University Medical Center of El Paso Employee Reviews

Na
Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 2, 2017
Great benefits currently under new management so things are a bit disorganized as this unit has been without management for years. Overall great place to work
Pros
Great benefits
Nice place to work at
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 2, 2017
Good place to work for. Family atmosphere. Great benefits. I have enjoyed working for this facility. Great use for the community. Has many amazing employees that are retained for years. Non profit hospital that gets the job done.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Not much time for anything else
Loved UMC
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 14, 2017
Great environment to work in and also a great company to work for. Really loved working for UMC and hopefully may go back in the future because the staff were excellent!
excellent benefits
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 11, 2017
patient care, patience, compassion, insurances coding, hospital programs, how to assess a difficult situation, cultural differences, overall medical situations. El paso, tx
If you want a place to grow your career and learn, this is the place to start and end.
System Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 19, 2017
UMC will invest in you and support your career growth. You can become successful and invest back in the success of the company's growth. Many that start their carreer at UMC make a lifetime career here.
Pros
Success oriented
Cons
Not too many of the good jobs open up. The people that work here stay here.
it's ok
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 20, 2017
very busy, always something to do. fast pace most of the time. there is a good team environment but like ant other work place there are those times when team work doesn't exist.
Educating rewarding. Able to go up the ladder. Able to be trained in new positions
CNA/HUC (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Working here wsa a blast. Everyone was a team and a family. Hours were great and if you asked for overtime it was given. Everyone rotated on holidays. Training here was awesome learned a lot of things.
Pros
Co workers, overtime, training, awesome people working there.
Cons
Short lunch and overworked at times
Umc
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  UMC EL PASO TXFebruary 12, 2017
CVICU is an excellent place to work. The team work they have is amazing, you will never feel unsafe while working there. Management is great, excellence is their goal, and professional improvement is encouraged and supported.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Ceo
Nursing staff is friendly
Licensed Vocational Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 30, 2017
I did my clinical rotations here and I loved every nurse that I shadowed here. They were friendly and really helped me understand concepts and skills that I didn't understand in the classroom.
Easy going and family friendly
Occupational health and Front Desk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 24, 2017
University Medical Center has been one of my best experiences, especially if you are striving in he medical field. Very family friendly and easy going job.

Want to know more about University Medical Center of El Paso?

Ask a question
Umc
RN (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 15, 2017
Couldn't have asked to work for a better company nor better people. Staff here are remarkable and caring. I enjoy the population I work with and for. My job requires so much of me and drains me in every aspect, but at the end of the day, I am reminded of why I do what I do, and of who I am. This is by far, the most rewarding of professions and I am proud to work for this hospital.
Aide (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 20, 2016
I Like Volunteering because I helped others and the patients, good working environment, What I learned about there is that we need to serve with respect and with love .
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Lab tech/lab assistant
Certified lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Main hospitalJune 10, 2016
Loved my job.. loved what I did. Co workers in other depts were amazing to work with. Co workers in Lab were horrible, especially management. There was a large amount of favoritism within direct supervisor and upper management. Not willing to work with an injured employee.
Benifits are great but pay is not. Team work didn't exist in Lab. Very disappointing. Blame management.
I would definitely work for UMC again but in a different department, never Lab
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Horrible management and pay
Horrible place to work as a Surgical Tech!
CVOR Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Extremely understaffed! To the point of not being safe for patient care! Rude staff. Ineffective management. The usual.
CNA- former employee
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 13, 2015
The only thing great about this place was my co workers. Super friendly and always more than willing to help out. Some days were easier than others like having 10 patients per CNA. You got to eat whenever you got a chance to. And the pay was ridiculous, an insult actually. Minimum wage for all the dirty work us as CNAs do is definitely not worth it. I would not work here again..
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay; short lunch breaks
Overall Satisfaction
BiomedicalTech II (Former Employee) –  El PasoAugust 9, 2015
There is a unique atmosphere where the majority of people actually like their job and it is visible by the way everyone interacts with one another. It would be extremely difficult to walk down the corridors of this instituition and not be greeted by several co-workers. Having said that, the only thing I find discomforting is the knee-jerk reaction administration has the tendancy to have when things go askew.
Pros
Great people, benefits, Decent pay
Cons
Understaffed
It is a great opportunity to work at UMC
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 14, 2015
UMC is growing so fast and employees are so nice to each other, they made me feel I am very welcomed and the coworkers are happy to help me to learn! Its a great opportunity to work at UMC and there are more and more clinics coming!
Cor
COR (Former Employee) –  El PasoDecember 11, 2014
Management very un fair!!! They have favoritism 24/7 very un organized facilities "Managers" will always be at restaurants or in personal trips or stores at working hours on the clock. Co worker's are somewhat good there's always gossip in the clinics makes it uneasy! !!
Pros
good insurance dental and eye
Cons
30 min lunches and no breaks for 13 hour shifts "management" has favoritism! !!
Nice people working there
Shipping & Receiving Expediter (Current Employee) –  4815 Alameda Ave. El Paso, TX 79905October 21, 2014
This is a real nice place to work, management is kind of unfair but good
Pros
you can swipe your badge for lunch, pharmacy, gift shop and coffee and get it deduct by payroll
Cons
pay wage in some departments
Great place to gain work experience
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasOctober 15, 2014
I volunteered at University Medical Center for 3 years during high school. Working my whole summer and all of the holiday breaks from school. It was very fun, exciting and I learned so much from it. The most enjoyable part of my day was talking to patients and visitors.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
did not get paid