University Medical Center of El Paso Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Aide (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 20, 2016
I Like Volunteering because I helped others and the patients, good working environment, What I learned about there is that we need to serve with respect and with love .
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Horrible place to work as a Surgical Tech!
CVOR Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Extremely understaffed! To the point of not being safe for patient care! Rude staff. Ineffective management. The usual.
CNA- former employee
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 13, 2015
The only thing great about this place was my co workers. Super friendly and always more than willing to help out. Some days were easier than others like having 10 patients per CNA. You got to eat whenever you got a chance to. And the pay was ridiculous, an insult actually. Minimum wage for all the dirty work us as CNAs do is definitely not worth it. I would not work here again..
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay; short lunch breaks
Overall Satisfaction
BiomedicalTech II (Former Employee) –  El PasoAugust 9, 2015
There is a unique atmosphere where the majority of people actually like their job and it is visible by the way everyone interacts with one another. It would be extremely difficult to walk down the corridors of this instituition and not be greeted by several co-workers. Having said that, the only thing I find discomforting is the knee-jerk reaction administration has the tendancy to have when things go askew.
Pros
Great people, benefits, Decent pay
Cons
Understaffed
It is a great opportunity to work at UMC
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 14, 2015
UMC is growing so fast and employees are so nice to each other, they made me feel I am very welcomed and the coworkers are happy to help me to learn! Its a great opportunity to work at UMC and there are more and more clinics coming!
Cor
COR (Former Employee) –  El PasoDecember 11, 2014
Management very un fair!!! They have favoritism 24/7 very un organized facilities "Managers" will always be at restaurants or in personal trips or stores at working hours on the clock. Co worker's are somewhat good there's always gossip in the clinics makes it uneasy! !!
Pros
good insurance dental and eye
Cons
30 min lunches and no breaks for 13 hour shifts "management" has favoritism! !!
Nice people working there
Shipping & Receiving Expediter (Current Employee) –  4815 Alameda Ave. El Paso, TX 79905October 21, 2014
This is a real nice place to work, management is kind of unfair but good
Pros
you can swipe your badge for lunch, pharmacy, gift shop and coffee and get it deduct by payroll
Cons
pay wage in some departments
Great place to gain work experience
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasOctober 15, 2014
I volunteered at University Medical Center for 3 years during high school. Working my whole summer and all of the holiday breaks from school. It was very fun, exciting and I learned so much from it. The most enjoyable part of my day was talking to patients and visitors.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
did not get paid
Interface Programmer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 20, 2014
The work culture and people make UMC a great place to work. Management can be a little powertrip-y but it is not too bad.
Public Affairs, Marketing and Media
Public Affairs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AdministrationJuly 28, 2014
Overall it was a good working environment. I was able to help a lot of different departments with the marketing of their services and events. It was difficult to work under my direct supervisor who did not communicate well with the team and was not open to new ideas and change.
I enjoyed working with others and getting to know families and hearing their testimonial.
Pros
awesome benefits, a variety of projects
Cons
manager was not a good mentor, did not communicate and held me back as far as capabilities, creativity and knowledge
was a great experiance
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  west texasJune 27, 2014
Enjoyed working there. Good people to work for. Hospital paid for my Nuclear medicine education.
Trauma Life
Trauma Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 5, 2014
Always on your toes, never know when you will get called off. Busy, never a dull moment with great coworkers. Everyday is different in terms of nursing care. 12 hour shifts goes by fast. Learned a lot from UMC.
Fun and love the people.
Work in the Intensive Care Unit as a receptionist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 30, 2013
Although the job kept me busy and made me stress, I learned a lot from working here. People I have met have influenced me in a good way, even the negative individuals.
My coworkers were amazing. There were a few that i bumped heads with but I learned to do my job and let management deal with the problem.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with my job was having to deal people that wanted the schedule to be their way and not help out. It was hard to work with people that would be flexible and help out others, not only themselves.
Pros
learning from watching nurses save lives and the friendly people. also, watching patients come back to life when hope was lost.
Cons
the people that were negative, making the work environment feel negative as well.
Associate gym helps us stay health & focused.
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 24, 2013
University Medical Center is a constant learning experience. The fast pace makes the time both hard and enjoyable, and the hours go by quickly. Management and co-workers make for interesting and challenging experiences.
Unempolyed
not hired (Former Employee) –  not hiredDecember 6, 2012
I have applied every 3 months for the Pharmacy position and have been rejected everytime due to my non bilingual status. There are employees that are non bilingual (speak spanish only, no english) who are emolpoyed in the pharmacy, as well as other positions in this facility. The care is ok but the hiring practice is biased. Working in the pharmacy or as a C.N.A. in this facility would have been a benefit in my field.
Cons
many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Medical Center of El Paso. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8