University Medical Group (UMG), the preferred OHSU clinical billing service, has an opening for a Reimbursement Specialist.
This position primarily processes and documents transactions on customer accounts and interacts with customers in resolution of unpaid balances, refunds and other billing issues.
- Processing transactions on customer accounts, ensuring account is set up correctly, problem resolution, and auditing transaction activity.
- Communicating with customers and third-party contacts (i.e. banks and insurance companies) to ensure timely and accurate processing of account transactions
- Performing and documenting quality assurance reviews on transactions.
- Analyzing and researching out-of-state insurance programs for claim and enrollment information to facilitate account transactions.
- Trending provider activity and claim denials.
- Preparing claims for mediation review.
- A positive attitude; comfortable with change; Must be able to work with a diverse team
- Two plus years experience with billing and collections in a health care environment, including knowledge of HIPAA regulations, CPT and ICD-9 codes required.
- Experience working Interventional Radiology preferred
- Accurate data entry skills and proficiency with standard office equipment and software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Proven experience meeting daily production standards.
- Experience with Epic strongly preferred.
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills. Ability to work with deadlines while remaining calm, flexible and organized.
- Customer service experience helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree preferred.
UMG offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, 401k with generous employer contribution, outstanding vacation & sick time allowances, 9 paid holidays per year, flexible spending accounts, discounted Tri-Met and C-Tran passes, discounted health club memberships and MORE!
As part of the hiring process, UMG requires a background check and drug test on final candidates.
UMG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.