroom. I learned that you may not reach ever student but the ones you do really appreciate it with a thank you.
Eventhough I was responsible for the students studying for the c.r.c.t. at the end of the school year, they had a chance to do oral skills as well as reading,writing, and math. I was the only tutor from u.i. so I really did not have a co-worker. The hardest part of the job was keeping every student interested and the most enjoyable part of the job is that there are times when I see a student(s) outside the school setting and they acknowledge me.
Pros
giving them a little free time outside.
Cons
can't recall anything.
Exciting and fulfilling place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GADecember 26, 2011
This company was intent on providing the best resources for a student population forgotten by many. These children were from the Katrina Hurricane and others were placed with their mother in a Women's Shelter.
Pros
work with kids that want to learn
Cons
not enough hours to supplement income

4.4